November 21, 2014 | 1974 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

SHADE SELECTION: I couldn't get a proper shade match. I got natural beige. I needed something a bit more yellow. The next shade up was sand beige which was very pink and the next one up from that was sun beige which was yellow but too dark. I usually find my shade in drugstore foundation so i would say the shade selection isn't the best.

PACKAGING: the best thing about this foundation is the packaging. it has a pump!! the bottle is a little bulky but who cares bc it has a pump!

Pros:
-packaging
-smooth texture
-almost full coverage w/ one coat

Cons:
-price
-shade selection
-NOT good for dry skin!
-smells like paint

The main reason i'm returning this foundation is bc it makes the slightest dry patch on my skin very visible. The foundation goes over it slightly cakey. My skin around my mouth/chin isn't as smooth as the rest of my face bc of acne in the past, and this foundation makes all the lines visible. I don't know how this would be for mature skin if it's settling into lines for me at 20 yrs old.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has a nice silky texture, blends incredibly well and doesn't settle into lines or wrinkles. This lasts all day and my t zone doesn't end up shiny on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by lauraleiwhit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product #144, daily for about 3 weeks now. Previous foundations: Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily #180/200, Revlon Age Defying with Botafrim(04 Nude Beige?), Cover Girl TruBlend (415 Nat. Ivory).
This is a sheer and buildable to FULL coverage foundation.

I was looking for something less like spackle dry face from my colorstay.

I use a total of 3.5 pumps for the coverage I need. I have very fair skin with very dark hyperpigmentation. This gives me FULL coverage, and I can add more for my under eye circles without it getting cakey or creasing. I have tried it with moisturizer and primer, just primer and it seems to work best when I use it alone. It has a slip to it that feels like it has a built in primer.

Additionally with my oily nose, using moisturizer and primer over this particular foundation makes the makeup last less time. For my oily spots Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil is necessary. But I don't like the finish as well with powder. It becomes very matte.

As everyone else has said I agree that it doesn't last as long as Colorstay. But to be more specific, oily spots can fade quickly if you do not use a translucent powder to set it. Other parts stay all day with a natural to luminous finish. Too much touching in the oily areas can make it fade faster.

I did read a comment about dry skin and it being cakey. In my experience cakey for ANY foundation is generally a result of poorly exfoliated skin... exfoliate a few times a week and see if you notice a change.

For DRY SKIN I think 1. make sure you exfoliate (with any skin type) weekly. 2. Use a flat kabuki to buff in foundation in circular motions.

For COMBO/OILY 1. Exfoliate every 3-4 days 2. Apply a high quality translucent powder to your oily areas.

At the end of the day my face looks slightly dewy. It does minimize the look of my pores with if I make sure to buff it in well with a flat kabuki brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a review for Light Ivory.

My skin is light (MAC NC15-ish, Revlon Colorstay Buff-ish) but with "cool yellow" tones... Some kind of strange East Asian lol... My face is naturally slightly lighter than my neck, and a little drop pinker.

All foundations I've used (looking at you Revlon Colorstay Buff and Sally Hansen w/ Carmindy in Ecru Beige) have always shown up as peachy or peachy pink or SOMETHING. L'Oreal has just enough yellow that it covers the pinkness around my nose and make my face blend into my neck more by making it more neutral (make it less pink without being yellow) but does not darken it. So I use Coty Airspun in Naturally Neutral over it to give my skin back its pinkish glow (others say the powder is neutral, but to me it's ever slightly pinkish, but it has the best finish ever). End result? Perfect color for my face!

The foundation itself has light-medium coverage, and rubs off your nose if you blow your nose... But you can't have everything! I'm so glad that I found something that actually matches my face!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ohmyKait

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this sale for about $6 dollars so I got two. My first opinion was that it matched my skin tone perfectly (I'm very fair and I got the classic ivory shade.

My second opinion was that it felt kind of thick and sticky and it never really 'melted' into my skin like I was hoping it would.

I have very oily skin and it does not hold up to the challenge, I would not reccomend this to anyone with extremely oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by perfumista1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This provides a good satin finish and medium coverage for a drugstore foundation. It is an affordable alternative if you like Chanel Perfection Lumiere. I am NC30, and I used this in Natural Beige #151. I hesitated to buy the VL concealer pen and powder because the parallel products often disappoint me. Since Ulta had a buy 2, get 1 free sale I took the chance and was pleasantly surprised. The concealer has a glow like Chanel correcteur perfection, and the pressed powder didn't kill the glow. I hope L'Oreal doesn't discontinue the line. I even called the company to tell them--it's the first time I've ever done that.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Kris177

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YAY!! So happy my search is over! I love this stuff. Nude Beige is very close to the same shade the old Infallible came in, and is perfect for my skin tone. The coverage is medium, which I love, and is still bright and fresh even after 12 hours.

And I discovered two bonuses. It actually DOES reduce fine lines (just noticed that today; I've been wearing it for a couple of days now). AND I like it better than Lancome's Renergie Lift, which is nearly 4x more expensive.

Like others mentioned, I know I'll end up having to pop the dispenser off once it starts to run low, and get at what's left with an orange stick or something, but I did that with Infallible and lived through it. I don't mind, as long as the product is good. YAY!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by PinkMargarita

This product does a nice job of providing coverage without being too heavy. I haven't notice much in the way of "lifting" but I am also still in my 20s and don't really have wrinkles to worry about yet. I really like the pump packaging, provides the perfect amount of product,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation! I love the pump and the packaging. This offers excellent coverage for my acne scarred skin, and comes in shades that match my complexion no matter what the season. I find that so many drugstore foundation have orangey/pinkish undertones. The tones in this are more golden and neutral (at least the color that I got.) After continued use of this foundation I've found my skin to be at least slightly more even toned and it doesn't aggravate my acne proned skin at all. Plus the spf protection is an added bonus. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because it is a bit on the steep end for a drugstore foundation. However, it's worth the price and worth a try! It just might become my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Velvet72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a great foundation! I have many foundations in my makeup bag,as I try one and then another and so on...looking for the penultimate foundation for me. I have lauder,clinique,clarins etc...which are all nice,but just fall short in some big way for me.This is pretty darn fantastic I think! I tried this on a whim,as it was on sale here in Australia. It normally retails at $40 here,which is mid price range for a foundation. I just continue to be so impressed every time I use this,and find I reach for it more and more. It has a nice thicker consistency for a liquid,and the pump bottle is convenient for using. It goes on smooth,and covers really well,with medium to full coveredge for me,with application by my buffing brush, without feeling heavy or looking heavy either. Stays colour true and wears really well all day! I do use a little powder over the top,and concealer on my more obvious flaws,but it really does cover very well. I am not sure about the serum inside,as I have good skin and no wrinkles so haven't noticed a difference there,but it is nice and soft and not drying at all. Withstands humidy well too. The only draw back is limited colour range,but that is my one and only quibble. I don't notice any sparkle at all like some people have mentioned. I will buy this over and over again...and in preference to high end brands to boot! Brilliant.