July 28, 2014 | 1209 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by rachrachrach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Staying far away from cerave. Broke me out something awful. Thankfully, I always test on my chin and part if my neck, so no break out on my face. Still have lingering pimples a week out. I can't say if its the hydrating or foaming cleanser, or the lotions since I was desperate to try something new to help relieve my super dry skin, neither products helped in that department, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Tay8000

This face wash is very gentle and really makes your skin feel clean. I normally use it twice, once to get my make up off and again to clean my face and it doesn't dry my skin out. I started using this when I got eczema on my face and it didn't irritate it at all. It's a lot of money to buy it but it also last forever so it's worth it. I'm on my second bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by figuresk8r92

After dealing with some horrendous breakouts, I visited my dermatologist. She recommended using Cerave products instead of my Neutrogena face wash and lotion. I love the way this face wash lathers, I don't have to use as much product. It also felt very simple, no fragrance, no mentholated "faux fresh" feeling on my face. I paired this with my Clarisonic, and my skin cleared up and felt absolutely amazing! This is a great face wash because it's simple, doesn't overdry the skin (as long as you follow it up with moisturizer), and is a bargain! That one $12 bottle lasted me for over six months! Definitely repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ggbeana

Great drugstore cleanser. This removes all my makeup easily. I love it's gentle formula that doesn't break out my sensitive skin. I have repurchased this several times. Its very affordable and the pump makes it very convenient

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

reviews by teller5

" Whenever I used it, my face never felt totally clean, and oddly enough felt tight and dry."

___________

This is exactly my experience. I was so excited to try this. My skin feels tight like I haven't rinsed but then it totally dries out. (I have the stuff for normal to oily skin) It is the first product I have used that actually feels like it is damaging my skin :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by WoodlandDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Walmart after constantly seeing it recommended on MUA's skincare board. I used it for a few months, but never repurchased because over time, my skin was becoming dull and clogged, and I wanted to revamp my routine. I also love my skin to feel very smooth and refreshed after cleansing, and this cleanser didn't live up to those standards. I might allow myself to give it another test drive someday. Although it wasn't perfect, I had my fair share of good-skin days while using it, and it didn't seem to cause horrible breakouts or irritation.

Ingredients: Purified water, cocasidopropyl hydroxysultaine, glycerin, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, peg-150 pentaerythrityl tetrastearate and peg-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, niacinamide, propylene glycol, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, ceramide 3, ceramide 6-II, ceramide 1, hyaluronic acid, cholesterol, sodium chloride, phytosphingosine, citric acid, edetate disodium, dihydrate, sodium lauroyl lactylate, methylparaben, propylparaben, carbomer, xanthan gum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I ran out of my Phisoderm anti-blemish face wash and couldn't get it locally. Saw it in my supermarket and thought it looked like a nice big bottle for $10. Now I am totally in love with it. It works better than Phisoderm on my mature, slightly sensitive, acne prone skin. I have had very few zits since I started using this, yet it is not overly drying either. My new HG face wash. I only use this in the morning though, I use other products to remove makeup in the evening, and still use my Clinique 3 step face wash at bedtime. But this is great for in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the very best drugstore cleansers imho. Will clean your skin well without overdrying. Can also be used as bodywash or hand soap in very cold dry weather, or if your skin is just that dry/sensitive. Have used this as bodywash for 2 kids with eczema with nice results. Obviously....it will not remove waterproof, tenacious makeup or sunscreens. But for a general cleanser, it is hands-down one of the best.

Oh, and the non-foaming version of this, while also very non irritating. non drying and soothing.....simply doesn't clean as well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Never in a million years will I ever touch another CeraVe product again. Stupidly I did purchase this cleanser as it seems to be a well loved product on SCB. Now I know my skin hates caprylic/capric triglycerides, yet I somehow thought perhaps this formulation, being so popular, would turn out okay.

Within two days of using this cleanser, clogs and cysts appeared on my face. I stoppped using it and my face cleared. Now because I paid around $14 for the container, I thought I could just use it up as a shower gel of sorts on the body parts that do not break out. TMI time but within two days of using it, cysts on the backs of my legs and butt!

Just heaved that bottle right into the trash. Make sure if you decide to try this product that you are not sensitive to any of its ingredients - I tried it foolishly and paid the price. Lesson learned. Not always good to run with the herd. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Llehshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Im going to start ny saying If you are sensitive, acne prone, clog prone please DO NOT use this. I bought this about a year ago and stopped using it after a few days because it seemed to be giving be a rash. Recently I tried Joseof's Sulfer Soap and after a few days it made my face super dry and my neck and chest became scalely just from it rinsing over that area. I went back to my regular routine but nothing was helping the dryness. I decided to try Cerave Cleanser again with the Cerave Cream because of all the great reviews of it balancing ph and moisturizing with ceramides. BIG MISTAKE. After a week my skin was still dry and scalely and I developed a pimple like rash all over my face and neck. Even behind and in front of my ears had clusters of hard bumps. I also had clogged pores everywhere and a lot of them were turning into whiteheads. NIGHTMARE. After about a month of using Dove Sensitive Bar and taking supplements to speed up the healing process Im just now getting my smooth skin back.