August 21, 2014 | 1720 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by maddieziegler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is perfect if you have long and busy days- being a high school student and competitive dancer, I need my foundation to last from 8 in the morning to 9 at night. This foundation lasts throughout, and it also retains its heavy coverage. However, if you like extremely natural looking foundations, this might not be for you- it has a fairly noticeable (not cakey, however) appearance. Keep in mind, it's marketed as a long-lasting foundation- I apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural on top to make it look more natural and I've been told multiple times that my skin (not my makeup) looks great :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by tthao

I usually stay away from MAC because of their rep of being very cakey, but I got a sample of this foundation because a friend of mine said she liked it and it was her friend's HG. I got 140 and immediately noticed how it seemed to match me but was VERY golden toned. I'm talking yellow. Good thing it didn't look that way on my face. Anyway, I noticed the coverage was good but I could see the cake starting to build, and my application is with a brush that usually gives me a nice light-medium coverage.

This foundation maximizes the appearance of my dry spots and flakes. I also didn't like the fact that it oxidizes and my face was very pink after a few minutes, which freaked me out since the foundation is super yellow.

5 lippies for the price bc $31 for a nice foundation is great! Packaging, I didn't buy it but I do like the bottle, although I would like a cap to cover the nose.

I will not buy this, the only thing I liked was the coverage, but it's not worth the cake.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Hibaaa

I have been using this foundation for around 5 months and I must say that this is one of my favorite foundations. I was looking for a foundation that I can use everyday and that has a great staying power because I am not the kind of girl that likes touch ups..

With that said I found this foundation to give great coverage yet a natural finish and it still shows the glow my skin has. It claims to stay up to 15 hours, which is without doubt true as I have had it on for 10 hours without needing to touch up, and I have combination skin.
During the winter I tend to get much more dry however I did not feel that this foundation left dry patches on my skin. Furthermore, I do have more oily t-zone during summer and I would say that it would stay on very well throughout those days as well.

Overall it is a foundation worth to try by all skin types and especially for those who are looking for a foundation that lasts a long time and is still natural in finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by completelynumby

This foundation doesn't agree with my normal/combination skin. I break out every time I apply this stuff, especially around my chin, jaw, upper lip and forehead.

As for the 'pro longwear' aspect, I would say it lasts for three hours on my face, which isn't bad. But for a foundation that claims to give up to 15 hours of wear, it's not so good.

Definitely not a keeper for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by BunnyByTheSea

Aloha, I live in Hawaii and my work days are long, so I need a foundation that lasts a long time. I mean who wants to reapply their make up throughout the day? No one. So I got this pro long wear at the mac store. I use it with the oil control lotion, because my foundation no matter what kind it is slides off of my face! but this together (the prolong wear and the oil control lotion) makes it stay! My makeup stays on my face for around 8 hours without touchups! which is amazing! I do touch up with powder, bronzer and blush before dinner. But the foundations stays put! It dries really really fast, so I work quickly blending it. I would say it is a medium to full coverage, if you keeps reapplying it does get cake. I love that you can not see it in the sun! You know that feeling when you look at yourself in the mirror in the sun and you're like yuck (!) ewww your foundation looks like a mask and oily. This does not do that, which is great! I know a lot of ladies do say its cake, but maybe they apply too much go the foundation? I don't know it doest cake on me. So that I'm happy with. The smell I do not like, it smells really chemically, but it goes away fast. I Hasn't broken me out, and my face breaks out easily. So that is a big plus. The color of the foundation in the bottle does look very different on my face, so I suggest you test out the colors for your match at the counter. The mac girls are usually nice (well most of them) and I am sure that they would help you find the perfect match! Also when I apply my foundation I usually wait like 10 minutes to use bronzer, powder and blush, just to let the color "seep" into my skin, I feel like the color tone changes over a few minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by deesoso

After using this foundation for awhile I am kind of unhappy with it. The color is quite pale and not as close to my color as I thought when I first purchased it. I don't really have wrinkles but this somehow seeps into and causes lines on my forehead that I did not know where there. Did I mention that its really drying? It does stick through the whole day mostly... But the formula sucks and is not hydrating in any way shape or form.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I love the prolong wear concealer so I thought to try the foundation as well. And wow! I love it so much. I tried revlon color stay but it gives me dry patches and I think the finish is more matte than this foundation. This foundation gives quite a natural finish a demi matte- like a matte satin finish and it looks like skin. Also, it does not transfer. The consistence is not runny but not thick either and have very good coverage (med to full) for a foundation that's not too thick.

I got this in the color n18. It's good for my winter skin and I can probably wear it during the summer too with bronzer. The other foundation I like is studio sculpt from Mac but it does not have the longevity of this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Lochinvar

I wish there was a maybe.

I'm using a sample pot of this at the moment. I read the reviews on MUA and have made sure that I moisturise well before applying.

It applies well, has a nice finish and wears really well, at the end of the day its still there, and in hot humid weather it is still there.

My only issue is that the shop girl colour swatched me as NC37 and it really is too yellow for me. So if I purchase I will definitely need to try some other shades to get a better match as I look a little jaundiced as NC37.

Other than the fact that I haven't got a good colour match - I am really liking this product and would consider purchasing it down the track.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by stopcryingurheartout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- My 'go-to' foundation when I want long-lasting sweat-proof coverage.
- Great for humid weather, sporting activities and summer.
- Layer it twice and it will last all day. I touch up with Mac Blot powder.
- Last longer than all the other high-end foundations that I own (MUFE HD, LM Silk creme, Chanel DP, Nars Sheer Glow, EL DW)

Cons:
- Nil, this is the best foundation MAC has created

Note: I have just re-purchased my third bottle. It works great for the Sydney summer and humid countries like Singapore. It dries quickly and the coverage is quite matt. During winter, I mix this foundation with LM Silk Creme foundation as it tends to be a bit drying. I highly recommend this if you want your foundation to last 12 hours. I use LM oil free primer as a base.
EDIT: On my fourth bottle now. I'll never stop.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by breadbuttajam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have brought this product a few times, not because I particularly like the finish but because I am not allergic to It.

back ground on my skin:
I have very sensitive skin and can barely use nothing on my face.
nc 20 or nc25-
acne prone
dry and porous

i apply with with fingers. once applied, this foundation makes a good base for me to then cover up all my blemishes with my Mac studio fix powder foundation which I apply with a elf concealer brush (amazing to cover blemishes)
I then use a big kabuki to set everything with rimmel face powder

finish
sheer to medium coverage on me.
not blendable as looks cakey and accentuates my dry patches and makes pores look huge
gel like texture
leaves a sheen to the skin
makes skin a weird colour

pros
amazing saying power- this stuff doesn't come off
does not break me out

cons-
the colours are so weird on me.. this foundation actually makes my skin look a lot worse then it actually is. pores look bigger, and more visible.
gives my skin a metallic scaly sheen.
but once ive covered it all up with powder its ok
if I could find a foundation im not allergic to then I would definitely not buy this again.
I only use this because I am not allergic and because it holds my powder very well.

My sister also uses this but she loves it. she has oily skin and I think this may be the reason why it looks so lovely and glowy on her but deathly on me