MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 5/19/2010 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I brought this the day I went to buy Viva Gaga but it was sold out. I was so sad but then this color just show up to me and yelling *take me home with you*. This is love at first sight. It looks so pretty in the tube and on me. I really like the finish of this, sheer, glossy and doesn't feel drying. Even though I love it, I took off 1 lippie because it does run out fast. Overall I would buy it again because I can't escape from it, every time I go to MAC looking for a new lipstick, this color always the first one pop into my eyes.

on 5/19/2010 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I am pleased to review this as this lipstick was my first back 2 mac exchange. After getting the Viva Glam Gaga lipstick, I read an article saying that Lady Gaga actually requested her lipstick to be like Pink Nouveau (the lipstick she wore before she got famous). So I went in to MAC hyped to make the exchange, except when I tried it on it was not as I expected. So instead the MAC MUA handed me Lovelorn to try on. I would say it is a much sheerer version of Pink Nouveau (Bright blue pink) and glossy much like all the other Lustre formulas. It is a slightly darker version of the Viva Glam Gaga and I'm completely in love with it at the moment.

I definitely recommend this lipstick to anyone who is looking for a slightly brighter lipstick, but isn't willing to go ALL out. I will most likely buy this product again. I took one lippie off solely for the price. I think I will always feel this way about lipsticks, but it's only colored wax (with different variations depending) and it's the item that is used up the fastest IMO. I think lipsticks in general should be cheaper.

on 5/17/2010 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

MAC calls this an emotive blue pink. This is a lovely light to medium sheer pink lipstick with some blue undertones. Absolutely no mauve, brown, coral or purplish undertones and also no glitter. It's not so light till it washes me out yet still gives a pinkish tint to my lips. A muted more natural looking version of MAC's Speed Dial and a slightly deeper in tone version of MAC's Creme Cup. Gorgeous pink and very pretty for spring and summer! The lustre formula is a little dry but I apply some lip gloss over it for a little more moisture. I'd buy this again.

on 5/15/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

one of my most favorite pink !!! it's got more pink to it than Lady Gaga Viva Glam, it's so pretty !!!

on 5/15/2010 7:44:00 PM

This is beautiful. My favourite!

I only have had 2 MAC lipsticks, Back 2 Mac'd 1...to get this lippie! Anything other than Satins, Amplified Cremes etc. seem to get a bad rap from Mac.

Anyway, this is gorgeous! One swipe gives a bright, but natural somehow, pink colour. If you layer it up it gives what I would call a candy berry colour. Its moisturising, slightly glossy and lasts longer than expected. Love it!!!

on 4/27/2010 2:26:00 PM

very pretty pink colour! sadly, i'm not a fan of lustre. i bought this just because i loved the colour so much.

on 4/26/2010 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after Viva Glam Gaga to experience more pinks, and in terms of blue-pinks I like this one more.

I like that it brightens my lips noticeably but isn't overwhelming, it falls close to a natural flushed pink when I apply it. Though like other lustre's its buildable, so full out pink can be achieved.
Also, it has no shimmer which I can really appreciate, it seems like non-shimmery lipsticks are harder to come by these days.

I'm still lost as to how its an "emotive" blue pink, though.

on 4/18/2010 3:08:00 AM

This lipstick is great for daytime when you're really not in the mood to slap on a complete face but don't want to be completely 'blah' looking. Doesn't last a very long time though, but reapplication is not a big deal for me.

on 4/5/2010 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This pink is a little cool toned for my warm complexion, but I don't care! I tone it down with Dervish l/l, and a little Ana Sui l/g ( I forget the # of the color, but it is a warm pretty, shimmery pink). Awesome color for summer!

on 3/30/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I went in with the intention of buying Pink Nouveau but since I am not tanned at all right now the MA said that Lovelorn may be a better option for me and she was right. For reference I am a NC37 skintone.

On me this is the perfect bubblegum/barbie pink shade without looking garish or chalky. The finish is lovely, very moisturizing and I love the fact that I can just swipe this on my lips and run out the door. Lasting power is not the greatest but since I love the shade I can overlook this. I pair this with Pink Swoon blush on the cheeks and it is the perfect everyday look for spring. Very fresh.

Recommended for Medium Skin