April 19, 2014 | 936 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this for over a year but did not use it too much. I think I purchased and it was fall and sort of put it away till summer. This summer I have been firmly in my "less is more makeup" for skin and started using it.

the bottle is small. it is priced for Chanel products. but, it gives me great skin with no telltale "foundation". and this is what I love and what I need now. I am way past the cover me with Studio Fix until I feel smothered. I have been through the EL Heavy coverage (hey, I still love this product and keep it on hand for evenings or public appearances because it is an excellent and perfect finish too). but for daytime I do not want heavy coverage but perfected skin.

I use this over YSL primer -- or Hourglass and have no problem with pilling or splotchiness. It is perfect. I mix a few drops of B12 with #2 and get just the right shade for me now. I think the B12 has the pink indicator which although I am light and yellow, this gives me the perfect pop for my skin now. I moisturize my skin, use eye cream and sunblock (never bought into the BB,CC, DD drama) and then apply with my fingers. It works beautifully.

Any powder I use is of excellent quality and only on my T zone -- and my cream blushes are working perfectly and naturally over this foundation.

would I purchase again.. I already have. Numerous times.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

its a good foundation but its too expensive so its not worth all that money. do not wear it with primer coz it becomes more cakey and doesn't blend well with your skin as chanel advises in their little tiny catalog. you can find similar foundations for example tinted moisturisers for cheaper

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Although I can justify expensive makeup, something about expensive foundation doesn't sit right with me. Sure, it could make my good skin look flawless, but what if it spoils? Plus, I have many other foundations to use up. However, I swapped for this because Shameless Fripperies convinced me to try it.

It looks very natural. My skin is very good, with some redness around the nose right now and a few flakes in the wintertime. I got B40 (thought it would be too dark since I'm back to NC30-35, but it's perfect).
Everything is evened out, it feels super lightweight, and can subtly blur hyperpigmentation/dark spots and holds a concealer well if you want extra coverage. For me, it looks like a medium coverage and feels like a tinted moisturizer. The redness around my nose needs a second layer, but that's a given. I have no problems with lasting power when used with primer/powder. Obviously, it would probably slide off if just worn alone. I love the bottle and how you have to shake it up, and how it can dispense any amount you want precisely.

I would suggest this for ladies with dry to normal skin with no major skin issues.

I put that I would repurchase, but I have so many other foundations to use. This is definitely the best "lightweight" foundation I've tried and I love it more than MAC's face and body.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A staple for me now. The older I get I realize I need coverage which looks light and fresh -- not cakey or heavy. I am on my 3rd bottle (summer color is a 2.0).. winter is the 1.2 or 1.0. I love the small bottle as it fits easily into my travel gear and it dispenses easily.

coverage can be built up slightly -- but it will never look cakey which is a look I do not want. I do like to use a bit of translucent powder in the T zone to mattify but this foundation is so good on my skin that it works with a matte look or with any of my hi-lighters for a dewier look during the day.

I will continue to repurchase and hope Chanel does not disc this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lynpett

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

We'll Ladies, this foundation works wonders for me. I have been using Armani and I like that, too, but this one works better for my skin. If you have dry skin or skin that needs a lot of coverage, then this isn't for you. I have pretty good, but oily skin. This foundation makes my skin look flawless and air brushed. I don't oil up all day, but carry some Chanel powder just in case. It is summer now so I'll see how it works in the winter months when I am not quite as oily. In the winter, I may switch to my Armani, but until then, I'm sticking with this stuff. Love it.

After weeks of use, this is my staple now. I find other foundations look heavy comparaed to this. This gives me a natural, flawless, glowy look. Just love it and it is all I use now. I finally have found a foundation that works for me. At 72, I can't tolerate heavy or powdery foundations on my skin. This takes years off. Won't work if you don't have good skin to start with, though. It has simplified my routine. Sometimes I powder a little over it, but often do not. Just add some blush and I'm ready to roll.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Mrswhiskerson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Goes on well. Could use a higher SPF. Smell is offensive but does go away after a time. Nice natural coverage. Blends well. Does wear off as the day progresses.

I have an extremely difficult to match skin tone and most foundations look orange on me. When Perscriptives was gone, I despaired at ever finding a match again. One of the beige roses works for my skin and does not turn yellow or orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Poinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For all it's worth, VA (B30) is very easy to apply, provides sheer coverage and smells divine. I love the way it corrects the blemishes on my skin and make me look like I'm not wearing makeup at all. It looks very natural. The only gripe I have is that it broke me out real bad. I guess I'm going back to mineral foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by yguo001

At first application, I loved it. It was light and I didn't feel like having anything on my skin. I looked great. But, only after half a day, I had to wash it off at my work!!!! my face became really oily, and the fresh look is gone within only few hours. The next day, my face was full of small bumps on my forehead and cheeks. It was horrible!!! also, I got few big cystic acnes around my chine!!!!!!! I really regret it put this on my skin, I should knew it better. Something within the chanel makeup and skincare just do not fit with my skin. If you are acne prone, really be careful with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

I like this foundation but hate the scent. Though it is light I find it too be a bit cakey after the day wears on. I like Est�e Lauders Invisable better for summer.... Maybe I will get this in the winter cause it does provide more coverage than ELI and does has a SPF which I do like but a bit too heavy for me and much too scented for the hot summer months. I rate it my second favorite foundation. Update. After wearing this I noticed it cakes around my nose and makes me look older. Withe that said plus the terrible rosé scent I will not wear again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by exelero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What can I say? Everything about this foundation is perfection! The way it spreads on the skin, the scent, the coverage is great despite the ultra light texture, even the price isn't the usual insanity from Chanel! And the plastic bottle is robust enought to be always around!