Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 3/13/2012 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm reviewing this a few days after buying, so I might change this in a month or so. I liked this product a lot! It gave my olive toned, oil-lacking skin. I can't really say anything about what it does for acne since I get a small blemish maybe once a month, but I had a huge honker on the bridge of my nose, and as soon as I put this on it, I felt the cooling sensation they advertised, and it actually soothed my slightly dry skin (I put it on without moisturizer). I went the entire day without any oxidation, and it stayed perfectly put on my skin, and even though it's not matte, people barely noticed the sparkles. Not only that, but even in a public bathroom mirror (which are never flattering), I glowed! I would definitely buy this product again, since it won't run out any time soon (for the price, it's a good amount of product. They don't rip you off). Even so, the price is quite steep for someone who's content with one dollar liquid foundation. This product is REALLY working for me, though, so I think I might just put a little more money in the makeup funds (I don't buy much else, just some foundation and setting powder, maybe a lipgloss). If you're willing to shell out a few extra dollars, this product is definitely worth it!

Edit: I don't use this foundation much anymore, it's actually quite cakey, I realized. It also oxidized itself in the container over time. It's hard to apply with a big bushy brush, which is the type I use for powders, and it tends to all stick to one place on your face. It's got the powder consistency with the liquid like application, but it does neither job. It's just.... disappointing. I gave it to my younger sister to experiment with, as she has acne (she likes the cooling effect) and enjoys the sparkles. Occasionally, I'll use it to highlight a feature or two, but it's useless to me now.

on 3/6/2012 9:51:00 PM

This product is great for:
- those who want to brighten dull skin
- contouring as a highlighter

Not good for:
- oily skins
- those who want a matte finish

I feel that Revlon would have done better if they had named this a highlighter or brightening powder, cos that's exactly what it does with the fine shimmers in the powder.
The powder is good quality - finely milled, with very fine shimmer, and feels light and cool on the skin.

However, I feel it just doesn't work like a regular foundation. I found that this was best applied as a highlight on the cheekbones AFTER you are done with foundation and finishing powder. Application on dry powdered skin is a must, otherwise the powder will just clump up on damp skin. As a highlighter, it gives THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GLOW to the face, thanks to the very fine shimmer particles.

Oh, and NEVER use the brush. Use your own blush/contour brush instead. And use only the bare minimum product for maximum results. Use too much and it cakes. Don't chuck the brush, though - it's great as a foundation brush for liquid/cream foundation, and a perfect size for travel :)

If it was marketed as a highlighter and with better instructions on application, I might have given it a 4 or maybe even a 5. This is still a good product if you are looking for a highlighter or skin brightener to give you that glowy dewy look.

Possibly the worst makeup product I've ever tried. I don't like the packaging considering you have to unscrew the lid and tap out the product which often gets everywhere. When you put the product on your face, sure it feels wet, that's cool. But it also smells like dog breath, ew. It caked up like crazy on my face and looked blotchy and overall just a disappointing product. It wasn't very cheap either.

on 2/21/2012 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

at first, i didn't like those shimmery particles that comes with this foundation. but eventually, i find them really nice on my face. it gives this certain glow but not overpowering. the price is quite expensive. packaging is horrible. all in all, i would still buy this product.

on 2/16/2012 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think Revlon named this product wrong. It should be named as a shimmer powder then everyone will be happy.
It feels really weird when applying. and I didn't expect the sparkles - I wanted a matte powder foundation. It has just too much sparkles as a powder foundation. The coverage is sheer to light, it evens out the skin and blends easily. But it's certainly not buildable for more coverage because of the shimmer. It is very lightweight and it lasts long (used as a setting powder). It gives a healthy glow to the skin and controls the unwanted excess oil at the same time.
The attached brush is surprisingly good quality, but I think it's not very suitable for this powder. Kabuki brush will do a good job when applying this all over the face. Packaging is not very good, the holes are too big and the product is watery so it's hard to control the amount. (I even blocked the half of the holes with scotch tape and it still comes out too much)
It's a nice (shimmer) powder, but I would not buy it again for I like to try new things and it's just too much sparkles for a powder foundation.

on 2/10/2012 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this looking for a mineral powder and thinking since i loved the photo ready liquid foundation i would love the mineral powder. I didnt love it. it's way too shimmery for me which is weird b/c of love wearing shimmer make up. and it started breaking out. so i didn't like won't buy ever again

on 1/26/2012 11:33:00 PM

I bought this off of a whim because I needed more foundation so this is what I decided to try. It does leave your face a little glittery and for me being a college student walking to class all of the time it would make me a little self conscious because of the shine in the sun but not enough of a turn off for me to hate it. The foundation covers beautifully! The cooling sensation on your face feels great as well. I found that it blends well with a fluffy brush instead of the brush that comes in the packaging. The only downside was that it made my face break out so that's why I wouldn't buy it again. :( But I would highly recommend this product because there is always someone out there who it may work perfectly for!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product is a great colour match for me, which is a hard thing to find in the drugstore for my pale skin. It has a cool/wet sensation when you apply it which is neat and evens out my skintone perfectly. The brush included is surprisingly useable and the packaging is sleek and efficient.
My problem with it is the shimmer, which is *extremely* unflattering! If I wear this in the sunlight I end up looking like a sparkly freakin vampire, so not my look. The shimmer also enhances the appearance of pores. When I first tried this the shimmer made me *hate* it but a few months later I decided to give it another try as a night foundation. At night time it does a much better job for me, gives me a soft focus 'glow' and I got many compliments on my skin.
The downside, after I started using it consistently at night, I noticed it was breaking me out. I rarely break out from foundations!
If you don't need very much coverage, aren't prone to break-outs and don't mind shimmer in foundation this could work for you, for everyone else though I recommend staying clear!

on 1/21/2012 12:55:00 AM

i would have to say this is the best loose powder i have ever tryed!!!! it gives my skin a beautiful glow !!!! and my face feels silky soft not cakey!! i love the cooling effect it gives your skin when you apply it's so refreshing!! the packaging on the other hand SUCKS!!!! i dont use the little brush it comes with on the top cute idea but a fail! and the fact that you have to unscrew the jar to open it and get a big powder brush in there ,powder gets EVERYWHERE you have to be carefull or you will waste a ton of product !!!!! should be in a bigger conatiner without the little useless brush on the top!! but the product is sooo amazing i will deal with it!!!

on 1/19/2012 5:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE 18th march 2013
it gave me breakouts :(
so i dont usually get pimples or breakouts nowadays but recently ive been into contouring again, so i use the dark colour for my contouring. unfortunately the next day, i find these bumps just under my cheeks, but not on anywhere else (that i didnt contour). so at first i just ignored it, but when i did another contouring, that happened again, which is sad because i love this powder to do contouring :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i DO NOT get the hate on this product. the glitteryness isnt THAT bad, yes it does shine like u just turned into the cullens, BUT, there is away to sorta get less glitter on ur face:
1. dont just take the pwder n brush it straight away, instead dab it to make a line of how ure going to brush it. this will avoid the glitteryness on one spot.
2. after it dab it with ur CLEAN fingertip in a sorta brushing way to any direction. for example, i use the dark color to shade on the bottom of the cheek, so i sorta dab it down following the lines when i do the fish mouth.
3. dont take so much of the powder, u only need just a little of it, because the color stays and it wont rub off for hours.

so yeah, i guess i do love this as a shading/bronzer since using blush/bronzer daily isnt healthy for ur skin, coz it stays for hours and hours, but ofcourse it means it is HARD to rub off if u put too much on then youll look like uve got a spot or ur face just got our of a tanning spa :P but thats more of my fault, nothing to do with the product. the "wet" feeling is really nice, makes me feel fresh. the glitter isnt soo much, unless u dont know how to not put the glitter too much, then again the glitter sorta wears off anyways. dont really like the package tho, so i keep the sticky plastic thing to just sit above the tiny holes, NOT expensive, very good price since u dont need to use much of this :)