July 28, 2014 | 2026 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation! I love the pump and the packaging. This offers excellent coverage for my acne scarred skin, and comes in shades that match my complexion no matter what the season. I find that so many drugstore foundation have orangey/pinkish undertones. The tones in this are more golden and neutral (at least the color that I got.) After continued use of this foundation I've found my skin to be at least slightly more even toned and it doesn't aggravate my acne proned skin at all. Plus the spf protection is an added bonus. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because it is a bit on the steep end for a drugstore foundation. However, it's worth the price and worth a try! It just might become my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Velvet72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a great foundation! I have many foundations in my makeup bag,as I try one and then another and so on...looking for the penultimate foundation for me. I have lauder,clinique,clarins etc...which are all nice,but just fall short in some big way for me.This is pretty darn fantastic I think! I tried this on a whim,as it was on sale here in Australia. It normally retails at $40 here,which is mid price range for a foundation. I just continue to be so impressed every time I use this,and find I reach for it more and more. It has a nice thicker consistency for a liquid,and the pump bottle is convenient for using. It goes on smooth,and covers really well,with medium to full coveredge for me,with application by my buffing brush, without feeling heavy or looking heavy either. Stays colour true and wears really well all day! I do use a little powder over the top,and concealer on my more obvious flaws,but it really does cover very well. I am not sure about the serum inside,as I have good skin and no wrinkles so haven't noticed a difference there,but it is nice and soft and not drying at all. Withstands humidy well too. The only draw back is limited colour range,but that is my one and only quibble. I don't notice any sparkle at all like some people have mentioned. I will buy this over and over again...and in preference to high end brands to boot! Brilliant.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by bossofallgloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

L'Oreal: Please please please NEVER discontinue this wonderful foundation. It's never too heavy, blends extremely well, matches my skintone, and covers flaws as needed. I love it and it seems to love me back. People don't realize I'm wearing foundation (so they tell me) so I don't see the glitter effect mentioned by some. I've been using it for at least a year now. I only gave it 4 stars because of the packaging - when it gets down to the bottom, the pump can't bring any more product up, so I have to power the top off to get to it, and it's not that easy of a job., A tube would be better, I suppose. xoxox

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Excellent coverage, matte at first then settles into a natural finish. Stayed on all day for me. I'm quite pleased!

I'm also REALLY acne prone, and after 2 weeks I'm still good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ummm GLITTERAMA!!! Why wasn't the sososo SO obvious shimmer stated in the MOST helpful MUA reviews?? Well, I suppose those that "don't see" the glitter/shimmer in Revlon PhotoReady, won't see it in this either-- I did & thats why I boycotted such an otherwise wonderful foundation. Funny thing up until yesterday, my review WAS going to read:

Turning into HG status for me & here’s why:
1. This is Paula Begoun’s Pick, rated as Excellent.
2. Has SPF 17 (octinoxate + titanium dioxide)
3. Breathable, light texture-- still feels like skin.
4. Medium to full coverage-- still looks like skin.
5. Affordable $15 for 1.0 oz vs L’oreal’s VL Smooth (with brush) is $17for 0.85 oz.

I had been wearing this for about a month & was absolutely stunned at the points mentioned above, while I worked my 12 hr shifts at the hospital (5am-5pm) & never saw sunlight. As I drove out late today I first noticed my hand sparkle on the steering wheel, than my forehead in the rearview mirror. I finally found the culprit to be this & was heartbroken. I suppose I could use it on night outs or certain lighting; but Im wayy too conscious to keep it as my daily go to HG.

For reference: I matched 146-Nude Beige perfectly, its a light to medium shade with yellow undertones. I'm an NW20, Revlon CS Buff, Sally Hansen by Carmindy Ecru Beige, L'oreal True Match W2, Palladio Dual Wet/Dry Laurel Nude, Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse-Creamy Natural.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly this didn't work on my dry, winter Rosacean skin. It looked good on my oilier areas but highlighted flakes and texture -- even after I used both physical and chemical exfoliants and a good moisturizer. It really emphasized the slight "scaliness" of my skin especially on my inner cheeks (from rosacea), and highlighted fine lines around my eyes.

I did like the Classic Ivory shade, the pump bottle, and the good coverage.

Most drugstore foundations, I find, are geared towards oilier skin - perhaps because most of the US has warmer weather.

My search for a perfect foundation continues. So far the closest are MUFE Face & Body foundation (but I'm between two shades and it's already pricey), Merle Norman Ultra Luxiva powder foundation (but light coverage and a bit drying), and Revlon Spa Age defying (light coverage and a bit drying).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far I am really liking this foundation. It is by far the best drugstore foundation I have found yet. It seems pricey for the brand, but do your homework and you can get it on sale :) I am typically an NC30 and 151 was a tad dark for me, so I will need to exchange it for a different color and come back to the 151 in the summer time.
The texture takes little effort to blend and the smell is pleasant. I must set it with a powder though because I am combo skin and after 5 hours I can see my pores coming through. It lasted all day through college on me and it looked pretty decent 12 hours later when I got home. Once I get the other color match for my skin and start setting it with a powder and its working great, this foundation will definitely become 5 stars!!!
Edit... Foundation does not stay put through the slightest bit of oil. My face looked patchy after a couple of hours

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I struggle to find a liquid foundation that blends seamlessly, feels lightweight while offering medium coverage, and feels great on my skin. This is it! My skintone is a cool light ivory, and the soft ivory shade works very well. It glides onto my skin and blends in without that typical "sinking" into the pores-look. I believe it also protects my skin with spf and anti-aging serum. This is the first foundation that I would ever say I will purchase again. Even though it is supposed to be for more mature skin, I love it at 30!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

Very impressed by this drugstore find! It outperforms a lot of high end foundations I've tried, too like other MUA'ers have found. I did not get any sun last summer, so I am pretty pale probably about an NC 15-20. I tried 144 light Ivory, which is a good match, maybe a tad light. It has a yellow undertone which I felt would suit my skin better. Tip: start applying in small areas, and don't over apply! I find one pump does my whole face with enough left over to spot treat. This is a keeper and will really help with the make up budget. Got it for $13.49 at Target. Some will feel it is pricey for d/s foundation, but I usually pay $40 to $60 a bottle for high end stuff so it is a bargain. Also it would help to go to where they have testers to get the right color, if possible, since the bottle makes the foundation darker than it really is.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought this would happen to me... I've tried everything from Chanel to Rimmel... but this foundation actually makes me look airbrushed?! I heard people talking about them looking 'airbrushed' when they find a good foundation, and i always thought... pfft... with my skin, like that would EVER happen to me.

But this foundation (just to clarify, I am writing about L'oreal Invisible Lift Smooth Absolute foundation with the brush packaging in 172 Sand Beige), combined with some well blended concealer, gives me this airbrushed radiance...

If anything changes, or if i find something to dislike about this, I will come back and edit my review.

// ok air brushed look fades as foundation settles :p *back to looking for fav foundation* - still a nice foundation! Not regretting purchase, and will def repurchase.