September 1, 2014 | 1574 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the finish of this product. It literally sinks right into the skin and looks like I'm not even wearing foundation. However, like other reviewers have stated, the shade range for this product is so unfortunate. I'm NC25 with strong yellow Asian undertones and there is no color match for me, so I will not repurchase. But if you can find a color match, this foundation will be perfection. Gives medium coverage, leaves a slightly dewy look. Does not look cakey at all. The bottle is so sleek and gorgeous. I wish they would make this product in more shades because I would love this product forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by greymattergirl

I am so excited to write this review! I fell in love with this foundation immediatly, only to have my heart broken because even the lightest shade was to dark for me, not to mention it oxidizes slightly on my skin making it even darker. I had 2 bottles..I ended up giving one to my mother, and the extra bottle then sat unopened in my closet for almost a year. I've gone a little foundation crazy since then, looking for my HG, and I've found some good ones, but nothing I went crazy over like the Lingere de Peau. Im my collection now I have..Kevyn Aucoin SSE, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Lancome 24hr, MUFE HD and the MUFE Face & Body, Armani Maestro Fusion, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, as well as the Guerlain Parue Extreme (also way to dark in the lightest shade.) Well out of those the MUFE Face & Body has been my favorite..but it is ohh so sheer, and now that its cooling off a bit in FL I thought it would be nice to be able to wear something with more coverage as it won't melt off as badly. (not that the MUFE did, but I really like more coverage.) So I sat here racking my brain, and wondered is there any possible way I can make that Lingere de Peau just slightly lighter so it would work for me? Will I ruin the delicate finish if I do? I decided to try and mix it with the MUFE F&B, as the F&B is ever so slightly light for me. Well folks..it worked like a DREAM!!!!!! It is now the perfect color for me! It mixes soooo easy, and it doesn't ruin the finish of the de Peau at all! There is absolutely zero trace of the MUFE being mixed..because after all, thats one of the many joys of this foundation, the finish, texture, and look of it. I am so beyond elated, there are no words. I can now happily call this foundation my HG for when it's not humid out. I'm kicking myself for giving the other bottle away because now I will most deff be using all of it. I will repurchase this foundation, and ofc will have to also repurchase the F&B, which I would anyways for summer. Lingere de Peau is hands down without a doubt the best foundation I have EVER used. The finish and coverage are absolutely perfect for the results I want in a foundation. I have never had more beautiful looking skin, not to mention what a joy the foundation itself is to use. Soft, silky, so lux..not to mat, not to dewy, great med coverage, and slightly buildable where you may need more. Guerlain has always been my favorite brand of foundation, but I couldnt use a single one of them because of the color range. Im so picky when it comes to foundation and it killed me that the one brand that worked so perfectly for my skin never had shades for my paler skin in any one of their formulas. To mix and apply I simply put 1 pump of the de Peau and maybe a little less than 1 pump of the F&B right on my hand, mixed an applied with a Real Techniques Stippiling Brush and just dabbed on my face and then buffed slightly with the same brush, after it was on and smooth I used my fingers to press the foundation in, as the de Peau 'activates' with body heat. OMG, the result was perfection! I am in bliss right now. I know a lot of other women have the same complaint as I about the color choices, and I had to review so they know if you love this foundation as much as I did, but you happen to be pale, you can make this work for you without ruining the finish of it. Yes, the downside is your buying another pretty pricey foundation to mix with an already very expensive foundation..but when I think of how much Ive spent trying other brands and formulas, its well worth it to me to make this HG work for my coloring. This foundation last well through the day in non-humid climates, it doesnt seperate on me, wears off pretty nice, and doesnt break me out at all, and I have sensitive skin. Im so in love, I cant say it enough! I reccomend everyone try this foundation if you havent already found something your in love with, and for paler girls, this will work if your willing to go the extra mile to mix it with the MUFE. This is perfection in a bottle for my skin! Btw..I have this in the color Rose Clair, and mixed it with the porcelain color in the F&B.

UPDATE: This is now being sold in the states in the color 01 beige pale. It is spot on the perfect color for me, and I dont have to mix anything anymore! Now available at Sephora in this shade and I immedialty purchased it, LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm just writing to note that there really is no appropriate shade in this line for pale skin (what would normally be considered 'ivory' or 'porcelain')... They skip right to beige (think 'buff' in Lancome shades). I think it's important to note this because many SAs will just slather it on over a primer and hope that you're okay with having a very tan face with a not-so-tan neck. It looked passable right after application but half an hour later I was left with an actual orange-toned face, like you get with a bad bronzer. It's a shame because it did feel very soft and natural on my face, but the shade was so incredibly ill-matched.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I'm NC40/42 and was matched to #23 Dore Natural which is close but not perfect - it pulls a tad too orange for me. This is a very nice foundation that feels lightweight and comfortable. The price tag is very high at $58 for a 1oz bottle which is not unreasonable for a special occasion foundation. There are many others which are equally nice but less expensive for every day. For drier skins try the Guerlain Parure foundations. I think this is best for normal to combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by sugarglazed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After hearing much buzz about this product and on a foundation hunt I had to try it. Several days later Im inclined to purchase a full size. For reference Im nc 30, matched to shade #3 with sensitive and dry/combo skin.

I am looking for a foundation that lets MY skin shine through, to look radiant, glowy, healthy and more importantly real. This works wonderfully with my skin, looks very natural and does not break me out!

For anyone with dry to mild combo skin I'd highly recommend checking this out. I am curious to see how it holds up to flash photography but I hope it does not flash back, either way 5 stars!

EDIT:::: This Foundation only matches my skin when I get super tanned/slightly crispy nc30-35ish with some redness in my skin. This has red/brown undertones not yellow. Guerlain has made an amazing foundation with a complete JOKE of a color range. I probably need shade 32 or 33 *which doesnt exist*- they need to amp up their yellow/golden undertone shades.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by SweetNightmares

This is by far the best foundation I've tried! I'm so happy that I finally found something that works wonderfully for me. For reference, I'm an NC37-NC40 & use #23 in this foundation. It provides medium coverage & covers up the hyperpigmentation on my cheeks very well. I use my Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Dore as a finishing powder & my face just glows afterwards =)
Its true that this foundation is very expensive but I've found that I use a little less than a full pump on a daily & theres still PLENTY left.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty much the best foundation I've ever used. I'm very sensitive to cyclopentasiloxane so I'm always looking for foundation without it, and this has none! This doesn't break me out, feels great on my skin, comes in lovely packaging, smells good and looks awesome. It really does blend well with my skin and works over my moisturizer. I'm half Chinese and half Caucasian, so my skin is an odd pale color and I use 02 and it's a really good match. It IS an expensive foundation, but it took me forever to use up, I'd say at least a year of daily use. The pump is great, too, very easy to control. I use one pump for my whole face, two if I feel like I need more coverage. This is a medium coverage foundation and easily sheered out to a tint. Honestly, I love it and would totally buy it again. Good job, Guerlain!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation so much that I've bought the cream version too. It's def not a full coverage foundation. I think it's between an TM and a foundation. It gives coverage, but you can still see your own skin, wich is a good thing! For those with oily skin, this isn't for you.
Tanja

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by incrediblehayat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since my favorite foundation max factor lasting performance was discontinued (or i just can't find it anywhere either in Germany or Turkey, I was looking for a new liquid foundation. I read about this one on a blog but i knew it was very expensive (48 euro in Germany). Just out of pure luck there was a sale on it in a store and I got it for 38 euro (still can't believe it).
the packaging is so pretty, i love it i keep it in the box ( don't know why but sometimes even though i'm not going to use it, i open the box and take a look at it)
I also like the light consistency. it doesn't weigh on your face. one pump covers all of my face. Unfortunately the coverage is light to medium, but it's buildable.
I can say that ingerie de peak is my new favorite foundation and i would repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by gale2509

I picked this up a few weeks ago, unfortunately I didn't select a good colour match and it's really too light for me, however, that's 100% my own fault, can't blame the foundation! So I'm basing my review on everything else bar my incorrect colour matching! The coverage is medium I would say, it's got an excellence finish, its radiance enhancing without making me look overly shiny. I've got combination skin which is especially oily in the t zone in the 46 degree heat we are having here in Bahrain right now. This foundation stands up to the extreme heat well, it hasn't been sliding off my face and actually wears off very evenly. I do have to blot but that's to absolutely be expected in this weather. Im currently mixing a little dr hauschka bronzing concentrate in with it to correct the colour problem but I'm really looking forward to using it minus the bronzing gel and extreme weather in the winter time. I would definitely recommend this foundation.