Revlon Minted #85

3.1

on 8/30/2010 9:33:00 PM

I went on a hunt for this, since I was having a difficult time finding Essie's "mint candy apple." Needless to say, after attempting to use it just once, it now lives in the trash can. The formula was clumpy and just not good at all.

on 8/26/2010 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I def agree with everyone that the texture of this polish is terrible! Very watery when you first put it on and if you go over the same spot, it clumps really fast which I don't like. 1st coat looks gross, 2nd coat looks much better. Put it on thick bc it doesn't look as streaky that way. Take your time too bc its a rough polish to work with. This is my first green color ever and I kinda like it! Its a weird diff looking green thats very unique. Looks great with a tan too! Great color for Summer or Spring. Just put it on very neatly and clean up any polish that gets on your skin or else you will look like you painted your nails with green paint! lol

I'm a little obsessed with mint nail polishes. I have Avon's "Jade" and two minty shades by Essie. My Ulta doesn't carry a mint shade by OPI, Orly, or China Glaze. Today, this was actually the only creamy mint shade in the entire store so for around $5, it made it's way into my shopping bag! I was too excited to try it out, so for my first use (about ten hours ago) I used the Orly Bonder as a base coat, which always makes my nailpolish ten times better! With this formula, however, this just wasn't the case. I have many other Revlon polishes, my favorite being a hot coral pink shade (can't think of the name!) and their textures are light, smooth, layerable, and quick to harden. "Minted" is just none of the above. The color is gorgeous, don't get me wrong. It's the creamiest pale mint I have ever seen! But as soon as I applied it, I noticed it was quite a thick formula. It was so streaky, even over my Bonder base, which for other polishes, allows me to make one coat look like two! I applied a second coat and it was still "see-through" in spots while "gloppy" in others. When I thought it couldn't be worse, the polish started to bubble everywhere! After three gloppy, bubbly coats I thought I must have received an old bottle or one that had been subjected to excess heat during shipment. However after reading these reviews I can tell that the formula is just this way. I even tried a top coat over the mess, which seemed to smooth out the bubbles while still wet, but upon drying, there were still many bumps. The polish does not harden and easily dents. For these reasons, I will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this color but the first time I tried to use it with a regular clear base coat there were streaks even after using three coats. The next time I tried it I used a cheap white polish without any base coat and one coat of Minted on top of the white. There were no streaks at all. I will definitely be using this color again.

I like this color a lot. As with any pastel nail polish, it does take a little more work to get an even look. I used two very thin streaky coats, allowing the polish to dry between coats, then added a third slightly thicker layer, and the polish looked great! I submitted a picture of the first manicure I did with it (the one stamped with green leaves).

Overall, this one is a winner in my book - I'm glad it's now part of the Revlon core collection.

on 8/17/2010 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ive only worn this on my nails once and there's already a bunch of crust on the rim of the bottle. I really dont like the consistency of it. You definitiely have to apply 2 coats. It looked kinda matte after my second coat (almost like a white out) so i put on my Seche top coat and that seemed to solve any problems i had with this polish. Ive been wanting a color like this for a while now, but once im done with this bottle, ill be looking for another brand (in the same color). I was thinking maybe "for Aubrey" by China Glaze.

Color is very cute, and with three coats it looks awesome. Don't understand the bad reviews, i've used it a few times and with a top coat it didn't chip for days. Would definitely recommend!

on 8/10/2010 7:41:00 PM

I have read the reviews and am not agreed with what other reviewers said. I totally have no issue with this nail polish. Actually before I bought this, I bought another pastel color from Relvon and yes I agree that the nail polish is streaky but I do not need to apply more than two coats. And it is not gross or bubbly. I totally love this color alot! It can last me more than a week. But I have a habit of peeling nail polishes off my nails so it takes me 5 days to remove them completely. I also like how they are easily being peel off so I can use little nail remover on it. This is just my two cents worth. You can disagree.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a gorgeous color but somewhat hard to deal with. China Glaze's Re-fresh Mint is almost identical, and a higher quality polish. I love that there are inexpensive choices for mint greens. A good mint green polish used to be pretty difficult to find, but I guess it's in this season.

Despite the other reveiws on this product I love this color.
Ok, so the formula is a little bit tricky, but with a good base coat, 3 coats of the color and seche vite this stuff looks amazing!
I'm totally repurchasing.