October 1, 2014 | 1200 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by caztheblonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! Oils tend to suit me better than lotions anyway, but this stuff is just fantastic. Only a couple of days in and my face was visibly smoother and felt great - soft, supple, more youthful. A little goes a very long way so although it is pricey it does last a very long time. I've recommended it to my best friend and mum and they both bought and love it, so it suits all ages. Far and away the best moisturiser I have ever used. I use it in the nights as directed, and use the lighter Acai Damage Repair Serum in the day. As with all products, I recommend getting a sample first - Kiehls are great with giving samples, so you can try it out - a sample will be more than enough for you to know if it works for you. I'm on my second bottle now and can't see me ever stopping using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by jkor05

This caused my face to turn red. If you are sensitive, I recommend you get a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT 07.16.2013:

I'm no longer using this stuff in favor of adopting a simpler regimen with simpler, natural ingredients. It's still a good product, IMO, but just no longer something I need or want to keep using. Original review below.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Overall: 5

Price: 4

Packaging: 4

Buy again: yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference: mid-late 20s, NC25-30, light olive skin, combo/oily acne-prone skin.

I am quickly falling in love with this serum! I received a small sample when I bought the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion, and now I also have a deluxe sample. I have been using it for about 4 days continuously at night, and I love what it's doing for my skin.

I have combo/oily, acne-prone skin that is prone to scarring after breakouts. I was recently getting over some breakouts due to a moisturizer that didn't agree with me, and I found that while the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion helped, this serum has helped a lot with the scarring. It has helped to fade the appearance of the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, and has also made my skin SO smooth that when I was in the shower today, I noticed that my cheeks felt like glass - they were just so smooth and soft. This serum hasn't made my extremely sensitive skin breakout, and while it does make my skin a bit oily, I only wear it at night, and I wear it for the hydrating purposes, so it's ok. This serum has also helped to make my skin tone less blotchy and sallow-looking; I actually don't mind walking around without foundation on sometimes now!

I wear it at night after I've washed my face and applied 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide to my acne prone areas. I drip about 3 drops of the Midnight Recovery Concentrate to my fingers and quickly dot it all over my face and then massage it in. I tend to focus the serum on my cheeks and around my mouth and any leftovers go to my eye area. After that, I apply my eye cream and Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion.

This stuff works for me; I know some of the reviews grumble about how it's a combination of "cheap, simple ingredients", but you know what? The proportion of these ingredients matter, and clearly they're on to something awesome. I will gladly pay for the full size bottle when I run out of my samples!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

I am always very cautious about putting oil on my face as, although I don't have oily skin, I do tend to break out quite easily. So when I received a 5ml sample of this product from Kiehl's, I tried it on and see how it feels. It is a blend of essential oils and it claims to help you hydrate, eliminate fine lines and refine your skin texture. If you have normal/combination skin, you can use it as your night cream or put on something very light after if you have dry skin. So I padded it on, the instant feeling is very smooth and soft. You skin immediately feels hydrated and pumped. However, it breaks me out right away the following day. And it is not only one or two blemishes, it was a proper breakout that took me a week to heal. As an independent experiment to confirm the first breakout was due to the oil, I tried it again a month later and it gave me a total breakout again. So I guess this is not a product for me and I gave it to a friend who has slightly more mature and dry skin and it works like a miracle for her! Take home message, good for dry skin, and don't forget to try it on your face before you purchase it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by melisaberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Finally something work for my skin! I have tried a lot of products with sweet promises and yet they didnít do anything. This Kiehlís Midnight Recovery Concentrate works amazing on my skin. After only one use, I already feel the difference it makes. My skin becoming smoother and clearer. After more than a week using it, I can see some acne scars fading, my skin texture improved, my complexion getting better.

They packed it in a beautiful dark blue heavy glass container, dark bottle keeping the ingredients save from a direct light. The pump pipette nicely controls the amount of how much product you want to use. A nice packaging on my vanity table but I think it could be hard to bring on travel.

Usually I use 3-4 drops at night, rub my fingertips a little to spread this serum evenly, and then gently pat it on my face and neck. The texture is not oily, this doesnít cause a breakout on my oily-acne prone skin, for woman with very dry skin, you might want to add another moisturizer on top of it. Another positive thing is this Kiehís Midnight Recovery Concentrate smells amazing, a true lavender essential oil smell. Very relaxing.

Overall I am satisfied with this product, I will continue to buy this products because it truly works!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a deluxe sample of this (4ml) and I did end up purchasing the full size bottle (along with the eye creme which I also love). I'll start off by saying I have very fair skin, sort of sensitive, but overall i'd say it's normal. I feel like my skin types are really prone to looking dull, at least mine is anyway, especially in the winter months (can you say borderline grey skin!)! I was really pleased with how brightened my face looked in the morning. The couple breakouts I had healed very fast. I am usually not sold on serums and other "miracle" skincare products as I have tried samples of dozens and dozens of serums from all sorts of high end labels and was never ever impressed like I was with this.
Anyway, I like how I only need 2 drops and my whole face feels comfortable. I wouldn't say I feel insanely moisturised or anything, but for me it's a very nice balanced comfortable feeling. I think people who like a really moisturised creamy feel on their skin before bed might not like this, but I guess you can put your creme over this, haven't tried.
I'm not a scent-freak, but this smells really nice. I did not find it overwhelming, but I wear and use essential oils a lot so maybe it doesn't affect me. It's definitely 100% a "natural" smelling product.
Ask for a sample before you buy, sold me on it, I love it!

**** I should also mention that the sample card I got said to pat this gently onto the skin and never smear it.. Not sure why the full-size bottle doesn't say, but maybe the people who find this greasy are smearing it too much into their skin? Dunno, try patting it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by cuschlamochree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As I saw someone else point out, this is pretty much just a mixture of oils with some fragrance added to it. I sometimes use this as a moisture booster during the day when I don't feel like smearing on anything heavy. I love the herbal smell, and the face drinks this stuff up nicely and is left fresh and glowing, but other than the cosmetic benefit this doesn't do much for me. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Do your skin the biggest favor!! Buy this. Hands down the best skin treatment for night. I place one drop on forehead, one on each cheek and chin, every night, you wake up refreshed and no breakouts like most heavy night creams. This is a lightweight oil blend, the next day, I swear it actually helps control my oily combo skin. It's magic!! The eye cream that goes with it...not so much. Buy this!!! Lasts forever!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing special about this. It's just a blend of oils, and not all of them are good. For example, jojoba oil, primrose oil and rose hip oil are good for your skin, but you wanna stay away from lavender, rosemary and fragant susbtances such as linalool, citronellol and limonene. I dislike when companies that claim to be "natural" use lots of perfume on their products. Seems like they put more effort on making fragrances for products that in producing good quality products, since this has 8 types of fragrances and way less beneficial ingredients for your skin. Overall, overpriced for what you get (a blend of 3-4 beneficial oils and tons of fragance) and not worth the hype.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by chandrikas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi,

I totally love this product. I have been using it for about 2 months now and I see so much of a difference on my face. I have been suffering from acne for some time and it has caused me a lot of pigmentation and discolouration.

I use this serum/oil as the last step in my night time routine. For me personally it makes my skin oily when I apply it. It bothered me in the beginning but when I woke the next morning, my face felt fresh and bright & with no signs of oil.

This also has a very soothing fragrance to it. The product claims to promote sleep but I don't think its entirely true but I definitely love what it does to my skin the next day.

I use about 2-3 drops every night so I am sure this 30ml bottle is going to last for looong time! So complaints about the price. Its totally worth! :)