Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, mangifera indica (mango) seed butterllanolin, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

When I bought this, I didn't think I would love it. I just thought I would like it and it would be something new to try out. I easily love this as much as the original, maybe even more. If you are familiar with my lip balm reviews, you know that I love the feeling of rubbing my lips together and there being lip balm easy letting them glide across eachother. This gives that feeling, the perfect feeling. The consistency of it is absolutely lovely, my dream lip balm feeling. Saying that, it's fairly oilier than the original, and instead of beeswax as the first ingredient, we have sunflower seed oil and coconut oil ahead of beeswax, which explains the feeling. Because it isn't as waxy, it doesn't last long, so I leave the combo of Burt's Bees Beeswax and Carmex to the night treatment and leave this to the day treatment. I also don't mind applying, because even though this doesn't stay on your lips long, the effect does. When I first opened it, I thought it smelled more like orange than mango. I couldn't believe more people on MUA didn't mention it either. It smelled exactly like an orange drink to me, comparable to an orange kool-aid or an orange fruit punch. Somehow it switched scented tones to me, and now I cannot even smell orange, I only smell juicy mango. It really is an amazing scent, very fruity and tropical. The fact that I'm happy is an understatement, most of the time (with a few exceptions) Burt's ends up having a smell not quite like you would expect it to. In this case, the packaging was not misleading. It goes on clear, and has a little shine if you add enough, but nothing comparable to lip gloss or Carmex. The moisture it gives can be described as heavenly and out of this world. It's great, I have no way to describe it. It's about $3, give or take, at about anywhere that sells lip balm. The fact that it is completely natural is relieving to know too. I would definately reccomend. This product is forever in my pocket and my heart.

on 10/27/2011 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As a dedicated mango lover, I was delighted to find Burt's Bees made a lip balm made with mango butter when I purchased an assorted lot on Ebay. The Pomegranate balm was my favorite, but this one could well take over the title. It's smooth and rich, thanks to the mango butter, but never greasy. The moisture really sinks deep and is remarkably long lasting. It gives my lips a natural looking glow, while never venturing into shine territory. I've been told by a very reliable source that wearing just a balm can actually be sexier than lipstick, making kissing more tempting without the threat of color going everywhere. But I digress. The scent is more of what I would term an allusion to mango, reminding me of the real thing more than smelling exactly like it. It lacks the deep sweetness and tang of the real fruit, but it is very pleasant just the same. I do wish it tasted like it smells, but the flavor is unfortunately more like wax than mango. Oh well, you can't have everything. I do like the colored caps on each type of Burt's Bees balms, which make it easy to pick out the one you want. I think I'll use the pomegranate balm during the winter and the mango balm during the summer. They're good quality, inexpensive and I'll definitely be buying more.

on 9/29/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

very hydrating, natural and wonderful! love the natural scent. highly recommend this one...

on 9/17/2011 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Thing stuff smells amazing and goes on so soft. However, I am constantly reapplying because it doesn't actually moisturize your lips at all. What a waste of money.

on 9/3/2011 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Luv this brand!!! Love this product!!! Doesn't matter the weather this lip balm will stick with you thru it. Hubby even uses product and prefers this to anything else... My lil ones luv it too. HG Lip Balm!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lip balm! I usually buy the burt's bees tinted lip balm in rose or hibiscus, but they weren't selling any of the little ones and i didn't want to spend $6 for the bigger sized one, so I looked and saw that they had a two pack of what I thought was the original burt's bees and settled for that. When I got home I realized it was actually the mango butter one and was slightly disappointed until I actually used it! This lip balm smells sooo good and really is moisturizing. Like others have said you do have to reapply often but that's okay because I don't think I'll ever find a lip balm that you don't have to reapply every 30 minutes or so any way...

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This is my HG of lip balm. This goes with me everywhere. On a blah day when I run out of the house without a stich of makeup or (I'll be real) just bumming it.. this is on my lips. It keeps my lips moisturized and this gives my lips a glossy finish (Great on my blah days :) ) I can go on and on about this product because it really saved my lips and I don't ever have to worry about chap lips (winter, spring, summer, fall) ever!

on 7/27/2011 3:51:00 PM

I actually don't like this product very much, which is a surprise because I love Burt's Bees lipbalms. I like how the original is thicker, but this one melts too fast on my lips. I was also expecting it to smell like fresh mango, but it actually smells terrible. It doesn't moisturize my lips like the original.

on 7/25/2011 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I grabbed this because I saw it on sale. I used to use Carmex but now that I wear lipstick I need something good to put on before my lipstick. This stuff is the bomb! I have this, Carmex, Rosebud, and Blistex around my house and the Burt's Bees really works best. I will def buy again.

One of the reasons I love Burt's Bees so much, is because of this chapstick and also because it is so natural. When I started getting chapped lips I started using this at night and in the morning and I've noticed a huge difference in my lips, they are smooth and healed and so moisturized now, all thanks to Burt's Bees. The only thing is I wish I had gotten the SPF one since it is summer now, but I perchased this back in winter and it still lasts till now, and it really works.

Popular Lip Treatments