December 21, 2014 | 1790 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by dlgdcpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is as good as it will ever get for me. I've tried: Bobbi Brown (many formula's, need the yellow tones), Lancome Rengerie, UD Naked (most recently), YSL TE, Dior Nude Glow (close to this, not as good though). Of all of these, and many were very good on some fronts, this is the best overall. It has med coverage if you use a brush, sheer if you use fingers, and it leaves a slightly, slightly glowy finish. Importantly, it does not settle into lines at all, like Lancome Rengerie, but unlike that fdtn, this lasts the whole day. It is not terribly mositurizing, maybe it isn't at all - I use Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 for very dry skin underneath and this has just a touch of shine sometimes show through on my nose. But at my age I like dewy, not matte. I would highly suggest this, I am NC25, UD Naked 4.0 (a little dark), Dior Glow in the "2" range, and 03 in this. Colors look good to me, though the numbering is puzzling. EDIT: this is not the right color and it is too much coverage. Went to Givenchy Airy Light.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Eh - I was looking for a good light natural foundation. I would research for hours for a good one and wished there was a blog showing a girl showing how she looked with various foundations. My wish was granted when I found temptalia.com. I studied all the various foundations she used and selected my favorite. It was lingerie de peau. Upon seeing the price, I tried to get over it. But, I thought, if I invest in a good foundation, I won't have to keep buying crappy DS foundations.

So I bought the foundation. I first bought the wrong color.. there is a small range, so if you happen to match, then great. Anyway, I returned it and got the right color.

When I used it, I didn't really think that much of it. It's okay. I feel like I can find something similair at a DS or a cheaper dep store. The smell is nice. But it dries too quickly. It's just okay. I have somewhat oily skin, so there were times when it looked a bit... cakey?

Good for: people who want light coverage foundation that smells good. People who can risk paying the large amount. You may just be dissapointed.

Not for: people who want medium-heavy coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I think most people can agree that Guerlain has some great face products but poor color range. I got a sample of this in #2 from Sephora and was intrigued because I am not a foundation junkie. I try to avoid strong, potentially harmful chemicals in skin and foundation products and never look into brands like this. I honestly do not have most of the ingredients in this product but am pretty pleased to see it is void of some that I try to avoid. The sample was wonderful. I was so sad when it ran out and vowed to get a full size. The colors, however, are limited. I am about an NC20. I am pale and yellow but have redness in my face. #2 was the closest but it is a tad too beige and I need more yellow. #31 has more yellow but is too light. It still works for me though because it blends in and helps my face match my pale neck. I know there is #32 in Asia (or something like that) but I cannot find it here. That would probably work for me. Other than the color, the foundation is fragranced (not a fan) but it fades. The foundation does not melt off and looks natural. It has been the best foundation so far for my dry skin. Dry patches are still apparent but less, and it appears to glide over flaws in the face. I think the finish woud be more flawless if it were the correct color match. Lighter foundations tend to highlight imperfections (of course right?). I think it is worth the price because I would pay for something that works for me rather than get a lot of things that don't. The bottle is heavy and nice but simple and nothing major. Please Guerlain, more yellow based colors in the US. I use flat buffing brushes and lightly set with Laura Mercier mineral powder...setting helps but may not be necessary for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by k_ten

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best foundation I have used in a LONG time. For the longest time, I've been using Too Faced powder foundation. It was the *exact* color of my skin, and, I could (using Shiseido foundation brush) stipple it into my problem/discoloration areas and still look like I wasn't really wearing much/any makeup.

Well, (darnit), I got a sample of this pricey stuff from Sephora - and gave it a try on half my face (powder on the other half). I asked my husband which side looked best, and immediately (no thought) pointed to the Lingerie side. Huh? He said 'your skin looks so much smoother and fresher on that side'. What? Now - let's get this straight. A MAN could tell the difference. immediately.

Bought it that day in full size. Still using it. This is what I think a BB cream wants to be (I've tried them all - meh). Light, slightly luminous, lasts all day; looks fresh and just 'better you', but not made up. Doesn't need a dusting of powder to set it. You *can* build it up, but I don't know that you really need to. The great news is a teeny, tiny bit goes a long, long way. I have to always remember to just squirt out the tiniest amount so I don't end up wasting it.

I use Urban Decay's primer underneath, and my skin has never looked so pore-less. Where has this stuff been all my life?

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love! Just love! My favorite liquid foundation product so far. Lighter satiny coverage. I am NW25-30ish (without any sun) and wear 03. 03 is a "hair" light but definitely "close enough". (In late summer I can wear 04.)

The packaging is very nice-heavy glass pump bottle. I apply either with my fingers or with the Shiseido foundation brush. My skin is mostly dry with the occasional late day t-zone shiney and really likes this foundation.

I wear this either with the Guerlain Meteorites Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer for a gorgeous "illuminated" look, or with Hourglass No. 28 Serum Primer. Both play well with this foundaton.

For a luxury line, not overly spendy (about $58).

Glides on and blends like a dream-skin but better. Flawless coverage. Not much else to say other than perfection in a bottle. Guerlain does not have an extensive shade range though, so definitely "try before you buy". Shades starting with 0 are "neutral/beigey". Shades starting with 3 are "yellowy". Shades starting with 1 are "pinky". Notwithstanding that I am NW in MAC, the Guerlain 1 shades were all way too pink for me, the 0 shades are a much better match.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by nartime

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had bought this in color 32 when in Europe. Is ok but not quite my color although the foundation is great. So, now I purchased 31 since it is available in the USA (thanks whomever thought of this we needed this color here!), and it is fenomenal! I'm oiliy, middle forties, no wrinkles but a little discoloration or "freckles". Also, for reference, I'm NC15 in MAC and this color if you look at the bottle you'll say "no way", well it blends beautifully and I've been told I look so "radiant" and "natural". I say this one is a keeper. I you have yellow undertones, try this one. Thanks Guerlain! By the way, I settle this with Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Sand SPF15.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by kaycee66

WHOA WHOA WHOA, they have more than 6 shades??!!

Guerlain is probably my favourite brand. From the packaging, colours, unique products (the Meteorites pearls was my favourite Christmas gift YEARS ago, and still love them!), and beautiful limited edition palettes, I could not help but come back to it every time I feel lost.

(I am a lighter Asian, not the lightest, but with more pink undertones than yellow).

So, I was waiting and waiting and waiting for Giorgio Armani Maestro to come out...I actually only wore powder for a few days...and couldn't wait anymore so I went back to Guerlain via the Duty Free shop at the airport.

The SA recognized me she said...not a good sign...but colour matched me to either Beige Clair 2 or 3...It was end of the summer, and I was caught in between. I opted for #3, and mix it with my Clinique Even Better foundation in Fair #2 (which is quite pink). The colour is now great, but I'd prefer not to have to be a potion mixologist every morning.

And then I read MUA reviews to see that there are more colours? I have a feeling I might be a Rose Clair, but yet to try.

TIPS:

A sheer veil is all that is required. Give it a few minutes to set.
Use a small amount of powder to finish.
Lasts all day long without feeling cakey, nor does it sit in my lines.
Has a matte, powdery, but natural finish.

I love it, but I suggest that any time you can get a sample, always try it for a week in your routine before you commit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Without exaggeration, the most beautiful foundation I own. It gives me a flawless and poreless complexion and looks 100% natural with a satin finish. I have combination dry skin and am a light tan Asian C4/NC30 (more neutral) and purchased in Beige Naturel 03. My preferred tool is the Sephora Pro Airbrush #55, but beautyblender and fingers work fine too. I just can't believe how nice my skin looks and it lasts at least 4 hours before any shine appears and lasts for 8 before I feel I need to reapply powder foundation or concealer. It feels soft and comfortable on my skin, a first!! Most foundations feel too drying on my cheeks or too oily in my T-zone. It's an HG! Hoorah!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

I have used Guerlain Parure Gold, Extreme and Aqua and de Lumière but never this one. I received a sample recently and realized throughout the day my skin looked amazing. I can't get over the finish of this. For some reason I never tried it thinking it would be too sheer for me but it is perfect. My skin was glowing but very natural and coverage is perfect. Fortunately 03 Beige natural is a good match for me. I find with Guerlain foundations a little goes a long way, and playing around with application methods can make all the difference. I had to go ahead and buy this full size. The price tag can be annoying but the quality of the product and amount of time it lasts are worth it in the end.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

My skin has been absolutely freaking out lately and I needed a good foundation for sensitive/combo/dehydrated skin. I splurged and got this one based on others reviews and recommendations.

Color choice - Trying to select the right color based on online swatches is useless. I'm about NC25 right now and I'd compare #31 to NC15. I tried it anyway, just to see if I liked the formulation despite the extreme color difference. Surprisingly, 31 did not look that pale when blended (i use that term loosely as I'll explain later) onto my skin, but I still had to use a bit more bronzer to get back to my natural skintone.

Application - no matter how much I tried to blend this into my skin (on top of my everyday-use primer) it always seed patchy and uneven. I used thinner layers, didn't help. I tried to blend in with my fingers, didn't help.

Finish/Wear - it looked rather dewy after settling into my skin for about 30 minutes, but after I powdered it had a semi-matte finish. But...after only 2 hours of wear I looked oily and cakey. After blotting I still saw cakeyness around my nose, on my cheeks, chin and forehead. I also feel like this accentuates every dry patch on my skin.
I'm fortunate for not having any break outs with this foundation, which is seriously miraculous because I usually break out from every liquid foundation, but that alone is not enough to keep me from returning it.