Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner with Double-Ended Brush

3.6

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Isododecane, Polybutene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/ Exadecane Copolymer, Ozokerite, Candelilla Cera, Silica, Kaolin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 10/15/2010 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This product is HG material for the first few uses. Super easy to apply, even for a cream eyeliner-phobe like me. No lid transfer, no smudging (seriously, none), water- and tear-resistant, easy to remove. The color sets quickly but is easily blendable for about 30 seconds after application, making it a good base for a smokey eye.

And then, after a week of eyeliner euphoria, product dries out and separates from the edges of the pot, starts caking on your brush and gets all crumbly when you apply it. Really disappointing, and it'll happen no matter how conscientious you are about closing the lid tightly. It stays moderately usable if I mist it lightly with distilled water once a week and thoroughly clean the brush after every use to avoid clumps.

I hope Tarte finds a way to increase the longevity of this formula, because for those first few days it really is a dream to apply.

on 10/14/2010 8:25:00 PM

I love this stuff. I have it in the bronze color, which works really well on my hazel eyes. I think it's really similar in color to my Laura Mercier eyeliner pencil in Brown Copper. But here's the difference- I took TWO NAPS today with this stuff on, and it did not budge ONE BIT. My perfect cat eye is still amazingly perfect, even after two naps! And this is without any primer at all, not even any eyeshadow. Crazy.

The reason that this product only gets 4 lippies and not 5 for me is that like several of the other reviewers, my eyeliner is starting to dry out and is cracked in the pot. I've had it for about 3 months now and have only used it about 5 times, so this is lame. But it isn't completely dried out, and I can still use it so far. If this changes soon, I'll update this review and take more lippies off... The staying power is so amazing that even with it drying out quickly, I am still in love with it for now.

on 9/22/2010 7:31:00 PM

I'm a little torn over what number to put under "overall rating".

I purchased this on QVC at the beginning of July right before my trip to Korea. I knew I was going to be in monsoon weather and needed a good eyeliner that didn't give me racoon eyes so I decided to give this a try. I normally use BB Gel Liner.

I loved how well the product worked, it definitely delivered its promise. Despite the humid Korean weather in the middle of July this liner held up rather well and I was going to declare this my HG gel liner over by Bobbi Brown.

Ok...fast forward couple of months. I went back to use up the rest of my BB and reached for the Tarte e/l a week ago (and this is mid Sept. so it has been 2 months since my purchase) and the liner inside the pot has divided in half, almost completely dried out.

I cannot use this to give me the really thin line because the formula has become too cakey. I will only reach for this if I don't mind the line being a little longer.

I would NOT purchase this again. 2 months for the product to dry out is not acceptable in my book. My BB Gel liner can usually go 9-10 months without any problems for me. Totally disappointed and considering this was my first Tarte purchase makes me hesistant about purchasing any future Tarte products.

on 9/7/2010 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i REALLY wish i loved this eyeliner, because its hard for me to find a cream/pot style eyeliner that doesn't dry out AND transfer to my upper eyelid after midday, but this did both. after about using 80%, its dried out. I would use it more as a cream eyeshadow instead of only a liner. Would not buy again, but i guess ill just have to trust artliner by lancome...it'll be my HG liquid for now.

on 9/6/2010 9:52:00 PM

I got this in black and brown and was initially very very happy...until the black one dried out. I think I only got two uses out of it and then it cracked. I don't care what anyone says about "saving" dry liners...it is never the same for me..and why should I have to bother. I made sure to securely close the lid and turn it upside down. The black was the first to go and then the brown which was moister to begin with...dried as well. They cost too much to dry up so quick. I don't think its the formula as much as the packaging. Somehow the packaging allows air exposure, no matter what. This may not be the case for all of the them, but it definitely was for mine. I wish that didn't happen because they are nice gel liners that are more natural than other ones..highly pigmented, smooth and rich. But what's the point if you can only use it at its best condition a few times. BTW the brush is pretty nice..not super soft but nice.

on 9/4/2010 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I cannot believe how well this eyeliner stays on! It looks like liquid liner but glides on like paint with that wonderful brush. It's highly pigmented, dries super fast, and most importantly, it will not smudge. I have tried so many "waterproof" eyeliners and this one is the only one that truly is waterproof. Seriously - try it. You will love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Even though I am 45, I have oily skin. I purchased this hoping it was going to be the answer to smudged eyeliner by early afternoon, unfortunately, it wasn't. It is very easy to apply with the brush that is included. However, I did not find it to be long wearing, For the price, I will stick with Maybelline eye studio gel liner. That also smudges on me by midday but is half the cost.

I have this in "Black" and "Indigo." Fabulous stuff, glides on like butt-ah and stays put. Doesn't budge on oily lids. "Black" is, well, BLACK. Intense and matte. I love it as much as BB's Gel liner. "Indigo" is a unique and complex color. I wouldn't describe it as a true indigo--it's lighter, but with a gorgeous medium blue/lavender sheen. No glitter (and not really a shimmer, either) just a cool sheen, similar in color to quality Tanzanite. A beautiful alternative to basic brown or black. Love the formula and staying power, fabulous!

on 7/24/2010 11:58:00 AM

I've had this liner for a little over a month now and overall I will say that its the best I've used. Its increadibly creamy and pigment so using it is super easy. My only complaint is that its claimed as waterproof and I believe smudge proof..that for me is not true in the least. Maybe mine's defective or maybe the hot Riverside weather (that's what I blame it on) is too intense. I will be moving soon to a cooler place and if there's a change I will update. (Although it should work as advertised everywhere)
With that being said I would still repurchase.

on 6/24/2010 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i have been lemming this liner since i first saw it on the Sephora website and wondered if i REALLY needed another black "gel" liner. MAC blacktrack fluidline is my go-to gel liner - but it does take a bit of time and re-application to get the line defined and dark so i have been using it less and less in favor of UD 24/7 pencil liners, but have been missing the precise line look of gel or liquid liners.

Well i picked this up at Sephora and i think blacktrack may have been replaced! this stuff glides on like a dream but is SO much more pigmented than MACs fluidline!

The brush is a fantiastic bonus - fine line, cat eye, smuged eye - it does it all with ease! i def want to purchase at least one more color of these - a littel goes a looong way - this sill last me forever!

I am pretty oily and always use waterproof liner and mascara - and so far this has stood up through a hot and humid day no problem, def my new favorite liner <3