October 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I have oily skin (and my face is the worst), so I thought I'd give this a go.

Where I live, this is dirt cheap for a large bottle of it. It cost me only about $3.50, while the "Sample size" is about $2... So, a whole bottle for the price of a sample? SOLD!

It smells okay-- more citrus than "mint" but it has this mint green color to it. The smell doesn't bother me.

It can be a little difficult to smear on evenly, and it does take some time for it to dry completely, or even close to it. I sometimes cheat with a hair dryer for those stubborn spots that refuse to dry, but expect to wait a while if you put it on too thick.

But... it sucks the oil right off my face, leaving a fresh, clean face. (I still use a cleanser to clean my face afterwards...)

It makes my skin feel fresh, new, and soft... I don't use it too often because I don't want to overdo it. The last thing I need is to strip the oil off my face and cause the production of more, but this works well for a once-a-week application. (Your mileage may vary.)

I definitely like this, and I might buy the "samples" of others to try, even if the bottles are cheap. The sample size at least has a coupon attached to it, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by abbeygail

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love!! I just got this from Ulta like 2 hours ago for buy one get one free!! I died of happiness!! Literally I have it on right now!! hahaha its great! It smells pretty good too! I personally only smell the lemon not so much the mint, but its not overpowering at all!! It has a pretty big tube also it can get a little messy but whatever i still LOVE it!!! go buy now like get up and leave!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by b3eautylove

I bought this product upon recommendation from a makeup guru and from the reviews on this site. I wanted to buy it online as I thought this wasn't sold in Canada but I found a travel size in Wal-Mart today and gave it a try. While the mask itself made my face baby-butt-soft, it completely irritated my eyes. The mask didn't not touch my eyes, it wasn't closer to my eyes than it's supposed to be, but my eyes felt on fire and started watering. I wasn't sure how long I was supposed to keep it on, I originally wanted to keep it on for at least 15 mins, but the instructions said to keep it on until it dried. Unfortunately, because my eyes were so irritated, i took it off after 10 mins. The mask seemed dry but when I was taking it off, it felt wet. I'm not sure if that's normal or if I took it off too early, but I couldn't stand it any longer.
I am trying another Freeman's mask (the anti-stress, dead sea one), hopefully it won't be as bad.
Overall, I think it's great for the skin - although I'm no expert after just one use. But for me, in particular, it wasn't good for the eyes. I know that not everyone will find that as a problem, but if you're in doubt, by the travel sized portion, it's good for 1-2 tries.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll buy this again :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by monicaandree

I've been using this for years, as a dupe for the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, which can be hard to find. It's a nice drugstore clay mask that lasts a long time and is very cheap (less than $4 most places). I think I have had my tube for over a year. I leave this on for around 20-30 minutes as I use a thick layer and want it to dry completely. As it dries, you can feel it tighten (I use it on my face AND neck). You will also see the oil and black heads drawn to the surface when it is dry, which is a bit of a yuck factor but shows you that it is working. After using this, I rinse in the shower and use my Olay cleansing brush with an exfoliator, followed by a Biore strip and my Bliss Triple Oxygen Mask for a nice little at home facial. My skin feels baby soft and clear after this routine, which I only do once a month or so. I have acne prone skin and large pores, and would recommend this mask for anyone with the same! On a side note, I also tend to have sensitive skin, and this mask doesn't bother me at all. The scent is not heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used plenty of different masks but none have left me so pleased as this! While it did not completely clear out my blackheads, it took out all the oil. It did make my blackheads a heck of a lot smaller though, and my pores are almost unnoticeable, whereas before they were very much so. This stings a bit at first and makes my eyes water from the smell(which I do like as a whole. Mint and lemon smells delightful and fresh) and seemed sort of thick and not easily spread so I use a lot. Not much of a big deal though, considering it's a huge tube for less than 5 bucks! Definitely one of my favourite skin masks ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I bought this as a cheap clay mask as an alternative to my pricey ionic seaweed clay mask from The Body Shop.
I've used this a handful of times and I must say that this does not perform or give me the results as well as the Body Shop mask, however for a small fraction of the price, this stuff is great!
It's a thick paste that is gray/clay colour
It dries in about 4 minutes and it turns white and you will feel it tightening your skin, I find myself having to use a lot of this product, because it does not spread too evenly, however there is a large tube.
It smells faintly of mint/lemon but when it's on your face, you hardly notice.
It is thinner than my Body Shop clay mask so I don't get that super super tight feeling on my skin which I like because it removes all the dirt/oil in my pores easier.
If you have money to spend, definitely buy the Body Shop Ionic Seaweed Clay mask for a great deep clean however for a drugstore product, this one is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

I wasn't expecting much from such a cheap product--about 3.50 at Wal-Mart--but this mask really showed me! I haven't used masks before, and the tightening sensation was alarming at first. The way I could see all my pores as it dried got a bit freaky, but the end results is totally worth it. My skin felt hydrated and smooth, not to mention my pores got tiny even after the first time. I use this twice a week (I have extremely oily skin with huge, easily clogged pores, and my skin is quite tough) and I've never see my skin look this good. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Cass2a3Lou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

As most here I have tried many face masks. This one is amazing.

Just one use and my skin was clearer, oil was instantly absorbed (and it lasted a few days) and my pores were dramatically smaller.

Great product for under $4 at wal-mart....can't beat that!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally use this as a weekly mask to control the oil secretion and to deep cleanse. But i read some reviews that mentioned that this mask brings all the impurities to the surface and i thought of trying it out before my weekly biore pore strip. So i slather onto my whole face, taking care not to let it get too near my eye area and mouth area and then wait for it to harden and dry. It dries up pretty quickly and then i step into the shower to bathe and wash it off. Right after my shower, i use the biore pore strip on my nose and wait for it to dry. The rest of my face would feel smooth from the mask and a tad dry after all, clay masks are meant to cleanse. I apply toner and moisturizer on the rest of my face. When the pore strip feels ready, I pull it out in a swift motion and viola~ all the disgusting blackheads i saw post mask are on the pore strip. Only a few stubborn ones remain. This way has shown to be more effective for me at least. And it keeps the rest of my face smooth and less oily. I have yet to see that it helps with acne. But i currently have 2-3 pimples. I'll update to see if it's improving after this mask. So far, I am pleased with the result of this mask for the price. :)
Update: I still use this once a week and it keeps my pores nice and clean. Additionally, when I have a pimple starting to rear its ugly head, I'd dab a little of this on it and leave it overnight. It helps to clear it up faster by drying it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lalani11

I'm going to make this quick: I used the mask a couple of hours ago and was relaxing on the couch when my husband leans in looking closely at my face, then says, "Your pores look really small.." I have combination/oily skin and this mask was so smooth going on and my skin felt so smooth after rinsing it off. Living in a humid environment as we are approaching summer, I think this will be a weekly necessity in order to keep my skin in check. I'm sold and will be repurchasing the full size bottle.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No