November 28, 2014 | 1836 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Ozzy123

Great foundation one of my favourite mac foundations lasts all day would definitely recommend pro long wear !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by zmarie100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first bought this in NC20 as it had been a good summer and i was a little darker than usual. I re ordered this twice more in this shade then realised it was time for me to use NC15 (winter) . Though it says otherwise on the website, I would definitely say this foundation provides medium to buildable coverage. It completely evens out my skin tone and covers all minor blemishes. It takes a good 5 minutes to dry. Without powder it gives a dewy finish after a few hours, a tiny bit shiny but not in a greasy way, it looks healthy. I don't have naturally oily skin. With powder the foundation last a little longer and has fuller coverage.
If I apply this foundation 8am with a full face of makeup it lasts me all day and if I'm going out at night I usually just touch up the powder. Amazingly long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by nsjet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading the great reviews here, I rushed off to MAC yesterday and bought this foundation. I walked out of the store feeling guilty as I've still got half a bottle left of my Studio Fix Fluid (my go-to foundation).

I applied this around 7:30am this morning and I checked my face around 1pm today. Wow! Usually, I will have an oily t-zone around this time. To my pleasant surprise, my t-zone did not look like I had splashed olive oil on my face. There was a slight sheen (and I mean oh so slight) but the foundation was still intact, hadn't' budged and looking pretty good if I do say so myself. Also, I stepped out of the office today to do some shopping, walked for about 20 minutes and had a hot curry for lunch (which always makes my face sweat). But after all of that, I still look like a fresh faced baby! Okay, not quite, but still pretty good!

It is a mild day in Melbourne, Australia but I will definitely update when the temperature starts going up again.

In regards to foundation application, I am light handed. I use a sponge to apply my foundation (I know, old-school) but I press it into the skin and then apply my Kryolan translucent powder over the top. I am a powder over foundation kinda gal so for those who apply foundation alone, I can't tell you how well this will last.

The finish is semi-matte, the coverage light to medium. It is easier to blend that Studio Fix Fluid as it doesn't dry as fast. I would recommend this for combination to oily skin. Drier skin may struggle with this foundation.

I am impressed!

Overall, I would recommend this foundation and would definitely buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by karma3p80

I did love this at first, but the more I wore it, the more I started to dislike it. I don't know if my skin changed or something, but it started looking really heavy and cakey on my face. It is just an ok, average foundation and I would only recommend it to someone who is looking for something with a lot of coverage and doesn't mind looking like they have a lot of makeup on.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sandranicolexx

I like this foundation because it really lasts all day/night. However, i think that it is harder to blend then other foundations and it doesnt go on that smooth. also its a little to heavy for an everyday make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by MissLee83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG Foundation. Goes on smooth, lasts all day. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Kate1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, I have slight dry skin and it blends in to your skin so beautifully and it really does last all day. I work an 11 day and it is the only foundation I have found that really lasts from morning til night. I first purchased it in 2012 and have repurchased numerous times since then :) I would definitely recommend this foundation!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Laurenroseh90

I think that the pro longwear foundation is a touch overrated (and overpriced in AUS!) i much prefer the studio fix liquid foundation. I only really use heavier foundations for special nights out when im also using fake tan so i wear the NC30 which is perfect in the studio fix, however in the pro longwear range it seems a lot more yellowy and darker and doesn't glide onto the skin nicely either. I don't find that the staying power is a great deal superior to other foundation products from MAC either. Also this product tends to really set into fine lines around the eyes, making them stand out! I end up seeing wrinkles i didn't even know i had!
Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

There are far better long wearing foundations (e.g. Smashbox Studio Skin) that don't appear so 1 dimensional on the skin. I found Pro Longwear runs way too yellow (NC42) and looks too flat even after mixing it with a bit of illuminator. It's simply 'boring'. There's no glow, no warmth..

I will give it points for not settling into lines and for staying put for most of the day but still, it's a fail from me..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Hlp92

I love this foundation it's my go to foundation for a night out . It's staying power is the best I've tried . U have to blend very quick as it dries quickly.it gives u an amazing look for photos although it a Matte finish it still looks like u have a healthy glow .also does not look cakey !