October 26, 2014 | 1212 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

The bristles on this brush are a bit softer than other stippling brushes that I have. However, it performs nearly the same. It does all that I need for it to do. I have no problems using it to stipple on and blend out finishing powder, blush, highlighter, etc. onto my face.

It does shed a bit. However, such is common to alot of stippling brushes that I own and use. So, that's no biggie for me. Overall, I really do like this brush. And, I highly recommend that others try it as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice quality for such an affordable price ! I am surprise of how good this stipple brush is. I prefer this over MAC 187 stippling brush. This delivers a very natural lightweight, airbrush finish. so easy to use, quite soft bristtles but picks up product very well. I enjoy putting on foundation and stick cream bronzer using this brush. the result of my foundation is like airbrushed. I would definitely buy this again(with the kind help of my US great friend who cp'd this for me)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Very nice quality for such an affordable price ! I am surprise of how good this stipple brush is. I prefer this over MAC 187 stippling brush. This delivers a very natural lightweight, airbrush finish. so easy to use, quite soft bristtles but picks up colors very well. I enjoy putting on foundation and stick bronzer using this brush. the result of my foundation is like airbrushed. I would definitely buy this again(with the kind help of my US great friend who cp'd this for me)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AspiringItGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush!
I have extremely oily and blemished skin but hate using heavy coverage foundation, i would rather use liquid medium coverage that i can build up to the desired effect. My YSL Perfect Touch Radiance actually comes with a brush so first of all I sweep a light layer of foundation using the brush included, followed by a layer stippled on with this e.l.f brush. The results are beautiful, and if i feel like i need a bit more coverage i can simply build one more light layer of foundation with the stipple brush without looking cakey; it gives a great airbrushed finish when you first stipple the product then lightly swirl it in, an effect I really cant generate with the YSL brush.
I have to say i haven't had the pleasure of using a 187 although i will do one of these days, this e.l.f one is pretty HG for me at the moment (i was previously using e.l.f studio powder brush for my liquid foundation which i grew to hate. IMO just a bog standard brush)
I recommend this brush especially if like me, you cant decide between the mac 187 or this one. For the amazing price i really dont think im missing out on much and can always get the mac when i feel like spending extortionate amounts on a few hairs. lol. Seriously i love make up but it can be so annoying when spending 30+ on foundation i have to then buy a brush to apply it with for near enough the same price??

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by redeemed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very disapointed! They have great packaging but the quality doesn't match.It evens delivers quickly.I bought this brush to use with my Creme Blush but the bristles are way tooo soft to pick up the product or blend it in well! :( I haven't tried it with a powder or foundation so i hope i can't give a verdict on that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by queijada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so the MAC 187 it ain't...it's slightly less stiff and less dense than the 187. Because it is less stiff than the 187, you'll have to use a lighter hand to avoid getting large "stipples" on your face when applying foundation. However, it's still a great brush, especially for blush & bronzer. Everyone needs one like this! Totally worth the $3. See my photo comparison of Sonia Kashuk's smaller version, the ELF brush & MAC 187.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Ravywedding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the MAC brush first, and yes, it's fuller and softer than the E.l.f. Version....but it's also 700% more expensive. I intended to use it for MUAF liquid foundation with a stippling effect to get an airbrush look, and wowza, did it work. It was sheer at first, so I soaked a makeup sponge in water, squeezed the excess moisture and put liquid foundation on, then used the stippling brush to blend. It created a soft, natural look that still let my natural skin show while covering scars and acne. So, if you know what you are doing, this is a great tool.
UPDATE: Boo! After approx. 3 washes, the glue dissolved that held the brushes in place and the whole thing fell apart. I tried supergluing it back, but individual bristles kept falling out. I tossed it out and got the Sonia Kashuk brush for $13, which is still going strong.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ShallenElizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first (good) stippling brush. The one I had prior to this would bleed blue/black ink upon every wash - this one never had this problem which was great for me. It hasn't ever shed, leaked ink or anything like it; it is a pretty good brush. The one downside; however, it that it isn't as dense as I'd like it to be. The bristles are quite long and bendy, but that isn't too much of a problem. The only reason why I chose not to repurchase is because I came across Coastal Scents Bionic Buffer Brush, which has a density which I adore.
But overall, this is quite a good brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirl1995

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I waited almost 2 months for this brush to come back in stock on Elfs website and the wait was definitely worth it! If your looking into purchasing this brush I recommend you do quickly before it goes out of stock and you need to wait an unreasonable amount of time like I did.

Anyways onto the brush! Ive only ever used this for applying liquid foundation and cream blush but for both it seems to work very well! You could use it in a stippling motion for a heavy coverage with foundation but I prefer to swirl it as it gives a much more light application while still giving you an airbrush finish. With blush as long as you use a light hand and little product its gives lovely, natural glow to the cheek. I really recommend this brush and I myself am planning on buying another two. One for blush, one for foundation and another as a backup! This is excellent quality for the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by fevers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Much smaller than other stippling brushes. Usually I use a stippling brush for highly pigmented blushes because they are large and sparse which means they give a vague wash of colour - however the smallness of the head on this brush means I can't just dab it on my face, I have to "colour in" my face! Completely defeats the object of the thing.

Spend your money on another brand, this was a waste of 3.50.