September 2, 2014 | 1177 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used plenty of different masks but none have left me so pleased as this! While it did not completely clear out my blackheads, it took out all the oil. It did make my blackheads a heck of a lot smaller though, and my pores are almost unnoticeable, whereas before they were very much so. This stings a bit at first and makes my eyes water from the smell(which I do like as a whole. Mint and lemon smells delightful and fresh) and seemed sort of thick and not easily spread so I use a lot. Not much of a big deal though, considering it's a huge tube for less than 5 bucks! Definitely one of my favourite skin masks ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I bought this as a cheap clay mask as an alternative to my pricey ionic seaweed clay mask from The Body Shop.
I've used this a handful of times and I must say that this does not perform or give me the results as well as the Body Shop mask, however for a small fraction of the price, this stuff is great!
It's a thick paste that is gray/clay colour
It dries in about 4 minutes and it turns white and you will feel it tightening your skin, I find myself having to use a lot of this product, because it does not spread too evenly, however there is a large tube.
It smells faintly of mint/lemon but when it's on your face, you hardly notice.
It is thinner than my Body Shop clay mask so I don't get that super super tight feeling on my skin which I like because it removes all the dirt/oil in my pores easier.
If you have money to spend, definitely buy the Body Shop Ionic Seaweed Clay mask for a great deep clean however for a drugstore product, this one is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

I wasn't expecting much from such a cheap product--about 3.50 at Wal-Mart--but this mask really showed me! I haven't used masks before, and the tightening sensation was alarming at first. The way I could see all my pores as it dried got a bit freaky, but the end results is totally worth it. My skin felt hydrated and smooth, not to mention my pores got tiny even after the first time. I use this twice a week (I have extremely oily skin with huge, easily clogged pores, and my skin is quite tough) and I've never see my skin look this good. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Cass2a3Lou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

As most here I have tried many face masks. This one is amazing.

Just one use and my skin was clearer, oil was instantly absorbed (and it lasted a few days) and my pores were dramatically smaller.

Great product for under $4 at wal-mart....can't beat that!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally use this as a weekly mask to control the oil secretion and to deep cleanse. But i read some reviews that mentioned that this mask brings all the impurities to the surface and i thought of trying it out before my weekly biore pore strip. So i slather onto my whole face, taking care not to let it get too near my eye area and mouth area and then wait for it to harden and dry. It dries up pretty quickly and then i step into the shower to bathe and wash it off. Right after my shower, i use the biore pore strip on my nose and wait for it to dry. The rest of my face would feel smooth from the mask and a tad dry after all, clay masks are meant to cleanse. I apply toner and moisturizer on the rest of my face. When the pore strip feels ready, I pull it out in a swift motion and viola~ all the disgusting blackheads i saw post mask are on the pore strip. Only a few stubborn ones remain. This way has shown to be more effective for me at least. And it keeps the rest of my face smooth and less oily. I have yet to see that it helps with acne. But i currently have 2-3 pimples. I'll update to see if it's improving after this mask. So far, I am pleased with the result of this mask for the price. :)
Update: I still use this once a week and it keeps my pores nice and clean. Additionally, when I have a pimple starting to rear its ugly head, I'd dab a little of this on it and leave it overnight. It helps to clear it up faster by drying it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lalani11

I'm going to make this quick: I used the mask a couple of hours ago and was relaxing on the couch when my husband leans in looking closely at my face, then says, "Your pores look really small.." I have combination/oily skin and this mask was so smooth going on and my skin felt so smooth after rinsing it off. Living in a humid environment as we are approaching summer, I think this will be a weekly necessity in order to keep my skin in check. I'm sold and will be repurchasing the full size bottle.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have not been let down by Freeman masks yet! When I could not find my HG mask (Avocado & Oatmeal) in Walmart, I decided to pick this one up instead. While it has not taken HG spot, it is pretty close to my HG mask in results! It softens my skin, brightens it, and tightens up my pores wonderfully. I often can't stop feeling my face after I wash it off.. LOL! Love Freeman products so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ALINDSEYFLOWER

I have this on my face right now! I love using this once a week as a pampering kind of treatment. I have really sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this is one of the few masks that does not break me out. It's actually very uncomfortable as it dries on your face - it feels really tight...but when you wash it off it feels like your splashing your face with liquid moisturizer (if that makes sense). It's cheap too. I got mine at Wal-Mart for $3 CDN. I've heard lemon is good for the skin too. I have nothing but good things to say...and it definitely does something to my pores...cleanses them at least, because your pores become visible as the product dries, so you can almost see the mask cleansing them out. I would recommend picking this up - it won't damage your bank account either.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using for 3 days and so far it made me breakout. Idk if that's normal. But it seems to make my skin so soft. Still not better than Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. I will keep using this one and see how it works. Will keep you updated.(:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by samtibo2

I love this freeman mask. :)
It make my skin feeling normal... not dry, or oily.
I have combination skin, and I applied it all over my face. My cheeks are dry, and my forehead, shin, and nose area are oily. This mask made my skin even and normal.
This product claims to: helps soothe and calm problematic skin. Helps control oil production and reduce the appearance of large pores. Perfect for t-zone and oily skin types.
this product did exactly what it claims to do!