July 23, 2014 | 2000 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by sweaterbrau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic blue cream polish. It's the perfect medium tone, not too dark and not too light. It is a true cream with no shimmer, which I like a lot. It goes on rather opaque and if you did it right I'm sure you could get by with just one coat. The only critical thing I'll say abou this polish (and the Xtreme Wear line in general) is that the brush is a little disheveled looking. Every polish I have from the line has had this problem. I've had one or two that I've had to snip some "wild hairs" off of before painting my nails just so I could get a neater application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great blue when you want a pop of color. It's better than Ogre the top blue and Dating a Royal by OPI. Its bright electric blue that would stand out on any skintone. I paid 2.99 for it and love it. The formula was smooth and easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Daphn2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this nail polish at the drugstore. However, I never purchase anything without "consulting" with MUA. When I came home and saw that the polish had a great rating, I purchased it the next time I went to the store. People are right, it is one of the most unique blues I have seen/worn. Very pretty color. I only used a clear based coat, one coat of color and a top coat. The polish chipped on day two. That might be from the top coat...without the top coat the polish is not very shiny. Doesn't matter though, I would still repurchase the product especially after getting so many compliments on the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this shade. IMO it is not that complementary to my skin tone but the blue shade is just mesmerizing. A beautiful periwinkle blue that I can stare at for hours. In terms of application, it was kind of goopy and streaky but workable. I will repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by cassidyjean117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy cow! This is a beautiful cornflower blue color and I instantly fell in love when I saw it at Walgreens. After purchasing it I immediately painted my nails and went to a movie with a friends. When I went to get some popcorn a girl complimented my nails and asked where I got the polish. Its a pretty unique color and I'm so happy I purchased it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I have zero blue polishes. I favor the classics--reds, pinks, a few vamps--but after seeing this on a friend, I had to have it. I've never seen anything like this color, and I freaking love it. It's a bright blue, no shimmer, almost exactly the color of a UK wildcat t-shirt (go cats!), and looks awesome on my NW20 toes this summer. I love it so much I'm buying backups for basketball season this fall--I would hate to not be able to wear it all the time. It does smell really weird though...idk what's up with that?

Huge rave despite the funny smell! Get into this color; it's a winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by starri09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been debating about this color for a while now, and I finally caved and bought it, I love it, a cobalt blue it almost reminds me of a crayon blue, but not quite there lol. but when I opened the bottle OMG the smell, I change my nail polish regularly and I mean it doesn't smell great but this one, like a cross between REALLY stinky feet and burning rubber....but the color makes up for the smell!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Stacy88

it is the perfect bright blue! its one of favorties in my collection. perfect for summer and very easy to apply:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by mbquinn33

perfect blue! it is soo pretty and I feel like it is very original, not the same kinda aqua blue or teal blue you always see. i love the product, it went on with one coat just fine and i tested it with no base or top coat and it lasted 3+ days (the only chip i got was when i broke a nail) dries fast and can't beat the price (got mine 2/$4 at walgreens)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably my favorite blue in my entire collection! Pacific Blue looks lovely in the bottle, but just wait until you see it on the nail - it's the most vibrant marine blue I've ever seen. And in the sunlight, it glows neon periwinkle. Like retina-searing medium periwinkle, just gorgeous. When I think of which color in my collection makes me feel the most happy when I wear it I always think of this color. I even bought a back up. It's a color that's both calming and electric at the same time. The formula is the same as most of the other Xtreme Wears - thick and rather gloopy but not unworkable. It wears like iron on me. I would give Pacific Blue 10 lippies if I could! It's definitely an HG, I will repurchase this forever.