MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 5/15/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

one of my most favorite pink !!! it's got more pink to it than Lady Gaga Viva Glam, it's so pretty !!!

on 5/15/2010 7:44:00 PM

This is beautiful. My favourite!

I only have had 2 MAC lipsticks, Back 2 Mac'd 1...to get this lippie! Anything other than Satins, Amplified Cremes etc. seem to get a bad rap from Mac.

Anyway, this is gorgeous! One swipe gives a bright, but natural somehow, pink colour. If you layer it up it gives what I would call a candy berry colour. Its moisturising, slightly glossy and lasts longer than expected. Love it!!!

on 4/27/2010 2:26:00 PM

very pretty pink colour! sadly, i'm not a fan of lustre. i bought this just because i loved the colour so much.

on 4/26/2010 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after Viva Glam Gaga to experience more pinks, and in terms of blue-pinks I like this one more.

I like that it brightens my lips noticeably but isn't overwhelming, it falls close to a natural flushed pink when I apply it. Though like other lustre's its buildable, so full out pink can be achieved.
Also, it has no shimmer which I can really appreciate, it seems like non-shimmery lipsticks are harder to come by these days.

I'm still lost as to how its an "emotive" blue pink, though.

on 4/18/2010 3:08:00 AM

This lipstick is great for daytime when you're really not in the mood to slap on a complete face but don't want to be completely 'blah' looking. Doesn't last a very long time though, but reapplication is not a big deal for me.

on 4/5/2010 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This pink is a little cool toned for my warm complexion, but I don't care! I tone it down with Dervish l/l, and a little Ana Sui l/g ( I forget the # of the color, but it is a warm pretty, shimmery pink). Awesome color for summer!

on 3/30/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I went in with the intention of buying Pink Nouveau but since I am not tanned at all right now the MA said that Lovelorn may be a better option for me and she was right. For reference I am a NC37 skintone.

On me this is the perfect bubblegum/barbie pink shade without looking garish or chalky. The finish is lovely, very moisturizing and I love the fact that I can just swipe this on my lips and run out the door. Lasting power is not the greatest but since I love the shade I can overlook this. I pair this with Pink Swoon blush on the cheeks and it is the perfect everyday look for spring. Very fresh.

on 3/7/2010 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is such a beautiful color! It can be loud when worn alone, or toned down with lipgloss. Its versatile, I wear it to school just about everyday. The formula is very smooth and creamy, and it lasts for a pretty long time. Its my perfect pink lipstick :)

on 3/4/2010 5:16:00 AM

Hmm, this never really did it for me. It looks better than when it came- I swiped it, and just found it too, um, bluey??? It had this kind of blue undertone which I know would not look good against my skin. It was one of those ones I wanted to love- but just did not suit my colouring.

I was initially looking for a natural looking baby pink lipstick that I could wear on a daily basis, so I decided on trying out Lovelorn, Costa chic and Syrup.

I decided on purchasing Lovelorn because the color was a very gorgeous pink. It looked very natural against my NW20 skin and with a right amount of lustre. The formula of this lipstick is absolutely amazing. It kept my lips really moist and had a really nice shine without overdoing it.

How I would describe this pink would be a baby pink but with some very subtle red undertones. The color is very buildable too. Two coats of this baby is enough to cover your natural pigmented lip color.

I use to be just a lipgloss girl, but after purchasing two MAC lipsticks, I am a lipstick convert!

Definately give it a try!!

Popular Lipsticks