October 31, 2014 | 1589 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really nice, relaxing and effective night-time product. As someone who doesn't 'get' night-creams (I don't understand the point of paying twice the amount for a heavier day cream, and I don't see the point of applying a product that just sits on your skin, not doing much work), I find myself turning to oils and serums to protect and hydrate my skin in the night-time.
Serums and oils are products that are less complex and are accepted far more easily by your skin's surface layers during the process of the night, and I find that this product, which really combines the two, is for me, a great solution to any night-time hydration issues I wanted to combat. This has really helped my skin, which was really dull before I started using this, and I'm now on the hunt for the perfect eye-cream to use with this, to bring total hydration to my face. I use this as a bit of a massage oil as well, doing a quick Tanaka facial massage on most nights that I'm not too tired... on nights I am quite tired, I just use a jade facial roller. I think that this product has lived up to its claims, it really does something, which is more than you can ask of other serums/oils on the market, and it does so for a reasonably good price for a more accessible luxury skincare brand.
As for other skin types, I don't think this is too bad for those of you with sensitive skin, definitely not bad at all for people with slightly sensitive skin like myself... it's only helped my skin, not caused breakouts despite the various oils and things that are in this product. So all in all, a great product to add to a simple, uncomplicated night-time skincare regimen, which for me has been shortened to a two-step process of eye-cream and midnight oil thanks to this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product. I have sensitive and dehydrated skin and it helped me get moisturized and comfortable. I especially love the smell, very relaxing, right before going to bed. Packaging is high quality and helps you control the amount of oil you use. It might not be my n.1 face oil in regards to apparent results, but I would certainly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by GreedyWitch

At first, I was on the fence about this. It was nice, but didn't do anything miraculous. But I LOVE the eye cream, so I kept both around and didn't pay much attention to the face concentrate for a while. Fast-forward to a few months later, and here I am living in the UK and my skin has gone GONZO dry this winter. I am an oily-skinned guy through and through--you could power a boat engine from the left-side of my face alone, but for some reason, I am as dry as a rock this winter. I slathered on everything here I could find, but was wary of trying anything new, for fear a crop of spots would erupt. So I gave this face concentrate a go again, and WHOA--it not only quenched my thirsty skin, but I noticed the texture was so smooth, my pores are reduced, any redness or irritation is calmed, and my skin is just harmonious! No spots, no clogged pores, no worries. Five stars for Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Because my skin is combo-oily and prone to clogged pores, I use oils seldomly, about 3 days out of a year when my skin is beat up by wind and cold. Given that oils are not for me, I'm reviewing this based on irritation factor, and not greasiness. This serum caused a few sore, red bumps on my cheeks and nose. Later, I found out this contained irritating oils including lavender, which have caused negatives in the past.

As for the soothing effects on my skin, it's no different than any other facial oil I've tried. I would've rated this a 1, but am giving it a 2 because Kiehl's allowed me to sample before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by caztheblonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! Oils tend to suit me better than lotions anyway, but this stuff is just fantastic. Only a couple of days in and my face was visibly smoother and felt great - soft, supple, more youthful. A little goes a very long way so although it is pricey it does last a very long time. I've recommended it to my best friend and mum and they both bought and love it, so it suits all ages. Far and away the best moisturiser I have ever used. I use it in the nights as directed, and use the lighter Acai Damage Repair Serum in the day. As with all products, I recommend getting a sample first - Kiehls are great with giving samples, so you can try it out - a sample will be more than enough for you to know if it works for you. I'm on my second bottle now and can't see me ever stopping using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by jkor05

This caused my face to turn red. If you are sensitive, I recommend you get a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT 07.16.2013:

I'm no longer using this stuff in favor of adopting a simpler regimen with simpler, natural ingredients. It's still a good product, IMO, but just no longer something I need or want to keep using. Original review below.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Overall: 5

Price: 4

Packaging: 4

Buy again: yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference: mid-late 20s, NC25-30, light olive skin, combo/oily acne-prone skin.

I am quickly falling in love with this serum! I received a small sample when I bought the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion, and now I also have a deluxe sample. I have been using it for about 4 days continuously at night, and I love what it's doing for my skin.

I have combo/oily, acne-prone skin that is prone to scarring after breakouts. I was recently getting over some breakouts due to a moisturizer that didn't agree with me, and I found that while the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion helped, this serum has helped a lot with the scarring. It has helped to fade the appearance of the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, and has also made my skin SO smooth that when I was in the shower today, I noticed that my cheeks felt like glass - they were just so smooth and soft. This serum hasn't made my extremely sensitive skin breakout, and while it does make my skin a bit oily, I only wear it at night, and I wear it for the hydrating purposes, so it's ok. This serum has also helped to make my skin tone less blotchy and sallow-looking; I actually don't mind walking around without foundation on sometimes now!

I wear it at night after I've washed my face and applied 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide to my acne prone areas. I drip about 3 drops of the Midnight Recovery Concentrate to my fingers and quickly dot it all over my face and then massage it in. I tend to focus the serum on my cheeks and around my mouth and any leftovers go to my eye area. After that, I apply my eye cream and Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion.

This stuff works for me; I know some of the reviews grumble about how it's a combination of "cheap, simple ingredients", but you know what? The proportion of these ingredients matter, and clearly they're on to something awesome. I will gladly pay for the full size bottle when I run out of my samples!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

I am always very cautious about putting oil on my face as, although I don't have oily skin, I do tend to break out quite easily. So when I received a 5ml sample of this product from Kiehl's, I tried it on and see how it feels. It is a blend of essential oils and it claims to help you hydrate, eliminate fine lines and refine your skin texture. If you have normal/combination skin, you can use it as your night cream or put on something very light after if you have dry skin. So I padded it on, the instant feeling is very smooth and soft. You skin immediately feels hydrated and pumped. However, it breaks me out right away the following day. And it is not only one or two blemishes, it was a proper breakout that took me a week to heal. As an independent experiment to confirm the first breakout was due to the oil, I tried it again a month later and it gave me a total breakout again. So I guess this is not a product for me and I gave it to a friend who has slightly more mature and dry skin and it works like a miracle for her! Take home message, good for dry skin, and don't forget to try it on your face before you purchase it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by melisaberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Finally something work for my skin! I have tried a lot of products with sweet promises and yet they didnít do anything. This Kiehlís Midnight Recovery Concentrate works amazing on my skin. After only one use, I already feel the difference it makes. My skin becoming smoother and clearer. After more than a week using it, I can see some acne scars fading, my skin texture improved, my complexion getting better.

They packed it in a beautiful dark blue heavy glass container, dark bottle keeping the ingredients save from a direct light. The pump pipette nicely controls the amount of how much product you want to use. A nice packaging on my vanity table but I think it could be hard to bring on travel.

Usually I use 3-4 drops at night, rub my fingertips a little to spread this serum evenly, and then gently pat it on my face and neck. The texture is not oily, this doesnít cause a breakout on my oily-acne prone skin, for woman with very dry skin, you might want to add another moisturizer on top of it. Another positive thing is this Kiehís Midnight Recovery Concentrate smells amazing, a true lavender essential oil smell. Very relaxing.

Overall I am satisfied with this product, I will continue to buy this products because it truly works!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a deluxe sample of this (4ml) and I did end up purchasing the full size bottle (along with the eye creme which I also love). I'll start off by saying I have very fair skin, sort of sensitive, but overall i'd say it's normal. I feel like my skin types are really prone to looking dull, at least mine is anyway, especially in the winter months (can you say borderline grey skin!)! I was really pleased with how brightened my face looked in the morning. The couple breakouts I had healed very fast. I am usually not sold on serums and other "miracle" skincare products as I have tried samples of dozens and dozens of serums from all sorts of high end labels and was never ever impressed like I was with this.
Anyway, I like how I only need 2 drops and my whole face feels comfortable. I wouldn't say I feel insanely moisturised or anything, but for me it's a very nice balanced comfortable feeling. I think people who like a really moisturised creamy feel on their skin before bed might not like this, but I guess you can put your creme over this, haven't tried.
I'm not a scent-freak, but this smells really nice. I did not find it overwhelming, but I wear and use essential oils a lot so maybe it doesn't affect me. It's definitely 100% a "natural" smelling product.
Ask for a sample before you buy, sold me on it, I love it!

**** I should also mention that the sample card I got said to pat this gently onto the skin and never smear it.. Not sure why the full-size bottle doesn't say, but maybe the people who find this greasy are smearing it too much into their skin? Dunno, try patting it on.