August 1, 2014 | 1267 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Lemon Drop SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This product has received rave reviews everywhere. I decided to purchase this in summer fruit AND lemon. It is the SLOPPIEST delivery system for a lip treatment EVER. Especially as you wear it down. It's impossible to put on your lips without smearing it all around your mouth, too. No precision whatsoever, I feel like a toddler applying it. Gross. I like the SPF factor, and the ingredients are pretty good- hence the 1 star. Also, way overpriced. If you want a fair-trade, organic, rich/smooth (not waxy and stiff like eos) SPF lip balm, I recommend Zambeezi.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by BuffaloHockeyGirl

soooooo yummy! I love this balm so much! This and my blistex 5 star lip protection are duking it out to be my go-to lip balms.

Come for the cute packaging, stay for the incredible lemony goodness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this! It has sunscreen which is awesome! I also have them summer fruit lip balm ,and I prefer it over this one just because the smell. The lemon one smells weird, like a hint of lemon and just something like...plastic? Tastes pretty good. The packaging is super cut but a bit bulky to put in your pocket or makeup bag. The color of the packaging is so cute! This lip balm gives no color(it'n not advertised to) and it's lasts for a long time,. I love to use this in the morning under any lip product I am wearing. This is really inexpensive, I found it at Walgreens for like $4. Overall, I would repurchase this!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by pixelpanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have super dry, chapped lips like mine, stay away from this lip balm. The packaging is cute, it smells nice, and the ingredients are natural, BUT it's nowhere near moisturizing! I can put on fifteen layers of this balm and it feels like it's just sitting there on my lips. By the end of the day my lips are peeling (so not attractive!) and I just want to hide my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by mlq490

I'm such a lip balm junkie. My lips are always really dry and rough, and I need some lip balm to put under lip gloss or lipstick. There's such a hype surrounding EOS lip balms, so I just had to try it.

Pros:
-The packaging is cute, and the round format makes it so easy to apply. stands up easier than a stick lip balm.
-It smells awesome, like lemon wafer cookies. Somewhat like the Body Shop's Lip Butter, but even better.
-It tastes nice and sweet, with a little edge of lemon.
-I find it's moisturising enough, although not outstandingly and some have complained it doesn't moisturise at all. But this is definitely not better for your dry lips than normal lip balm.
-It's all natural and mostly organic. It's probably healthier than all those synthetic ingredients in regular lip balm, and I don't enjoy thinking about all the chemicals I put near my mouth to be absorbed by the skin.
-This is the only EOS lip balm with SPF, which is why I purchased it in the first place because after a day in the sun my lips are practically sunburned.
-The texture is slick, but very solid. It's great under lipstick because it's not too slimy.

Cons:
-There's a lot of excess packaging around the product itself. It's not so convenient for putting it in your pocket, and it's a lot bigger than a stick lip balm.
-This product is rather expensive. I got it for $5, and that's a few dollars more than you'd expect. The price might not be worth the benefits.

Bottom Line:
I love this and enjoy using it but honestly it wasn't worth it. This product has become really popular because of the packaging and scents so if you enjoy that this is good to try, but for a person like me really looking for great hydration, this isn't more than a one-time fun buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Pixiesweet

I have wanted to buy this because it was like the new best thing. Well the packaging is so cute and unique. But the product its self is hard and does not apply to the lips easly. Also I liked the smell at first but now I am sick of the smell and it is not mosterizing at all to my lips. So i would not recomend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by nicoleondeck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip balm after hearing great reviews on it & because I thought the packaging was adorable. Do not get suckered into buying this like me! The product did not moisturize my lips at all. I found my lips always dry & chapped no matter how frequently I applied, which I did a lot. Not worth buying, don't waste your money!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by emotasticlips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think the packaging is cute but not very functonal. Its too big to fit into my pocket. And idk what it is but this stuff BURNS MY LIPS! I tried it a few times within the course of a few weeks and every single time it burned on contact. I would wipe it off and have to apply a different balm. With my expirence i dont even want to try any of the of eos balms.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by haha341778

I like the idea of the shape. I bought this because of the shape ,the spf15 and it claims to be organic which is pretty good for a lip balm. But speak of moisturize, not so well. I don’t think I would buy it again. I would try other product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by misschanandlerbong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite daytime lip balm. I bought it mostly because it had SPF in it and because of the lemon scent. I find it pretty moisturizing and I'm prone to super dry lips most of the time. The lemon scent isn't as lingering as I had hoped (I loves me some lemony smells) but its decent.