April 25, 2014 | 1089 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always wanted doll-like lashes, but am not skilled enough to reliably apply false lashes without spending hours I don't have. With this primer and my HG mascara (scandal queen fairy drops) my eyelashes are super huge; almost as long as my boyfriend's :(

The Package: Pretty big, which makes me feel better about the $28 price tag. The wand is long with lots of thin plastic combs (not bristles).

The Product: A white primer that lengthens,curls, and makes my lashes look like falsies. While I wish the primer wasn't white, it makes it pretty obvious if you miss a spot on your lashes, which is good, i guess. It doesn't smudge, but then again you coat the primer in mascara, and my mascara is smudge proof. When I take this off though, my lashes feel soft and moisturized. I'm not sure if it truly does lengthen the lashes over time, but we will see. Holds a curl well.

The Price: Ouch. But then, you do get a ton of product, so overall...not that bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by daisybu

I think this product works so well! I bought it from a department store at a CD counter and i had a voucher for £15 off, and because i had heard great reviews i decided to try it out (i have asian lashes, and i heard great reviews from people who also have asian lashes...) it was at original price £22, but with my 15 off i only had to pay a total of £7! Bargain! Regardless of the voucher i think i would have purchased it at £22 anyway, just to try it out.

I must say, no regrets. I love this serum. before i use 2 different types of mascara, one lenghting and one volume together. but now i use CD maximizer along with either YSL faux cils or Lancome hypnose. I think its just great how it also claims to make your lashes grow as well.

I love the packaging, mainly because it's white! I have a thing for packaging (i do graphic design) and sometimes when a packaging is attractive or unique, i end up buying the product (if i can afford)

Would i buy this product again? Definitely. I have still yet to experiment this lash serum with other brands of mascaras yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

At first I thought that this product did not do much but after a couple of months of use my lashes are noticeably longer!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

I don't like this. It makes my lashes clump and spidery looking. It is also pretty expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. It's supposed to work as a primer, and also as a serum at night and cost under $30. I was using both the Kanebo Kate mascara primer and the Urban Decay lash system separately, and wanted to kill two birds with one stone (and less expense).

Unfortunately, it just didn't work for my eyes. My lashes are fairly long but sparse. On one side, I have to curl them or they're really straight. The serum actually uncurled my lashes after I had curled the one side, and all before putting my actual mascara on. It also caused major clumping with any mascara I tried. Both of these have never happened with my Kanebo Kate primer (which I have gone back to and is still the best!).

I had to return it to Sephora. I gave it a two b/c it does apply on smoothly and is easy to cover. I was tempted to keep it to see how it worked as a growth serum, but decided just to stick the Urban decay one since I've had good results.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 4:06:00 AM More reviews by FaBuLuSh1987

I LOVE this lash plumping serum!!! I have average lashes, they aren't oo long or short- they aren't sparse but i don't have an over abundance of lashes. This serum is AMAZING! It FANS out my lashes and makes lower end mascara look and perform like a more higher end mascara!! Conditions lashes, makes them feel soo SOFT-even when wearing waterproof mascara! It does slightly plump eyelashes, but it doesn't perform miracles adn give you the thickest lashes ever!
I do feel that it is OVER-PRICED! However, the results are pretty fabulous! Especially when paired with Benefit's badgal lash, loreal voluminous (even though the waterproof formulation gives me the worst racoon eyes-PERFECT for a smoky eye though!), Maybelline great lash LoL mascara! All in all, fab product, adn when you're finished with the product, clean it thoroughly and reuse it for a lash comb/spare mascara wand! The brush, i heart the brush!!! Stay lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by glamourglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does make your lashes fat and long! As a lash primer its crap it makes my mascara nasty and clumpy. But when you apply it a night as a serum or youíre having a lazy day at home and put it on in the morning while you do chores, Hw, etc itís a-w-e some! It does make my eyes water a little sometimes and I did frustrated the first week I had it because I didnít think it was working. I donít know what happened after that week but my lashes started plumping. I use it two or three times a week and I have to say my lashes are about 30% longer and a lot fuller especially the bottom lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff only added to the clumping, I hated it. I think I will try Shishedo next or no primer at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Mands39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first primer. Sephora had the sample size of this and the DiorShow classic. I have used the mascara before but I have been dying to use the primer. If you can find the sample, I would suggest trying to grab it now!

Overall it did give a nice 'oomph' to my Asian eyelashes. I have used Dior Blackout and I don't feel it did anything for my lashes. The only problem I have with this sample is that the product is not wrapping around the wand very well.

I do think it is worth trying if you have the extra $$ and are extremely curious. I almost bought the full size, it was in my hot little hand until I saw the sample sizes of the two. It keeps the lashes soft and I did not get the racoon smudge eyes that I tend to get, despite using waterproof mascaras (the sample mascara is NOT waterproof and no smudging!)

For reference, I hardly wear mascara because I don't think the pros outweigh the cons. I would rather suck it up and wear falsies. [First time I used the two products, I used elf natural looking lashes with it and my lashes were gorgeous!!] I do believe there are better substitutes (not dupes, mind you) for those with eyelashes like mine, where mascara is not a daily part of your routine.

[update] I wanted to see if Maybelline's clear gel was a possible dupe...no way!! I tried them side by side and there was an unmistakable difference between them. I am definitely purchasing the full size! I now wear mascara every day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Have been wanting it for quite a while and I am not disappointed. Gives quite a boost to your eyelashes without being excessive. I use it together with Dior iconic mascara and get an impressive result. My eyelashes are naturally quite full but short. The result I get is full long lashes (mind you, I get the same result if I apply two layers of the Iconic mascara!). No smudging, flaking etc. I have been using Maximizer for 2 months but haven't noticed any particular lash-care benefit whatsoever. It's just a part of my make-up routine, point. I would re-purchase (given that I have some extra money for it in my budget) but it won't be #1 on my wish list. It's just a little very good product I can live without in my make-up bag.