August 29, 2014 | 1177 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

This lipstick is great for daytime when you're really not in the mood to slap on a complete face but don't want to be completely 'blah' looking. Doesn't last a very long time though, but reapplication is not a big deal for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This pink is a little cool toned for my warm complexion, but I don't care! I tone it down with Dervish l/l, and a little Ana Sui l/g ( I forget the # of the color, but it is a warm pretty, shimmery pink). Awesome color for summer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went in with the intention of buying Pink Nouveau but since I am not tanned at all right now the MA said that Lovelorn may be a better option for me and she was right. For reference I am a NC37 skintone.

On me this is the perfect bubblegum/barbie pink shade without looking garish or chalky. The finish is lovely, very moisturizing and I love the fact that I can just swipe this on my lips and run out the door. Lasting power is not the greatest but since I love the shade I can overlook this. I pair this with Pink Swoon blush on the cheeks and it is the perfect everyday look for spring. Very fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Missl3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such a beautiful color! It can be loud when worn alone, or toned down with lipgloss. Its versatile, I wear it to school just about everyday. The formula is very smooth and creamy, and it lasts for a pretty long time. Its my perfect pink lipstick :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Welshcake

Hmm, this never really did it for me. It looks better than when it came- I swiped it, and just found it too, um, bluey??? It had this kind of blue undertone which I know would not look good against my skin. It was one of those ones I wanted to love- but just did not suit my colouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by heartsxdesire

I was initially looking for a natural looking baby pink lipstick that I could wear on a daily basis, so I decided on trying out Lovelorn, Costa chic and Syrup.

I decided on purchasing Lovelorn because the color was a very gorgeous pink. It looked very natural against my NW20 skin and with a right amount of lustre. The formula of this lipstick is absolutely amazing. It kept my lips really moist and had a really nice shine without overdoing it.

How I would describe this pink would be a baby pink but with some very subtle red undertones. The color is very buildable too. Two coats of this baby is enough to cover your natural pigmented lip color.

I use to be just a lipgloss girl, but after purchasing two MAC lipsticks, I am a lipstick convert!

Definately give it a try!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by iiiiiiiiii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although Viva Glam was not a lipstick I was overwhelmed by, I decided to try Lovelorn as was looking for a fresh pale pink as a change from neutrals. I have to say that Lovelorn, especially when teamed with lipgloss, is a lovely, soft, baby pink. It makes my whole face brighter and brings out my eyes (which are green). It's a lovely lipstick and not drying at all but am not sure if I would repurchase as it is quite expensive and I had one very similar a couple of years ago from Borjois.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lipstick. On me (NC15, dark brown hair,brown eyes) it looks AMAZING! This is THE perfect pink for everyday wear. It goes on really creamy and is less drying than some of my other MAC lipsticks. I can't really explain why it's so perfect, but on my face it just brightens my whole face and looks perfect. Some pinks wash me out, but this is great. My friend was actually wearing this and I always thought her lips looked amazing, so I asked her and she said she was wearing MAC Lovelorn, so I bought it. So glad I did!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Cbc1025

Bought this lipstick because of the reviews here. It's a very wearable day shade. Staying power is not too good. This is my least favorite in all my MAC lipsticks. What I don't like about it, is that it broke at the base and seems to be melting. Maybe because I've been putting on much so that I would get much color and won't fade. I have this for 3 months now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Murisa

I love this lipstick. I'm NC20 with chocolate brown hair and this pink is the only one that doesn't look cheap or tacky on me; the opposite it really brightens up my face. The texture is lovely. I would say that you can even build it to an amplified finish if you like. Love it!