July 29, 2014 | 848 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by RoxMcr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ive been using this for about two years now. It really is the most covering foundation which is easily available in shops. It has creamy, quite thixk texture but it easy to spread on your face and only little amout is needed. It gives quite dewy finish so i always dust a bit powder at the end. If prepped and powder properly can stay on quite a while. Problem is, any dry patches or flakes will be highlighted dramatically and if you have any wrinkles or lines it will settle in them too. Also it doesnt really merge with yoir skin so after after few hours it will melt and transfer on everything you touch with you face. And because of that it if you dont blot and powder it will rub off slightly.
Its great for night out cos it covers anything, all acne scars, blemishes, dark circles under your eyes and it doesnt have titanium dioxide which causes 'ghosting' on pictures.
To get the best results i blend it with some lighter foundation to get the cover without feeligs to heavy. Also to get the best shade match because colour range is quite limited. It also plays fantastic as a concealer or if darker shade than your usual foundation to contour your face.
To sum up, i would definitely buy this again cos it covers absolutely anything, last for ages and you can use in multiple ways: foundation over your whole face, blend with another foundation to create light yet covering effect, as a concealer or to contour. Also its good for all skin types ive got very oily skinf and i used on my friend who has dry skin with a bit of redness and it did a great job.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing corrective foundation! I only use this as a spot concealer as my skin is not really that bad, but I do have pigmentation issues from previous blemishes that most foundations won't completely cover. You seriously only need a super tiny amount. This spreads out and covers beautifully. The most amazing thing about this product though is that it offeres outstanding coverage without being ridiculously thick and heavy. I used to use the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer but it became way too thick and cakey under my matifying foundations. This is also my favorite under the eye concealer because it covers all of the color issues and stays put all day.
Definitely recommend and would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. this is hands down the most heavy duty foundation/concealer i have every used. MAXIMUM coverage, applies beautifully on the skin. i used to wear this as a foundation but my skin has gotten a lot better so i try and save it just for concealer now. gives flawless coverage. can become caky pretty easily if you apply more than one layer, great for clubbing/partying though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sevbu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect foundation for oily skin. It didn't break me out and stayed well after 8 hours (i even didn't set it with powder). It is heavy though. Also you need to apply it very fast. It will really cover all of your imperfections but you need to use a little drop of it. It'll be enough trust me. Otherwise your face will look so unnatural. I gave 4 stars because color range is so poor and awful. I had to buy dark one and it seems like a black mask on me. Now i have to buy another bottle (to mix them up) and this sucks!. So, obviously i'll buy it again yes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As other reviewers have noted, this product goes on and sets very matte. In fact, I love it as an economical jumbo-tube of matte concealer! However, this means it's not exactly going to give you "skin-like" texture, and that's really not what it was designed to do. It's designed to cover and mattify and that's what it delivers. If coverage and tenacity are not your main concerns, don't buy this.
The only product right now that's miraculously able to correct tone, hide texture, stay put on oily skin, AND still look satiny and undetectable up-close is called "Wishful Thinking".
---
What this product CAN do is:
1. go on opaque where you have something to hide
2. set very matte so it softens and diffuses the visible texture of things like scars and spots
3. resist being broken down as quickly as other foundations on oily skins
4. feel relatively lightweight on the skin
---
Main cons to this are the tiny range of shades and the fact that you need to work fast because of the speed that it sets.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by ahtnamas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is awful, thought I would ride out the break outs this foundation gave me but its just gotten worse! Definitely is not a non-acnegeneic product and I would not recommend for people with acne prone skin. Rip off is all I can say it has completely ruined my skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Gabriela99

At the moment I am suffering of big acne breakouts due to polycystic ovaries and as I had a wedding to attend I needed something that would really cover this up. I have tried most commercial high end brands: chanel dior, HR, and was currently using HR sculpting foundation wich I generally like but seemed to get my skin very oily after just an hour or so and didnt give me the coverage I was looking for. EL double wear max. really gives great coverage and refelects light in a way I have never experienced before and make you look great in pictures. HOWEVER, it makes you look very dry due to its super matte effect. Close up it just doesnt look natural and although it gave great coverage I only rated it 3 because it kind of looks like theather makeup. I would use it again though, If i had another emergency like the wedding where I wouldnt want a face full of red spots.
Little goes a veeery long way with this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

To those women who are giving this a bad review because they say it is too "cakey" or whatever, you do NOT understand the plight of a woman who has serious skin problems. For me, it could go on like wall spackle if it allows me to go out in the world and be confident and have a career and a social life. My skin is terrible, and this foundation has saved my life. However, while it covers extremely well it still looks natural and pretty (a dot the size of a pea does my whole face). It is the HOLY GRAIL of foundations for women who have a skin issue which is getting in the way of life. So, if your skin is just fine and you are giving this bad reviews because it is too much for you.....well, that's not fair.

36 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Aaliyaheyes

I really don't get this foundation it looks terrible and cakey and powdery anyway I apply it even if I mix moisterizer or primer in it. I bought it because I really need some full coverage for my acne scars that I got from acne overload while pregnant but it doesnt cover even the lightest redness of them wth? I even think that it makes me look even a bit older as it settles in the lines on the side of my mouth from smiling and I'm only 25 I have absolutely no wrinkles and was shocked when I looked in the mirror after applying and drying and saw these. This foundation also makes my skin itch quiet a bit I'm just so disappointed in it. It also is very limited in colors and the color that I got looks very ashy after it dries eventhough it looks my color upon application. The only thing that I liked about this foundation is its very smooth and easy to blend and doesn't feel heavy or sticky in any way, very light on the skin. I will definitely not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jen1103

Sadly, i had to send this back. I really wanted a maximum coverage foundation like this for my acne scars and general imperfections. First, the colors. SO WHITE... Or too dark. Makes me look like a ghost in photos. Brought out every pore, line, and dry spot on my face, yet made me shiny and look like I had a mask on. And I still needed concealer - it did not cover any better than my current favorite, Lancome teint idole ultra. Sigh...just not right for me. I have oily skin and breakout-prone.