April 20, 2014 | 1705 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Darlajane

I recently went to the Clinique counter and explained that I had an oily T-zone and I had been struggling to find foundations that didn't get really shiny by about lunch time. The lady their gave me a sample of the Anti Blemish Solutions Liquite Make Up in Ivory.

I have tried it for a couple of days and for me it has been one of the worst foundations in terms of making my t-zone oily that I have tried in recent years. I used the foundation over their pore minimizer instant perfector as advised but I didn't use any setting powder as I wanted to see how the make up performed without it (and I can't be bothered with setting powder really). Within 2-3 hours my forehead was really shiny which is not what I would have expected from a foundation specifically for oily skin. I almost wonder if I have been using it incorrectly or if I was given a sample of another type of make up by accident.

On the positive side I really like the colour match and it did make my skin look lovely until the shinyness set in. It doesn't look heavy and for me it blended nicely and looked natural.

I guess I had better continue my search for a foundation - let me know if anyone can recommend one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This foundation is very good, however the colour range is quite limited. You cannot either apply it all over your face as it will dry some parts of your skin which are not prone to be oily, such as the sides of your nose or your temples. I only recommend it for oily skin and in Summer time, when you are sweaty and greasier than ever. Otherwise, it will dry your skin to the point it will flake.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by nettaOY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really don't like this foundation. It didn't do anything to my blemishes (which I didn't expect it todo anyways). It has an ok staying power, nothing special. And it's expensive as well - 32 which is about 45$. It didn't cover up my acne scars very well either.
Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by alamode01

okay so i ws really very happy to find this product at first cz it ws winter n my skin ws supposed to be producing less oil..it luked great n i had some fantastic photos as well bt thn summer arrived n aaaahh after one hour spending open aired in morning in 35degree c a friend of mine said ,,, ur getting darker :S:S:S the only comment wich annoys me like hell i cheked in the mirror n she ws ryt i had turned into something who i never saw before,,. i ws better without that foundtion thn wearing that so i just washed that off immediately n u believe it or not evn after 1 day my skin still seems dark i dont know yy.. i am not going to buy this again can anyone suggest me a foundation that stays without being oxidized in very hot weather??

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by xBeautyQueenx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Shade- Ivory 02. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! I have oily skin which due to hormones, has recently been prone to breakouts around my jaw area. Personally, I'd say the anti-blemish aspect of this foundation is an added bonus, I would continue to buy this foundation just for the fantastic flawless finish and good oil control. I have been using this for about 4-5 months now, and only started on my second bottle two weeks ago, so it may seem pricey, but it does last, and it is sooo worth the money anyway. I have tried do many different foundations, from cheap makeup brands like Revlon Colorstay, to Estee Lauder double wear foundation, to Bare Escentuals mineral makeup. And I have to say, this is by far the best. As I have oily skin, I set with pressed powder and have to occasionally blot with powder or Clean & Clear blotting papers throughout the day. But hardly ever. The foundation has quite a matte finish but without looking dull, chalky and cakey. I love the coverage, it has quite high coverage but doesn't look like a mask. I also think it does help to reduce blemishes and helps to heal them quicker that the average foundation. It certainly hadn't broken me out, and doesn't irritate my skin, or worsen spots. The only thing I dislike about this is the packaging. Although I guess it is hygienic, I feel you can see how much product is left, and don't think you can get the last bit out of the bottle. However, I would definitely recommend! I LOVE IT!!! x

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by digital242

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation looked great at first when the Clinique counter assistant applied it but I found it to be a whole other story when I attempted application myself. I found it to be quite cakey & you have to be very fast at blending otherwise it looks really awful. Clearly there's a trick to it that I just haven't mastered.
I also found this foundation to oxidise & take an orangey tinge after a few hours of wear which is never a good look.
Good news is that it doesn't exascerbate my acne at all & despite the application issues I have, it isn't the worst foundation I've ever used. Sure won't be buying it again though

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by femfatale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first tried a sample it turned out really nice and made my skin glow and look really flawless. The colour tone was a abit off but it still looked good. Once I bought it it didnt look as good as when I first was using the sample. In fact the colour when applied to some parts of the face sometimes brought on a grayish/black tinge which i FOUND REALLY STRANGE! How ever I did not brake out at all and it does look good sometimes .. I wouldnt buy it again I just don't get why the sample which I used for days looked better in colouring then when I acually bought the bottle?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Paolita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought that this foundation could be my ''solution'' for my acne prone sensitive skin!This product not only improoved my acne as it claims but it break me out very badly. Except pimples all over my face,it completely burnt my skin!!! After only one use it dried my skin(I have very oily skin),it transformed it into a fireplace!!All I could feel was a burning sensation accompagnied with a red canvas on my mirror! I used the colour 1 Alabaster which was ideal for my skin colour although it does get a bit orange-y after a few hours..Of course it ended up in garbage since here in Greece there is no return policy if the product has already been used.. WARNING: If you have sensitive skin,prone to redness,eczema etc don't use it!! No need to say,I won't repurchase!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using Clinique products for a long time, mainly because of my acne-prone and sensitive skin. I used to use the Blemish Solutions/ Acne-Control Powder which was amazing (!) but they stopped carrying that so i decided to try the foundation version.
To be entirely honest I don't think this really does much for my skin, although on the plus side, it doesn't break me out like other foundations do. The color is quite a good fit for me, although I find it difficult generally to be happy with my foundation color. Also you don't need to set this with powder, because it dries VERY quickly after application, so you will need to work over you face in sections.
The coverage is quite good, and it is a bit drying so you should use an oil-free moisturiser after removing it. However, I don't feel it wears very well. At the end of the day I can hardly tell I wore foundation in the morning. As a result I am now trying a different foundation from Clinique (superfit, so far, so good).

However, i do like wearing it over the summer, mixing it with some tinted moisturiser, because i do feel it sort of protects my skin from breaking out, but this way it is lighter for hotter temperature.

hope this helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Ratiocinative

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation last summer after a recommendation from the woman at the Clinique counter. I am prone to spots so took this over the regular super fit foundation I was used to getting. The foundation itself was an absolute pain to apply, it was sticky/thick and no matter what I used (be it a brush, my fingers, a sponge) it came out streaky, regardless of how much blending I did. It simply looked terrible due to it coming out cakey, not to mention dry, and did very little to hide my blemishes. In addition, I can't say it did much to prevent spots either, it didn't cause any, but neither had my previous foundations. I usually adore Clinique and have tried many foundations in my time, but this has been by far the worst.