October 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ohmyKait

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this sale for about $6 dollars so I got two. My first opinion was that it matched my skin tone perfectly (I'm very fair and I got the classic ivory shade.

My second opinion was that it felt kind of thick and sticky and it never really 'melted' into my skin like I was hoping it would.

I have very oily skin and it does not hold up to the challenge, I would not reccomend this to anyone with extremely oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by perfumista1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This provides a good satin finish and medium coverage for a drugstore foundation. It is an affordable alternative if you like Chanel Perfection Lumiere. I am NC30, and I used this in Natural Beige #151. I hesitated to buy the VL concealer pen and powder because the parallel products often disappoint me. Since Ulta had a buy 2, get 1 free sale I took the chance and was pleasantly surprised. The concealer has a glow like Chanel correcteur perfection, and the pressed powder didn't kill the glow. I hope L'Oreal doesn't discontinue the line. I even called the company to tell them--it's the first time I've ever done that.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Kris177

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YAY!! So happy my search is over! I love this stuff. Nude Beige is very close to the same shade the old Infallible came in, and is perfect for my skin tone. The coverage is medium, which I love, and is still bright and fresh even after 12 hours.

And I discovered two bonuses. It actually DOES reduce fine lines (just noticed that today; I've been wearing it for a couple of days now). AND I like it better than Lancome's Renergie Lift, which is nearly 4x more expensive.

Like others mentioned, I know I'll end up having to pop the dispenser off once it starts to run low, and get at what's left with an orange stick or something, but I did that with Infallible and lived through it. I don't mind, as long as the product is good. YAY!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by PinkMargarita

This product does a nice job of providing coverage without being too heavy. I haven't notice much in the way of "lifting" but I am also still in my 20s and don't really have wrinkles to worry about yet. I really like the pump packaging, provides the perfect amount of product,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation! I love the pump and the packaging. This offers excellent coverage for my acne scarred skin, and comes in shades that match my complexion no matter what the season. I find that so many drugstore foundation have orangey/pinkish undertones. The tones in this are more golden and neutral (at least the color that I got.) After continued use of this foundation I've found my skin to be at least slightly more even toned and it doesn't aggravate my acne proned skin at all. Plus the spf protection is an added bonus. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because it is a bit on the steep end for a drugstore foundation. However, it's worth the price and worth a try! It just might become my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Velvet72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a great foundation! I have many foundations in my makeup bag,as I try one and then another and so on...looking for the penultimate foundation for me. I have lauder,clinique,clarins etc...which are all nice,but just fall short in some big way for me.This is pretty darn fantastic I think! I tried this on a whim,as it was on sale here in Australia. It normally retails at $40 here,which is mid price range for a foundation. I just continue to be so impressed every time I use this,and find I reach for it more and more. It has a nice thicker consistency for a liquid,and the pump bottle is convenient for using. It goes on smooth,and covers really well,with medium to full coveredge for me,with application by my buffing brush, without feeling heavy or looking heavy either. Stays colour true and wears really well all day! I do use a little powder over the top,and concealer on my more obvious flaws,but it really does cover very well. I am not sure about the serum inside,as I have good skin and no wrinkles so haven't noticed a difference there,but it is nice and soft and not drying at all. Withstands humidy well too. The only draw back is limited colour range,but that is my one and only quibble. I don't notice any sparkle at all like some people have mentioned. I will buy this over and over again...and in preference to high end brands to boot! Brilliant.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by bossofallgloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

L'Oreal: Please please please NEVER discontinue this wonderful foundation. It's never too heavy, blends extremely well, matches my skintone, and covers flaws as needed. I love it and it seems to love me back. People don't realize I'm wearing foundation (so they tell me) so I don't see the glitter effect mentioned by some. I've been using it for at least a year now. I only gave it 4 stars because of the packaging - when it gets down to the bottom, the pump can't bring any more product up, so I have to power the top off to get to it, and it's not that easy of a job., A tube would be better, I suppose. xoxox

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Excellent coverage, matte at first then settles into a natural finish. Stayed on all day for me. I'm quite pleased!

I'm also REALLY acne prone, and after 2 weeks I'm still good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ummm GLITTERAMA!!! Why wasn't the sososo SO obvious shimmer stated in the MOST helpful MUA reviews?? Well, I suppose those that "don't see" the glitter/shimmer in Revlon PhotoReady, won't see it in this either-- I did & thats why I boycotted such an otherwise wonderful foundation. Funny thing up until yesterday, my review WAS going to read:

Turning into HG status for me & here’s why:
1. This is Paula Begoun’s Pick, rated as Excellent.
2. Has SPF 17 (octinoxate + titanium dioxide)
3. Breathable, light texture-- still feels like skin.
4. Medium to full coverage-- still looks like skin.
5. Affordable $15 for 1.0 oz vs L’oreal’s VL Smooth (with brush) is $17for 0.85 oz.

I had been wearing this for about a month & was absolutely stunned at the points mentioned above, while I worked my 12 hr shifts at the hospital (5am-5pm) & never saw sunlight. As I drove out late today I first noticed my hand sparkle on the steering wheel, than my forehead in the rearview mirror. I finally found the culprit to be this & was heartbroken. I suppose I could use it on night outs or certain lighting; but Im wayy too conscious to keep it as my daily go to HG.

For reference: I matched 146-Nude Beige perfectly, its a light to medium shade with yellow undertones. I'm an NW20, Revlon CS Buff, Sally Hansen by Carmindy Ecru Beige, L'oreal True Match W2, Palladio Dual Wet/Dry Laurel Nude, Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse-Creamy Natural.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly this didn't work on my dry, winter Rosacean skin. It looked good on my oilier areas but highlighted flakes and texture -- even after I used both physical and chemical exfoliants and a good moisturizer. It really emphasized the slight "scaliness" of my skin especially on my inner cheeks (from rosacea), and highlighted fine lines around my eyes.

I did like the Classic Ivory shade, the pump bottle, and the good coverage.

Most drugstore foundations, I find, are geared towards oilier skin - perhaps because most of the US has warmer weather.

My search for a perfect foundation continues. So far the closest are MUFE Face & Body foundation (but I'm between two shades and it's already pricey), Merle Norman Ultra Luxiva powder foundation (but light coverage and a bit drying), and Revlon Spa Age defying (light coverage and a bit drying).