April 16, 2014 | 1826 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Nourishing Mascara Base

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by mintyenn

I really, really love this base. My eyelashes are so straight that they point downwards so i have to curl the crap out of them to make them decent. This base holds the curl and makes my fine lashes look much thicker. I use Maybelline's One by One mascara on top and it's a great combination. I end up with thick, full lashes that are still separated. The trick is to not let it dry when you use it. Put mascara directly on top BEFORE it dries and you'll be fine. I will always have this base as a part of daily makeup routine, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by b3llav1ta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shiseido was the first mascara base brand that I had. I have strayed - and tried different brands afterwards, but always - ALWAYS return to this one. Apparently they revamp the formula and lots of people prefer the old one than the new one. But me -I don't mind either way, really. Both are very good - and the best mascara base there is. The older formula is thicker, and the new one is lighter - but that's about it. Staying power, awesomeness - remain unchanged. My favorite part of this mascara base is the fact that it is clear (looks milky white on the brush, but when you apply it goes on transparent). Definitely my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my holy grail lash primer!! This is a clear lash primer that helps me keep my lashes curled and looking good. I use this with the dior mascaras iconic and extase, and it makes me look like I wear fake lashes in the best way possible. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by starzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Bought this after finished the old formula. Must say that the old formula is WAYYYYY better than this one! I feel that the old one thickens a lot more than this, but still, the Nourishing Mascara Base does do what it claims to. It protects your eyelashes, it still holds the curl, but just doesn't thickens as much. Why did they discontinue the old formula!? Still be getting this one tho I guess, can't find any that's better. It's not bad, just not as good as the old formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by empressxia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really notice a difference between the old and new formula. The new ones still holds the curl very well. I will continue to use it. It this be a stable for Asian girls who wear mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by LoryLoca

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just get this. I used the original for many years, ran out a month ago, then discovered it was discontinued. I read the reviews and was hesitant to purchase it, but I'm very glad i did. My mascara smudges and my lashes look awful without this. I used to use 2000 calorie mascara with it and the combination was incredible...I'm happy to say that CV lash blash (orange tube) and this together makes my lashes thick, curled, long and free of smudges. It's worth the cost...I'm raving about it. Really.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by qtinmpls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why oh why did Shiseido discontinue the previous mascara base formula? That was a HG product for me and this new version does not even compare. The new one doesn't hold a curl for me and really I saw no benefits to using it. I thought the "nourishing" factor would at least help with lash fallout and provide conditioning, but I didn't notice a difference with that either. I still saw more lashes falling out when removing my eye makeup. What an overall disappointment. I hope Shiseido decides to bring back the other formulation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by 1angel1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The new one is fantastic. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by tam23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I still miss the old shiseido mascara base.There was nothing wrong with the old formula so I have no idea why they changed it.The new formula does hold a curl well but does not thicken like the old formula. I've tried other primers but they never held a curl.I have no choice but to stick with this one for now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by olyaspb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the new version as much as the old one (which is discontinued). The new base is thicker and if I may say so - stickier:) It also has a very strange smell comparing to the old one, but I think it's just my personal issue with this product:) It really helps to lengthen the lashes, it keeps them curved. The only bad thing about this product in my opinion is that it's more difficult to rinse off a mascara when mascara is applied on this primer. I use Chanel Exceptionnel and YSL Singulier. When I apply them on Lancome lash primer, it's much easier to take them off at the end of the day. But maybe it's another side of good quality:) Overall, a good product, will definitely buy again.