October 2, 2014 | 998 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sodacandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing!!

I don't buy a lot of makeup overall... but I HOARD lipstick. I've tried a lot of them that claim to be moisturizing, but I always end up with flaky lips anyhow. Not attractive... and not very comfortable either!

I bought this in 'Smolder' because I thought the color was gorgeous! And it is--it's a brown-pink that looks very natural. I have warm skin that's very, very pale, which I like 40% of the time. The other 60% is when I get RED because I blush easily (darn capillaries!), and I find that a lot of lipsticks just clash against my skin because of this.

Not so with this! It really is a lovely color that brightens up my face and flatters my skintone. I think it'd work well with just about anyone!

I bought it more for the color than for the formula, but the formula is just as great. It's sooo creamy.. none of the tightness that other lipsticks give you (even that Maybelline Moisture Extreme everyone raved about. Didn't work for me.)

Can't rave enough about this. Very worth the price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by balmsaway

I added a photo up top but will post the link here also at the end of the review.
SULTRY is a non concealer type nude...
SMOLDER is a step darker, richer then slutry. It's the warmest out of all the 5. It's a brownish mlbb shade.
FERVER is a berry, brown...lovely punch of color without being too loud type of color. It doesn't scream brown in the least but has just enough to keep the berry from being too bright or harsh on me. Its defiantly got some color, but I can wear this day or night. I like to blot it for a stain look.(I actually prefer to blot them all, I like the finish better when I do. All of these 3 are from the brown collection.

RUSH is nudes/corals/reds version of sultry....looks identical in the bullet and swatched, but is slightly more pink. Just enough to make a difference when applied and give my lips a touch more color. Nc20-25 . this is more a cross of mlbb and a nude.

I also have HEAVENLY which is another in the nudes collection. This one is defiantly a pink type of nude. This one gives the most contrast to my complexion out of all the 5.

These do not dry out my lips.
All the ones I listed are matte (but not dull drying matte). I don't mind a touch of frost, but I kept away from those I liked because of the reports of shimmer in some that stays around the lips after color wears off or is blottted. With no way to know which of the frosts finishes have that shimmer, I kept to matte.

top photo is cloudy day photo, swatched heavy. 2nd photo is blotted like I normally wear then..and in the sun light

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Kelltastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Spellbound and Heavenly. I love them both! They're very smooth and have a lot of staying power. The selection of colors, in my opinion, beats all drugstore brands offerings. I'm very impressed! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I was unable to get over the overly perfumed fragrance of this lipstick long enough to wear it for more than a few minutes. It was enough to give me a headache.

Did I get an odd lippy? Are they all this perfumed? The scent is worse than L'Oreal and doesn't fade. Returning, will not try another.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't know how to rate this. Formula is great. Super moisturizing and conditioning and great color payoff. I just can't find a color I like. I am very pale with super full lips and the colors were too bright and pigmented for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by makeup14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received the lip perfection lipstick from buzzagent to try. All I can say is I love the lip sticks. I was sent the color hypnotic 220. This color is a soft purple color. And it goes on smooth and leaves your lips so soft. And not to mention it lasts all day. So you don't have to keep putting it on during the day. They also have many shades to choose from. This is a must have for every women:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Sylvina

I recieved two of these lipsticks through Buzzagent. The colors I got were Coquette and Hot. The tubes are really nice. Very sleek and shiny looking.

The lipstick itself goes on very smooth and moisturizing, and has a light fruity scent. The colors didn't really suit me though. Coquette was way too frosty and purple. Hot was way too bright and pink on me. I will definitely like to try colors that would be more suitable for my coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by cmacbride

I recieved the lipperfection lipstick in HOT. I thought the color would be a bit bold for me.. but when I applied it I loved the shade. I wear it almost every day... I play around with different shades of eyeshadow to go with it. It really made my lips feel moisturized after a few days of use. I will be buying this product over and over again for sure!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i only have one color and after trying it, i won't be buying another. First, I absolutely love the color i got(Dazzle). Its medium violet pink with subtle irridesence. Gorgeous color. With one sheer coat, it looks very natural and pretty, as if you have naturally pink lips. Lovely. Unfortunately, color is the only thing that i liked about it
This is sheer glossy lipstick. It can be layered for more color but with just one coat its very sheer, imo. Keep in mind that i like opaque full coverage color and this was definately not it. I found it to be very moisturizing as most glossy sheer colors are and it last about as long as any other lipstick in this formula, an hour at the most, without eating or drinking. Even just drinking something will take half of it right off. I think this has high ratings because lot of ladies like sheer colors but this is definately not my cup of tea. I don't mind reapplying but with this i have to reapply constantly. I even tried it with new CG lip pensil that i bought at the same time(i filled in my lips with it and put this lippie over that)-nope, still didn't last long probably because lip pensil falls in the same category. So no thanks to future purchases. So far, Cover Girl hasn't impressed me with any of their makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I now have 6 of the lipsticks from this new lip perfecting line.... LOVE THEM! They really are super moisturizing and pigmented. And of course both is hard to find in one. After it starts to wear off later in the night, it stains my lips~ pretty crazy. My only thing is that I wish the tube lid weren't so long to the bottom (thats a personal preference), and that they had an even bigger variety of bright, fun colors.