November 24, 2014 | 1797 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Foundation #3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 12:29:00 PM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All right, I only sampled this at Sephora. OK, I didn't use a Kabuki brush either and that may affect my review. This however came off on my skin as way too shiny. It seemed to draw MORE attention to my TOM blemishes. Also color didn't seem right--too dark, although the lighter shade the SA sampled for me was too light, leading me to believe BE doesn't have a good color match for my skin. Oh well!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2005 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Kellsoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love bare minerals foundation! First, I only bought the foundation, without the brush and didn't think it made any difference. But then I went to Sephora and tried it on with the kabuki brush. That's when I saw the real coverage that they talk about on the ad. For the first time in my life, people said that I have flawless skin (which I don't. I have a lot of blemishes from zits) and actually think that I don't have any foundation on!My boyfriend and my sister are the most honest and toughest critics, and they said: wow! what did u do to ur skin??looks really good!". However, I must say that the overall coverage works much better when u use mineral veil and warmth too. the only downside of this product is that it didn't cover my dark circles. It even made them a bit darker when I tried to apply a bit of foundation on them. Other than that, love this product!!realy worth the price!=)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by shadder

At first I didn't think this gave much coverage. Then I noticed it emphasized my pores!! Also, for a foundation that is suppose to be sheer, I feel like I'm wearing makeup with this worse than with liquid. Also, I don't know if it is the titanium dioxide in this product or what but it makes my face itch. I just don't see the hype in all this. I do like the warmth and glee mixed together as a blush though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2005 10:28:00 PM More reviews by bri1078

this product is not great. it spreads unevenly and clumps up. nice color though

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2005 1:50:00 AM More reviews by funkypeach1

I was drawn in my the informercial and couldnt wait to try it... How disappointing!!! When i put it on, it "magically" enlarges/emphasizes all my porez (and pores i didnt know i had appears)!!!! I saw a review that said i had to use their kabuki brush to get the effect, so I even went out and bought the brush! Still sucks. It is OK as a concealer, but I would not recommend it as a foundation... yuck!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2004 5:02:00 PM More reviews by nkhan89

It doesn't do what it says it will in regards to adequately covering like your foundation would; however, it does work well as a finishing powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2004 4:04:00 PM More reviews by mariana85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I've been using this product for about a year now and I have mixed feelings about it. I originally started with #2.3 and now have moved on to #3 because I started tanning more regularly. I figured this color would have golden undertones (like 2.3, which I liked) - but honestly it seems it has some gray undertones because my face looks so ashy when I put this on! From my neck down I have olive toned (Latina) skin and from my neck up this made me look like I had seen a ghost, not hot.
Coverage-wise, use wisely because this tends to cake on and settle into fine lines IMO.
Packaging - absolutely horrible! Half of the product is sitting on my dresser and a fourth of it goes on my shirt every morning. LOL - seriously though, packaging = boo.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Madisonrocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using BE (and other mineral foundations) for about five years & my skin has never looked better. For me, this foundation is much easier and fast to apply than liquid. These look very natural on my normal-to-dry skin. I do need to mention that if you let your moisturizer "sink in" for a few minutes this foundation does apply easier. I do not have any issues with fine lines yet or blemishes, so, I cannot say how this foundation would work in those cases. Get samples first!!!
Takes a while to get the hang of application.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2004 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Barbara4803

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this stuff. I like the concept but hate the product. I've tried it several times with the same results. I have oily skin with rosacea. The last time I wore it I went to get mu hair cut. The shampoo girl said "you look like you've been in the tanning bed too long" My stylist said "In 26 yeas I've never seen you without make-up" My friend and her colorist said "my God your face is red" I live close to a BE boutique so I've had plenty of lessons on how to apply this stuff. I can't imagine why it's so popular with some people.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2004 7:53:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

Okay product. Not good if you have serious skin issues though. It still feels like I have makeup on which the BE company claims it feels like nothing on. I get as oily as I do with any other foundation. It also makes every pore on my face stick out. #3 is too dark for my NC35 skin, #2 is better for me. Also #3 is a bit too orange for my olive toned skin.