E.L.F. Studio Stipple

Price: $

on 7/25/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a nice brush but it isn't as good as some other brushes by e.l.f. . I tried applying my liquid foundation with it and it looked horrible, I guess the brush isn't dense enough for that. I have some very pigmented blushes and this brush is perfect for applying them because it doesn't pack on so much product. Unfortunately it's a bit too big for my cheeks and I noticed that after a few weeks my beloved Rose Gold blush by Sleek got a really weird surface with lots of little indentations so I stopped using these two together. I guess I could use it for highlighter but it seems too big for that too. It's quite frustrating because it is really well made, it's soft and it doesn't shed but I just can't find a use for it.

on 7/17/2011 1:44:00 PM

This brush it so prickly and flimsy at the same time! The bristles are so bare that even if I do stipple with this brush, I'd have to switch to another brush to blend in foundation.

on 7/16/2011 11:34:00 PM

I use this with my MAC mineralize skin finish natural and it works great! I haven't found it to shed and I've been using it for at least the past 3 months. Also, I find that the softness of the brush helps in keeping in check the amount of powder I use, which is rad.

on 7/16/2011 1:17:00 AM

I bought this just to try it out and I actually love it! I use it to apply my blush and then use a blush brush to blend it in. Its so soft and the handle is sturdy. I've already purchased a second one to use for my foundation or just as a backup. Not sure how this works at applying foundation but for $3 or sometimes less, it's totally worth a shot.

on 7/13/2011 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This brush grew on me. Yes, it's on the flimsy side but somehow it works -probably because I am quite heavy handed in applying my foundation. The flimsiness of this brush keeps me from putting on too much. I like the finish it creates. I recommend this brush to anyone who has a tendency overload on foundation, blush or bronzer like me.

on 7/9/2011 9:38:00 PM

I absolutely love this brush. I think that you just have to find the right purpose for it. I use it to apply my dream matte mousse blush and it works like a dream and the application is flawless. I have tried it with my liquid foundation also, and although it isnít very dense, I was still fairly pleased with the application of that as well. I think itís all about making this brush work for you and I will most definitely repurchase.

on 7/1/2011 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The bristles on this brush are a bit softer than other stippling brushes that I have. However, it performs nearly the same. It does all that I need for it to do. I have no problems using it to stipple on and blend out finishing powder, blush, highlighter, etc. onto my face.

It does shed a bit. However, such is common to alot of stippling brushes that I own and use. So, that's no biggie for me. Overall, I really do like this brush. And, I highly recommend that others try it as well.

on 6/29/2011 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very nice quality for such an affordable price ! I am surprise of how good this stipple brush is. I prefer this over MAC 187 stippling brush. This delivers a very natural lightweight, airbrush finish. so easy to use, quite soft bristtles but picks up product very well. I enjoy putting on foundation and stick cream bronzer using this brush. the result of my foundation is like airbrushed. I would definitely buy this again(with the kind help of my US great friend who cp'd this for me)

on 6/29/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very nice quality for such an affordable price ! I am surprise of how good this stipple brush is. I prefer this over MAC 187 stippling brush. This delivers a very natural lightweight, airbrush finish. so easy to use, quite soft bristtles but picks up colors very well. I enjoy putting on foundation and stick bronzer using this brush. the result of my foundation is like airbrushed. I would definitely buy this again(with the kind help of my US great friend who cp'd this for me)

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Love this brush!
I have extremely oily and blemished skin but hate using heavy coverage foundation, i would rather use liquid medium coverage that i can build up to the desired effect. My YSL Perfect Touch Radiance actually comes with a brush so first of all I sweep a light layer of foundation using the brush included, followed by a layer stippled on with this e.l.f brush. The results are beautiful, and if i feel like i need a bit more coverage i can simply build one more light layer of foundation with the stipple brush without looking cakey; it gives a great airbrushed finish when you first stipple the product then lightly swirl it in, an effect I really cant generate with the YSL brush.
I have to say i haven't had the pleasure of using a 187 although i will do one of these days, this e.l.f one is pretty HG for me at the moment (i was previously using e.l.f studio powder brush for my liquid foundation which i grew to hate. IMO just a bog standard brush)
I recommend this brush especially if like me, you cant decide between the mac 187 or this one. For the amazing price i really dont think im missing out on much and can always get the mac when i feel like spending extortionate amounts on a few hairs. lol. Seriously i love make up but it can be so annoying when spending £30+ on foundation i have to then buy a brush to apply it with for near enough the same price??