August 30, 2014 | 1169 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got this as a sample in a gift set. I applied carbon- black eyeshadow for the smokey look over this product and went for a whole nite of salsa dancing. Wowwwww ...Im impressed! With all the sweating and panting, my extremely heavy eye makeup didnt crease & looked fresh even after hours of mambo!...But sadly my Mac- zoom- lash- mascara ran & left racoon eyes on me :(

I actually liked the wand/tube packaging ... its travel friendly. The white cream didnt feel sticky and felt like a nice eye cream. One swipe of the wand does it for me for each eye lid. It doesnt feel heavy.

Im ready to invest in full size (...despite its hefty price tag!). But this baby works, so Im sold!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Selphia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The product is nice but the applicator packaging is terrible.
It turns yellow when it goes off and can separate in the tube.

My eyeshadow does look better but some times it ruins my base make up if I apply it to my lower lash line area.

I'm on my second tube, applying this with a clean brush is better than the applicator or fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ckmchan7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

best eye primer i have ever tried (including UDPP, TFSI, mac paint pots, mac prep and prime, benefit). used to be loyal to urban decay before this but nars blows that out of the water! this is the only thing that manages to stop my eyeshadow and liner from creasing throughout the day. comes in a lipgloss style tube with doe foot applicator, would have been better if this was in a squeeze tube to get the last bit of product out easier but only small drawback. colourless on the lid so will not correct any discolouration/redness if that's what you are looking for. HG item for me. will definitely re-purchase once finished!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Jaymieeb

Fabulous eye primer! First eye primer I've ever used, and I can't imagine better. If I put makeup on in the morning, I hardly need to touch it up when going out at night. A little expensive, but a good investment as it will last if you don't use it for every single day wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by jmsk112486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So much better than UD PP for me! I hated UD because it felt so heavy but Nars feels really light. Better than UD for longevity too. My shadows don't crease and colors look true to pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail eye shadow primer! I have very oily eyelids compared to my normal/dry skin and not even urban decay primer potion would prevent my eye shadows from creasing. Not only does it make my eye shadows not crease and last all day, but it also brighten ups my eyelid and almost makes my eyelids not oily weather I wear eye shadow that day or not. It does not have a strong scent to me at all, its texture is almost tacky feeling (not in a bad way) once you blend it on your eyelid and/or put eye shadow on the tacky-ness goes away. I'm already on my third tube of this product and could not image applying eye shadows without it. I would highly recommend this product to someone who has oily eyelids if primer potion or shadow insurance did not work for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

It's not that great. I find ud primer potion is the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by midorisour

it works. this is heavy duty. still easy to blend, color looks the same. are there eye primer products out there cheaper? sure. it all comes down to preference. used udpp in the bottle for years, but now there are others available finally just as good

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by SHEMP1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great!!! My eyeshadow really stays put and stands out so much better when I use this product. I love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by corifornication

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Um...wow. This stuff is great. I'd heard from a lot of people that this was sort of the creme de la creme of eye primers, and they weren't kidding. I tend to stick with the Courtney Love-esque eyeliner-circle-that-looks-like-it-was-drawn-with-crayon-look, so by the end of the day, some of it has inevitably smeared somewhere, but not with this. Even on my lower lashline, everything looked almost as fresh as when I'd first applied it. I've got quite oily skin too, so this was AMAZING to see.

I docked a point because of the price (half the tube is a brush! I've never seen a lid like that before) and because this is not so great with eye shadows. While they'll stay put all day, this makes it substantially harder to apply and blending virtually impossible. But if you put some work into it, the pay off is totally worth it.