October 22, 2014 | 1398 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm pretty sure I broke out from this. It did make me matte and was not cakey. I did try to set my makeup with it and it didn't do that either, however I used a light hand. However, the other face products from here have been known to break out some people.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by DarleneAlene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I loved everything about the packaging: the see-through top, the caption on the mirror, the heart-shaped sponge. That is probably where the bulk of the price is going because the powder is cheap. I'm not an oily person but this didn't stop shine coming through from my makeup even after an hour. I don't even cake it on, but if you don't blend it well, it will have a white-ish cast if you're non-Caucasian. Dissapointed to say the least.

I would rather take the $8 and put it towards a higher quality product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Lisalisa29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

well i went on a whim and bought this....i used to live on clarins express powder compact but it was discontinued...i tried a different one of clarins and i broke out from it......so i was looking for something new...saw some raves about Welcome Matte on MUA and for 8 bucks...I said what the hell, i went to walmart and ran in and got it! well it's AMAZING i love it i will totally buy it again....i have a little brush and i dust it on and off i go, i prefer using a brush over a sponge but either works.... i'm not shiny, nice and matte.... beautiful product! and it's only 8 bucks!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by jess213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is perfect for touching up during the day to contol shine. I use the sponge and it isn't cakey and doesn't change the color of my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another winner from the new Hard Candy line! WOOHOOOO! I stay away from most of the glittery products, though I was drawn to the Moonglow powder like a moth to a flame!! I loved it so much, I had to hunt down the Welcome Matte powder. After the third Walmart in town, I finally snatched up the last one! The price is amazing for this product! I have combo skin and this sets my foundation like nothing else.. I apply this with my fluffy, Sigma powder brush and it seems to give a matte, airbrushed finish. I have also used this powder on its own just to keep the oilies at bay and it lasted all dang day on me. It kept me looking fresh and never cakey. Silica just seems to love my skin.. and in these Hard Candy formulations, gives a high quality feel to these affordable products. Go Hard Candy! Oh yeah, and the packaging is a-door-bell!!

xoxox
    - Mad Madam Jess

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received this as part of a large swap I did with a friend from America, so I don't know the price.

But overall I really like this product because I feel that it controls oil really well, though my skin isn't particularly oily, its just the end of my nose that is. I also found that it lasted on me all day, and I didn't need to re-apply it. It also does give my skin a really nice smooth matte look.

The only drawback could be that it can make you look paler if you apply alot of it. I believe I applied this powder with a MAC 150 brush, and just applied a small amount as I found that too much of it makes you look paler and can look very powdery.

But overall, I do like this product. But its not my favorite powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by jesikata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up at walmart the other day, and I must say that it impressed me. I haven't tried a lot of powders, but I was in desperate need for something to help keep my skin matte and not shiny this summer! I read the reviews for this powder, and I decided to pick up one. I applied it with a powder brush and it went on smooth and made my skin matte and very soft! I love the adorable packaging, and I don't mind the little sponge for quick touch ups later in the day. It does seem to lighten your foundation color a little, but for me it worked perfect because my foundation isn't light enough as it is! I think this is the powder I will be purchasing from now on! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So maybe it was a bad idea buying this after splurging on my Chanel loose powder. Because I prefer this to the Chanel for setting my liquid foundation. I don't have particularly oily skin; right now it's combo with a slightly oily tzone (during summers). It sets my makeup perfectly and is truly translucent with a light dusting with my SK skunk brush. The packaging is also adorable and sturdy, and the pan holds a lot of product. I don't use the included heart shaped sponge but I keep it in there because it's just so damn cute. I also like using this for setting my undereye concealer, using a small fluffy brush, and it makes it last all day (and undereye concealers never last on me!). It doesn't break me out and it performs like a high end product for a fraction of the price!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by domokunnies

I'm very very oily and in addition to that, I also have enlarged pores. I use a MAC 187 brush to apply this powder as a setting powder over my foundation and it leaves such a nice finish! It keeps me matte and I live in humid Houston, TX and it's currently the middle of summer. This powder doesn't break me out and the price is cheap ~$8 at Walmart. I had to go to several Walmarts in order to find this, as it seems to be out of stock often. While this powder doesn't cake on, I do have to be careful the amount I apply because it can lead to dry skin spots. Other matte powders I've tried: Maybelline dream matte powder, Coastal Scents loose silica powder, MAC blot powder, and Everyday Minerals kaolin powder. This is the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Exactly what it says on the tin: this mattifying powder does just what it's supposed to do, which is keep the shine away. I have very oily skin and I love this powder. Multiple applications are needed throughout the day (every 4-5 hours or so for me) but that's to be expected.
    The packaging is adorable, I like the sponge's appearance but find that a nice Kabuki brush provides a better application. I don't like that the mirror is under the powder container because I have to keep flipping back and forth between the powder and the mirror, but obviously that's not a big deal if you're standing in front of a bathroom mirror. If you use too much powder it does make your skin a little paler, so I don't use very much.
    At $8 there isn't really a reason *not* to buy this product, and I'll definitely be purchasing again.