Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

4.6

on 2/28/2012 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nailpolish is by far the best nailpolish I've ever tried, I ususally use 2-3 coats of polish and it doesn't chip at all, I left it on my nails for two weeks straight! The colour is matte and can be worn all season around and with any outfit because it is such an off-beat colour. I only got this nailpolish for $2 from Walmart!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I work at a school supervising kids, so I always do different colors and crazy designs, and I must say this was a HUGE HIT with them, and me! I absolutely love this color! I always shy away from blues because I don't really like blue at all (especially polish) but I saw this at Rite Aid and HAD to get it!! I love this color since it is so unique. Love it!

on 2/18/2012 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I prefer to read reviews, rather then write them, but I LOVE this nail color so much I just had to chime in. I purchased this nail polish at Walgreens two years ago during a buy one get one sale (I was torn between this color and Blue Me Away! and instead of choosing one over the other got both!!) I have to agree with the other reviewer who mentioned that the picture doesn't quite do the color justice, it's not quite that shade of blue, it's closer to a periwinkle color. This is the color I wear on my toes in the summer ( I usaully get two weeks of wear with minimal to no chipping when I use Out the Door Topcoat). I get so many compliments on the color when I wear it on my hands (for which I get a solid week out of wear out of with the same topcoat as my toes).
The formula is fantastic, not too thick and not too runny, and after two years hasn't gotten goopy! Two coats and I'm good to go. Overall, I am not a diehard Sallie Hansen nail polish fan, but this color has to be my favorite nail color of all time!

on 2/2/2012 9:01:00 PM

Isn't this gorgeous? This colour lept out at me while I was browsing polishes at the drug store. I always get compliments when I wear this. For me, I find this looks better on shorter nails- as I tend to feel about most blues.

on 1/22/2012 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Sally Hansen's "Pacific Blue" Xtreme Wear is a shade that I would've never picked up, mostly because medium blue shades (blue in general) are not that all appealing to me. Well, it WASN'T appealing last year, but this year, medium blue shades are on my radar, so far.

It's funny that when I was wearing Pacific Blue a guy at work asked me if the color was cobalt blue and some girls here are calling it periwinkle. In my humble opinion for the "true" periwinkle color there is "Secret Peri-Wink-Le" by china glaze. Pacific Blue is a medium blue that visually works for me, I'm not sure if it's ideal for my warm (yellowish/green) skin tone, but it doesn't look gross at all. It's beautiful!!!!!

Sometimes I like pairing "Pacific Blue" with gold accessories, light gray apparel (shirt or dress), and other times with a white summer dress and orange accessories. But that's just me.

Overall: Pacific Blue it's a great blue shade, not too expensive (about $5 in Canada), I like the brush and application, and the only reason I wouldn't buy it again it's because I'm always wearing different nail polish colors.

on 9/5/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a gorgeous matte blue polish! The photos here on MUA are true to color, even though it looks like a paler blue in the bottle. I got about two good days of wear out of the this when used with ORLY Nail Defense top coat. You definitely won't find a better blue for the price (I paid $1.99 at Rite Aid) and you'd be hard pressed to find a higher end brand with such a beautiful bright color! The packaging gets a 4 star rating because of the brush: it's so deeply submerged in the long, skinny tube, that it's likely to drip while you're applying if you're not careful. The bristles at the end are fantastic, though, easily as nice as the bristles on a lot of my more expensive polishes.

on 8/19/2011 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Like all the other reviews, I was thrilled with this polish! I've begun to accrue quite a collection of the SH Xtreme Wear, but before this one, I had favored the metallics. I picked this blue up on a whim and I'm so pleased that I did so! It's a brilliant color, and surprisingly creamy and opaque with just one coat. It almost didn't even need a topcoat, and it lasted for nearly a week without one with no chipping! It was great for keeping up with my busy summer schedule outdoors. This polish convinced me to try the other creme colors in the line, but I think Pacific Blue is going to be a tough act to follow!

on 8/16/2011 4:10:00 PM

This color is so great! Such a bright, fun blue and I love the cream texture. I got so many compliments when I wore this last week. The price is great too. I think I paid $2.50 or so at Target for it. The only bad thing about it is the brush. The wand part of it is super long so it's hard to wipe off on the mouth of the bottle. Small price to pay for such an awesome color, though.

on 8/9/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a fantastic blue cream polish. It's the perfect medium tone, not too dark and not too light. It is a true cream with no shimmer, which I like a lot. It goes on rather opaque and if you did it right I'm sure you could get by with just one coat. The only critical thing I'll say abou this polish (and the Xtreme Wear line in general) is that the brush is a little disheveled looking. Every polish I have from the line has had this problem. I've had one or two that I've had to snip some "wild hairs" off of before painting my nails just so I could get a neater application.

on 8/7/2011 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a great blue when you want a pop of color. It's better than Ogre the top blue and Dating a Royal by OPI. Its bright electric blue that would stand out on any skintone. I paid 2.99 for it and love it. The formula was smooth and easy to apply.

Popular Polishes