October 24, 2014 | 1528 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by giggleloop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have sensitive skin, please stay away from this product. Like so many of the other reviewers, this product made no difference what so ever to my hair (expect that my hair smelled awful for the first few days), but the day after I applied this product, my entire face broke out into a rash. I ended up having to go to the dermatologist for a prescription. A week and a half later and the rash hasn't completely cleared up.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i bought this product at walmart for 10$. i expected it to stink, as all chemical processes do. this is not worth the money. its slightly complicated to apply, stinks, kinda burns, and in the end just made my dark wavy shoulder length hair frizzy and crunchy and strawlike. it did not straighten my hair and desperately needs to come with a 3rd step, a deep conditioner youll most defanately need after using this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by anjalibhatia1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never lost SO much hair in my life as I did after trying this product. I was so excited about it and bought it the second it hit the market.
Its now about two months since I first tried it---not only did it not work (the curls in my hair just became limp and course) but my hair has been falling out in CLUMPS. Its only just started to go back to normal. The chemicals smell horrific as you are putting it on. It is simply not natural and damaging to your hair. Save your money and your hair!! I am so sad I ever tried this, and just want my hair back!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by tropicalbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so i initially left a GOOD review a couple of days ago BUT my review on this product has drastically changed. Yes, the first day i was in shock at how good my hair looked but it wasnt until the next day when it hit me. my hair feels so sticky and so gummy. I dont know how well to explain the gummy part but it feels like a rubberband i guess and that is not cool cause my hair is tangled all the time!!! i thought that by adding gloss or shine serum the problem would go away but it doesnt. my hair feels awful :( I have shampooed my hair 3 times since i used it Tuesday the 12th and im so disappointed. Im losing hair. Im never going to buy this again. Save your $$$ and your hair.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by paet06

Before using this product, I read many, many reviews. I was scared to use it after reading them because most are horrible reviews, although there are a few good ones. I think that if you read the directions and the warnings on this product and use it the way you're supposed to, you'll be fine. Definitely read the warnings beforehand because you're not supposed to use it on chemically treated or dyed hair. None of the warnings applied to me so I decided to go for it. I got into the shower, washed my hair, got out, and applied the serum. You're supposed to use the whole bottle at one time but I used about 1/3 of the bottle because I was scared and I didn't feel like I needed any more than that. The directions say that it's normal for this product to smell and after reading reviews, I was expecting a much worse smell. The smell was unpleasnt and smelled of rotten eggs but it wasn't as strong as expected and I just didn't breathe out of my nose for the 20 minutes haha. Than I put on a shower cap, set the alarm on my phone and continued showering and then when my alarm went off, I rinsed out my hair for several minutes and then towel dried. Then I applied the second part, using about 1/3 of it. I let my hair partially air dry and then I began to blow dry it using a big round brush. I have frizzy, poofy, wavy and very thick hair. Normally, I blow dry my hair for about 20 minutes and then use 2 different hair straighteners on it, which takes about another hour. After using this product, my hair was soft, straight and smooth after 16 minutes with the hair dryer. I don't need to use my hair straighteners at all. My hair is slightly "big", but this is normal for me and I know it will calm down in a few hours. Overall, this product did what it said by making my hair smooth and easy to blow dry. So far, I'm happy with it, but we'll see after the next few shampoos if it lasts as long as it's supposed to. I can definitely get about 3 uses out of this product, and that's good for the price of $9.99. I would probably buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by lapcas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has left my hair broken and coarse feeling. It has a weird straw-like quality to it and the cuticle feels swollen. I have wavy to mildly curvy hair on the finer side and the breakage is astonishing - worse than either the Japanese straightening system or the Brazilian (both of which I've had). Maybe it's better on thicker hair? It any case, it didn't even reall straighten my hair at all. A total waste for me personally.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lbdd13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! I am truly sorry to see all of the people that have had a bad experience with this product. I can understand why there is a high level of frustration.

I guess I was one of the "lucky ones" who had success with it. Yes, it does stink the first day, but after that, I haven't noticed a smell. I have long thick curly coarse hair that is salon highlighted every 6-8 weeks. I could never leave the house after just a blowdry- I would either have to finish with a flat iron, hot rollers or a curling iron to get even close to smooth hair. Even after that, one hour in the humidity and my hair would be frizzy.

I haven't lost any hair, and my color hasn't changed. I am 5 days out from the application, and I can get out of the shower and spend under 10 minutes with a blowdryer and round brush, and my hair looks like I spent 30 minutes with the flat iron. My normal prep time is 20 minutes with a blowdryer, then 15-20 with the next appliance. I also tried airdrying, which gives me about 50% relaxation on my curl.

Thanks to those of you who have been willing to share your experiences, I will hold off on the next application until I see how it looks after the 7 washings.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by AnnieMay

There's a lot of hate for this stuff, but I love it! I've used it 3 times now and it really does help my hair stay smoother - like a cheaper version of a brazilian blowout. True, it stinks on he first day, but once you let it set and wash the second day, you're good.

I have wavy hair that I blowdry and straighten daily and this significantly reduces my hair styling time. One thing to keep in mind: do not use all the sealer (second step), you don't need it all and it makes a great pre-blowdry styling aid. If used correctly, this product is awesome!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by mmm12

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alright, I dont know what all the hate is about. Does this stuff stink like nothing else? yes. like sh~t. it is bad. real bad. does it strip your hair of a little color? sure, but what did you expect, it is a straightening process.

it totally helped keep my hair straight. after shampooing again (after the initial treatment) it really helped keep it smooth and straight. it did what it claimed. i still ran a flat iron threw my hair to smooth out the frazzled ends, but not really to straighten it.

would i buy again? no.

it gave me comparable results to a good blow out with out process, but the bonus is my future at home blowouts will be a snap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have medium fine,dark, curly hair that I blow out most days and thought I'd give this product a try after seeing it in CVS. My hair is pretty easy to blow dry straight without much product I usually just use a tiny bit of shine serum with heat protection, anything else is too heavy, but it does take a while and I can get pretty frizzy in humidity. I was kind of under the impression in the store that this was similar to some deep conditioning/keratin treatments I've had in a salon that can give similar results and keeps me from getting frizzy for a short time. Not really. When I applied step one I was pretty surprised. It smelled like hair dye or a relaxer even though the box states that there are no permanent relaxers in this product. The box says that it is ok for colored hair after 14 days so I was ok there but I rinsed a few minutes early just to be on the safe side. At this point my hair felt like straw so I towel dried as gently as possible and applied the leave in product which helped. It took forever to blow dry after applying this stuff and I actually had to use a flat iron to get it straight which I almost never use. The step 2 leave in cream was too heavy for my hair and while it looked ok my hair felt pretty limp and the flat iron seemed necessary to activate and seal this to my hair. The whole blow dry/flat iron process took twice as long as I would normally spend causing twice the damage I'm sure. My hair did look and feel much better on the second day but hasn't been as soft and has a slightly courser texture than usual. I will say that it has made my hair more resistant to humidity and it does stay a bit straighter longer but it doesn't help blow dry time at all. I cringe to see the damage it has done to my hair once it has all washed out. I will never buy this again.