November 26, 2014 | 1017 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by LexxiMassacre

i love this foundation it gives a semmi matte finish on my oily\combo skin . u can apply with anything nd it will look flawless i like to apply with fingers :p lasts all day from applicatin at 5:30 towhen i take it off 6-8 never longer . it does not break me out but not many products do.
i love it the packagin is ok its a squeeze tube only downfall if u get to much product u can put it bak in but u can the extra down ur neck :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by ssannaho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, it's great for oily skin. It dries quickly and you don't need a powder over if you don't want to. I wish there were more shades though, I need something lighter now in the winter time. But other than that, love it. It's a bit expensive, but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

UPDATE:

I loved this foundation for its excellent coverage, matte finish, and acne-fighting ingredients. In fact, I think used a total of 3 to 4 bottles in the last few months, which shows you how loyal I was to it.

But there was always a problem with the colour not being 100% right on me (I used Fresh Ivory), so I decided to try Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Desert Beige which has a similar matte finish but is a more flattering neutral to yellow colour, which covers all of my redness without making me look orange/brown.

Although, Clinique's Anti-blemish is fantastic in many ways, I think the limited pink- leaning colour range was ultimately what made me shift to a different foundation.

It's still a lovely foundation but I would only recommend it to people with cool undertones. If you're neutral to warm, try Estee Lauder.

OLD REVIEW:

I've only tried a sample of this product so I can't say whether this helps prevent acne or not but I would like to comment on how the product feels and looks.

The reason I tried this product is because I noticed my T-zone getting really oily recently and my favourite Chanel foundation (Pro Lumiere) was making me look too shiny. Also, I've had an ongoing battle with acne and I wanted to try a product that would mattify my skin and treat acne at the same time.

I'm a MAC NC20, Chanel Pro Lumiere 20. I chose Fresh Ivory which is shade 02, the second lightest shade. This shade is quite a good match for my neutral to yellow tone but it does have a slightly ashy (grey) look to it which has a mildly dulling effect. The colour selection is definitely not for people with really yellow undertones; the limited number of shades would suit cool to neutral tones.

I thought the colour would darken through the day but it has not changed at all.

Application is really easy as it blends brilliantly. It feels really light on the skin but coverage is medium. There is no sign of my redness coming through.

In terms of how it looks, I'm really impressed with how smooth it looks (even on top of my freckly skin) and how it has stayed this way for so many hours. My T zone does not feel oily at all after 7 hours and the product has not "shifted" on my face at all. This is amazing considering how oily my skin is at the moment.

The finish is a powdery, matte look. It is not dewy or shimmery in any way. Moisturising is a must because the finish of this foundation will accentuate lines slightly.

I'm very impressed with this product even though the colour is not a 100% match for me. I will continue using this and hopefully it will treat my skin as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by vintageblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Firstly, the packaging is great and it has a really high-end feel. I am NC15 in MAC, and was given shade 01 in this foundation but I find that this is too dark for me. During the day the foundation turns darker as my skin gets oily, so at the end of the day the foundation has turned orange. Also, this founation has terrible oil control and virtually no coverage. It has a really soft texture on the face and my skin feels really smooth when I wear this foundation. However because it has such poor coverage and oil control, I wear it under my MAC Studio Fix powder foundation for extra coverage. It doesn't give me spots at all and I do think it slightly improves my skin. I'm still looking for a foundation to cater for my acne and oily skin so I won't buy this foundation again and I'll have to keep looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sophks

I haven't actually bought this product yet, but was given a free 5 day sample at a clinique counter.
I really like it, it makes my skin look so much smoother, is quite thin so it doesn't clog but gives just as much coverage as other thicker foundations,
my normal foundation is estee Lauder double wear, which is about the same price and gives equal coverage, the only problem with double wear is that it gives me spots and aggravates my acne, unlike clinique, however, it stays on much better than clinique.
Based on this, i think that if you want a makeup to even your skin , cover spots and also help to heal them, this is the perfect foundation for you, if you want an all day 100% coverage, you wont like it. It does stay on well for about 6 hours , obviously depending on what you do, and doesn't rub off to touch, but that's the maximum.
I will definitely buy this for my bad skin days, and would suggest it to anyone who is acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by petitebellescargot

THIS FOUNDATION, IS AMAZING. It seriously is.

I have cheek acne/lots and lots of red dots from old pimples all over my forehead and cheeks. After weeks of literally being depressed and crying each time I looked in the mirror AND even after putting on plain drugstore makeup(which wasn't covering anything/making me look VERY cakey) my mum and I decided to invest and give clinique a go. It's oil free and non acnegenic.

I'm SO glad I decided to spend extra money on this foundation. It covers up everything, I only have to use very little concealer for the very dark spots I have. It doesn't dry my skin up, which was important because my skin was already very dry and flakey to start off with due to benzoyl peroxide.

POINT IS! For all you girls with acne like me, and have been depressed/crying over it. This little thing will give you your life/confidence back. I don't feel self conscious anymore and when I look in the mirror at the shops, I don't feel disgusting. Plus, it won't break you out because it has salicylic acid which is GOOD since according to my pharmacy lectures salicylic acid is effective in treating pimples.

Yes it is expensive, 5x more than what I paid for my drugstore foundation but what you get out of it is so worth it.

In terms of coverage it gives a moderately full coverage, matches with my skin well (I am of asian descent and use the number 5 shade), matte finish, washes off easily. My only concern is the price, but I'm trying to find websites that sell it for less.

Hope this little miracle helps everyone else with acne that is self conscious about themselves too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

EDIT 05/12: Taking one lippie off because of the problematic shade. I've been wearing the lightest shade, 01 Fresh Alabaster. Itís a yellowish shade, which seemed like the most suitable one for my yellow undertones. However, since Iím extremely pale, Iíve found out that foundations with pink overtones suit me best Ė they donít make me look as pasty as yellow-based ones. Stripince I donít have rosy cheeks naturally either, pinkish foundations give me nice fresh glow. Live and learn :)

This is an extraordinary foundation for combo/oily skin. It claims to fight blemishes with its 0.5% salicylic acid content, but I doubt itís doing anything. However, itís not making my blemishes worse, which is an excellent place to start :)

I have the foundation in 01 Fresh Alabaster, which has slight yellow undertones, and it totally matches my PPP complexion (on the Clinique counter I was worried it would be too dark, or oxidize during the day, but turns out, itís just perfect). It goes on smooth, feels completely light, and does a pretty good job in keeping my face matte. I still need blotting paper though. For colder weather I might need something a bit more moisturising, but otherwise this is an excellent choice.

FYI: in the US, the foundation and the whole product line is sold under the name ďAcne SolutionsĒ instead of ďAnti-blemish SolutionsĒ.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

As a background I have BAD acne, I decided to go with a dermatologist and she told me that I could only use Clinique makeup, so I went and bought this in 09 fresh honey. Last year I bought this foundation, I cant remember the color but it did turn really pink on me so when my doctor told me to used this I wasn't happy at all....well, now I'm so happy!!! I think Clinique reformulate this thing or maybe I had the wrong color, because this looks just perfecto on me!!! I don't need to use concealer, and my face stays pretty matte all day....although I get some shine, it is very reasonable and I don't have to touch up this at all. I apply this with my fingers and a sponge, apply a little more on the scars or where I need to conceal, and after this I use the clarifying powder makeup to set it.
The only thing I dont really love is that the bottle is opaque, so you can't see actually how much makeup do you have, but over all I'm loving this stuff and I think is the only thing I will be using.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by demcgaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone oily skin. This foundation works pretty good with my skin. I use shade 2 Fresh Ivory which is prefect mach for me. Feels light and It doesn't brake me out.
This foundation I would say it is medium coverage. I use my Sigma Brush F80- Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki to apply it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by phy91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Honestly, I'm nog quite sure whether or not I like this product. What I absolutely love about it is the packaging, which makes it easy to distribute the amount of foundation you are going to use plus it's plastic so you don't have to worry about dropping it, and it is travel-friendly.

on to the actual product then..
Firstly, I'm not sure about the colour, maybe the SA mismatched me, but then again maybe it's only in my head, since everyone has told me there is no visible difference in the skincolour of my face and the colour of my neck. thus, the colour is so-so.

Secondly, I hate the way this product applies. It dries incredibly fast because it has no oil in it, so you have to work quickly to make sure the product blends well and is distributed evenly. On top of that, it's not buildable at all! I'd say the coverage is more on the light side, and when you try to build it up by applying a second layer, you get dark spots. I'm not liking its texture at all. I have tried mixing it with a lot of other foundations, applying it with a damp beautyblender, and I must say this helps, but then again, it's stil not ideal.

On to the anti blemish part.. It has not broken me out yet (I have been using this foundation for over 2 weeks now) and that's great, since foundations tend to break me out a lot. However, I don't feel this foundation has made a difference for the spots I already had.
A positive point is that this foundation does not accentuate any dry patches on my skin, since I have dry skin rather than oily, due to acne-treatment.

All in all:
the packaging: great
foundation itself: has not broken me out but does not what it promises
application: horrible

this product is ok, but definitly not my HG (guess I'll have to keep looking), and I won't buy it again, but I'll keep it aside for bad skin days.