September 30, 2014 | 1368 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sophks

I haven't actually bought this product yet, but was given a free 5 day sample at a clinique counter.
I really like it, it makes my skin look so much smoother, is quite thin so it doesn't clog but gives just as much coverage as other thicker foundations,
my normal foundation is estee Lauder double wear, which is about the same price and gives equal coverage, the only problem with double wear is that it gives me spots and aggravates my acne, unlike clinique, however, it stays on much better than clinique.
Based on this, i think that if you want a makeup to even your skin , cover spots and also help to heal them, this is the perfect foundation for you, if you want an all day 100% coverage, you wont like it. It does stay on well for about 6 hours , obviously depending on what you do, and doesn't rub off to touch, but that's the maximum.
I will definitely buy this for my bad skin days, and would suggest it to anyone who is acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by petitebellescargot

THIS FOUNDATION, IS AMAZING. It seriously is.

I have cheek acne/lots and lots of red dots from old pimples all over my forehead and cheeks. After weeks of literally being depressed and crying each time I looked in the mirror AND even after putting on plain drugstore makeup(which wasn't covering anything/making me look VERY cakey) my mum and I decided to invest and give clinique a go. It's oil free and non acnegenic.

I'm SO glad I decided to spend extra money on this foundation. It covers up everything, I only have to use very little concealer for the very dark spots I have. It doesn't dry my skin up, which was important because my skin was already very dry and flakey to start off with due to benzoyl peroxide.

POINT IS! For all you girls with acne like me, and have been depressed/crying over it. This little thing will give you your life/confidence back. I don't feel self conscious anymore and when I look in the mirror at the shops, I don't feel disgusting. Plus, it won't break you out because it has salicylic acid which is GOOD since according to my pharmacy lectures salicylic acid is effective in treating pimples.

Yes it is expensive, 5x more than what I paid for my drugstore foundation but what you get out of it is so worth it.

In terms of coverage it gives a moderately full coverage, matches with my skin well (I am of asian descent and use the number 5 shade), matte finish, washes off easily. My only concern is the price, but I'm trying to find websites that sell it for less.

Hope this little miracle helps everyone else with acne that is self conscious about themselves too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

EDIT 05/12: Taking one lippie off because of the problematic shade. I've been wearing the lightest shade, 01 Fresh Alabaster. Itís a yellowish shade, which seemed like the most suitable one for my yellow undertones. However, since Iím extremely pale, Iíve found out that foundations with pink overtones suit me best Ė they donít make me look as pasty as yellow-based ones. Stripince I donít have rosy cheeks naturally either, pinkish foundations give me nice fresh glow. Live and learn :)

This is an extraordinary foundation for combo/oily skin. It claims to fight blemishes with its 0.5% salicylic acid content, but I doubt itís doing anything. However, itís not making my blemishes worse, which is an excellent place to start :)

I have the foundation in 01 Fresh Alabaster, which has slight yellow undertones, and it totally matches my PPP complexion (on the Clinique counter I was worried it would be too dark, or oxidize during the day, but turns out, itís just perfect). It goes on smooth, feels completely light, and does a pretty good job in keeping my face matte. I still need blotting paper though. For colder weather I might need something a bit more moisturising, but otherwise this is an excellent choice.

FYI: in the US, the foundation and the whole product line is sold under the name ďAcne SolutionsĒ instead of ďAnti-blemish SolutionsĒ.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

As a background I have BAD acne, I decided to go with a dermatologist and she told me that I could only use Clinique makeup, so I went and bought this in 09 fresh honey. Last year I bought this foundation, I cant remember the color but it did turn really pink on me so when my doctor told me to used this I wasn't happy at all....well, now I'm so happy!!! I think Clinique reformulate this thing or maybe I had the wrong color, because this looks just perfecto on me!!! I don't need to use concealer, and my face stays pretty matte all day....although I get some shine, it is very reasonable and I don't have to touch up this at all. I apply this with my fingers and a sponge, apply a little more on the scars or where I need to conceal, and after this I use the clarifying powder makeup to set it.
The only thing I dont really love is that the bottle is opaque, so you can't see actually how much makeup do you have, but over all I'm loving this stuff and I think is the only thing I will be using.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by demcgaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone oily skin. This foundation works pretty good with my skin. I use shade 2 Fresh Ivory which is prefect mach for me. Feels light and It doesn't brake me out.
This foundation I would say it is medium coverage. I use my Sigma Brush F80- Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki to apply it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by phy91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Honestly, I'm nog quite sure whether or not I like this product. What I absolutely love about it is the packaging, which makes it easy to distribute the amount of foundation you are going to use plus it's plastic so you don't have to worry about dropping it, and it is travel-friendly.

on to the actual product then..
Firstly, I'm not sure about the colour, maybe the SA mismatched me, but then again maybe it's only in my head, since everyone has told me there is no visible difference in the skincolour of my face and the colour of my neck. thus, the colour is so-so.

Secondly, I hate the way this product applies. It dries incredibly fast because it has no oil in it, so you have to work quickly to make sure the product blends well and is distributed evenly. On top of that, it's not buildable at all! I'd say the coverage is more on the light side, and when you try to build it up by applying a second layer, you get dark spots. I'm not liking its texture at all. I have tried mixing it with a lot of other foundations, applying it with a damp beautyblender, and I must say this helps, but then again, it's stil not ideal.

On to the anti blemish part.. It has not broken me out yet (I have been using this foundation for over 2 weeks now) and that's great, since foundations tend to break me out a lot. However, I don't feel this foundation has made a difference for the spots I already had.
A positive point is that this foundation does not accentuate any dry patches on my skin, since I have dry skin rather than oily, due to acne-treatment.

All in all:
the packaging: great
foundation itself: has not broken me out but does not what it promises
application: horrible

this product is ok, but definitly not my HG (guess I'll have to keep looking), and I won't buy it again, but I'll keep it aside for bad skin days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

I was matched to 01 Alabaster by the assistant, the palest shade. It really is a good match for my skin if a teeny tiny bit pink for my yellow toned skin, though I don't think this is noticable as I always blend my makeup towards my neck. The formula is a little dry and quite matte but that's fine by me and my combination skin! Helps to cover blemishes quite well. I don't get too shiny using this and it hasn't made me break out yet! Quite pricey for me considering I never usually spend more than £10 on a foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraW21

Not too bad a product. Will say though after awhile of using this my skin starts to have small breakouts on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Darlajane

I recently went to the Clinique counter and explained that I had an oily T-zone and I had been struggling to find foundations that didn't get really shiny by about lunch time. The lady their gave me a sample of the Anti Blemish Solutions Liquite Make Up in Ivory.

I have tried it for a couple of days and for me it has been one of the worst foundations in terms of making my t-zone oily that I have tried in recent years. I used the foundation over their pore minimizer instant perfector as advised but I didn't use any setting powder as I wanted to see how the make up performed without it (and I can't be bothered with setting powder really). Within 2-3 hours my forehead was really shiny which is not what I would have expected from a foundation specifically for oily skin. I almost wonder if I have been using it incorrectly or if I was given a sample of another type of make up by accident.

On the positive side I really like the colour match and it did make my skin look lovely until the shinyness set in. It doesn't look heavy and for me it blended nicely and looked natural.

I guess I had better continue my search for a foundation - let me know if anyone can recommend one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This foundation is very good, however the colour range is quite limited. You cannot either apply it all over your face as it will dry some parts of your skin which are not prone to be oily, such as the sides of your nose or your temples. I only recommend it for oily skin and in Summer time, when you are sweaty and greasier than ever. Otherwise, it will dry your skin to the point it will flake.