November 23, 2014 | 1048 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Cork

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a flexible crease color...something that would work with many situations and combinations. I narrowed it down to Wedge, Cork and Espresso. I had to rule out Espresso first. As lovely and as perfect of a brown as it is, it felt like more of an evening shade (and me being a stay at home mom...where do I go in the evening?). It was significantly darker than the other two. Then I had to decide between Wedge and Cork. On my under forearm, they looked very similiar. But when I swatched them on my hand the Wedge took on a reddish tone...just not the same golden brown that Cork had. Wedge looked off on my NW20 skin where as Cork's golden brown awesomeness worked great in both spots. It seems like Cork will work in the crease with just about all of my e/s collection. Also, I find the satin finish easy to blend and goes on very smooth.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by aniqaliah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Perfect medium brown for crease for me(NC40) It pairs well with any colour on the lid. Too light for my eyebrows though. Def i will buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this eyeshadow at a CCO in Myrtle Beach, SC. I love using it in my crease with Satin Taupe in the outer corner All That Glitters on my lid, Shroom as a brow highlight and Crystal Avalanche in my inner corner / tear duct area. I find myself going to this whenever I am in a hurry to get my makeup done and when I don't have time get creative. I tried it for filling in my eyebrows as well but it wasn't dark enough for me. I think it would work great for someone who has like chestnut brown hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just recently got Cork, and I wore it today because I did a pin-up look. I used naked lunch on my lid and this in my crease and it looked BEAUTIFUL! I will continue wearing it on my crease! This and soft brown are great together as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Cork is a e/s I can see keeping around for awhile and continously repurchasing it. Cork looked a bit so so in the pan nothing worth spending $14 on. It looked like it had too much warmth for me. But, when I swatched it, it turned out to be such a pretty color. On my lids, it comes off as a light matte brown or even a dark blonde. I need to wear a e/s base to make the color even show up on my darkened lids. Such a great neutral to pair with almost anything. I love using this with a emerald green e/s and a highlight e/s. Cork is a wonderful staple for anyone's e/s stash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very natural, neutral, and universal e/s. One of my favourite shadows to use to fill in my brows. I also love to use it to smoke out darker crease colours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect matte medium brown shade. It does not have any red yellow, or orange undertones. Its rare to stumble upon a nice "real matte brown". I can't believe this used to just sit in my palette, now I use it all the time as crease color for neutrals. Works well with any neutrals and Soft Brown. This is on my must have list.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Rosi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

A lovely versatile shade, I wear it most days on my outer eye with Shroom on the inner corners and Satin Taupe in my crease. Also works well as an eyebrow colour and is just generally versatile and a definite staple in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really make green or blue eyes pop! It helps give a soft but sultry look to the eyes. I haven't tried it for my brows, I think it might be too yellow for that. Such a great matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by eugeniesmooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cork is basically the only crease colour I use. I also use this as my contour colour for my cheekbones, as its matte.

Really, really good eyeshadow. A must for anyone, whether you prefer neutral or brighter looks, you pretty much need this.