NARS Sex Appeal

4.2

After reading reviews about this product, and even seeing it in person, I passed on this several times, until it was sold out and all my local Sephoras, of course. I figured it would be difficult to get it to show up on my skin, even though I am fair (I wear MAC C2 studio fix powder, although I'm pretty sure whoever colour matched me like 10 years ago was nuts since I'm fair and cool and not olive in complexion, and I can wear MUFE HD foundation in 117 & 120. My usual blush is NARS Orgasm). So I went into a newish beauty store recently and saw they sold NARS. I was clearly in the mood to spend $$ and asked about Sex Appeal, even though it was no longer on display. There was one left, so I bought it without trying it on and LOOOOOVE it! I'm not porcelain, but I am fair and this shows up on me very well without layering it. It's matte, and it shows up pinky peach on me. In fact, if I layer it up too much, I look a bit like a clown! This was so far from what I expected based on the reviews! It's natural and pretty - this exactly what I need for when I want to wear more colour on my lips, and put less emphasis on my cheeks.

I'm in the minority, but I love NARS packaging. It's very slim and doesn't take up much room, and I've dropped my orgasm blush a billion times and it's never shattered - I think the rubber-ish exterior must absorb some impact. The rubbery stuff doesn't wear down and look "old", and since i'm very tidy with my make-up, I've never had issues with it "attracting all powder in sight"!

So happy with my impulse must-buy-it-because-it's-the-last-one purchase! I always thought there could never be any need for more than one blush, but there is room for 2 in my life :)

As an enthusiast of NARS Desire blush shade, I figured I wouldn't be too moved by other blush colors in his line because I love the vibrant candy pink matte pop of color Desire imparts on my cheeks. BUT I was taken with the subtle peachy matte prettyness of Sex Appeal that I had to take a second look at this product. Well, long story short, I purchased this color and it's beautiful. I tried it layered on top of Desire, and that worked; I also used it on its own and it worked beautifully as well. I'd recommend this to fair complected ladies like myself if you're into matte blushes with staying power. You can't go wrong with any blush from NARS, but this color is definitely wonderful for anyone who appreciates matte finishes and beautiful and clean color on their cheeks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So disappointed this didn't work for me! I'm usually the third or fourth lightest foundation shade in most lines, so I prayed that this would work for me. I absolutely love the color in the pan, and it's very finely milled. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to show up AT ALL. I literally packed this on with 4 layers, and finally saw something (I think) but it was just too much effort and a complete waste of product. At that rate, the blush would have lasted me 2 weeks. I debated the initial purchase as so many people said it didn't show up, but when I saw people with medium skintones having success, I had to try. I think whether or not this works for you is going to depend on your undertones. If you have absolutely no redness and don't have pink undertones (as I do) this may work for light-medium skintones. Otherwise, you're wasting your money. If you're fair, then it'll show up regardless of the undertone, although the degree to which it does will depend on redness and undertone. I have many Nars blushes (Deep Throat, Luster, Amour, Madly, Douceur, Albatross) and just adore the quality. I will definitely continue to purchase Nars, but this one is for the fair ladies. If anyone knows of a similar shade that would show up on light-medium skin, PM me! =)

LOve LoVe LOVE this blush!
I'm about NC 20/light skin/Eurasian.
This blush actually makes my skin look flawless and pretty.Somebody earlier said it doesn't emphasize the pores because it is very sheer, that's true.

Its looks colorless in the pan but when you apply it, it gives you a cute peachy, girly flush! I would say the color is sort of a milky peach/pink on my skin! love it! its not over the top- and it goes well with all sorts of looks/ situations (eg. work, day/night/smoky eye). Totally versatile..!!! In addition, I like the fact that it stays on all day, and I totally look 'clean' and 'fresh'.. would definitely repeat..

It could be better than Orgasm...to be honest!!
I have other colors such as Torrid, Orgasm, Angelika, Gina, Dolce Vita..etc! and Sex appeal is #1! try it!

PS: would recommend to lighter skin tones as the color is very light~!

Nice blush if you are very pale (NC15 max NC20). it goes on very light, can be intensified and does not look chalkey. In the pan looks reeeeaaallyy pale but when applied it has a healthy peachy/pink flush. it is like GA sheer blush in n 2, but butter quality (lasts about half day) and at a fraction of the price (and NARS is not cheap). It is completely mat (no disco diva effect). I pair it with Chihuahua lip gloss.
** EDIT: i discovered Nectar shimmer block by Bobbi Brown and it is much better than Nars in Sex Appeal.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got this blush because it was dubbed as the "softer" cousin of NARS Orgasm, which I find difficult to wear for some reason. But this shade is LOVELY! It gives me a natural flush on my cheeks and is hard to overdo. My only downfall is the price.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Sex appeal is my favorite Nars blush. It is a beautiful matte pink color that does not emphasize pores, which is a problem that I have had with most other Nars blushes. It looks great with a smoky eye or with a minimal makeup look. I have no problems getting it to show up, but a slightly heavier hand is needed to apply, which I was not used to after using the other Nars blushes.
I also have no problem with the Nars packaging. I clean the compacts using an alcohol based hand sanitizing wipe, and this works quite well.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Ladies dont be mislead that this is too sheer or pale to show up.
I am very cool/pale and during the winter this does show up very minimal, of course if you put pale on pale you wont get much result, but this baby is going to look amazing during the summer months when I have a tan, a beautiful soft ripe peach kind of a color, that will just look immaculate against my tanned skin, I can see this just glow on my cheeks, I cant wait till the summer to start wearing this gorgeus blush. I own only 2 other Nars blushes (Deep Throat and Torrid)
because I always buy Mac's blushes due to their great quality and excellent color selection. Sex Appeal is a perfect name for this very pretty blush, it looks good now but it will look even better while Im tanned. Quality is excellent as with all Nars blushes. Pick this up you wont be disappointed.

Got this a few days ago and have been wearing it everyday since. I loves it!!!! I was a bit worried about it showing up but considering I'm ghostly, I went for it. It does take more of a heavy hand but it's soooooo worth it. It's just an amazing peachy flushed color and it wears ALL DAY!

It is matte and in no way chalky. It's a great everyday blush and in no way over the top. I tried deep throat and orgasm over it and either gives it an extra punch when you're feeling you need a bit more.

For all you pale girlies out there, this is a must!

I was looking for a light colored blush without shimmer. I love this color and the matte finish is great because it does not make pores look huge like shimmery blushes do to me. I'm fair skinned with yellow undertones and this looks great on me. I do have to build the color up a little but I like that. I bought the orgasm color a couple of years ago and hated it. It was to much on my fair skin. This one is perfect. :)

Top Rated NARS Products