July 24, 2014 | 1610 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by cescilay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the reviews here. I was hoping that it will help clear a couple or so pimples but sadly, it does more harm than good. It causes breakouts, redness and it makes my skin look dirty. What a waste of money since I bought the large tube. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the travel size before commuting to a full size & I'm glad that I did. My face did not burn or tingle when I spot tested this. However, it did clog my pores where I used this. It's been a week & they're still there sadly. I wanted this scrub to work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by geekischic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! I couldn't find at first, then I scored it at walmart for under five dollars. It's nice and scrubby, cleansing and refreshing! It's very thick, gentle enough to use everyday. Plus, on the upside, I recently scored it at the dollar store in a larger size for only two dollars!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Way better than the apricot scrub!!! I have oily skin, prone to breakouts (mostly hormonal), but get the occasional dryness due to acne medications and my skin just being a butt. This addresses several issues all at once. It foams up a bit and cleanses the oil, is medicated to deal with breakouts, and is scrubby to get rid of dry skin. So much win!
I like that this is a fine grit scrub, it really gets in there and exfoliates a lot better than the apricot scrub, which every time I use that I usually feel like I'm just mashing it into my face trying to get it to do something.
I hope this product sticks around, St. Ives has a way about getting rid of awesome products (still mourning the lose of the cucumber eye gel).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Fiache

I have dry/normal skin. I don't break out a lot but when I do, I like to take action quickly and make sure to clean my face properly to prevent more breakouts. I live in Thailand where I drive scooter every day and imagine all the dust sticking to your face each day. And also, who doesn't love taking some extra care of their face every now and then!?
I have St ives Naturally clear Blemish fighting scrub as well. I really don't like it. The beads are huge and when I used it (while I was used to use a scrub with tiny beads) it gave my face a burning sensation. It was a very unpleasant feeling. The smell is not glorious either, it has a weird smell and almost somewhat like swedish snuff(snus) If you ever smelled that you know it's gross!
The smell of the Green tea scrub is OK, it's not an amazing smell but not horrible either. It feels fresh, looks fresh with the green minty color and has tiny perfect beads and most importantly densely packed! I used it first time yesterday and my face was literally glowing. I never owned a scrub where you could actually see immediate results. My face looked so fresh, clean and radiant. My boyfriend even asked me if I was sleeping with makeup?!! WOW!
I love that it has salicylic acid and a little goes a long way! I found it at Guardian in Malaysia at a fairly good price...probably around 8 dollars, they cost around 5 dollars in the US! Please try out and see for yourselves. It's really an affordable, fabulous and amazing investment for your face!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am reviewing the St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green tea Scrub which comes in the 6 oz. tube. An effective scrubbing cleanser. It has enough tiny silica scrubbies to exfoliate without being too harsh. Has a nice green tea scent. Also has skin calming ingredients. I use this almost daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by punrara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought a sample bottle of this and I love it!! A small amount works wonders and I've been able to stretch this little bottle out for a while by using it every few weeks.

The scrub is so fine, it's like rubbing sand onto my face and that's pretty good!! The other scrubs usually feel a bit too harsh especially if I rub too hard.

It also smells really good and leaves my face looking fresh. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Purchased a 2nd one, since so far for exfoliating cleansers, this does the job for my skin. It can be drying a bit if you leave it on your skin too long (leave it only on for a couple minutes at most).
The exfoliating beads are far more consistent and finer than the apricot scrub, and I prefer it over a high brand such as DDF.

Have hormonal, combination skin, noticed my breakouts aren't as intense once I started using this every other day. This does contain salicylic acid.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by kxtreme16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this scrub! It comes in a smaller package than the Apricot Scrub and is a bit pricier, but you barely need much and it lasts a while! Also, it's worth its money. I highly recommend this scrub, i believe it's sensitive enough to use everyday :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by suelou88

Love this green tea scrub - I also sometimes mix a pea size w/Cerave moisturizing cleanser or use it alone. Much better than Neutrogena Acne Stress control scrub and cream. Lower salic acid - 1% - easier on my old skin - gentler. Also dab trader joe's tea tree oil on my acne spots - it simmers them down.