December 18, 2014 | 844 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by RxA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best foundation for covering blemishes and scars [if you accidentally picked!!]. It didn't break me out. I had first tried Mac foundation which completely broke me out. Then I switched to Laura Mercier which looked too cakey and wiped off so fast! This foundation does not wipe off, at least not for 12 hours at least ! It does look cakey if you don't blend it in. Just a little bit is needed! This foundation gives me exactly what I've been looking for!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by 05goska09

I have been using this foundation for about two years. However i wouldnt dare to put it on my face without mixing it with another, lighter foundation as it makes my face look like im wearing a mask. It is cakey, the colour range is just horrible, none of the colours suit me therefore i use it in the lightest shade and mix it with a darker shade light foundation to balance it out. I dont agree with some reviewers saying it hasnt got coverage, because it does, i have bad acnee scarring and afer my foundation routine you cant tell that i do amd i dont use any concealer, so i do think it does have maximum coverage, but i highly recommend mixing a pea size amount of it with another foundation to not end up looking ill and caked on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by thisiswater

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to write to address some of the negative reviews, especially those that complain of a heavy/mask-like effect. I've found that applying *very little* of this immediately after applying EL Idealist provides just perfect coverage with no cakey look at all. It's a wonderful look. I'm stashing this for fear it might one day be discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by swornanimallover

I don't know how all the reviews are so good, May be there is something wrong with me.
I am so sorry to write this down,but I need to....I am so disappointed!
But I don't like this foundation. I have been using Clinique Continuous Coverage for about a year,but I saw so many good reviews on Estee lauder maximum Cover that I decided to give it a try..... Such a mistake and such a waste of money!
The coverage is not as good as the Clinique one's,neither is the staying power,not the finish.
It does NOT look like skin,like Clinique does. I also noticed that my T-zone get very oily with it in about a hour,which doesn't happen with Clinique.
I know my review sounds like I get paid by Clinique,but that's not the deal. I don't like Clinique products,except this foundation and the anti aging one (repairwear).
I just share my experiense . I will never buy this foundation again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this on my cheeks and jaw line to cover up old acne scars from cystic acne...this stuff really covers.

I do agree it's thick and can look like a mask if you're not careful, so I wanted to share a technique I figured out (not really a new idea)!: just mix your regular day moisturizer with a small amount of this foundation on your finger, blend together and then apply with your fingertips...it looks natural and provides flawless coverage! I love this look and for days I want all-over full coverage, I use this technique. This technique still covers my acne scars but looks more natural. It blends onto your skin like silk and doesn't settle or look like a mask.

I hope that helps those of you think this is too heavy or mask like!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ibeforee

Coverage is great but looks like you're wearing a mask. Not natural looking at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG this stuff covers like nobody's business! I really like this foundation. It covers absolutely everything without drying my skin or make me greasy and cakey. You have to use just a tiny bit (a pea size is more than enough) to cover all your face. It blends so easily! First I was scared because this product has a very thick consistency, but I have feeling like applying Armani Maestro Foundation on my skin (because of this dry-oily consistency which is liquid by Armani and thick by EL, but it blends similar). The finish is matte, but in my opinion this foundation is almost invisible on skin. It feels very very light on the skin and last all day long. It didn't break me out which is very important for me. I have very pale skin and shade 11 VERY LIGHT is very good match for me (it's just a little bit more pink than I would like, because I have a yellow undertones... but it's nothing terrible, the foundation adapts to the skin after a while). The formula is not perfumed, non-comedogenic and contains anti-inflammators.
I use it with EL Translucent Loose Powder in 01 LIGHT and for me this two products works very well.
The only thing that make me angry is that this foundation doesn't control my oil very well... I have to do touch-ups during the day, but anyway for my acne prone skin is things like good coverage and no-breakouts on the first place.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by londoncouture

One thing that I love about this foundation is that it does provide maximum coverage! I have tons of acne scars and this helped conceal & lighten the look of them (although they were not completely hidden, my skin looked almost perfect)

However, this tends to get me oily later on in the day (even with a setting powder) so I do need to blot once in awhile. In addition, it tends to settle onto the areas around my nose and mouth and it does start looking un-natural later on in the day. It also dries fast so you have to quickly apply and blend it, and if you have dry skin, make sure you moisturize and exfoliate to smooth it out or else it'll accentuate your dry skin. Also, if you add another layer onto your previous layer for more coverage, it starts looking cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by holtbet

So I've had this product for quite a while and originally bought it when I was obsessed with full coverage foundation - for reference; I have a very sensitive but very oily t-zone, particularly my nose which breaks down the normal DW, MAC studio sculpt and Chanel Perfection Lumiere within an hour (seriously; I could cope with the shine, but it literally breaks down and even when I blot, it just disappears and leaves bare, ugly patches) and very red cheeks that are also dry! I used this occasionally for covering particularly bad breakouts but had never used it over my entire face as it's very, very heavy and tends to dry quickly and "stick". Recently, my nose has become even oilier and as I'm getting married in 8 months, I've begun the quest to find a foundation that truly lasts all day and that will battle against my oily nose! I finished my make up today at 07.30 am (for reference; I applied an oil free moisturiser, no primer as I find them too greasy and unhelpful and then applied a thin layer of thing with a combination of real techniques expert face brush and my ring finger. I then used mac mineralise skin finish in medium light). Throughout the day I still had to blot and the usual things happened (some came away from my nose leaving it a touch patchy but not as bad as usual) and at 13.30 (on my lunch break) very lightly dusted my nose and chin. When I arrived home, I touched up very, very lightly (probably not recommended) with my finger by patting (and a small amount of very light patting with the RT buffing brush) using a touch of the foundation (and I mean a touch!!) and a small amount of Collection lasting perfection. I then applied a light dusting of mac prep and prime transparent finishing powder and now, at 22.06 as I write, my foundation is still in place and looks almost as good as fresh. It is a little shiny still on my t-zone, but there is no sign of cakeyness or any of my very large pores busting to get through. I've gone into so much detail because I struggled to find anyone else providing similar reviews with similar experiences as me and hope that someone with the same sort of skin finds this useful. Honestly; with a little patience and blotting, touching up and powdering along the way, I think this is definitely one to have a go at using. If I could attach a photo to this review to show you how intact the foundation is, I really would!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by rediscoverme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A few days ago, I went to the Estee Lauder counter to pick up some Double Wear foundation. As I was about to pay, my makeup obsession kicked in, and I started to see what other goodies I could grab while I was there. During this time, I got into a conversation with the sales person about the Maximum Cover foundation. I was hesitant to try it because of the mixed reviews I read here. I was also concerned that it would be overkill on my face, as aside from the occasional one or two pimples, my skin is not as bad as it used to be when I was a teen. That being said, I do have scarring and therefore I feel I need a full coverage foundation.

The sales person told me that she personally liked the maximum coverage foundation over the Double Wear because of how smooth it made her face look and feel. She also said that she had an issue with the Double Wear separating on her in the areas of her face where her biggest pores are and even though she loved the coverage it gave her, she had to switch either to the double wear light or the maximum coverage to try to avoid the separating.

As soon as she said that, I was pretty much sold on the maximum cover. The last time I used the Double Wear, I had the same issue with it separating, but the foundation is just so amazing that I thought it might have had to do with the combination of my primer (Benefit Porefessional) and the foundation together. She assured me that it was not just me or my skin type and that she has had several other customers come in with the same complaint.

She then started to demonstrate on the inside of my arm just how the maximum coverage worked, and OH MY GOODNESS. It felt so powdery smooth, and light weight. And I can't even begin to wrap my head around how that tiny bit of foundation covered up most of my arm. She kept rubbing the little drop in circular motions all over my arm, and the veins that you can usually see were practically disappearing before my very eyes. She had me try to move the foundation around and it would not budge. I mean, I used a napkin and everything, and it just won't rub off without some sort of remover.

I decided to get a sample of the Double Wear foundation I had gone in to purchase originally and purchase the Maximum Coverage. It was actually a few dollars less than the DW, which was an added bonus. She discouraged me from getting any concealer or powder as the maximum cover would be enough to do the trick.

To apply, she told me to just put a bit on a warm finger and start rubbing/buffing it out in circular motions. I would suggest starting with your cheek and applying the foundation to one area at a time as it tends to set fairly quickly. I can guarantee you that a little bit goes a long, LONG way, so be very careful and just use a little squeeze to start. Also, she was totally right about using your fingers to apply. I definitely didn't believe her on that one, but this stuff sets so beautifully and seamlessly on your skin that it using even a Beauty Blender (which I absolutely adore) is sort of pointless.

I have worn it for a few days now, and I couldn't be any happier with the product. My skin looks flawless, and there is no cakey look going on which I'm thrilled about. I have worn it for long periods as well as outside in the heat, and I still looked great at the end of the day without using any sort of setting powder or anything like that. And of course, it doesn't rub off. At all.

I would definitely recommend that you put on some bronzer or blush after applying this and walking out the door as it gives such a full coverage that you want that dimension added back on your face. I cannot attest to how the makeup works without a primer, as I never go without applying primer first, but I'm sure that if you use a moisturizer for it to stick on it would do well, as I have played with it on my arm a few times since without putting anything under it and it stays perfectly in place until I use soap and water to take it off.

I love the packaging because it doesn't take up much space in my makeup bag and there is no worry that it will break during travel. There is no wasting product to worry about with this packaging, either.

As you can tell from my lengthy review, I am just amazed by this foundation. The only negative I have to give it, is that there aren't that many colors to chose from yet, but it's a small negative as the color I found (03 Creamy Vanilla) works wonderfully for me.

If you are curious to try it, I would get it somewhere with a money back guarantee and purchase the Maximum Cover along with getting a sample of the Double Wear. This way if you end up not liking the results of the Maximum Wear, you can return it for your money back and still have some of the Double Wear to use until you can swap them out.

If I see any changes with this product, I will report them but so far, this is my absolute HG foundation/concealer product.