Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Brulee

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

on 2/7/2013 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This has replaced MAC Brule and Bobbi Brown Bone for me. I have to correct something said by another reviewer -- WNW Brule is not $13 cheaper than Bobbi Brown -- it's $19 cheaper. WNW Brule goes on smooth and creamy -- for me MAC Brule went on almost as well as the WNW and BB Bone went on almost chalky. I wear this as my everyday eye color, along with some liner and mascara. I use this all over my lid up to my brow, my inner eye and below my eye right under the lash line. It lasts all day on me, but I'm applying it on top of MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. It doesn't make my eyes look crepey and doesn't fade or get shiny through the day. It brightens my eye area and tones down some of the blueness in my lids. This, for me, works better than any HE shadow I've used.

on 2/7/2013 8:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I believe in the hype of this product. I don't know what it is about this but i love it. Sometimes i use this all over my lid alone, sometimes as a base under other shades. I love the texture and how it looks. For something so insignificant, i don't know what it is but its lovely!

The texture is heavier than normal eyeshadow, its great as a base and seems to keep the oil at bay. For my skintone (yellow based), yellow corrector or shadow brightens my skin. This seems to do the same. The packaging is surprisingly sturdy, plain looking but i'm happy as long as it doesn't break.

on 2/3/2013 1:36:00 PM

I'm going to weigh in on this one. Like everyone else I bought it because of the number of positive reviews and its rating. I have found that the cheaper something is, and the less it sux by comparison, the higher a score it gets. I will say that this performs better than Bobby Brown's Bone shadow--but only slightly. But just because it's $13 cheaper doesn't mean it gets a high rating. It is simply not a good product. It looks good in the packaging, for sure. It's main ingredient is talc (think baby powder). A little is completely invisible--start piling it on for color and it will start piling into any fine lines you didn't even know you had. Just because something is cheap does not make it better.

on 2/2/2013 3:19:00 PM

Perfect matte nude color

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Wet 'n' Wild, know this. If you were a human being, and not an awkwardly named brand, I would marry you.
Welp, now that I've got that out of the way, I'm just about ready to pick up ten of these babies. They're that lovely and oh-so-cheap. It has a very smooth, never chalky texture, goes on so nicely and stays on forever, or close to it. It's another WnW product that has multiple uses...
1. Subtle eyeshadow for those days you don't want to look made up but still want to look nice.
2. Those who are hatin' on liquid concealers, this conceals surprisingly well, especially considering it's a freaking eyeshadow.
3. It sets undereye concealer amazingly well. Just take a teensy amount on a brush and gently tap it under your eyes. I also like to spray my setting spray (I use the ELF one) onto a sponge tip applicator and pply it under my eyes afterwards and I'm crease free for several hours.
4. It's great for covering any veins or discoloration around the eye area.
Simply put, this eyeshadow is a treasure. But the packaging almost ruins it. Be VERY careful opening this, otherwise it will shatter. Still useable, but much messier. I tend to expect this from WnW, they create a product that has me cheering in the aisles of CVS, then make it go to pieces if you look at it hard enough. I suppose this is what keeps this brand so cheap, so I won't complain. I'll just continue loving this brand and will probably hug the CEO if I ever happen to run into them.

on 1/24/2013 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great great base color! Applies like a dream, really natural but brightens up your eyelid. Pigmentation is superb. Definitely want to stock up.

on 1/24/2013 2:04:00 AM

A bad highlighter shade can make an entire look fall apart. On the other hand, a great highlighter shade elevates it, like a cherry on top of a sundae. I have hooded eyes, and I need that pale neutral shade to create as much space as possible between my brows and crease. So for me, a great brow bone shade is not optional: it's absolutely essential.

I have a million palettes, and they don't have the best offerings when it comes to highlighter shades. Either they aren't pigmented enough, and I'm going back over and over again to get enough on my brow bone. Or they're too sparkly, or too white, or too something. And often there's only one or two highlighter shades in the entire palette.

So when I saw this little Wet'n'Wild shade, I thought: Perfect! It's the perfectly subtle cream shade, that's just light enough without being chalky. It blends well with all my other shadows, too--Urband Decay, LORAC, theBalm, etc. It doesn't have the silky feel of high-end brands, but it applies beautifully, and doesn't look chalky or powdery. If you haven't heard, Wet'n'Wild's Color Icon eyeshadow line is incredible. It's not just great for drug store: it's great.

on 12/20/2012 9:44:00 PM

The ONLY eyeshadow I've ever hit pan on (that is saying a lot). The quality is superb, it has such a buttery smooth texture and is very pigmented. I prefer this to MAC Brule eyeshadow. I use this everyday, paired with a matte brown in the crease, and liquid liner in a cat-eye shape, for a classic old school glamour look. Will repurchase forever!

on 11/30/2012 11:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I love this color, I use it on top of Urban Decay's primer in Eden almost every day as a neutral base color. Pigmentation is great, not chalky or transparent such as MAC's Vanilla. Great value.

on 11/24/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product! Exact dupe for MAC's brule eyeshadow. Great pigmentation, the only problem was that it is a bit chalky, but then again it was only $2 so you can't argue with that.