MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really wanted this to be HG status for me. This isn't full coverage, I'd say light-medium. Very easily built up however. Decent oil control (comparable to revlon color stay). Good shade range. Love that this foundation has a pump. HOWEVER, this foundation did break me out.. Tiny little red bumps. I took off lippies for just that fact.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I truly wanted to love this foundation, and initially I did.
First, I don't think the price is too bad for a high-end foundation. Also, the packing is awesome since it comes with a pump...that's a huge plus for me.
Overall this foundation was good at first. Matched my skin perfectly, the finish was amazing after setting it with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. Without the powder, it still looked good but I prefer with.
The coverage is phenomenal, made my skin look flawless.
Longevity of the foundation is really good as well, I work 10 hour days and it looked freshly applied with I got home which never happens.
The reason I will not be repurchasing this is because it broke me out-very badly. I didn't want to think it was the foundation because it was so awesome in every other aspect. But when I started getting those gross, under-the-skin pimples I couldn't ignore it. Nothing else changed in my beauty routine. So I stopped using this foundation, let my skin clear up then tried it again for a couple of days and sure enough, I broke out again.
This made me soooooo sad because I really did love it. If it didn't make me break out, I would buy time and time again.

on 8/3/2014 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is by far the best thing I have ever tried in my life. My skin is a nightmare, I’m acne prone, oily, dry, blotchy, scarred, and overall a make up artist’s worst nightmare. But wow, I have never seen myself so flawless after trying the pro long wear.

I’m not saying that I just pop this on, walk out the door, and look perfect. No one with my terrible skin could ever do that. Obviously I have to powder (I use a loose translucent setting powder) and apply blush and do my brows and put on some lip gloss/lipstick... But after my full face make up routine, I look absolutely flawless and my skin doesn’t look “problematic” AT ALL. How is that even possible?

Please purchase this product. You won’t be disappointed.

Also...it stays on like a dream. Another huge plus for me and my skin.

on 7/27/2014 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this foundation, got it in nc42 and matches my skin tone well. I like the medium coverage it gives and when applied properly i get quite a flawless finish which I'm happy about. It is pricey but I would pay for quality. Already got my second bottle. This product does set fast so don't take your time applying this to the face or it will set quickly. I use a pump and a half and has lasted me quite awhile :-)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love using Mac Studio Fix but decided to switch up and try the Pro Longwear. I wish I didn't because it was a waste of money. This foundation appeared more ashy and caked on my skin. The only thing I liked was the pump it comes with.

on 7/12/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. It really is long wearing. It lasts for a long time. I only need one pump for my whole face, however, I never really need too much coverage. I really moisturize and prime my face before hand and it never looks cakey. I have normal skin but my tzone does get oily sometimes. If I set this with my HD powder then I never have problems with that. The coverage is pretty good

on 7/9/2014 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My HG!!! Will forever love this product

on 7/1/2014 4:11:00 PM

Pro long wear? NO long wear! I made the transition from MAC's 'face and body' foundation to this one, seeking better coverage, which, unfortunately, I didn't find. It smells like something which would be used to strip paint instead of being paint for face, the pungent smell makes me feel sick every day! In general, this foundation is too orange for me - seeing as I'd rather not look like a tangerine and pay £25.00 in the process, I've had to mix it with the lightest of light foundations to make myself presentable. No, I won't be buying again, no, I won't be buying another mac foundation again, despite loving many of their other products, and no, this is not for those who wish to be knocked unconscious with a whiff

on 6/26/2014 2:09:00 PM

I have avoided Mac foundations here and there because I think it's to much for my sensitive/acne prone skin but this particular foundation is surprisingly great for me! Way better than Fix Fluid..(for me) this foundation is long wearing (don't judge..we've all done this) but one night I didn't wash my face from a night out and I woke up and my makeup was still flawless! I was shocked even when I removed my makeup with wipes, the makeup was still on the wipes as though it was just applied. Crazy! But I have only have one problem and I hope I'm not the only one.... about half an hour after applying it my foundation it turns into pink/orange undertone. I'm not sure if it's maybe I have wrong color? Anyways, this foundation is great and great price! Will continue to keep using :-)

All I can really say is after my long search for the perfect foundation, this is my HG foundation. I've been using it for years. NC 25, (sometimes NC 30 when I get a little sun in) truly matches my fair, yellow-undertoned skin. It was recently reformulated and it no longer has SPF, but that's not an issue for me. I recently visited some family in a very humid climate and while Pro Longwear wasn't cemented onto my skin, it definitely did not slide off! It definitely has staying power on my mostly oily skin. I usually apply it with fingers, but a damp beauty blender gives good application for this foundation as well. If MAC EVER discontinues this I will be a sad sad girl.

Video Reviews & Tutorials