Guerlain 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is absolutely incredible! Absolutely Holy Grail! It is best if you have a good skin care regimen- I use Ole Henriken's 3 Little Wonders. I do love my MUFE HD foundation, but it doesn't compare to the Lingerie de Peau. This foundation leaves me feeling so confident and beautiful! Completely worth the price.

on 8/8/2013 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous Guerlain packaging - feels incredibly luxurious, and the wee pump is perfect: one push will cover my whole face.
I think other reviewers are right when they say that the colour selection isn't the greatest, however 01 Beige Pale matches my skin PERFECTLY so I can't complain!

I think the formula is wonderful: it's a creamy liquid that really does melt into the skin - ALL other foundations I've tried sit on my skin to some extent, no matter how much blending, but this takes very little work to apply and it looks amazing - super easy to blend and buildable (although quite a light coverage overall). It covers imperfections whilst still letting your skin shine through - doesn't look like you're wearing makeup - it really is what I've been searching for for years! It's very lightly fragranced, so if you have really sensitive skin, perhaps you should try a sample first just in case...

Price is high, but I really do think it's worth it. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

UPDATE: I've noticed that this foundation oxidises a TINY bit - and I really do mean tiny. I personally don't mind as I actually find that it gives me a bit of subtle colour, but if you have any doubts, you should definitely try a sample as it is quite an expensive foundation... (that said, I'm still absolutely in love with it!)

UPDATE 2: I'm finding I get a gorgeous result in application by actually mixing this with my Meteorites primer (1:1) and then applying by hand - just smoothing it into the skin like I would with the primer alone. I then add a little more over areas that need slightly more coverage, and I'm done - seriously flawless finish!!!

UPDATE 3: After playing around with application, I have found perfection: I mix the foundation with my Estee Lauder Illuminating Primer, and then apply with my hands - it is THE most subtle and long wearing application I've found! Absolutely perfect!

on 7/3/2013 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Man I really REALLY wanted this foundation to work for me

-BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL texture. This stuff literally melts into your skin tone, covers well, and yet is still not visible to the eye. amazing!
-Gorgeous bottle, awesome pump

-EXPENSIVE, dang this was one of the most expensive foundations ive ever bought at 60 buckaroons x.x and it would be worth it I think if it were compatible with my skin type but its not. As I have mentioned countless times before my skin breakdowns most foundations and Guerlain's was no exception and for 60 bucks I dont think it's really worth it
... for me that is
-The color range is pretty bad, the shade closest to my skin pulled kind of light and too beige

Would definitely reccomend this to the normal skinned ladies!

This is currently my favorite foundation. 01 Beige Pale is an absolute perfect match for me (MAC NC15). I wasn't sure I would like this foundation since I read it was a medium coverage at most, but I was pleasantly surprised. When I apply this with my Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush, it does an amazing job of covering up all of the rosacea on my cheeks, and redness on my chin. It doesn't feel heavy at all, yet it lasts all day without ever wearing off. I do have a really oily t-zone, but as long as I set this with powder, I have no issues whatsoever.

on 6/22/2013 8:40:00 AM

Amazing. This foundation is amazing. I have the number 12 and it's perfect for my pink undertone. It's like a second skin, light, silky, and it gives my skin a flawless look. Really: my skin but better. The coverage is light to medium, but it works brilliantly even in my very dark under eye area, prepares my skin for the concealer. It's really astonishing, best foundation on my skin. Used it on a friend for her wedding day, even if there's SPF (summer wedding): she was amazing, the foundation acted really well all day, and it's good in photo. Would DEFINITELY buy this again.

on 5/28/2013 11:59:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation! I stumbled upon a YouTube review of it and boy am I happy I did. The girl that reviewed it had acne prone skin with acne marks and it made her skin look flawless; that was the only reason I purchased it is because she and I have similar skin types and it looked so great on her.
Since it is only available online and I wasn't sure of my color, I called the Sephora 1800 number and one of their beauty associates helped me get the perfect color which is 03.
Some of the other reviewers say that it is sheer and light coverage, but I find it to be a pretty buildable coverage when you just add a little bit of concealer to the problem spots (in my case acne marks).
Unfortunately, it is not my holy grail foundation, I have been yet to find that. It seems to make my T-zone oily after about 4 hours and it does settle into my fine lines around my mouth. I've found that it applies much better with a beauty blender rather than my Sigma F80 that I was using.
My skin is currently going through treatments (I'm alternating photofacials and glycolic peels every two weeks) which could be the reason why the foundation isn't exactly making my skin "flawless" per say.
Regardless, I will definitely be buying this again (even with the unnecessary hefty price tag) because I think it is an amazing foundation and has great potential for my skin once I get finished with my treatments.

on 5/26/2013 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE!!!! This is my second bottle and I love it so much!!! The most natural finish you can get, I am serious! It just melts into your skin. I have very oily skin but it's not bad though, does not melt away. I do have to use blotting sheets but I usually do with any foundation. I put it on at 6:30 am and at 8 pm it still looks great! I kid you not!! It covers acne, acne scars, discoloration, etc... not completely covers it but if it would, it would look unnatural... One HUGE minus is the price but it's worth it. A little goes the long way!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation! I have quite oily skin as of late and have been looking for a foundation that keeps me from getting super shiny. I didn't expect much from a product that is "underwear for skin" could that possibly have enough coverage or lasting power? Well, it does. I have tried EVERY long wear foundation, somehow this one beats them all. It makes my skin look so good and naturally perfect. It doesn't have more than light-medium coverage, though, so I would avoid if you need a more fuller coverage formula. If you're looking for your-skin-but-better in a LONG LASTING formula, look no further! It is worth every penny of it's outrageously expensive price <3

on 4/26/2013 10:25:00 PM

This is a very sheer, very lightweight foundation. I love the smell and the look of it when it is freshly applied. I use fingers then a round kabuki foundation brush to buff over everything in circular motions. However, it doesn't stand up too well in very humid climates or if you're prone to perspiring, like I am. I like it but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with very oily skin, or who is looking for a medium to full coverage, super durable foundation. I usually switch to Diorskin Forever when I know I'll be out the whole day and need my base makeup to last from morning to evening.

on 3/15/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I went to a department store here in the Netherlands trying to find a more moisturizing foundation than the Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation, as i found it too drying for my skin. Due to the consisting freezing temperatures, my skin has gotten extremely dry and unfortunately the foundation was too mat for my skin.

I bought the Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation, and luckily the SA added a sample so i could try it out for a couple of days before using the bottle in case it might break me out.

When i got home i tried it and i really loved the finish of it, slightly dewy but not too dewy but the coverage was not what i was used to with the Chanel one. But i layered it and it made my acne scaring less noticeable and it just looked more clear.

The SA gave me a generous sample, i've used it for 4 days, but as the days went on i got less enthusiastic. It didn't break me out at all, i even think that it cleared my skin out. But it might also be due to the fact that i wasn't using the chanel foundation anymore, and that my break outs got caused by that foundation.

Now back to my point, i applied the foundation around 7 am, worked for 4 hours and when by the time i got home and was looking at the foundation i saw that it sat on dry patches and nearly disappeared on the non dry parts of my skin, and the non dry parts aren't oily at all. So that was really disappointing, especially since this did not cause any break outs and it looks really nice when just applied.

Maybe it was due to the fact that i did not use a primer or setting powder, but i don't take the time for that in the morning.