September 21, 2014 | 1009 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

Works great for my oily skin. It's true that a little goes a long way. For those who take issue with the packaging and the small hole dispenser- I actually find this design to be perfect. It eliminates the mess and potential waste of fly-away product if you're traveling. I simply take the lid off, turn the bottom half upside-down, and tap it into the lid, two to three times. This releases a very small amount, but a small amount is all you need. I then dust it on with a large fluffy powder brush. So simple!

I purchased this over one month ago, and have scarcely made a dent in the product. I honestly expect this one container to last me AT LEAST several months, if not half the year! I can't say whether this is my HG finishing powder, only because I have little experience in the department...but it sure seems like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by hbarak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I noticed most of the reviews are from oily skinned ladies, so I wanted to write one because I have dry (and getting drier sigh) skin. This powder is great because it doesn't make my skin feel or look dry. It sets my makeup for the entire day, and I did seem to shrink my pores some. Mostly, I love the soft focus finish that makes me look like I have flawless skin-and that it feels so comfortable on my face. So if you have dry or combinations skin-this powder will feel great on our entire face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by richwhiteness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder has changed my life. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Lilikoi7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST finishing powder EVER. It keeps me stubbornly shine free! Even if I get hot and sweaty, after I cool down I still don't look greasy! This has also helped "seal" my face on. My makeup stays put all day! I haven't had any breakout issues whatsoever. I believe it may be helping my skin keep clear and soft. I couldn't be happier with this!!! HG!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by AlisonMarie95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

this is by far the best finishing powder i have used. absorbs oil instantly and keepsface looking shine free MUCH longer than any other powders (about 6hrs). also i love how it only has one dispensing hole so you dont get a ton of product on your brush when you only need a light dusting. would definitely recomend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by almostcosmic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used the term holy grail to describe several products....until I used this. THIS is my HG product, hands down.
I have an obnoxiously oily T-zone. My nose is such an oil slick and it breaks out easily in blackheads. Super not attractive. I have tried everything. Scrubs, blots, powder, foundations, everything. Nothing works long term and most things end up caking up looking gross. The oil got so bad, I found myself trying to ghetto wash my face every few hours which just made everything alot worse. I don't even remember how I heard about this. I recognized it at Sephora and when I felt how smooth my skin felt with it on I decided to give it a try.
Wow...WOW!!! This stuff is a miracle. I put this on my face alone most days, or with foundation on special occasions and I don't get shiny....period...EVER. At most I get a few teeny tiny pricks of shine on my nose after like 8 hours at work, but you would seriously need to be sitting in my lap to see them...and that would just be weird. Not only does this control shine, but my skin has improved in a major way. I do not get the break outs I used to suffer and my skin is radiant. Seriously, did I say HG?
Now a few things, when you put this on, you do kinda get this powdery frosted look, but it goes away quickly, and sets to a natural finish. I have only one complaint. The sifter for this product has only one hole, so it can take a while to get the hang of dispensing product. I recommend tapping it on your hand then using the brush to tap the excess off the lid before you open it. This is super fine stuff so even breathing deeply around an open container will send little white puffs everywhere.

If you have oily skin and are near a Sephora, check this stuff out. You wont be sorry. Runs around $28 (this will last a long time) and worth every single penny of that price.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by jskellis

I'd just like to note first that my skin is oilier than Kuwait. I can't believe it, but for the first time ever in my search for an oil control product that actually controls oil for more than an hour, that I can actually say I've found a holy grail.

I have pools of oil on my skin if I don't blot hourly, no matter what primer I use or mattifying lotion or makeup I try, for high end to low, nothing has actually kept the oil away. And I never could really blame them, considering how oily my face is.

But Smooth Operator has seemed to defy the laws of physics for me- never EVER has a product kept my skin matte for 3-4 hours. I blot 2-3 times per day instead of 12. And after blotting, my skin again becomes matte and glowy instead of caked and still covered in a thin sheen of oil that my napkins or blotting papers just can't get at.

I put it on directly after my mattifying sunscreen and then follow with my ELF powder correcter and L'Oreal True Match pressed powder. I only have to reapply as a touch up after 6-8 hours. Incredible!

as an oily skinned person, am still in awe at this product and I might just start hording this because the thought of them discontinuing it already terrifies me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by GMJAG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is SO amazing! I have very oily skin and remember in class wiping away the oil from my T-zone countless times in embarrassment! Well, this lovely powder has changed my life! I am being 100% honest, this is the BEST oil stopper ever. It costs $28.00, and you may gawk at the price but this stuff WORKS. It has 5 or 6 ingredients. It will last you FOREVER. Ok, I have used it nearly every day since August, and its December now and I have, like 4 or 5 months worth left. It keeps me matte for 7 to 8 hours. I don't expect 24 hour oil control, but hey, it lasts me through the day and when I get home I am ready to wash my face so it doesn't really matter. The reviews on here speak the truth. This powder is amazing!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by stephaniegoesgrr

I know that all of the oily girls are preaching about this. It does to wonders for oily skin. However I have normal skin and find this product to be the most versatile product I own. I HG for sure. I will never go without this. This is my greatest weapon to keep slippery makeup put, just the way i put it on, untill I wash it off. This product can turn soso drug store eyeliners, cream shadows, cream blushes, concealers, foundations, really anything into hi end quality lasting powder. I have a few eyeliners that I love the color of but they just won't stay put. I could set them with an eyeshadow but it defeats the purpose of buying unique colors like forest greens and demin blues if you have to cover it up with a different color powder. This is also true with cream shadows and blushes. This product instantly locks the creams down without compromising color. I can go on for days about it. I can't believe that there isnt more hype about this. Simply Amazing

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by spyral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great finishing powder. It really is the best powder I have found to control my overly oily summer skin. And as things have cooled down, it makes my skin look absolutely flawless and does make may pores appear smaller. I've been using it everyday over the past 9 months and I have hardly put a dent in it, so you get a lot of bang for your buck. I've noticed complaints about the container but it works like mineral powders. While it is closed, turn it upside-down, tap it a few times, and then twist open lid-down. Voila!