August 27, 2014 | 1845 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by JessicaGl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara it gives me a really lengthening effect, it doesn't gives that much volume but I'm OKAY with that. I love the wand it was a little bit scary because it's bigger than normal wands but I love that it holds a curl ALL DAY long, there's no need to apply it again throughout the day.
So I'll definitely will change my Million lashes L'oreal mascara for this one. The price is more accessible and it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by lmuos

I wanted this mascara to work. I really did. I'm not sure if it is because I bought the black/brown version of it, but I seem to have had a very different experience to most of the reviewers here :(

From the get-go this mascara didn't work for me. The main, major issue was the flaking. I would put it on before uni and come back home 3 hours later and I would have flakes of mascara below my eyes, and on my eyelid.
Also, it didn't clump the lashes together (one thing which I really enjoyed about it) and was very good at coating them all separately. However, I would get clumps on the individual lashes which made it very noticeable that I was wearing mascara.
I persevered for about 2 months, hoping that it would get better, but unfortunately now (in addition to the above issues), the mascara in the tube has become very thick which is resulting in an even worse application.

Because of these issues, sadly I won't be buying it again. A positive though, is the black/brown colour. Often with black/brown mascaras, I've found them to be too black which looks incredibly harsh on me in the daytime. That is part of the reason why I'm so sad that this mascara didn't work for me - the colour is great.
But because of the flaking and the clumping, I've given this mascara a rating of 2/5 as these issues do make it rather unwearable for me : (

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this mascara so many times by now that i have lost count. I always thought the big brush would be annoying but i absolutely love it! It doesn't clump my lashes and it stays on all day without flacking on me!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by saberrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pro: Holds the curl really well
a true waterproof mascara
Con: Doesn't give length or volume
Not easy to remove

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by peakvolume

LashBlast is so popular in the makeup community, it's almost redundant to write a review on it. But I digress; the original LashBlast is designed to simply volumize the lashes-it doesn't promise much else. Simple claims, simple standards to meet. And while I wasn't awestruck by the volume the mascara gave me, it did it's job well, and wore nonstop for over 12 hours, looking flawless by the time I removed it.

The shade I got was "brown," which is a little misleading. On the lashes, it does not look brown at all, but more of a rich, soft black. I did not have problems with the brush, because I have larger eyes, but I imagine people with smaller eyes may find the length of the wand annoying to use. The spikes on the wand are good at separating the lashes and loading on color.

It's cheap ($9 USD) and works well for what it intends to do. Personally, I like to use it best as a base to use a lengthening mascara over top of it. On it's own, it does well enough, but unfortunately it's nothing impressive.

(read the full review on peakvolume.blogspot.com)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This mascara doesn't clump or flake. It gives my lashes a lot of length and volume, but not as much as the Clump Crusher mascara. People even asked if I was wearing fake eyelashes! I did have to add lots of coats though to achieve it, though, and I wish it held a curl better. I also don't like how big the brush is, but I got used to it. I love how it's easy to remove. This is my 3rd tube. Great price too!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirl5601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a mascara that really made your lashes big and bold. This did the job. I would really recommend this product to anyone in search for a drugstore mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by bebedab

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara works wonders, I use the black/brown type to be able to layer without worrying about how dark my eyelashes will be. I definitely recommend to anyone trying a new mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara as it gives good volume to my lashes. I've tried this in the summer and winter and it seems to work better for me in the winter. When I tried it in the summer, I had some smudging, even when I tried the waterproof. The brush is kind of big, but it doesn't bother me that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by mskenziediane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this mascara. I've tried The Falsies, Scandaleyes, False Fiber Lashes, Power Volume 24 Hour, and many others. I always go back to this one. It lengthens, thickens, and darkens my lashes, aka everything I could ask for in a mascara. It's perfect! I highly recommend it :)