December 22, 2014 | 1783 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a big tube of this Lemon Mint Mask when I was on vacation about a year ago and I still have not sorted out my feelings on the product. But I guess I will give it a try.
Pros: Leaves face smooth, Pores seem smaller, brings impurities to the surface.
Cons: Next day face feels slightly more oily then normal, a couple new pimples (because of the impurities brought to the surface).
I leave this on until it is mostly dry. I have (very dry and very oily) combination skin, and it is pretty harsh on both. My face is oily the next day (but on the plus side I don't have flakey, dried out skin, as per normal). I like that it brings my impurities to the surface so they don't brew and erupt during stressful times, but at the same time who wants to deal with spots? Even if it is only a few. I think I'm going to try either a different Freeman's mask or a different brand all together.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by belle666

I have tried this in the chocolate-strawberry and really liked it, but since I have combination/acne prone skin and it was Summer I thought I would try this. The smell is very pleasant and it was really cool seeing all the oil/dirt/who knows absorbed from the pores on my nose when this dries. After rinsing, my skin looks brighter and feels softer and smoother. I wouldn't say this makes my pores smaller (I haven't found anything that has yet) and is difficult to rinse off. This is a great buy for $4 CDN, it comes in a large tube that will take a very long time to use up. I will definitely try the other masks by this brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by cmalinow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I generally don't use TOO many drugstore brand skincare products anymore (as I've recently become obsessed with the Kate Somerville line found at Sephora), and this mask is a perfect example of why I stay away from cheap skincare products. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not totally against drugstore brand skincare lines, which is why I picked up this product from Walmart the other day. I use other Freeman products (I love their pomegranate sugar scrub!) and, after reading some reviews online, I was interested in picking up this clay mask. I've used clay masks before and this one was very similar to the others I've previously used - it tightens as it dries rather quickly. The scent of the mask was quite pleasant at first, but as soon as I put it the mask on my face, the scent was overwhelming and immediately irritated my eyes. I only left the mask on for 5 minutes and then I washed it off. The one thing I did enjoy was that the dirt in any clogged pores on my nose was lifted to the surface and, after quickly using a Biore nose strip, I noticed that the pores on my nose were smaller. HOWEVER, I woke up the next morning and had 3 new, extremely painful cystic pimples on the area of my chin and jaw. As I previously mentioned, I have been using the Kate Somerville skincare line (found at Sephora) for the past month, and my face - which is typically acne-prone - has been pimple-free. I am extremely upset to say that after using this Freeman Mint & Lemon Facial Clay Mask, this is no longer the case. For the past 2 days, my skin has been red, irritated, and blotchy! I have already gone through the "purging" of my pores after beginning the use of the Kate Somerville skincare line last month, so I know that this is not simply my pores purging in any form. I have immediately discontinued the use of this mask and I do not recommend it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I have oily skin (and my face is the worst), so I thought I'd give this a go.

Where I live, this is dirt cheap for a large bottle of it. It cost me only about $3.50, while the "Sample size" is about $2... So, a whole bottle for the price of a sample? SOLD!

It smells okay-- more citrus than "mint" but it has this mint green color to it. The smell doesn't bother me.

It can be a little difficult to smear on evenly, and it does take some time for it to dry completely, or even close to it. I sometimes cheat with a hair dryer for those stubborn spots that refuse to dry, but expect to wait a while if you put it on too thick.

But... it sucks the oil right off my face, leaving a fresh, clean face. (I still use a cleanser to clean my face afterwards...)

It makes my skin feel fresh, new, and soft... I don't use it too often because I don't want to overdo it. The last thing I need is to strip the oil off my face and cause the production of more, but this works well for a once-a-week application. (Your mileage may vary.)

I definitely like this, and I might buy the "samples" of others to try, even if the bottles are cheap. The sample size at least has a coupon attached to it, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by abbeygail

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love!! I just got this from Ulta like 2 hours ago for buy one get one free!! I died of happiness!! Literally I have it on right now!! hahaha its great! It smells pretty good too! I personally only smell the lemon not so much the mint, but its not overpowering at all!! It has a pretty big tube also it can get a little messy but whatever i still LOVE it!!! go buy now like get up and leave!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by b3eautylove

I bought this product upon recommendation from a makeup guru and from the reviews on this site. I wanted to buy it online as I thought this wasn't sold in Canada but I found a travel size in Wal-Mart today and gave it a try. While the mask itself made my face baby-butt-soft, it completely irritated my eyes. The mask didn't not touch my eyes, it wasn't closer to my eyes than it's supposed to be, but my eyes felt on fire and started watering. I wasn't sure how long I was supposed to keep it on, I originally wanted to keep it on for at least 15 mins, but the instructions said to keep it on until it dried. Unfortunately, because my eyes were so irritated, i took it off after 10 mins. The mask seemed dry but when I was taking it off, it felt wet. I'm not sure if that's normal or if I took it off too early, but I couldn't stand it any longer.
I am trying another Freeman's mask (the anti-stress, dead sea one), hopefully it won't be as bad.
Overall, I think it's great for the skin - although I'm no expert after just one use. But for me, in particular, it wasn't good for the eyes. I know that not everyone will find that as a problem, but if you're in doubt, by the travel sized portion, it's good for 1-2 tries.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll buy this again :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by monicaandree

I've been using this for years, as a dupe for the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, which can be hard to find. It's a nice drugstore clay mask that lasts a long time and is very cheap (less than $4 most places). I think I have had my tube for over a year. I leave this on for around 20-30 minutes as I use a thick layer and want it to dry completely. As it dries, you can feel it tighten (I use it on my face AND neck). You will also see the oil and black heads drawn to the surface when it is dry, which is a bit of a yuck factor but shows you that it is working. After using this, I rinse in the shower and use my Olay cleansing brush with an exfoliator, followed by a Biore strip and my Bliss Triple Oxygen Mask for a nice little at home facial. My skin feels baby soft and clear after this routine, which I only do once a month or so. I have acne prone skin and large pores, and would recommend this mask for anyone with the same! On a side note, I also tend to have sensitive skin, and this mask doesn't bother me at all. The scent is not heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used plenty of different masks but none have left me so pleased as this! While it did not completely clear out my blackheads, it took out all the oil. It did make my blackheads a heck of a lot smaller though, and my pores are almost unnoticeable, whereas before they were very much so. This stings a bit at first and makes my eyes water from the smell(which I do like as a whole. Mint and lemon smells delightful and fresh) and seemed sort of thick and not easily spread so I use a lot. Not much of a big deal though, considering it's a huge tube for less than 5 bucks! Definitely one of my favourite skin masks ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I bought this as a cheap clay mask as an alternative to my pricey ionic seaweed clay mask from The Body Shop.
I've used this a handful of times and I must say that this does not perform or give me the results as well as the Body Shop mask, however for a small fraction of the price, this stuff is great!
It's a thick paste that is gray/clay colour
It dries in about 4 minutes and it turns white and you will feel it tightening your skin, I find myself having to use a lot of this product, because it does not spread too evenly, however there is a large tube.
It smells faintly of mint/lemon but when it's on your face, you hardly notice.
It is thinner than my Body Shop clay mask so I don't get that super super tight feeling on my skin which I like because it removes all the dirt/oil in my pores easier.
If you have money to spend, definitely buy the Body Shop Ionic Seaweed Clay mask for a great deep clean however for a drugstore product, this one is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

I wasn't expecting much from such a cheap product--about 3.50 at Wal-Mart--but this mask really showed me! I haven't used masks before, and the tightening sensation was alarming at first. The way I could see all my pores as it dried got a bit freaky, but the end results is totally worth it. My skin felt hydrated and smooth, not to mention my pores got tiny even after the first time. I use this twice a week (I have extremely oily skin with huge, easily clogged pores, and my skin is quite tough) and I've never see my skin look this good. I love it!