December 20, 2014 | 936 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Brulee

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Marywanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Use it everyday as an all over lid colour. Kind of chalky, but applies nicely and lasts all day. It was about two dollars Canadian and I'll re-purchase as soon as I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by beauty1204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture of this shadow is superb! It's far more rich and creamy than any of MAC's matte (and even matte2!) eyeshadows. Brulee reminds me of MAC's Bisque eyeshadow but with less pink undertones and greater pigmentation. I use this all over the lid and normally pair it with something in the crease and/or outer corner of my eye. My only issue with WnW eyeshadows is that they're really fragile. Just carrying them around in my purse can cause them to shatter or chip. (And don't even think about dropping them!) Nevertheless, I love this shadow and would repurchase over and over again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by frecklesrock

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Thank you for this review and the gal who mentioned using this as a under eye circle cover! I have this color and after reading the review immediately tried it under my eyes. SHAZAM it worked. Who would of thought? I have a ton of different cover creams/powders/concealers in my arsonal and am always looking for a better one for my heriditary under eye circles. Never would of thought of trying this eyeshadow as a cover up. Now I am going to stock up on this color.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by next1

Wow its amazing what your learn while reading makeupalley reviews. I would never have thought to use this as a setting powder for undereye concealer but dayum this works wonders, it def gives a Kim kardashian effect without the mounds of concealer that make me look cakey. Now I will say I am hispanic so I have to dust over everything with a more yellow toned setting powder but its amazing. Also after all my makeup is on I also use this as a highlighter its more subtle than a shimmery one so it may take some getting used to but def try it, I had to look deep to find these suggestions because as an eyeshadow its a matte cream highlight...big woop I have 30 of them. But give the other uses a try, and if u hate them yes it still is a great highlight shade if u care for the understated look.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS:
*Great when lightly dusted on as an eyeshadow a base to prime lids and prevent creasing. I wouldn't use a regular eyeshadow brush to pat this on because it would put on too much of this product down and consequently can alter/lighten the eyeshadow you place on top. Unless that's what you're going for.
*Works well to blend/soften crease colors on a fluffy crease brush. (it's pigmented though, so less is more for this purpose)
*Light skinned persons could use this to cover/conceal discoloration on eyelids and on acne scars.
*Matte, opaque, fairly creamy texture for a powder.
*Cheap

CONS:

*I personally find the undertone to be a little too ashy for me and haven't really liked how it looked on me when used as an eyeshadow or a brow highlight. But that's probably why it works well for concealing discoloration and redness. It doesn't come off as grey or green or anything, it's definitely a cream color, just to make that clear, but to me seems that it has no red or peach undertones at all which doesn't do me any favors apart from concealing/color correcting.
*While good for concealing discoloration, it's not so good at concealing any active breakout or healing breakout. It accentuates dryness and flakes really bad and looks cakey and obvious even when minimal product is used on a blemish. It's not intended for this purpose, mind you, so can't knock the product for this, but just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone who may be interested in getting this product to use as a concealer for acne. Works fine on scars, though. (on fair-light-skinned persons only)

I personally won't be buying this product again. I have 2 already, bought them both at the same time, one is is still unopened, and I've been using the other one for more than a year and have barely made a dent in it because my purposes don't require much product at all and I also don't use it every single time I do my make-up. I guess I just can't foresee a time when I'll feel any need to go purchase another one, even assuming I ever use up the 2 I have.
As an aside, I use the WnW color "Nutty" every day, and have yet to find any eyeshadow I love more than that one. You can check my profile if you want to read that review.
Hope my review was helpful.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

great highlight shade
its not chalky at all it very creamy and not powdery
i love this all over the lid on lazy days and use it everyday for my brow highlight
i have 5 backups will always buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by samsungasong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like the texture of this eye shadow. Although it is a creamy texture & looks good in the container, once applied it looks very chalky. This eye shadow was very cheap ($2AU) & I believe for the same price you could get much better. The eye shadow itself looks classy in the container yet on the other hand the container looks cheap & is very difficult to open which is frustrating. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely matte with not one bit of shimmer. As I get older, shimmer is becoming my Kryptonite. It tends to bring out those oh-so-not-attractive little creepy bits that are slowly sneaking up on me in my advancing age. This has no shimmer at ALL, a true matte shadow that manages to NOT be chalky. Miracle! Especially given this particular shade of nude!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

I really enjoy this shadow it is so versatile and it really is a staple for me. This is so affordable and works just the same as more expensive shadows. There is not much I can say that has not already been said. The problem however, is that because it is so soft, it always crumbles, even if I dont drop it. I've noticed wet n wild powder products IME are very likely to crumble once you expose the pan even a bit. So, IMO its not worth it to me because of the hassle and even if it's so cheap I replace it more often than it should be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love to use this as a transitional color or all over the lid before I apply other colors of eye shadow. It covers up any veins, redness, or darkness from my eye lids and lets me start of my eye shadow application with a clean slate.