September 30, 2014 | 1851 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Primrose

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed in this. The color in the tube is TOTALLY different than when you apply it. It appears as a darkish rose color but when applied, it is a light pinky lavendar tint. Not that pigmented and very drying at first, until you get it going a bit, so to speak. It is almost identical to Revlon Matte lipstick in Pink Pout,which I have and dont' need two colors alomost identical!! GRRRR. So, back to the store it goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I read raves about this - apparently limited edition - color in some fashion magazines. I wanted to see it, but i couldn't find it anywhere. So i was happy to find it in an ULTA a couple days ago. One can't test Revlon colors, and although the top is clear, one doesn't get a good look at the color that way, but it looked like a nice pink, so i bought it.

Unfortunately, after trying this on, it turned out not to be a MLBB color for me, being both lighter and bluer than my natural lip color, nor was it extreme enough to be a fashion color - like some MAC lip colors. So far my MLBB color remains L'Oreal "Gilded Pink". I will still try Primrose again with different makeup to find a way to make it work for me, now that i have it.

Revlon and L'Oreal are my favorite DS lipsticks: great range of colors, moist and creamy going on. Yeah, they don't last as long as some HE lipsticks, but at $5 to $7 (US) they're significantly less than moderate to luxury brands at $14 to $50 or more, and for casual wear i really do like them. So it still gets 4 lippies, even though it isn't the color for me, because it's a good lipstick and a color i'm sure will work for others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I bought this because reviewers said that it was a dupe for MAC Cream Cup which is my HG and this was cheaper. The shade is not an exact match but it is close. Cream Cup is more pink while Primrose is more lavender. In regards to the formula, the MAC version is creamier and has way more lasting power. While Primrose glides on easily and has good pigment, it has virtually no lasting power and I am constantly re-applying every hour. I rated this 4 lippies because the shade is beautiful but I will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color: lilac pink

Pros: pigmented, creamy, long-lasting

Cons: none

This is a light blue-based pink with hints of lilac. Very pretty. It's pretty similar to Pink Pout, but this one leans more pink. I love it.

Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by gelastyle

don't let the name fool you.. its not anything near a prim rose. its a tron legacy fuschia. well atleast on me it was.. returning this the next day ....... for reference i'm asian nc25 with yellow undertones and this.. was failure......T_T

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe i'm the first to review this! I love this color!! Its a very pretty light pink nude color! I love these lipsticks especially the cream formulations! This is my every day favorite color ever!!! It goes with just about anything! I like to pair it with a dark eye and its just gorgeous!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I bought this in rite aid because I found this mixed in with the primary line of revlon lipsticks. This limited edition was just 7.99. I purchased it based on a youtube review. And I am happy I did in fact I will be looking for a back up.
This is a sheer cool tone pink that is buildable. Its a "my lip but better" color. Wish it was a tad cheaper but still not bad. very happy with it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like other reviewers have commented, I read about this color first in Allure and then saw it mentioned in 2-3 other magazines so I was anxious to try it. I haven't bought a drugstore lipstick in years. I love this pinky-lilac color for a nude lip on me. I normally don't find nude lips attractive on me since I have fair skin (including lips with almost no natural color) and many times nude lips just disappear on my face. This lipstick has enough color to make my lips look natural but nice, a my lips but better look. I especially like this with Nars Turkish Delight lip gloss on top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Creamy, neutral, light-med pink... For us ladies that have a hard time finding a lippie that works with a neutral skintone, this is really lovely. It gives a nice, modern color of understated pink,, when a brighter pink might not work. Feels really good on the lips also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have picked up two from this Revlon LE collection, and these colors are blowing me away!

They look like ' blah ' colors, or just colors I wouldn't care about, but they look better on me than their MAC counterparts as some reviewers have said.

On a stand-alone, this shade is a nice muted pink that you can just slip on. It's quite sheer, and it's got a sheen, so its not like a CREAM cream shade.

I like it more than creme cup for sure, ( ididn't like that one, so i don't have a comparison. I did like MAc's angel and lazy day and way to love a lot.. ) It's along those lines of nice muted pinks.

When I used it, I was like WOW! Revlon lipsticks are really making me think they're much much better and cheaper than MAC's... :)

Impressed with their shades these days, that's the big focal point. There are much more pearly shades in their regular lines.