Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus

3.4

water\aqua\eau [] dimethicone [] butylene glycol [] methyl trimethicone [] vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer [] polysorbate 20 [] bis-peg-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane [] glycerin [] silica [] polymethylsilsesquioxane [] lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone [] methyl gluceth-20 [] polysilicone-11 [] sigesbeckia orientalis (st. paul's wort) extract [] salvia sclarea (clary) extract [] acetyl glucosamine [] plankton extract [] whey protein [] sea whip extract [] arabidopsis thaliana extract [] caffeine [] acetyl hexapeptide-8 [] glycine soja (soybean) protein [] anthemis nobilis (chamomile) [] sodium hyaluronate [] micrococcus lysate [] palmitoyl oligopeptide [] ergothioneine [] aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate [] ethylhexylglycerin [] caprylyl glycol [] tocopheryl acetate [] cholesterol [] glyceryl polymethacrylate [] sodium hydroxide [] lecithin [] carbomer [] peg-8 [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] phenoxyethanol
This product was discontinued and reformulated in August 2013. You can find the new version called "Repairwear Laser Focus Smooths, Restores, Corrects" here:

on 1/15/2011 5:00:00 PM

I wanted a serum that would brighten my skin, or at least get rid of any imperfections or dark spots. I thought this thing was GREAT at the beginning (first 2 weeks). My usual routine would be: wash face--> clinique toner--> serum--> moisturizer. However, I dont know what happened, but after a while, I dont see much difference any more. I think the effects (at best) plateau-ed. When I stopped using it, I dont see much different with my skin... Also I would definitely recommend using a heavy moisturizer after this because it doesnt do anything to moisturize/hydrate your skin (especially seeing how its winter and all).

The packaging is absolutely horrible. I hated the squeeze dropper and I'd rather this comes in a pump bottle. I've been using this for about 2 months. I'll definitely not buy this again.

on 1/13/2011 12:54:00 PM

So far, I have used the Sephora large sample and 2 full size bottles of this stuff. I used a bit more than the recommended 3-4 drops morning and night before moisturizing. I loved it at first. I have combination skin that tends to be flaky in parts and oily in others. This seemed to smooth everything out and reduce the amount of oil that I experienced. However, when I started on the 2nd bottle I noticed that my skin was getting increasingly dry and reactive. Instead of a bit of oil in the afternoon, my skin felt tight and dehydrated; it got red and irritated much more easily. I chalked it up to the freezing winter air and added a heavier moisturizer to my routine. No luck. I stopped exfoliating, I exfoliated more, I changed my cleanser, etc. Since this serum was so great in the beginning, I didn't think that it could be doing all of this to my skin. I didn't put it together until I ran out of the 2nd bottle and did not have time to replace it. Within 2 days, my skin was noticeably less tight and flaky. I should rate this product lower than 3 lippies; however, I do think that it would be great for someone with very oily skin. Since I am much more oily in the summer months, I intend on trying it again later. I also think that using much less product and using it less frequently would help. So, 3 lippies - because it doesn't work for me, but maybe it would for you.

on 12/19/2010 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

So far I am really liking this serum but worried about breaking out, thus the 3. I am using this with 2 other products which may also be working in conjunction to even out my skintone and erase my fine lines. I am using Clinique's Mild Toner, EL Night Repair, This serum with the Zero Gravity cream for combo skin.

So far, no breakouts or bad reactions and no clogged pores which is a MAJOR issue for me. My skintone has become very even (I was very blotchy looking), My face is very smooth and feel tighter and firmer. Since I have only been using a week, I will do a 4 week update which is when the directions say I will see real improvement. So far so good.

Update: I'm bumping this up to a 4. I have been using this day and night for the last 4 weeks and have actually seen some significant changes. My skin is finally eventoned, my post acne marks are dissapearing and the fine lines on my forehead have definitely diminished. this also makes my skin very smooth. Wears well under makeup. I am also using the Zero Gravity moisturizer with this and the Clinique toner. My skin looks great, no breakouts, brighter and clearer. I just ordered a second bottle. I will say I do not like the bottle at all. Mainly because when you get to the end, the dropper does not pick up product anymore and you have to tilt the bottle to get the rest out. I rarely repurchase skincare unless it's actually doing something good. I'll give it a 4 and not a 5 because I know there are better products out there but my finicky skin seems to like this. After my second bottle I will reaccess.

on 12/16/2010 11:20:00 AM

I have been using this for several months and i think it has really made a difference in my skin. Several friends have commented on how radiant my skin looks. It is not a miracle worker, but definitely worth it. Give it about 2-3 months.

on 12/14/2010 4:46:00 AM

Bought after reading reviews. Took photos before use and there is absolutely no difference after using one bottle, applying morning and night to face and neck.

38 year old, some faint brown sun marks on forehead, fine lines around eyes and mouth, prone to cyctic acne.

This made no difference whatsever to my skin. I would save your money and go with a basic moisturiser and have a real laser treatment.

on 12/13/2010 11:39:00 AM

I really don't know why I am not getting results with this product, since everyone else is raving about it! I have used a bottle of this before giving a review, and it has taken me about 11 weeks to use it up. I have noticed no reduction in the appearance of my fine lines around my eyes, and in fact it seemed to make the lines on my forehead look deeper. The serum is silky and goes on well, doesn't break me out, but doesn't do anything else really. I won't repurchase just to see if using this for a longer time shows more results. I can't afford to buy a product that doesn't show any improvement in the first 3 months. continued >>

on 12/3/2010 10:40:00 PM

I've used up 1 bottle and ordered another. This goes on so smoothly and sinks in quickly. In a very short tiem I noticed a difference around my eyes and especially that 11 between my brows. In general my skin feels smoother, looks more even toned. I was using twice a day and will keep doing so since it seems to be working!

on 12/3/2010 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

If you're in your 20's or 30's and looking to diminish fine lines and a few sun spots, Laser Focus will probably make you very happy. This review is for all of us older ladies (40-50s) whose fine lines have deepened into - let's face it - honest to goodness wrinkles. Like, Botox-worthy wrinkles. Deep, searing, horrifying...well, let's move on, shall we? Anyway, I've been applying Laser Focus religiously twice a day for about 6 weeks now. I know that's too soon to see real results but I should be seeing something. Anything. But I haven't and I seriously doubt I ever will. I know it's doing 'something'...it made my nose peel something awful so I stopped applying it there. (What? You don't have nose wrinkles?) I have a few sun spots on my cheekbones and they're still there, bright and happy. I really love the texture of this product and the matte finish. And as I said, it probably works well on younger, just-starting-to-age skin. If you have 'set-in' wrinkles I don't think you'll see much of a difference. Clinique's bloated claim of being equal to a laser treatment after 12 weeks...uh, not really. It may blur the look of fine lines, and lighten a spot or two...but laser-quality results? LOL. And as a skincare copywriter, I would dearly LOVE to know how they skirted legal issues with that claim.

on 11/27/2010 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Purchased this item with high hopes and it appeared to be fading dark spots, but before any other benefits could be noticed, it gave me facial cysts. :(

on 11/27/2010 10:44:00 PM

Can I seriously rave about this product? You bet I can! Honestly, no other single product has done more for my skin than Repairwear Laser Focus. I know that everyone reacts differently and sees different results, but I am so beyond pleased that this one is a complete HG item for me. I've been applying it twice a day, three drops at a time, for six weeks and my skin has never looked smoother, brighter, more even, and actually healthy.

While I find the fluid a little too liquidy for the dropper, it certainly makes for a clean application and I haven't wasted a drop. It absorbs almost immediately with no burning, itching, redness or breakouts. Nothing! I take it right up to the orbital eye area and have been monitoring the area along with my forehead furrows and darn it if they aren't looking softer. In fact, I've been receiving COMPLIMENTS on my skin! I can't remember the last time that happened.

In short, I can't live without it. I look forward to seeing the long-term results. And trust me, if I had to choose between food and this with my last 50 bucks, I think you know the answer. COMPLIMENTS, folks! It's a winner.

Popular Treatments (Face)