November 26, 2014 | 1486 users online

Blush - Cargo - Catalina

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2005 12:54:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this blush was going to be pretty boring since it is just plain pink, but it is tremendously flattering on me. Although it doesn't seem so in the pan, it is HIGHLY pigmented, so I only need to dip the very tip of my skunk brush (MAC 187) in the pan. I apply right on the apples of my cheeks and it looks fantastic. It's very natural and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Manzana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skintone: MMM/C40/neutral-yellow toned

I love this blush! I usually stick to bronzey/peach/pink blushes (i.e. NARS Orgasm, Torrid) and I did not think I could pull of a cool-toned bright pink. But I was wrong! Catalina gives me a gorgeous fresh, flushed faced without looking muddy like most pinks do on me. If I ever finish this huge tin I will definitely buy this again!

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2005 12:58:00 PM More reviews by m_giroux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I HATED this blush at first. It took me a very long time to figure out how to use it but now that I have I LOVE it. You need a quality blush brush and an extremely light hand (sometimes a problem for me as I tend to be a little too liberal with blush) but once you've mastered the application this is gorgeous. I'm usually not a big fan of powder blush, my skin is dry so I like to use creams, but this actually looks like a cream blush on my skin and feels like one too. The texture is so moist and creamy and this doesn't sit on top of my skin the way some powder blushes do-it blends very well. If I had to have a powder equivalent of Stila petunia CC (my hg) this would be it. It's a true, bright, bubblegum pink that surprisingly goes well with my yellow-toned complexion. Looks great with some l'oreal ginger snap over it to add a little shimmer and a golden glow. I can't imagine I'll ever run out of this but if I do, I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2005 5:36:00 PM More reviews by annruggerio

After getting 3 different Cargo blushes, I am starting to think this brand just doesn't work for me. Catalina is a bright (not too bright) cool pink in the pan, but on me its nothing special and looks a little ruddy. I prefer my MAC Well Dressed over this one. Cargo retail for $22 USD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 10:38:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I have a million bright pink blushes, but I am overly fond of Catalina. Something about it sets it apart from the others I own. It's a bright baby pink that looks very fresh on and sweet. I haven't had any problems with breakouts from this and it's got a nice fine texture and good pigment. I sort of which it had a subtle shimmer to it too, but nevertheless, this is probably in my top five.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this blush--it brightens up my entire face. It took me a while to get used to the matte finish, as I tend to go for blushes with a sophisticated shimmer, but once I tried it with Benefit Dandelion as a finishing powder and a light rosy lipstick, then saw how stunning my complexion looked, I changed my mind. Voila! I look healthy, fresh, and well-rested--as if I had actually gotten a good night's sleep (which never happens in real life, btw. :-))

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 8:01:00 PM More reviews by slmaturo

Used to be my HG of blushes, but got a little bored with it recently. Beautiful bright soft pink color on my NC-15 skin. Great package for blush. Maybe just a better shade for summer and will probably go back to it eventually.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2004 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Tealeaves

OK, I am cool-toned, pale, with dark hair, and was looking for a blush as a quick pick me up. I really did not like this product. After reading the reviews, I was cautious when applying, and simply could not use this without looking clownish. It is just too bright for me. This is the least natural blush for a pale girl. After about 5 tries, I exchanged mine for Louisiana, and though that one is shimmery, I am a much happier camper!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2004 7:30:00 PM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very pretty pink color that gives your face a healthy glow. definitely worth it for the price. however, i went with nars angelika (similar effect) because catalina is very matte and angelika has shimmer... call me a sucker =P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2004 11:11:00 PM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color. A peachy pink--leaning towards pink. Looks incredibly natural on my PPP complexion. I love the packaging--it's big enough to swirl your brush around in--although Cargo blushes are highly pigmented, so you don't want to pick up too much product! Will last forever--expensive but you get so much.