December 20, 2014 | 840 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so happy I found this product. Tarte is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands and I knew I needed a new powder to take the place of my Make Up For Ever HD Finishing Powder. This is a very close dupe. It has the ultra fine texture that evens out your skin tone and sets your makeup for hours. My only gripe is the packaging. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get the product out of one single hole in the packaging. It finally occured to me to press down on the sides of the sifter and the product will dispense out the hole. DUH! No biggie though. I am loving Tarte and can see myself buying this again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

In my opinion, this powder gives a slightly more natural finish than the MUFE microfinish powder, their oil control ability is very similar, This works best if the makeup applied before this powder is done nicely, since the powder can accentuate dry skin patches. This powder is supposed to be "good for skin" but I didn't see much change in my skin condition after using this for around 3 months. The tiny hole from which the powder comes out distributes just the right amount for each application with a large powder brush, since you only need very little. It can also make your neck look flawness if you put it over any makeup on the neck area. Also, it comes with a huge amount of product, still looks brand new after 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by amany12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this product. I have mildly oily skin and prefer a loose powder to a pressed. This product controls my shine all day, sets my makeup and gives me a very natural finish. I put it on in the morning and don't have to blot my face or retouch up my makeup all day. The only problem is when you get to the end of the powder it gets harder and harder to get it out; that is kind of annoying, but other than that I love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

After reading all the good reviews, i was hoping this powder can be the answer of my super oily nose. After using it for three days, i can only sadly say that this product has made no different at all on my face. It was really worth the try though..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by TanyaSummers

This powder conceals shine unlike anything I have ever used before. It really keeps oil at bay for a long period of time. Sometimes I notice that it can start to look dry or patchy in certain areas of my face which is why I'm not giving it a 5. I seriously couldn't believe it lived up to expectations in keeping me from getting shiny on my nose and t-zone which I've had problems with the last couple of years. I haven't noticed it to cause breakouts or anything yet and I have acne prone skin, but have only been using it for about a month when I decided to try out a bunch of Tarte products. I think if you need something for shine or oily skin, this is definitely something you should try out and see if you like it. Also, the packaging is great because you never get too much powder and waste it. One time I accidentally pressed down on the top and powder puffed out everywhere which was disappointing, but if you just tap it out you get the perfect amount in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by ChennyPenn

LOVE IT. It controls the oil around my nose very well, and does a decent job on my forehead, which is usually an oil slick by like 12pm. It leaves a smooth, matte finish which for some reason helps to brighten my complexion (is there shimmer in there that I'm not seeing?).

I haven't noticed any change in my pore size, but hey, it does what I bought it to do (finish and mattefy), and for that it gets A+++.

Oh, and the packaging is pretty darn brilliant. They should patent it if it hasn't been patented already. I do 3 firm taps, lid towards palm, unscrew jar from lid (bc it's still upside down), and voila, perfect amount of powder. The powder is packaged a little tighter when it's new, so you might have to tap a few extra times in the beginning. Really no biggie.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my Oily to normal combo skin. I kind of liked it at first because it felt light and smooth. But after about 2 weeks of use I realized it was drying out my skin. I had dry patches on my cheeks, forehead and just pretty much where ever I put this powder. I was disappointed since so many combo-oily skin girls loved this. But I guess the silica or kaolin clay was drying my skin out? not sure. My LM loose powder doesn't seem to have either of these two ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

Works great for my oily skin. It's true that a little goes a long way. For those who take issue with the packaging and the small hole dispenser- I actually find this design to be perfect. It eliminates the mess and potential waste of fly-away product if you're traveling. I simply take the lid off, turn the bottom half upside-down, and tap it into the lid, two to three times. This releases a very small amount, but a small amount is all you need. I then dust it on with a large fluffy powder brush. So simple!

I purchased this over one month ago, and have scarcely made a dent in the product. I honestly expect this one container to last me AT LEAST several months, if not half the year! I can't say whether this is my HG finishing powder, only because I have little experience in the department...but it sure seems like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by hbarak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I noticed most of the reviews are from oily skinned ladies, so I wanted to write one because I have dry (and getting drier sigh) skin. This powder is great because it doesn't make my skin feel or look dry. It sets my makeup for the entire day, and I did seem to shrink my pores some. Mostly, I love the soft focus finish that makes me look like I have flawless skin-and that it feels so comfortable on my face. So if you have dry or combinations skin-this powder will feel great on our entire face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by richwhiteness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder has changed my life. HG.