September 19, 2014 | 1987 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Memz888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really really happy with this foundation. It gives my skin such a flawless finish and the best thing is you can hardly tell I have any foundation on at all! I would say its medium coverage that can be built up to full cover with a couple of layers, however I would not personally use it on a full cover day as it seems like a waste to layer it on when it is invented to be light. This is my everyday foundation now and it would take a lot to change me. I have rated packaging low as I generally prefer to be able to see through packaging and this is fully opaque. It needs a very very good shake. I have given it a quick shake a couple of times and ended up with water on my hand... I now shake for at least 10 seconds vigorously! Would definitely recommend this product and I have been to everyone I know!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Meriange

Love this foundation, it is very light, fresh and subtle. Perfect if you want a foundation for oily or combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

This is my HG foundation. I have oily to combination skin that is acne prone. I periodically use benzoyl peroxide as my topical treatment, but otherwise have a normal skin care.
I love this foundation because B30 is the perfect color match for my skin. I am NC25-30 in MAC for reference.
The best thing about this foundation is that it's lightweight, yet covers very well. It also has these light reflecting particles that makes your face look like it's glowing from within. But I wouldn't say there is any shimmer in this foundation; It just has a very pretty satin glowy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always love to use full coverage foundations but now that my skin is lookin very good(almost no acne whatsoever) i decided to give this one a go.
The coverage is light to medium and the finish is dewy.
I was afraid that because of the finish i would not like it.
It is a waterbased foundation so my skin loves it!
My skin looks dewy all day and i only get oily towards the end off the day(like most foundations i used,even longwearing ones)with setting powder ofcourse.
I just look healthy and glowy :D

Packaging is practical..just shake well and squeeze the right amount on your hand.
I apply this with a beautyblender and love the result!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by DiamantTiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried this 3 times. The last time, it was an 'emergency' at the mall; I was shopping, got a text to go out with some friends, and looked a mess. I have a friend who works at the Chanel counter who is extremely kind to me. When I showed up, she was working on a client but told me I could start working on myself. I KNOW that Vitalumiere Aqua breaks me out - I've tried samples two other times over the years, only to wind up with bad break outs when I usually am blemish free. In times past, I've used VA with my own skincare and primers (the first time, with a Korres Wild Rose moisturizer and Vitamin E primer; the second, with Dior Hydra Life moisturizer and Hourglass Veil primer) and each time, wound up with a breakout. Both times the key to clearing up and calming down my skin was removing VA from my makeup routine. However, it's a stunning finish and I'm a perfect match in the range. I decided to sacrifice my skin in order to quickly throw on some makeup that would at least look good. Yes, I know it was stupid, but it's also the only formula Chanel has that works with my skin's dryness and tone. The regular Vitalumiere range has no match for my skin, and Perfection Lumiere is too drying. In essence, I was 'stuck' with VA while scrambling to make myself look party ready with 15 minutes to spare. I started with Chanel Hydra Beauty skincare and Le Blanc Sheer Illuminating Primer, then went to town with the Vitalumiere Aqua, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Well, unsurprisingly, this foundation messed my chin area up for a week. It goes on like a dream, has a beautiful texture, and looks great in photographs. In the pictures posted that night, my face looks healthy, fresh, and luminous, and all I wore for base was Vitalumiere Aqua and a bit of Chanel Tweed Pink blush. The next day, however, I woke up with three blemishes and very red, angry cheeks. I have extremely sensitive skin and rosacea, so I recommend that anyone with a similar skin type avoid this like the plague. I've tried VA under several conditions now, with various types of skin cares and primers beneath, and every time, it freaks my skin out. Such a shame. Fortunately, I get a similar texture (though thinner coverage) and finish from YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat, which is in the same price range, comes in a beautiful bottle, and actually seems to nourish my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I held off on trying this foundation for the longest time because I felt that it would be similar to extremely light coverage foundations like YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat - beautiful on the skin, but I prefer a heavier coverage personally. Unfortunately none of the shades matched my pale neutral toned skin, but I got a sample of B20 just the same which was too peachy but I figured I could blend it out and make it work. I was pleasantly surprised by how much heavier the coverage was than I expected and how smoothly it glided onto my skin without accentuating any pores or dry patches like so many other foundations do. Sadly, it broke me out on my chin after a few days use. If you don't have sensitive skin, run out and get this because it truly is a gorgeous foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this the other day in the shade B10. It's the lightest yellow-toned shade available. It's not bad, but I wouldn't spend my money on this foundation. First of all, it's VERY fragranced. You can smell it on your face all day long. The fragrance is very nice, but why on earth have fragrance in something you put on your face? It's probably to do with adding a luxurious feeling, but as far as I'm concerned, the best indicator of high quality is performance, not smell. Secondly, it oxidizes. I'd expect better from a foundation which is this expensive. Thirdly, if you have dry skin like me, it goes on matte and stays matte. No lustre, no dewiness. And fourthly, lasting power, even on my dry skin, is 4-5 hours maximum.

There's a much less pricy foundation out there which performs equally well, if not better: Vichy Aera Teint Pure. In fact, if it wasn't for the Chanel fragrance, I would have a hard time telling them apart! But the Vichy, while equally thin in consistency and with the same light feeling going on, lasts a lot longer than Vitalumiere and doesn't oxidize. I'd suggest reading the reviews for the Vichy Aera Teint Pure first, before splurging on this expensive and heavily fragranced foundation.

EDITED to add: The fragrance in this foundation must be alcohol based. I received my sample in a little plastic jar with a lid, and a couple of days later the fragrance is now much less prominent. That would be a good thing, if it wasn't for the fact that the scent itself has gone from smelling lovely and floral to smelling like aftershave! I think if Chanel would just ditch the heavy fragrance in this foundation, it could be a great one for those with the skin types it's suited for (i.e. not dry and dehydrated ones).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by HeidiDriesen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my go-to foundation.
It just hydrating enough, but not too much, so it doesn't make me greasy.
I am very light so I use the BR22 - Beige Rosé
It's a sheer cover, but enough to hide redness, ...
Still need a concealer under my eyes and for blemishes.
I apply it with a foundation brush, in my opinion that gives the best result, plus I don't like touching my face with my hands to much because it is so so sensitive.
Tried other foundations, but find myself going back too the Vitalumiere Aqua every time.
The only thing I always think about is the price, but it's worth every euro!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Annalouise91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I have pretty oily skin especially in my Tzone so I do have to blot maybe once or twice but I've come to accept that this is just a given. It's so light weight & goes on great. It definitely doesn't give you a lot of coverage but I love it for work. Gives me a nice light weight & natural finish. The price for this here in Aus is pretty expensive ($77 I believe) but I will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Hilda0414

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Yes, it is relatively expensive at $45 an ounce, but I only use a little and only on areas that NEED coverage, so it is proving to last a long bit. I use a 30 SPF lotion under it as SPF in any foundation is not sufficient. My skin color is light to medium with a yellow, not rose, base so I use color 30 which is an amazing match.

Shake well and it melts into your complexion but leaves a nice, not drying, finish and lasts...almost a powder like finish. Get so many compliments on flawless skin when I wear it and I just turned 60!