October 20, 2014 | 1889 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Laurenroseh90

I think that the pro longwear foundation is a touch overrated (and overpriced in AUS!) i much prefer the studio fix liquid foundation. I only really use heavier foundations for special nights out when im also using fake tan so i wear the NC30 which is perfect in the studio fix, however in the pro longwear range it seems a lot more yellowy and darker and doesn't glide onto the skin nicely either. I don't find that the staying power is a great deal superior to other foundation products from MAC either. Also this product tends to really set into fine lines around the eyes, making them stand out! I end up seeing wrinkles i didn't even know i had!
Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

There are far better long wearing foundations (e.g. Smashbox Studio Skin) that don't appear so 1 dimensional on the skin. I found Pro Longwear runs way too yellow (NC42) and looks too flat even after mixing it with a bit of illuminator. It's simply 'boring'. There's no glow, no warmth..

I will give it points for not settling into lines and for staying put for most of the day but still, it's a fail from me..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Hlp92

I love this foundation it's my go to foundation for a night out . It's staying power is the best I've tried . U have to blend very quick as it dries quickly.it gives u an amazing look for photos although it a Matte finish it still looks like u have a healthy glow .also does not look cakey !

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by emlovable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because I have never tried a MAC foundation. I gotta say, this foundation has amazing staying power. The only problem I had was that the colour selection was small (that's why I gave it 4 lippies). I am an nc42 - nc44, so I purchased nc42 (nc44 was not an option), the colour was a little off, but once it oxidized it looked a bit more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by clpds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for about two months and so far I think it's pretty good match for my skin; NC 42. One pump dispenses the perfect amount for my entire face.

My skin is pretty clear, so I think this might be too much coverage for it even though it's a medium coverage. However, it covers up my dark spots nicely though it feels a bit heavy at times. (When applied with a foundation brush.)

When I apply it with a stippling brush, it doesn't feel as a heavy so that's much better! I have not broken out so I'm very, very hapy about that.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by pattsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not too fond of leaving negative reviews, but this product was such a disappointment for me.

I'll start out by saying I got matched with the wrong shade, NW20, when I'm more NW10-15. When I had it applied in the store it looked great under the lights, and I was in a rush to get a new foundation, so I bought it straight away. As soon as my face hit natural light I realised it wasn't the right one for me. (However, I felt way too awkward to take it back straight away, and I knew I'd bought it in the lightest shade they had available at the time in Australia.) This isn't why I marked it down though.

On me this foundation settles into every little crevice on my face and I end up looking so much older! At first I thought it was because it was matte, but since then I have tried dozens of other matte foundations and nothing leaves my skin looking this old! It also doesn't seem to last long, no matter what primer I wear or don't wear. It gets very patchy by the end of the day, and I don't have the time for touch-ups or reapplications.

Another problem that I found was that it was very pink. Like, extremely pink. It looks ridiculous! And then it oxidises so fast!

Perhaps I just bought a bad bottle, because most of the people I know absolutely rave about this product. I really just can't get it to work though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by beapua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What made me buy this in the first place was the low SPF content. I hate how liquid foundations higher than SPF 10 make my face look ghastly white in photos.

Coverage is great only when I prime my face before applying it. I once forgot to apply primer before putting on foundation, and baaam, my pores look more visible. But once I apply primer, my face looks just heavenly! My face is poreless, flawless and all the -less adjectives I could think of lol!

Three pumps of this product is enough for the entire face and neck. That one layer lasts all day long! All I have to do is just reapply a layer of translucent loose powder after more or less 6 hours to mattify my face.

I also love how MAC has a lot of shades. I have acidic skin so my shade is NC 15 [one shade lighter than my actual skin tone], which just looks perfect 30 minutes after applying it.

Been using this product for the last 5 months and I never broke out. Love love love this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by stephaniedubbioso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I reaaaally wanted to love this foundation but it just doesn't work with ANY product I use to prep my skin! I am aware this foundation is water based, so a water based moisturizer or primer is a must, but I find that even when I use the correct base underneath my skin, this foundation never stays put. It separates around my cheeks and nose almost instantly after I apply no matter what my technique; brush, BB or fingers. I also find that when I have product underneath the longevity of this stuff is terrible.

BUT.... when I have absolutely nothing on my skin prior to application this product looks great and lasts longer. Moisturizing/priming my skin beforehand is routine though, so I won't be repurchasing. I love the pump though, that's an asset :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by LorettaBellxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is AMAZING! I have oily skin, and by the end of the day, my make up still looks wonderful! If your considering buying it, don't hesitate! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by ChloeJayne

This is by far, one of my top two foundations! I have always used MAC Studio Fix Fluid (NC20) but lately I'v found that it's really been slipping off my face and wearing off in certain areas so I done some research, read lots of reviews & decided to buy the Pro Longwear (NC20) & all I can say is WOW! I honestly don't feel it to be as heavy as the Studio Fix Fluid and the coverage is absolutely fantastic! I like a full coverage foundation to cover some redness & freckles that I have on my cheecks and this does the job perfectly! it doesn't cake on the skin and the finish looks so natural. As far as long-wearing, this is honestly the best foundation I'v ever had! Usually I apply my foundation (Studio Fix Fluid) at around 7am, just before college and by time I get home (around 3/4) my foundation would be barely visible!!!! But with Pro Longwear, my skin looks absolutely flawless after 10 hours!! When used in conjunction with the Pro Longwear concealer, the skin just looks even more flawless! Cannot recommend this foundation enough! Honestly didn't expect to love it this much!