October 1, 2014 | 1916 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Expert Eyes 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2004 5:20:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I didn't like this makeup remover. The good thing about it, I guess was, that it's oil-free. But the oiliness doesn't actually bother me that much, because I always wash it away with my facial cleanser..
It took a long time to get my waterproof mascara off with this product so I ended up with irritated eye area. I'll stick to L'oreal's makeup remover!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2004 11:17:00 PM More reviews by wdiarom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the worst thing ever! it is super greasy and cant even remove NON-waterproof mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2004 4:25:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eye makeup remover! It completely, yet gently, removes *non-waterproof* eye m/u. Never leaves any residue. I've been using this for 5 years and will continue to re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2004 1:26:00 AM More reviews by torontoprincess

I decided to be a bit adventourous and experiement with Maybelline's eye make-up remover. Big mistake. This product sucks royally. It looks and feels like water acid. One thought: Yuck.

I'm now going back to regular programming. Think: Avon's (blissfully creamy & affordable)eye make-up remover.

Thank heavens.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2004 12:54:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

This was my HG eye makeup remover for YEARS, then I started using Revlon Colorstay eyeliner (which isn't waterproof), and this stuff just didn't perform. I found myself turning to either oil-based removers or Pond's cloths, as they worked better at removing long-lasting-but-still-not-waterproof makeup. This is otherwise a pretty good product, if one needs to leave their contacts in or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2004 4:16:00 PM More reviews by PaintedSophisticate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this makeup remover. I have been using it every night for a wek and have not experienced any irriation whatsoever. I used to use Avon's eye makeup remover and I like it okay, but its not as good as the Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2004 3:00:00 PM More reviews by aimless07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have been using this for a while and i think it works okay..bu i recently bought covergirl's marathon mascara and this stuff can't get my mascara off. i still like it though

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2004 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Sassybottom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yuck ! The smell is soo nasty. The texture is oily and it did a barely decent job at removing my eye makeup. I am so glad I did not spend any money on this product - it was a GWP with Maybelline's Full and Soft Mascara. I will definitely not repurachase. I have better results with my HG cleanser - Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2004 6:05:00 PM More reviews by jbrunner76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I took everyone's advice and tried it, afterall, what did I have to lose, a few bucks? In general, it dones take off all my eyemakeup, but it does sting my eyes a little. I also tried to use it to take off my lipstick and later licked my lips and YUCK, it tastes aweful (worse than it smells)! So I think I'll go back to PC's makeup remover, which I love but can't always afford. For those of you who like liquid removers, as opposed to lotion, I would recommend that you at least try PC's remover. A warning though, it is oil-free but the silicone in it can make it feel slightly greasy, but I don't mind that at all because it never drys out my eye area.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2004 4:16:00 PM More reviews by christine1ca

I bought this because of all the rave reviews on this site. However, it didn't completely remove mascara (residue left under my eyes w/ regular & not much help at all w/ waterproof). I brought this with me on a trip to Utah and granted the air is drier there, but I had to stop using eye makeup half way through the trip because this remove dried out the skin under my eyes so much.