August 20, 2014 | 1390 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by CarpeHora

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My best friend purchased this product, and during a makeover she used it on me. I use this product all the time now! It's really amazing. It instantly lengthens your lashes, with only one coat/sweep. I usually put on 2-3 coats/sweeps, anymore and my lashes will look like falsies. This is my HG of mascara. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by RoseKnowz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff for the price. I like the fact that I can apply more than 2 coats without it getting dry and flakey or clumpy. It's got a wonderful formula overall. My lashes look beautiful all day without any clumping, shedding, or running. Gives them amazing length and pretty decent volume. Will repurchase :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by GMJAG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is overpriced for the quality. The wand on it is just of average quality. Nothing amazing. The blackness of the formula doesnt impress me enough. The 2 pros of this mascara are that: 1. It is a wet formula 2. Holds curl well

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by bonehead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for years, and i just love it. I can say i have seen major improvement in my lashes being fuller and longer. I have gone threw 4 of these, by far its my most favorite. its not to heavy and it still looks natural, just prefect, like this one more than the Revlon's one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been trying out quite a few drug store brands recently to try and replace my fave the balm two timer mascara which is getting expensive and hard to find in the uk. This mascara has been the worst so far. I have just shortish black lashes which are straight. This gives absolutely no length or curl its wet and sticky and just clumps my lashes together I've tried to use it 5 times now and just given up. The best drugstore find so far is soap and glory thick and fast mascara from boots but nothing has matched up to the balm yet will keep on trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by mia92jie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only mascara that I've been using for almost a year. I love it. I got this because I'm a mascaraholic lol and I got it not expecting much of anything. It was the first lash growth mascara I've used. I didn't realize it was actually working until people started telling me how long my eye lashes were. It starts to work over time. So you got to be patient. It could be different for every one though. My sister said it made her lashes worse and fall out more. I like it because its so easy to wash off. Therefore less of your lashes are being pulled out. The only problem is, If its pouring rain, it will run down your face soooo easily and all the way down your face. So, cover your eyes or something if its raining hard. lol But this stuff worked wonders on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by amybabyyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was walking down the cosmetic aisles at Wal-mart, and stopped when I saw this mascara. I'd bought it before, but Rimmel must have changed the brush and packaging, because it didn't used to work like it does now. The package I had bought before was bright metallic yellow and black, to match the tube. The new one is orange and black, same tube. Before, the brush was hard and plasticky, and didn't allow me to apply the product well. Now, the brush -- which has the same oblong shape -- has fluffier bristles. And the formula is lighter, but still as dark as it gets in extreme black. I used this formula to boost up my lashes after removing eyelash extensions, and noticed steady growth over 3 months. I'm hoping for the same growth results with this new brush. I highly recommend this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by iitsjens

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews about this mascara, I was really excited to try it out. Let's just say it didn't quite work out for me.
I guess I'll just list out the pros and cons.

CONS:
- unlike what the reviews say, this does smudge onto your lower lids. The severity of the raccoon eye effect depends, but I usually do get some faint blackage by the end of the day. Some days though, I don't
- BLINK LIGHTLY POST APPLICATION. Because your lashes become really lengthened, your lashes will smudge onto the tops of your cheeks if you blink too hard.
- the wand sucks.. I mean, it's not that bad. It's a BIT hard to apply, and the tip is a lost cause. More often than I am proud to admit, I tend to pretend my mascara wand is an eyeliner brush, and so I run it along my lids. The product collects at the end so majorly bad.. I don't even know what to do. As long as you don't use the tip, it won't really be a problem though.
- I'm not sure how other mascaras fair (since this is my second mascara only) but my lashes would sometimes get clumped together. I end up longer, and less lashes by the end.
-Do not apply too many coats. This is buildable only for about..3-4 times max. 2 is more than enough. After awhile, your lashes look like long, black, crispy spider legs. It's disgusting. (even though that goes for most mascaras)
-depending on what you like, this mascara is not waterproof. Personally, I like how easy it is to remove, but because my eyes water a lot.. it tends to run. I wouldn't recommend this on your bottom lashes at all.

PROS:
-this DID extend my lashes quite a bit. I'm not sure if it made them grow or not because I do not use it as often as I like. My eyes tear up, so it's never really necessary for me.
-since the mascara extends my lashes, I don't even have to apply anything to my bottom lashes. I just blink, and the product will make my bottom lashes longer. Also, it hits it in the right way. It doesn't do all your bottom lashes.. just your outermost ones.. so if you tear up, it's not THAT bad.
-Well.. I'm not sure what else I should say. This mascara DOES do what it's supposed to.

It's not a bad mascara at all.. just know that it isn't all that amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ArabianRoyaltyXo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara !!! i always repurchase !!! everyone always compliments on my lashes every time ! i pair it with MAC zoom lash. Love this stuff !! i hope RIMMEL never discontinues this product !

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by austinssister

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara really aggravated me. I read online that this was the best mascara you could get from a drugstore so i decided to try it. I dont know if this was a malfunction on my mascara wand, but there were two short strings coming from both sides of the wand and every time i go to put the mascara on, its very difficult to not let the strings go into my eyes. The mascara itself does nothing for me either. I may as well not even wear any. Oh well good thing i used a gift card to buy it.