December 20, 2014 | 940 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by JessikuhV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing. After hearing all the hype about this brush, I had to order it. The price is well worth it, even though it isn't exactly cheap. This gives me the most natural yet flawless look with the best coverage using any foundation, even BB creams seem to have better coverage when I use this brush! I've had it for about four months and used it almost everyday and I haven't had any shedding at all. The brush handle is nice and sturdy with the softest bristles. A big complaint about the brush is that it absorbs product but that doesn't happen to me since I dab foundation dots on my face then buff it in lightly. Also, I don't find the washing of the brush to be that much of a hassle either. I just use olive oil, baby shampoo and baby body wash mixed together and it seems to clean it fine. I feel that my stippling brush took more effort to clean anyway. I have dry skin and this doesn't seem to show off my dry areas or anything. Definitely in love, HG brush for sure. I will be purchasing more from Sigma.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MarksGirlSarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always used my fingers or a damp wedge sponge to apply foundation with ok results. I've tried a foundation brush but it left my face streaky and too cakey. I was inspired by Laura Vitale and Wayne Goss to use a buffer. After some research I chose this one and I've never looked back! My skin looks flawless! I've got large pores and this brush makes them practically disappear. I just dot my foundation onto my face and using small circles, buff it in. What a lovely brush! It's super dense and incredibly soft and doesn't shed or flatten out. I will definitely be checking out more brushes from Sigma in the future. A really great investment.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

I was reluctant to buy this brush, because I have so many that do the job already, I didn't NEED another foundation brush. Besides, I'm kinda cheap and I thought the shipping fee was too high (ended up buying from eBay and paying less).
Anyway, when it arrived, my first thought was "Oh, hack, it's the exact same thing as my flat top from Sedona Lace", which I think is a pretty good brush. But then I used it, and... it isn't, it's a lot better! The Sedona Lace is pretty good, but sometimes it can get a little streaky, whereas this one never does. I've used it almost every day for the last 3 weeks or so and it has been flawless every time. The only thing is I have to use a little bit more of foundation because the brush "swallows" some of it. It's worth it. I get the best possible coverage with the most natural finish. Love it!

UPDATE: I'm taking 2 lippies off, because the last time I've washed this brush, it completely fell apart: all bristles came off at once. Obviously, some water and soap must have gotten inside, despite all my precautions. The thing is, I wash all my brushes the same way, as often as I did this one and it hasn't happened with ANY other, so I thought you guys should know. As much as I loved the use I got out of it, I'm not repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by pab123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! I didn't think it was possible to get my foundation to look smooth and actually make my skin look better. I was always a sponge person applying foundation, but my niece turned me onto these brushes. The price is affordable and it works too! I have very dry skin but when I use this, my skin looks almost flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by SammiGirl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush!! It gives your face a flawless look to it. You have to make sure you wash it at least every 2 weeks since it is pretty dense and make up can build up on it but the work it does is amazing. I would recommend this to anyone! It's not like any other brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I bought this brush when Sigma had 20% off their website a few weeks back. I was in need of a good foundation brush and after all the rave this product has received, I decided to give in and purchase it for $17 in change (including shipping) which didn't do that much damage to my pocket. I finally got the chance to try out this brush and I will never go back to any other foundation brush. It blends and buffs so beautifully. Sure the ELF powder brush is amazing but I find that over time it wears down so I have to keep repurchasing it which ends up becoming just as pricy in the long run. So far, I love this brush. However, one star off because I noticed shedding and some of the hairs are fraying off the sides. Hopefully, this brush holds up because I will not be happy if I have to keep repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by LoTuS_23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the results this brush gives me when applying liquid foundation but it sheds way too much. I won't be repurchasing this brush because of reason and will be looking for a new flat top brush to replace it with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

This brush has made me fall in love with liquid foundations/bb creams. Everything just goes on so well with this brush and looks so awesome on my skin!

I decided to try stippling after just using my fingers to blend liquid stuff on my face because it was just so messy and difficult to get even coverage. I was deciding between this brush and the ELF stipple brush initially and decided to go with the ELF one as it was much cheaper and I wasn't sure if stippling would be my thing. The ELF one made stippling rather difficult (read my review of it for more details) and I got the F80 after deciding to take the plunge with stippling and the F80 has just made my makeup routine a million times easier. I haven't tried this brush with any other mode of application.

I loove that this brush is so dense but still so soft. I pump out some bb cream on my finger, put it in a streak across one cheek, then use this in a stippling motion to spread the bb cream all over my cheek. It never scratches against my skin and spreads the cream out so evenly you can't even see where the cream starts and ends. You also need less product because of how evenly you can spread the product across your face. The brush also does not absorb much product. It takes me about 20-30 seconds (no kidding) to stipple the cream across one cheek for a really airbrushed look. There's never any issue with patchiness or blotchiness or basically any issue with coverage.

My only two gripes with this brush are:

First, it takes REALLY long to dry when you wash it because its so dense. But I think its well worth the coverage it offers. just plan ahead so you don't end up with it being still wet when you want to use it.

Also, the brush head is rather big so I have a bit of a problem getting into some areas of my face like between my nose and cheek. Again, I can live with this because the larger size means you can cover more of your face more quickly so your whole makeup routine takes less time which means more time in bed in the mornings!

If anyone else is deciding between the ELF stipple brush and this, I'd say get the ELF one for a starter brush if you're new to stippling or for travelling but get the Sigma F80 if you're sure you're going to be using liquid stuff on your face or you're already a stipple pro.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG foundation brush, really excellent for applying liquid foundation. Buffs everything in smoothly without any streaking or lines. It's great for creating natural coverage. Does not shed - I've had mine for more than a year and I don't think a single bristle has dropped, even with frequent washing. I use brush cleaning spray to clean it after every use and deep cleanse once a week.

The only caveat is that this brush isn't so good for applying powder foundations. I find that it creates a lot of wastage. My powder foundations seem to go very fast when I use this brush. Perhaps it's because it sheers out the coverage and I always feel that I need to apply more to create my desired look. Hence, I would prefer to use a smaller brush for powder foundations.

Also, due to the density of the bristles. the brush takes a long time to dry. I use it with the Sigma Dry N Shape (this is a brush holder for expediting drying after washing) and it still takes about 12 hours to dry completely.

This is an awesome brush with a low price (US$18) and I highly recommend it to those who regularly work with liquid foundation. For powder foundation, you might wanna try RT's Expert Face Brush which is also really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I bought this brush after read tons of positive reviews about this brush.
This brush is so so dense but really soft. It is so lovely. I also love the finish that it gave me. Flawless and natural.
Unfortunately enough, this brush feels so big on my face, I found it quite difficult to really blend the foundation. And because of that, sometimes it gave me a cakey look.
I probably should use the F82 since it's smaller. But for now, I stick with my Chanel Foundation Brush no 6.