September 18, 2014 | 1015 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I had to completely delete my review because my opinion has changed so much that it's embarrassing. I did not like this foundation at all, I don't know why, but now I love it. It has great coverage and amazing lasting power. It's inexpensive and great quality. It applies nicely with a buffing brush and blends well. When it dries it's a natural finish that isn't cakey. I'm loving this foundation and will continue to buy it!

Warning: the ivory is not ivory. It is more of a buff as it has yellow undertones, not porcelain or pink. They should really add a lighter shade, even in the wake me up foundation, ivory is pretty dark.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The price for this product is good (around $6) but you get what you pay for. The shade range is terrible and I hated how it felt on my skin. The coverage was very light and my face still felt sticky. The finish was really dewy and I could not imagine it would last all day on oily skin. I would not recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by colleenkelley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a regular user of Revlon Colorstay, and while I liked it and bought it repeatedly, I was always looking for something better. I first bought this foundation about 8 months ago. I found a perfect match for my skin tone and applied the way I applied my Colorstay - with a non-latex wedge sponge.

I hated it. It clumped on my cheeks, collected in the (very fine, almost unnoticable unless I was wearing this) lines around my mouth. It felt like I'd spread Elmer's glue all over my face. The coverage was nice, but it was just way too thick. I stuck it in with my other "emergency" cosmetics, which I do since I hate throwing anything away, and went out and bought a jar of the Colorstay Whipped. Which I loved, once I learned to apply it with my MAC 187 Duo-Fibre (aka "skunk") brush. Then I noticed that it wasn't really staying. By mid-morning I would have bare patches on each side of my nose where the oil seeped through and wore the makeup away. (I have combination skin, but I'm not terribly oily, and I do use primer.) It would collect in the tiny hairs around my eyebrows and looked really strange. So, back to the drawing board.

Then on a whim I decided to try and apply the old Rimmel stuff with my skunk brush. I applied primer, let it sit for a few minutes, then dotted this foundation on my forehead, cheeks, chin, nose, etc. Using the brush, I swirled it around and buffed it in until - well, it looked just like my skin, only better. No weird globs, no sinking into otherwise-invisible lines. Just a dab of concealer under my eyes and a tiny bit of translucent mineral powder keeps this stuff on ALL. DAY. LONG. And I glow!

So I'm glad I didn't toss this. I like it better than any of the versions of Colorstay I've tried, and I've tried them all (even that horrible whipped mousse stuff). The color matches me perfectly, and I just checked my face in a mirror. I've had this stuff on for 9 hours, and it hasn't budged. I haven't even had to blot my T-zone. I will definitely repurchase this for as long as they keep making it (which, now that I've decided I love it, will probably only be another month or so, because that's how my luck goes).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by thejazzshak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product. It stayed on my skin 5-6 hour which is decent, matched me perfectly, and was relatively cheap. BUT it cakes. Very badly. not to mention it also broke me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation in the glass jar with the pump, boots had a 3 for 2 offer going on and I needed a third. I tried it in store and it seemed to have a nice finish and not come off after rubbing my hand (also no transfer!). It all seemed great until i tried it at home with better lighting; the lightest product in 100 Ivory is still too dark for me :( I hate wasting products so in desperation i have mixed it in with my revlon colorstay and they work wonderfully together! Much better than either on their own. Colorstay is too matte and clings to my dry skin and 25 hours is too oily... So together...magic! They are both also very long lasting which enhances each other and so far they have been working well. I also use EL double wear and that's wonderful too but im a student and need to buy cheaper products! I'll be back if the product breaks me out or is worse than i thought xx

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by iuliaandrada

This is one of the best foundations I ever had. Medium coverage and natural look. Before this I was using Mac Studio Fluid and I must admit I prefer Rimmel, also the price is 3 times cheaper... Studio Fix Fluid had a better 'perfect' coverage but it also looked unnatural and oily after ~15 mins, blah.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by lecksi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this foundation the first time I applied it. I always have a hard time finding drugstore foundations that are going to match my skin tone. I'm fair but I have warm undertones and most foundations are too pink, but this one matched well. The lasting power was good. I had no problems with it moving or sliding off. But that became my problem. When I would go to wash my face at night, it wouldn't come off. I had to scrub my face several times and when it did come off it looked as if I was wearing a layer of clay on my face. It's just way too thick for me. If you're seeking a heavy duty foundation then this would probably be your go to. It didn't clog me up or anything, just didn't budge and I prefer lighter coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Revlon Photo ready-Golden Beige or Medium Beige
Very yellow-golden-beige undertoned skin, more on the medium side rather than tan
Combination skin, but peels and flakes when it gets too dry
Okay, so first of all I'm really liking this foundation, especially its price: $7 at Target! Haha, it has really yellow pigmentation, but not Simpsons yellow like some MAC foundations. Very matte!! Sometimes too matte which makes the foundation hard to blend, but overall, a great foundation. The coverage is AMAZING! I used to have some acne and kinda burned my skin by using toothpaste which left dark scars, but this foundation covers it really well. Plus it looks pretty natural, which is awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by makeuplover910

This product was okay. When I applied it at 7.30am it went on very smoothly and had good coverage but it was quite greasy. At around 12.00pm it became very oily and patchy. The foundation looked extremely patchy and when I blended it in most of the product came off which ruined its great coverage. Overall I would not repurchase.

Pros:
•full coverage
•Applies even
•Looks natural when first applies

Cons:
•Too much product looks cakey.
•Gets patchy as the day goes on.
•Greasy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by sahbeauty

I bought this foundation after I heard a good video about it from TheMakeupChair on youtube. I first wore it to a party and by the time I got home it was still on with a great coverage! When I first applied it, it was so easy to blend it and the coverage was great! I have the foundation in the tube rather than the bottle but is okay. I'd rather the bottle but I couldn't find it at my drugstore. But I love this foundation I think it's perfect, it definitely lasts!
I recommend this to anyone!