November 28, 2014 | 1894 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by SM83

Really surprised to see some negative comments on here about this product - but hey, I guess there's no one product out there for everyone! From my perspective - very fine, dark blonde hair with a natural kink with dry ends - this has been an absolute life saver. I can now wash, shampoo, pop a pump of this through, and go. It makes my hair shine and smell amazing, it's in the best condition it's ever been in and it feel incredible. Even my boyfriend (who like all boys is essentially blind when it comes to this stuff) noticed and commented after a couple of weeks of me using it! Literally cannot live without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by kirakiraboshi82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm really really disappointed in this serum. I expected so much of it, but it seems like it doesn't do anything for my hair. I tried to use this in so many different ways. On wet hair, on dry hair, on styled hair, on prestyled hair. It just gives a really nice smell, but that's it. I was in love with the Oleo relax serum, which I had been using for 10 years. I guess I will go back to that one.

Overall it makes my hair feel dry. It takes care of some frizz, but I guess this is not the type of serum one would use on dry hair. I think this is for people with normal to oily hair.

And yeah, the bottle looks really nice together with my other products. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by canada126

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I had my hair done (cut, highlights, flat-ironed) and - as usual after leaving the salon- it looked great; more importantly, it felt great. It was smooth, shiny and silky. I later washed and styled my hair myself and it felt rough and dry. I went to the salon and spoke with my stylist. She told me this is what she has used, so I bought it. It's more expensive than the products I usually use and so I don't use it every time I flat iron my hair. It does leave my hair smooth and shiny, but not always so silky; that seem to be hit and miss. I typically use it in conjunction with Kerastase Oleo Relax shampoo and conditioner. It seems to tackle frizz well; I don't notice any after using this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by JJBO

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this product at first. It seemed to do a good job defrizzing my hair after washing and didnt weigh it down. Seeing on here that it contains silicone has really annoyed me as I have heard the same thing about silicone being rubbish from (good) hairdressers. I would also like to know why cosmetics (expensive and cheap) always put fragrance and benzyl alcohol in frigging EVERYTHING!! Plus I absolutely hate it when products' websites rave about key ingredients and neglect to give you a full list of what's in them.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 5:55:00 AM More reviews by MOWCAM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This, for, me, did exactly the same a Moroccanoil - seemed great the first couple of uses, then managed to tangle the ends of my long, fine hair and leave it a mess after a while. usen 175th of the bottel, the rest will prpbebly stay on the shelf untill my next throw-out-everything-that does-not-work-stint. Waste of good money.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Meisie100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have protein sensitive hair and this was good for that. As a pre shampoo treatment it was very nice. As a post shampoo/conditioner product the initial results were good but the next day my hair would feel very dry. Packaging nice and easy to use but there is such a wider selection on the Market now I feel this is over priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by cec233

I really wanted to give this product a higher rating, but I can't after I read the lists of ingredients on the package. I have been using BioSilk Silk Therapy for years and recently stopped using it because I read a comment about how silicone in hair products suffocate your hair. This is exactly what happened to me - hair gets drier and frizzier after years of usage, and I kept using more of it thinking my hair gets drier as I grew older. I switched to Kerastase Elixir Ultime because of 1) the rave review I saw here 2) I thought this product contained mainly 4 natural oils including argan oil. Oh well, the top 2 ingredients are still silicone (Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethiconol). I'm truly disappointed for paying such a high price for yet another silicone hair product. I have also been experimenting with pure organic argan oil as a hair serum and I'm seeing better results even though the argan oil costs less. I'll be using natural / organic hair products from now on and I will not be purchasing this kerastase oil again.

Edit: I'm changing the rating from a 2-star to a 5-star. Why the change? It's because now I realized not all silicone was created equal. The silicone used in this product is probably of much higher quality. I've been using it since the fall of 2011 and my hair looks great without any signs of "suffocation" or damage. Besides, my hair is quite curly and this serum keeps my hair straight when used with a blow dryer, something argan oil just can't accomplish. One bottle (125 ml) will probably last 1 year and 10 months for me (app. 3 pumps a week) so it's actually not that expensive because it would last a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by mandms08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't that impressed. Well, not $54 impressed.

What I loved: The smell! My hair felt like silk. I have very fine hair and it did not weigh my hair down at all.

What I disliked: While my hair "felt" great, it certainly didn't look any different after styling. I had to apply quite a bit to my dry hair to smooth it down.

If my hair had looked as fantastic as it felt, I would have said this product is liquid gold.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is hair product gold for me. Light, non-greasy, adds shine and silkiness to my long hair and last forever! One and a half pumps gives me a lovely, sleek, bouncy blow dry and a bottle lasts me about a year. My hairdresser says my hair has never been in better condition. I use this with fairly standard high street shampoos and it has transformed my look - I definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by fiby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a true miracle product. I'm in constant search for good leave-ins and de-frizzing products, and was first sceptical about this - how could the oils really be as good as everyone claims? But oh my, they are. I was so lucky I got this for free and thank goodness I did, since the price is insane. I've been using this as a leave-in conditioner; I need for my middle-back length hair two pumps. Then when my hair is dry, I add an additional 1/3 of a pump and it gives so much shine and softness! You could also use this before shampoo to prevent damage but I don't think the product will last very long so won't use it for that.

+ Great smell

+ Gives tons of shine

+ Gives great smoothness and defrizz

- Very expensive

- If you have long or unruly/dry hair, this probably won't last ages