MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a bright, blue-based lighter pink (Lustre formula). This looks lovely with my pale skin and a blush like Dollymix. Applies well and I've been using it with Subculture l/l. It's a bit more "bluer" than the Gaga lipstick but still in the same family. I have only worn this once but so far, I love it. Another great lipstick from MAC!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A cute light pink with blue undertone colour. The colour looks really pretty, but unfortunately it doesn't go well with my medium/warm complexion so I've got to be carefull with the rest of my makeup. It is ok if I use a minimal amount just to add a hint of colour, but it is quite sheer anyway. In my opinion I think it'll look really good on fair skin people or people with pale lips.
I don't know if I'd buy this again, I'm still trying to work out how to work this colour lol.. however I love the smell!!! Application is nice and smooth

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I brought this the day I went to buy Viva Gaga but it was sold out. I was so sad but then this color just show up to me and yelling *take me home with you*. This is love at first sight. It looks so pretty in the tube and on me. I really like the finish of this, sheer, glossy and doesn't feel drying. Even though I love it, I took off 1 lippie because it does run out fast. Overall I would buy it again because I can't escape from it, every time I go to MAC looking for a new lipstick, this color always the first one pop into my eyes.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I am pleased to review this as this lipstick was my first back 2 mac exchange. After getting the Viva Glam Gaga lipstick, I read an article saying that Lady Gaga actually requested her lipstick to be like Pink Nouveau (the lipstick she wore before she got famous). So I went in to MAC hyped to make the exchange, except when I tried it on it was not as I expected. So instead the MAC MUA handed me Lovelorn to try on. I would say it is a much sheerer version of Pink Nouveau (Bright blue pink) and glossy much like all the other Lustre formulas. It is a slightly darker version of the Viva Glam Gaga and I'm completely in love with it at the moment.

I definitely recommend this lipstick to anyone who is looking for a slightly brighter lipstick, but isn't willing to go ALL out. I will most likely buy this product again. I took one lippie off solely for the price. I think I will always feel this way about lipsticks, but it's only colored wax (with different variations depending) and it's the item that is used up the fastest IMO. I think lipsticks in general should be cheaper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

MAC calls this an emotive blue pink. This is a lovely light to medium sheer pink lipstick with some blue undertones. Absolutely no mauve, brown, coral or purplish undertones and also no glitter. It's not so light till it washes me out yet still gives a pinkish tint to my lips. A muted more natural looking version of MAC's Speed Dial and a slightly deeper in tone version of MAC's Creme Cup. Gorgeous pink and very pretty for spring and summer! The lustre formula is a little dry but I apply some lip gloss over it for a little more moisture. I'd buy this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

one of my most favorite pink !!! it's got more pink to it than Lady Gaga Viva Glam, it's so pretty !!!

This is beautiful. My favourite!

I only have had 2 MAC lipsticks, Back 2 Mac'd 1...to get this lippie! Anything other than Satins, Amplified Cremes etc. seem to get a bad rap from Mac.

Anyway, this is gorgeous! One swipe gives a bright, but natural somehow, pink colour. If you layer it up it gives what I would call a candy berry colour. Its moisturising, slightly glossy and lasts longer than expected. Love it!!!

very pretty pink colour! sadly, i'm not a fan of lustre. i bought this just because i loved the colour so much.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after Viva Glam Gaga to experience more pinks, and in terms of blue-pinks I like this one more.

I like that it brightens my lips noticeably but isn't overwhelming, it falls close to a natural flushed pink when I apply it. Though like other lustre's its buildable, so full out pink can be achieved.
Also, it has no shimmer which I can really appreciate, it seems like non-shimmery lipsticks are harder to come by these days.

I'm still lost as to how its an "emotive" blue pink, though.

This lipstick is great for daytime when you're really not in the mood to slap on a complete face but don't want to be completely 'blah' looking. Doesn't last a very long time though, but reapplication is not a big deal for me.

Recommended for Medium Skin