October 20, 2014 | 1915 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

UGH.. why did i get suckered by promises of a "conditioning" primer?! Anyway, am not happy with this product. Maybelline's define a lash works wayyy better than this. First of all, the primer only weighed done my curl. then the mediocre mascara didn't do it's job of extending my lashes. So not impressed! Will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to let you girls know that if you are already using an eyelash growth product such as latisse, lilash, rapidlash or careprost, do not use this product. Alone it is wonderful but mixed with other stimulators its not pretty. Your lashes will cycle much faster, leaving you sparse and gappy in spots. I learned this the hard way and my derm verified this was the culprit. Other than that product itself works well, you need to be patient as results are not immediate.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is for the new Double Extend mascara that has the added Lash Boosting Serum. I bought it in a pack with the individual Lash Boosting Serum that you use at night on its own.

The tube for this mascara is double-sided. One side is a primer with the serum in it, and the other side is a lengthening and volumizing mascara. You brush on the primer first, then follow with the mascara.

Personally, I have found this to be one of the best mascaras on the market. It does require some extra steps and extra time due to the primer, but I like to use primers on my lashes so this doesn't bother me. The primer is great...it adds a lot of length and volume on its own. As a matter of fact, my lashes sweep up nearly to my eyebrows with just the primer on! Followed by the mascara, my lashes are thick, long, and lush. They don't get hard or brittle. I haven't experienced any flaking or smudging, and I'm not using the waterproof version.

It does take a bit of effort to coat every lash after using the primer, and you do need to coat every lash or you will have white show through. Therefore, it can take a few minutes to get your finished look. However, in my opinion the final product is well worth the effort! This is probably going to replace my much-loved Voluminous...it's that good.

I did remove one lippie just because it is somewhat time consuming and I think the claims they make for the Lash Boosting Serum are a bit lofty (I don't really think it's going to make my lashes actually grow in thicker and longer), but overall this is a great mascara, and I'll definitely be using it for quite a while to come!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This took getting used to, and isn't like other double ended mascaras, but I really like it.
I immediately noticed the white side of this is far wetter than the beauty tubes mascara in the red tube.
I found when I would apply the mascara right after the base I wiped it off.
My best application is to apply the base to one eye, apply to the other eye and then apply mascara accordingly.
With the other beauty tubes you had to work fast and one eye at a time. I like this far better if the base is tacky.
I can't say how well it holds a curl since I have curly lashes. I also have long and thick lashes, that I don't want to damage.
I purchased this mascara because I wanted one that would define my lashes without clumping but not ruin them, and since I was a fan of beauty tubes it seemed fitting.
This is a good mascara that I will repurchase. I'm also interested in trying to the serum alone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by SarahBearuh

If you've ever tried any double ended mascara [ie: Maybelline XXL], then this one is pretty much just like it. I think the only double ended mascara I've ever tried, that does not look the same would be the waterproof L'Oreal volume shocking mascara [discontinued].
I can't tell you about it's lash growing qualities since I haven't used it long enough to be fair to the product, and I didn't purchase this with the primer set.. but I can say, the mascara isn't that bad.. but I guess expected it to be much worse, to be quite honest. It doesn't overly clump, but it doesn't look extremely natural either. It makes my lashes look very long, but it has a hard time holding a curl. [i recurl after they dry and it holds ok] I don't know, its not bad, and if it works, I would definitely use this as my going to classes mascara.
in the end..
I would buy it again, especially if it really is decent for my lashes, but I don't think I would use this mascara out on the night, anywhere humid, or anywhere I wanted to look particularly nice for. It's just ok.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

That I bought this mascara at all is proof I have a large m/u addiction, since I hate the duel-ended mascara thing, plus the last loreal mascara like that I used was awful. Anyway, this is the serum on one end, mascara on the other, and I use latesse, so I don't really need the serum but I didn't think it would hurt anything. But I don't think it's a primer really, just the serum, and it's hard to cover the whiteness of it with the mascara. It's ok in that it isn't overly wet or messy, this is just an unimpressive mascara to me. On to the next impulse purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by dumplinghao123

Not sure about the other reviews... seems negative...
I didn't buy the serum, but got this mascara alone. I am not sure if it's because I always use poor quality drugstore makeup so that I am easily impressed or something... anyway... I got about 10 mascaras at hand, and this is among the best.
Is that mascara usually becoming not so good after opened for a while? like after two months or something? I found my old mascaras not so impressive as I first use them...
I am thinking what's the next one to try, hehe.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by loomisks

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good product and reasonable price compared to the high end department store lines. The product I bought has mascara on 1 side and the serum on the other - both applied with your typical mascara brush. The serum gives extra volume to the lashes and really makes a difference. Only suggestion to make it better: the serum is white so it looks strange until you apply the mascara which completely covers it - however, they should try and make the serum clear.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by AluvsM73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Trying it out. It's only been a week.
So far, I haven't noticed a difference. The nightime serum is a bit jellylike in consistency, so I have only been applying to the top of my upper lashes, and sparingly on my lower lashes. In the morning, I am still aware of the layer of film on lashes and can't wait to wash it off. The daytime primer is white, but the mascara is normal. I guess my family has noticed my lashes looking fuller, though, because I've gotten more eye contact from them.

Update: Lashes look to be a quarter of a inch longer, so I am sticking it out with it. Will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by aspenskimommy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this mascara boost combo, but I was really let down. I used this with the serum for a while (which I think is amazing) and I found that this mascara shouldn't even be put into a system with the serum. It doesn't go on well, it's flakey, it's just gross.