LUSH coal face soap

3.9

Liquorice Root Decoction (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeordora), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Powdered Charcoal, Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Linalool, Perfume, Silver Edible Lustre (Potassium aluminum silicate, Titanium dioxide, Iron oxides and hydroxides)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Coal Face saved my life! I love love love this soap (along with Fresh Farmacy). I have battled acne my entire life and this seems to be the only stuff to help. It works so well that I can get away without wearing make-up, and I've never ever been able to do that.

on 4/28/2011 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This didn't work for me as well as I had hoped. I have combination skin, so it's really just my forehead, nose and chin that gets oily. This cleanser dried out my cheeks so I don't think it was the best option. I did notice that it helped absorb oil in those areas and left my skin with a tighter feeling as well. The soap smells like licorice and sandalwood which I didn't like so much. If you have very oily acne-prone skin, this would probably work well for you. I won't buy again since it is too drying for me.

on 4/27/2011 1:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Coalface is incredible; provided: 1- you lather it up in your hands and do not directly rub the bar on your face. 2- if you plan on keeping this in the bathroom, keep it in a tin. I cut mine up into thin tiny bars. I actually prefer to use this in the shower! The activated charcoal perhaps? 3. moisturizing isn't a bad idea even for the most sensitive skin. I usually use sunblock instead.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is an amazing exfoliator for girls with very oily skin. It's also amazing for fighting acne. It leaves your face and skin squeaky clean. The scent is kind of boring but not offensive. The main ingredient is black licorice extract and this ingredient is well known for brightening as well as exfoliating. I love this soap!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was given a sample of this when I told the sweet LUSH worker that I had only skin. A little goes a long way - she gave me a decent chunk of it and it barely melts in your hands.
It's back which is kind of a turn off, and I'm not too keen on the smell, but it's a decent facial cleanser. It has a rougher texture to it, like little grains against your skin, so you have to be careful. It leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean, though, and smooth.
I can't comment on how it reduces oil because I only use it about once a week.

on 3/29/2011 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a 48 year old that still has extremely oily skin this soap has fast become one of my favorite daily routine items for skincare! We don't have a LUSH store in my state and I stumbled across this cleanser in the store in Seattle and am loving it. I love that squeaky clean feel it leaves me with in the evening before i use my nighttime moisturizer, my skin is radiant and glowing and the few little areas of concern I had on my chin are gone! I don't find it too drying for my oily skin and it leaves me clean & radiant. Definite repurchase!! Just wish we had a store here in OKC!!

on 3/17/2011 5:39:00 AM

I've used it about a week and this become my fav facial cleanser. I have acne prone skin and oily/combo. This cleanser really controls my oil. Some ppl says it's drying..yep..the soap is only for oily skin if you have like dry or dry/combo skin this may not be the one. But for the ppl who suffer oil and break outs, this should be the one for you. It significantly reduced my break outs. I use two times a day. I feel nice, clean and soft everytime after i wash my face. I can see my skin looks more clearer and the skin texture changed. I used Grease Lightning after that. I just simply love this product..

on 2/14/2011 12:44:00 PM

I like the smell of it... I had to keep it in a soap container so it wouldn't melt or ruin the soap. For some reason whenever i use a face wash with "Coal" in it, It gets stuck in my pores and makes them noticeable. I liked it at first but now it's just a regular overpriced soap that makes my pores show.Will not repurchase...

on 2/2/2011 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used this product for a couple weeks, and ended up not using it again.
My reasons?:

It's very drying, and I just found that it didn't work for my skin anymore!

I have now been using Lush Fresh Farmacy, and It's soo much better!

I really, really love this cleanser. I love the smell, which I honestly did not know was licorice. I love the feel of my skin after I use it. It leaves my skin feeling smooth, and I usually have rather rough skin. After using this for only 3 days, I see a HUGE difference in the overall look of my skin. I like to take a facial cleansing brush (you can get one at Sephora for, like, 5 bucks), get it wet with warm water and swirl it around on top of the soap. Then I use the brush on my face, and it foams up really really well that way. If some of you are having an issue with the way the cleanser foams up, try it that way. That should make it way better.