Maybelline Expert Eyes 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Boric Acid, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Hexylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenylethyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate

on 6/20/2005 12:33:00 AM

RAVE! I only use this to remove non-waterproof mascara and other eye m/u. I used a cotton pad sqirted some on and i rubbed it and it started to foam! Took off all my eye make up with a few gentle swipes. Didn't sting at all and didn't leave any yucky sticky residue, felt really refreshed. The bottle is better than the oil based version in that its a flip top and so if you knock it over it won't spill everywhere. Its cheap and effective.

on 3/28/2005 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't like Maybelline's makeup removers. This oil-free blue cap one doesn't work well at taking makeup off at all. The oil-based one works better but feels way too greasy. I won't repurchase again.

on 2/14/2005 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my fave eye mu remover. i have both of the blue cap (oil free) and pink cap (oil based) versions. the blue cap one is what i use most of the time, it is made for removeal of washable mu, and it did the job nicely and very gentle. the oil based one is for removing the waterproof mu, it does remove the makeup quickly but i dont like the oil feel. i got both of them for free with purchase of mascara. will repurchase the blue cap one for sure.

on 1/26/2005 6:37:00 PM

I've used this great product for years, but now I've switched to Rimmel - a less expensive version with more product in the bottle that works the same.

on 11/29/2004 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After being told over and over that I MUST use something other than baby oil or vaseline to get that darn makeup off at night, I tried Almay (pink bottle) then his Maybelline because it was on sale. Never again! I had to rub gently but over and over to get the waterproof mascara off. Sometimes it would take 3 tries to get black eye liner off as well. NOT healthy for the delicate eye area! Back to the Almay I go...or into the MUA reviews to find something else!

on 10/10/2004 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I didn't like this makeup remover. The good thing about it, I guess was, that it's oil-free. But the oiliness doesn't actually bother me that much, because I always wash it away with my facial cleanser..
It took a long time to get my waterproof mascara off with this product so I ended up with irritated eye area. I'll stick to L'oreal's makeup remover!

on 8/31/2004 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is the worst thing ever! it is super greasy and cant even remove NON-waterproof mascara.

on 7/3/2004 4:25:00 PM

This is my favorite eye makeup remover! It completely, yet gently, removes *non-waterproof* eye m/u. Never leaves any residue. I've been using this for 5 years and will continue to re-purchase.

I decided to be a bit adventourous and experiement with Maybelline's eye make-up remover. Big mistake. This product sucks royally. It looks and feels like water acid. One thought: Yuck.

I'm now going back to regular programming. Think: Avon's (blissfully creamy & affordable)eye make-up remover.

Thank heavens.

on 5/26/2004 12:54:00 PM

This was my HG eye makeup remover for YEARS, then I started using Revlon Colorstay eyeliner (which isn't waterproof), and this stuff just didn't perform. I found myself turning to either oil-based removers or Pond's cloths, as they worked better at removing long-lasting-but-still-not-waterproof makeup. This is otherwise a pretty good product, if one needs to leave their contacts in or something.