July 31, 2014 | 1885 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticated

So glad I decided to buy this instead of the Clarisonic. Well, my wallet decided! I find this helps a lot with the flakies when I'm using my Retin-A. Great little tool at a reasonable, real-people price. But throw away the little sample cleanser it comes with - it's garbage

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second brush system! I love this but a word to the wise: Be sure to dry the applicance off and I suggest keeping the plastic try in the box that it comes in because it makes a great storage holder for the brush and appliance while it dries. Do not use this in the shower, you dont want to the appliance to become overly wet. The first one I used suffered from serious battery erosion from water getting in, that compartment for the batteries is not water tight and it stopped working.

The 2nd one I'm treating with more care! I think it works just as good as some of the more expensive brands. Paired with Biore's Balancing skin cleanser, its amazing!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this thing!
I have dry, flaky skin and this really helps buff off all those flakes and evens out my face.
Makes exfoliating so fast and easy.
Plus it feels nice, it's like a little spa treatment at home every morning. Helps me wake up and feel refreshed.

I do like the cleanser it comes with, but I stick to my regular acne wash. You can use this with any cleanser you prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by violet5748

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very happy with this product. If anything bad happens I will do an update. I recently just bought this from Walmart.com and it was on sale. I think it's usually around 30 dollars but mine was like 21 dollars. It comes with a replacement head and a sample of their face wash from Olay. You find a much better deal at Costco if you can. it comes with a full sized bottle of facewash and not just a sample, and 2 replacement heads.I'm only basing this review off on one day. It literally just came in the mail yesterday and I used it last night and this morning. The results were beautiful. I used it last night in the shower with st Ives apricot scrub and then this morning with clean and clear face wash. My black heads on my nose are all gone, my other acne is going away, it almost looks like some scars faded. It's unbelievable what great results I've gotten from only one (technically 2)days of use. It's a beautiful product for such a cheap price. The brush is not rough at all and is actually quite soft. Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by flufffycloud9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yet another glowing review :)

A nurse that I work with strongly recommended this product to a client and since she has flawless skin, I ran out the next day to purchase one.

I am normally pretty good about washing my face. I thought I got the makeup completely off. I thought I exfoliated enough. And I thought that I would always deal with at least 1-4 breakouts at any given time even though I'm 24 years old. It was just my bad skin. I am SO happy to be proven wrong!

I've been using this brush for one week, twice a day (morning in the shower, at night to get off makeup), with St. Ives Apricot Scrub. The tool is the only thing altered in my beauty/health routine.
My skin hasn't been this flawless since before puberty. No exaggeration. I finally have zero blemishes! *Glooooat.* On top of which, it's that time of month (and I'm not on hormonal contraception) so this should be impossible. Plus it's not solely clear skin (which is already a miracle), it's even and glow-y skin, too.

Also: I have some horizontal expression lines in my forehead (genetics, ugh). Treatment has been Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture at night and Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle SPF 15 during the day for about 4 weeks, just on my forehead. Only in the past week, since using the brush, have my lines begun to reduce noticeably. And not just the Neutrogena but also my Cetaphil moisturizer sinks in so much more quickly and plumps my skin now. It looked/felt like a film before and now it looks/feels like perfect skin.

(Using a moisturizer is important with this just like you would with any skin exfoliation. Derms recommend moisturizing within 5 minutes of showering/washing while your skin is still damp. My friend starting using the brush at the same time as me and is also on acne meds but not moisturizing. She mentioned her skin is drier with twice daily use. But we're sloughing off our skin's dead outer layer and the new skin underneath needs protection/sealing in the moisture. Like..basting a turkey.)

I know there are a lot of great reviews for the Clarisonic Mia.. I looked into it too. I would definitely be willing to shell out. But has anyone else read the reviews on cystic acne/blackhead/whitehead/broken capillaries? A quality dermatologist knows there's no such thing as skin purging. And broken capillaries take forever and/or laser surgery to heal. Too scared. Gonna pass on the Mia. The Olay Pro X is beyond amazing for me, I will buy another if it breaks or I lose it. I will buy one for my mom and my brother in college.

My tip though that one or two others have noticed: if you press too firmly with the brush and go over areas too often and too long, it can aggravate that part of the skin and cause a small whitehead. (Which can be scraped off with a clean fingernail or wash cloth and goes away immediately.) This did happen to me when I was too aggressive. I need to remember that the spinning does the cleansing for me and the brush will get my skin clean with gentle, light pressure for the minute of time that's recommended (I sometimes push it to 2-4 min, oops. But it's so fun to use, I can't help it.)

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by xshouldbeeblondx

I do not have sensitive skin, although sometimes after using this, my face is red for a little bit. Not a big deal to me, but those with sensitive skin might have problems. I have very oily skin and I feel like this cleans deeply enough to help with that problem. I now rarely break out and my pores are never clogged. I bought this about a year ago, it is well priced compared to others like it. I love it. I use it about 4-5 times a week and I don't feel clean if I don't use it. However, mine broke. Just stopped working one day. I tried replacing batteries and nothing worked. I was pissed because I don't believe that I should have to buy another one after just a year. I wrote to the company to let them know, in hopes that they might have a suggestion on how to fix it. They sent me a coupon for a completely free one after only a few days. I'm so happy because now I can use my favorite product again and the company obviously cares about their consumers. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by anarey23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I just bought this yesterday after wanting one for a long time. I have been obsessing over the Clarisonic version but cannot justify $100+ to buy it. Anyways! I used this last night (I was previously using Aveenos textured cleansing pads.) and I noticed results immediately! My skin was much smoother, softer, felt cleaner and my pores were smaller! Which is a miracle. My pores are so big on the top of my cheeks. I gave it 4 lippies because I don't care for the cleanser it came with. It irritated my skin slightly and made my face feel a little dry and tight, but I finished up with Olay's moisturizing cream and my skin felt so supple and dewy. This morning my makeup went on smoother as well. I'm excited to see the results after a week of use. I will probably only use this at night before bed. Also, I saw some reviews on other websites complaining about the battery compartment being incredibly hard to remove...if you read the directions it says to gently rock back and forth while removing and it popped right off! Read the directions people!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by rainbeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had various issues with my skin (dry and flaky, too oily, acne, very sensitive, uneven/rough, etc.) always - different issues for different seasons.

I bought this after reading all of the rave reviews online, and was not disappointed. I've used it nightly for about 3 weeks, and my skin has never been softer and smoother. It has a glow to it that I never really had before, as hard as I tried! I'm not great at sticking to a regime if I don't see results quickly, but I was sold after only 1 use of this thing. I read that you're only meant to use Olay cleansers with it, but I have used it with my Lush and Burt's Bees products with equally awesome results.

Because of my sensitive skin, I use it on the slower setting as the faster setting feels slightly scratchy. After using the brush daily for ~3 weeks, it's still operating at full power, which is nice too.

I LOVE the Olay Pro-X brush and like most others, highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by yancepants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Left my face feeling super clean, extremely soft, & so smooth; definitely a top notch product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by mckayyancey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Left my face feeling so clean and extremely soft and smooth; definitely a stellar product!