Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

Price: $

on 2/22/2011 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Another on the whim purchase at Rite-Aid :)
I actually like this palette. The colors are WAY pigmented and apply like butter. For a drugstore eyeshadow and the cheap price you'd expect this to be chalky, but this was not the case. I had zero fall out! As with all eyeshadow, if you pat your eyeshadow brush along your lid rather than swiping it across you shouldn't get any fallout. All of the colors are frosty, even the brow highlight color, however I would not recommend you use it for that since it would be shimmer overload. I use this shade on the inner corners of my eye and use a matte shade for the brow-bone. Not a look I would wear everyday, but I am happy with my purchase.

on 2/21/2011 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This was way too shimmery with a lot of fallout. The colors looked muddy on me for some reason, which never happens for me with browns. They do blend nice and the pigment is decent but I am just not feeling the love for this trio.

on 2/16/2011 11:47:00 AM

I just recently started using WnW (again), I first used them when I was 13 and started to wear makeup, because they were so cheap. Well that hasn't changed they are still one of the cheapest makeup you can purchase, but the quality has greatly improved. On my recent trips to Walgreens I picked up this trio, I was looking for something to wear during the day/work and these shades are extactly what I was looking for. Both the browbone (cream) and lid (pink) shade have a nice shimmer and blend well. The crease shade is a matte brown. All shades are very pigmented. All the shadows going on smoothly and don't fade once applied to lids. It's a great purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love WnW Color Icon everything! Sweet As Candy trio is no exception. I used all three shades today and this is a perfect, pretty, eye-brightening, neutral / pink trio! I especially like how pigmented they are - the crease shade goes on so soft with a MAC 222 brush. I just tap on the highlight shade and although I was hesitant about the pink lid shade - it goes on lighter than the shade looks in the pan.

All in all, this is super-wearable. There is shimmer to it, but I love the effect it had on my eyes.

I would re-purchase this trio - I hope WnW continues to expand on their superior mass cosmetics with even more super color choices. I'm hooked!

on 1/29/2011 1:32:00 PM

Dear God, talk about frost overload!! If you can't wear frosted/shimmer eyeshadows (or don't like them), SKIP OVER THIS PRODUCT. LOVE the actual shades as they are beautiful on brown eyes. But it's pure frost. Daytime look? Um... not in the professional world it isn't (talking suits here). Shame as the quality is there and the price is fantastic.

on 1/26/2011 9:17:00 PM

I am loving the wet and wild eyeshadows! This one is so pretty. It is very pigmented and smooth. It is more in the cool range than the warm but I think is pretty universal. It has a beautiful shimmer to it and the brown color is an amazing medium brown shade. LOVE it! I think it would be a cute look for Valentine's day!

on 1/24/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Really surprised at how much I like this trio. Blends easily (I use smashbox tapered shadow brush), it's a lot more pigmented than I expected as well. It reminds me of a "cooler" version of clinique's strawberry fudge duo, where this one is missing the gold undertones and is more a cooler silver shimmer. I found the shades in this more pigmented and run darker/brighter than strawberry fudge (if I am going compare). Great purchase certainly would repurchase and try other trios in this line.

on 1/23/2011 10:42:00 AM

This is a great everyday palette. The colors are soft, pigmented, and easy to work with. The colors are a little shimmery but it's not overwhelming. I don't have a problem with any of these colors creasing or fading because I always wear a primer. I use this palette when I'm in a hurry because it has all the colors that I need to create a wearable look for work.

on 1/20/2011 6:14:00 PM

Wet n Wild is definitely stepping up their game. I have heard so many gurus on YouTube rave about their new eye palettes so I decided to give these a try.
This week Rite Aid has BOGO for all Wet n Wild products so I snatched a few palettes up. This one was my favorite!
Like what most have said, I can see this palette to look most flattering on Fair to Medium skin tones. The quality of these shadows though, are excellent! The colors go so well together. The pigmentation and staying power are wonderful. Granted I use a good shadow primer (Too Faced Lockdown in Prisoner of Love), so I haven't had any problems with creasing or fading. I love pairing this palette up with Wet n Wild's Cream Liner in Eggplant.
Overall, this is a really good go to for a fresh, quick, and easy daytime look.

on 1/18/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this item. The colors work well on me, and I find them very easy to blend using my brushes. Some have said that they are not highly pigmented, and this may be true...but pinks and browns work with my skin tone. I do admit that this is my 'work' eyeshadow, and this isn't typically the color pallette that I use when I go out or for special occasions, it is not dramatic enough. For everyday though, for me it is perfect.