October 25, 2014 | 1814 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

After reading all the good reviews, i was hoping this powder can be the answer of my super oily nose. After using it for three days, i can only sadly say that this product has made no different at all on my face. It was really worth the try though..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by TanyaSummers

This powder conceals shine unlike anything I have ever used before. It really keeps oil at bay for a long period of time. Sometimes I notice that it can start to look dry or patchy in certain areas of my face which is why I'm not giving it a 5. I seriously couldn't believe it lived up to expectations in keeping me from getting shiny on my nose and t-zone which I've had problems with the last couple of years. I haven't noticed it to cause breakouts or anything yet and I have acne prone skin, but have only been using it for about a month when I decided to try out a bunch of Tarte products. I think if you need something for shine or oily skin, this is definitely something you should try out and see if you like it. Also, the packaging is great because you never get too much powder and waste it. One time I accidentally pressed down on the top and powder puffed out everywhere which was disappointing, but if you just tap it out you get the perfect amount in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by ChennyPenn

LOVE IT. It controls the oil around my nose very well, and does a decent job on my forehead, which is usually an oil slick by like 12pm. It leaves a smooth, matte finish which for some reason helps to brighten my complexion (is there shimmer in there that I'm not seeing?).

I haven't noticed any change in my pore size, but hey, it does what I bought it to do (finish and mattefy), and for that it gets A+++.

Oh, and the packaging is pretty darn brilliant. They should patent it if it hasn't been patented already. I do 3 firm taps, lid towards palm, unscrew jar from lid (bc it's still upside down), and voila, perfect amount of powder. The powder is packaged a little tighter when it's new, so you might have to tap a few extra times in the beginning. Really no biggie.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my Oily to normal combo skin. I kind of liked it at first because it felt light and smooth. But after about 2 weeks of use I realized it was drying out my skin. I had dry patches on my cheeks, forehead and just pretty much where ever I put this powder. I was disappointed since so many combo-oily skin girls loved this. But I guess the silica or kaolin clay was drying my skin out? not sure. My LM loose powder doesn't seem to have either of these two ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

Works great for my oily skin. It's true that a little goes a long way. For those who take issue with the packaging and the small hole dispenser- I actually find this design to be perfect. It eliminates the mess and potential waste of fly-away product if you're traveling. I simply take the lid off, turn the bottom half upside-down, and tap it into the lid, two to three times. This releases a very small amount, but a small amount is all you need. I then dust it on with a large fluffy powder brush. So simple!

I purchased this over one month ago, and have scarcely made a dent in the product. I honestly expect this one container to last me AT LEAST several months, if not half the year! I can't say whether this is my HG finishing powder, only because I have little experience in the department...but it sure seems like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by hbarak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I noticed most of the reviews are from oily skinned ladies, so I wanted to write one because I have dry (and getting drier sigh) skin. This powder is great because it doesn't make my skin feel or look dry. It sets my makeup for the entire day, and I did seem to shrink my pores some. Mostly, I love the soft focus finish that makes me look like I have flawless skin-and that it feels so comfortable on my face. So if you have dry or combinations skin-this powder will feel great on our entire face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by richwhiteness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder has changed my life. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Lilikoi7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST finishing powder EVER. It keeps me stubbornly shine free! Even if I get hot and sweaty, after I cool down I still don't look greasy! This has also helped "seal" my face on. My makeup stays put all day! I haven't had any breakout issues whatsoever. I believe it may be helping my skin keep clear and soft. I couldn't be happier with this!!! HG!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by AlisonMarie95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

this is by far the best finishing powder i have used. absorbs oil instantly and keepsface looking shine free MUCH longer than any other powders (about 6hrs). also i love how it only has one dispensing hole so you dont get a ton of product on your brush when you only need a light dusting. would definitely recomend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by almostcosmic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used the term holy grail to describe several products....until I used this. THIS is my HG product, hands down.
I have an obnoxiously oily T-zone. My nose is such an oil slick and it breaks out easily in blackheads. Super not attractive. I have tried everything. Scrubs, blots, powder, foundations, everything. Nothing works long term and most things end up caking up looking gross. The oil got so bad, I found myself trying to ghetto wash my face every few hours which just made everything alot worse. I don't even remember how I heard about this. I recognized it at Sephora and when I felt how smooth my skin felt with it on I decided to give it a try.
Wow...WOW!!! This stuff is a miracle. I put this on my face alone most days, or with foundation on special occasions and I don't get shiny....period...EVER. At most I get a few teeny tiny pricks of shine on my nose after like 8 hours at work, but you would seriously need to be sitting in my lap to see them...and that would just be weird. Not only does this control shine, but my skin has improved in a major way. I do not get the break outs I used to suffer and my skin is radiant. Seriously, did I say HG?
Now a few things, when you put this on, you do kinda get this powdery frosted look, but it goes away quickly, and sets to a natural finish. I have only one complaint. The sifter for this product has only one hole, so it can take a while to get the hang of dispensing product. I recommend tapping it on your hand then using the brush to tap the excess off the lid before you open it. This is super fine stuff so even breathing deeply around an open container will send little white puffs everywhere.

If you have oily skin and are near a Sephora, check this stuff out. You wont be sorry. Runs around $28 (this will last a long time) and worth every single penny of that price.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No