October 22, 2014 | 1801 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by pab123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! I didn't think it was possible to get my foundation to look smooth and actually make my skin look better. I was always a sponge person applying foundation, but my niece turned me onto these brushes. The price is affordable and it works too! I have very dry skin but when I use this, my skin looks almost flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by SammiGirl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush!! It gives your face a flawless look to it. You have to make sure you wash it at least every 2 weeks since it is pretty dense and make up can build up on it but the work it does is amazing. I would recommend this to anyone! It's not like any other brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I bought this brush when Sigma had 20% off their website a few weeks back. I was in need of a good foundation brush and after all the rave this product has received, I decided to give in and purchase it for $17 in change (including shipping) which didn't do that much damage to my pocket. I finally got the chance to try out this brush and I will never go back to any other foundation brush. It blends and buffs so beautifully. Sure the ELF powder brush is amazing but I find that over time it wears down so I have to keep repurchasing it which ends up becoming just as pricy in the long run. So far, I love this brush. However, one star off because I noticed shedding and some of the hairs are fraying off the sides. Hopefully, this brush holds up because I will not be happy if I have to keep repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by LoTuS_23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the results this brush gives me when applying liquid foundation but it sheds way too much. I won't be repurchasing this brush because of reason and will be looking for a new flat top brush to replace it with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

This brush has made me fall in love with liquid foundations/bb creams. Everything just goes on so well with this brush and looks so awesome on my skin!

I decided to try stippling after just using my fingers to blend liquid stuff on my face because it was just so messy and difficult to get even coverage. I was deciding between this brush and the ELF stipple brush initially and decided to go with the ELF one as it was much cheaper and I wasn't sure if stippling would be my thing. The ELF one made stippling rather difficult (read my review of it for more details) and I got the F80 after deciding to take the plunge with stippling and the F80 has just made my makeup routine a million times easier. I haven't tried this brush with any other mode of application.

I loove that this brush is so dense but still so soft. I pump out some bb cream on my finger, put it in a streak across one cheek, then use this in a stippling motion to spread the bb cream all over my cheek. It never scratches against my skin and spreads the cream out so evenly you can't even see where the cream starts and ends. You also need less product because of how evenly you can spread the product across your face. The brush also does not absorb much product. It takes me about 20-30 seconds (no kidding) to stipple the cream across one cheek for a really airbrushed look. There's never any issue with patchiness or blotchiness or basically any issue with coverage.

My only two gripes with this brush are:

First, it takes REALLY long to dry when you wash it because its so dense. But I think its well worth the coverage it offers. just plan ahead so you don't end up with it being still wet when you want to use it.

Also, the brush head is rather big so I have a bit of a problem getting into some areas of my face like between my nose and cheek. Again, I can live with this because the larger size means you can cover more of your face more quickly so your whole makeup routine takes less time which means more time in bed in the mornings!

If anyone else is deciding between the ELF stipple brush and this, I'd say get the ELF one for a starter brush if you're new to stippling or for travelling but get the Sigma F80 if you're sure you're going to be using liquid stuff on your face or you're already a stipple pro.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG foundation brush, really excellent for applying liquid foundation. Buffs everything in smoothly without any streaking or lines. It's great for creating natural coverage. Does not shed - I've had mine for more than a year and I don't think a single bristle has dropped, even with frequent washing. I use brush cleaning spray to clean it after every use and deep cleanse once a week.

The only caveat is that this brush isn't so good for applying powder foundations. I find that it creates a lot of wastage. My powder foundations seem to go very fast when I use this brush. Perhaps it's because it sheers out the coverage and I always feel that I need to apply more to create my desired look. Hence, I would prefer to use a smaller brush for powder foundations.

Also, due to the density of the bristles. the brush takes a long time to dry. I use it with the Sigma Dry N Shape (this is a brush holder for expediting drying after washing) and it still takes about 12 hours to dry completely.

This is an awesome brush with a low price (US$18) and I highly recommend it to those who regularly work with liquid foundation. For powder foundation, you might wanna try RT's Expert Face Brush which is also really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I bought this brush after read tons of positive reviews about this brush.
This brush is so so dense but really soft. It is so lovely. I also love the finish that it gave me. Flawless and natural.
Unfortunately enough, this brush feels so big on my face, I found it quite difficult to really blend the foundation. And because of that, sometimes it gave me a cakey look.
I probably should use the F82 since it's smaller. But for now, I stick with my Chanel Foundation Brush no 6.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Asmamuhammed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my beauty blender but I was super curious about this brush. I frickin love it!! It's dense yet soft enough to blend any foundation or powder across your skin without hurting yourself. I prefer this over the real techniques buffing brush and the elf studio powder brush for applying liquid foundations. I use this with my revlon colorstay and it gives me an airbrush, flawless finish! With this brush, i find that i tend to use less foundation as well. Definitely would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite foundation brushes that applies flawlessly. Buffs perfectly onto my skin and absorbs all of the makeup onto the brush. There is not any left over or wasted makeup after applying. In other brushes ive used the makeup gets stuck in the bristles and creates a huge mess which also reflects in my makeup application. No complaints here! I'm a happy gal when using my synthetic flat top kabuki