April 16, 2014 | 1970 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Brulee

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by scotzirish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the versatility of this matte eyeshadow. I am very fair skinned, and use this daily over my entire lid with a bit of dark eyeliner at the upper and lower lash lines, finished out with black mascara. It makes for a very classic, clean look for work without taking loads of time in the busy morning. I find that this eyeshadow also doubles wonderfully as a cover for blemishes, as it blends well with my mineral-powder makeup base and additionally covers any stubborn redness. It is so difficult to find a great neutral, light-colored shadow without all the sparkles and glitter so prevalent in most of today's shadows, and I'm glad I found this one. It is VERY affordable at my local drugstore and I keep several stocked-up and on-hand for my make-up bag and for use when getting ready in the morning. I hope this color sticks around, as it is my absolute favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is one of those good all over neutrals for lighter skins and works as a highlight for medium tan skins. It's just a generic light matte cream shade, that isn't anything too interesting but its something good to have for someone of any complexion, and it's cheap so it tops paying $15-$20 instead of around $2 for this one. It translates too ashy in contrast with my skin (NC40 neutral) to use all over my eyelid so I use it as a highlight when i go for matte looks but I usually prefer shimmer, just a preference of mine but the quality of the shadow its great. I think the pigmentation is good, it goes on smoothly and lasts. Alot of reviews have a bone to pick with the packaging but mine really doesn't bother me, it's small and easy to travel with. I haven't experienced mine breaking, mine seems sturdy to me but if that changes I will update. All in all I don't regret buying it and would probably repurchase although I wouldn't necessarily Run to buy it, I could live without it but it's just a good thing to have!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

This is a great matte shade for highlighting around the eye. I love the price, tiny packaging, and the smooth formula. I just think it needs to be a touch more pigmented and I still think Bare Essentials Soul is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by sasami999

Super cheap and versatile. Great pigmentation and blendability. I most commonly use this to just lighten up my eye area when I want to use a dramatic liner and keep the shadow simple.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by dramagirl18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an overall great product. It is very smooth and buttery, but I found that, like four of my other wet'n'wild eyeshadows, it broke without dropping it or hitting it. The packaging is a little difficult to open as well. Will be repurchasing this product as soon as I get tired of using the broken one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been searching for a MATTE creamy colored shadow from the drugstore for AGES AND AGES. I was actually on my way to Sephora to get one from Urban Decay when I stopped at a Rite Aid to grab a soda and this caught my eye. I bought it on the spot, no questions asked xD

I had heard a TON of good things about this shadow and I am thoroughly impressed! It is a very simple neutral cream color that works wonderfully as a brow highlight. I hate that "sparkly brow" look so this is perfect for me!

I also love the teeny little package! It's great for travel and it isn't wasting a ton of extra plastic. I much prefer when companies keep plastic packaging to a minimum *ahem* Revlon *ahem*

I just got this today but it will probably last me a good decade before I need to repurchase! I really like it and totally recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mmbabies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this! I use it almost everyday as my highlight color. the packaging is a bit hard to open but I love it so much I don't even care. The shadow is very soft and pigmented well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I've already bought this about three times and love it so much. Not only does it make the perfect es base without being too powdery or chalky, but I use it EVERY day with a soft brush after applying under eye concealer. Yep, I use it under my eyes. It is so finely milled that it won't cake up, but really helps to set the concealer, add a little more coverage, and it keeps your mascara from ending up under your eyes. Try it!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

If you're light to light-medium skinned, this is one of those buttery, matte "nude" colors (i.e. probably will disappear on your eyelid) that's useful for a neutral eye or for blending out your other eyeshadow colors. I use it pretty much every day to tone down the edges of my colored eyeshadows or to mattify my eyelids (since I have oily lids). You only need one swipe of the product on your brush to cover one whole eye.

Like all the new Wet n Wild eyeshadows, this one is super buttery and pigmented. I have a tendancy to go through it quickly because it's soft and has a tendancy to crumble / break if you're not gentle with it. (I've broken one or two already just by dropping or tapping it against something.) For the super cheap price though, this quality e/s is unbeatable. I highly recommend it for everyone, regardless of whether you wear 'natural' e/s or colorful e/s. It's a very versatile product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by annabelle807

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this eyeshadow quite a while ago, so I think I've gotten a pretty good sense of how well this works for me.

When I first opened the packaging (which felt quite cheap but was light I guess?) I was impressed by how buttery the eyeshadow was. It spread and blended easily and was quite opaque with just one swipe.

I bought it initially planning to use as a undereye concealer/to even out the discolouration from veins on my eyelids and I think it works pretty well for the latter purpose. However, while it covers them completely and is a pretty good match for my skintone, I find it just a wee bit too light, thus making the area look ashy. As an undereye concealer, this would be a good option for those with light skin and undereye circles. It worked pretty well towards the beginning of my school term but as I had to stay up later and later to finish assignments and *ahem* cram for exams it became less effective. It works as a great setting powder for similarly coloured cream/liquid concealers though!

I just started wearing coloured eyeshadows and I think this is a great brow highlight colour/transition colour/base colour as well. Simply put, it's a multi-tasker, a miracle worker, an amazing eyeshadow! And all for a really great price too (about $2-3 CAD at Walmart)!

While this is a great colour, it gets one lippie of for looking a bit ashy at times. I would still repurchase (especially at this price point) though!