MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 5/17/2010 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

MAC calls this an emotive blue pink. This is a lovely light to medium sheer pink lipstick with some blue undertones. Absolutely no mauve, brown, coral or purplish undertones and also no glitter. It's not so light till it washes me out yet still gives a pinkish tint to my lips. A muted more natural looking version of MAC's Speed Dial and a slightly deeper in tone version of MAC's Creme Cup. Gorgeous pink and very pretty for spring and summer! The lustre formula is a little dry but I apply some lip gloss over it for a little more moisture. I'd buy this again.

on 5/15/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

one of my most favorite pink !!! it's got more pink to it than Lady Gaga Viva Glam, it's so pretty !!!

on 5/15/2010 7:44:00 PM

This is beautiful. My favourite!

I only have had 2 MAC lipsticks, Back 2 Mac'd 1...to get this lippie! Anything other than Satins, Amplified Cremes etc. seem to get a bad rap from Mac.

Anyway, this is gorgeous! One swipe gives a bright, but natural somehow, pink colour. If you layer it up it gives what I would call a candy berry colour. Its moisturising, slightly glossy and lasts longer than expected. Love it!!!

on 4/27/2010 2:26:00 PM

very pretty pink colour! sadly, i'm not a fan of lustre. i bought this just because i loved the colour so much.

on 4/26/2010 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after Viva Glam Gaga to experience more pinks, and in terms of blue-pinks I like this one more.

I like that it brightens my lips noticeably but isn't overwhelming, it falls close to a natural flushed pink when I apply it. Though like other lustre's its buildable, so full out pink can be achieved.
Also, it has no shimmer which I can really appreciate, it seems like non-shimmery lipsticks are harder to come by these days.

I'm still lost as to how its an "emotive" blue pink, though.

on 4/18/2010 3:08:00 AM

This lipstick is great for daytime when you're really not in the mood to slap on a complete face but don't want to be completely 'blah' looking. Doesn't last a very long time though, but reapplication is not a big deal for me.

on 4/5/2010 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This pink is a little cool toned for my warm complexion, but I don't care! I tone it down with Dervish l/l, and a little Ana Sui l/g ( I forget the # of the color, but it is a warm pretty, shimmery pink). Awesome color for summer!

on 3/30/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I went in with the intention of buying Pink Nouveau but since I am not tanned at all right now the MA said that Lovelorn may be a better option for me and she was right. For reference I am a NC37 skintone.

On me this is the perfect bubblegum/barbie pink shade without looking garish or chalky. The finish is lovely, very moisturizing and I love the fact that I can just swipe this on my lips and run out the door. Lasting power is not the greatest but since I love the shade I can overlook this. I pair this with Pink Swoon blush on the cheeks and it is the perfect everyday look for spring. Very fresh.

on 3/7/2010 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is such a beautiful color! It can be loud when worn alone, or toned down with lipgloss. Its versatile, I wear it to school just about everyday. The formula is very smooth and creamy, and it lasts for a pretty long time. Its my perfect pink lipstick :)

on 3/4/2010 5:16:00 AM

Hmm, this never really did it for me. It looks better than when it came- I swiped it, and just found it too, um, bluey??? It had this kind of blue undertone which I know would not look good against my skin. It was one of those ones I wanted to love- but just did not suit my colouring.

Popular Lipsticks