October 24, 2014 | 1733 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Rorien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty much one of the best drugstore nail polishes out there. Although the color selection is limited, I do love what is offered. I currently own Dusty Rose, Steel Grey, Hot Cocoa, and Pink Bliss. & I love them all!

My favorite part about these polishes is the brush. It's flat and makes application smooth and easy. Most of these polishes look great with just a single coat too (with the exception of Pink Bliss)! They are fairly quick to dry compared to other brands I have tried. The packaging is cute and classy and the price is reasonable in comparison to the quality you receive.

I would definitely recommend these. I just wish they came out with more colors! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by noni51

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just received the Lasting finish Pro enamel in English Rose..it is the most beautiful color..my sister and niece saw it on my toes and now they want the same color and I can't seem to find it anywhere right now..checked at walmart and walgreens.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by lookupitzcybill

Got this in Bare Naked and I'M LOVING IT! It's a beautiful peachy pink color with shimmer. 2 coats gives me the perfect coverage. I would recommend this color to anyone looking for a great peachy pink color that is great for spring and summer! This is definitely going to be my HG for spring and summer! The brush is thick and wide, which applied the color well. I'll update with it's lasting power because I just put it on today! I also bought Steel Gray which looks like a nice color for fall, not something I'd wear while the sun is out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The square bottle is pretty & the mega-wide brush caught my eye, so I bought the Base Coat Top Coat Pro (clear) as I wasn't fond of any of the colors except for red but wasn't ready to take the plunge on an opaque creme with this kind of giant brush.

Looking closely at the brush, it looks like 2 brushes of colorless nylon bristles welded together into one wide, flat brush. The tip is slightly rounded, which I didn't notice until I opened the bottle to paint my nail.

This brush is very similar to SH Insta-Dri colors in the tall triangular bottle, except a little more streamlined & 'classy'. The Insta-Dri brush is so huge for my nailbeds & raggedy that it's essentially unusable. Rimmel's Pro brush is a little easier.

As for product performance, I can't speak b/c I haven't tested it out yet, & with regard to color, well, there is none in what I chose, obviously. My review is based primarily on the brush construction & quality.

I swatched this on my pinky nail only, over an existing manicure, & find that this isn't a fast-dry topcoat, so I was thinking this is a clear topcoat I will sandwich beneath Seche Vite to minimize color shrinkage at the tips, especially if this type of brush makes it a breeze to apply & not a hassle (my pinky nail was a bit small for it however, it needs like 1 stroke).

I gotta say I love the bottle - thick square glass that makes it rather impossible to knock over. I paid $4 for this polish at Duane Reade. The cap & bristles are sufficiently long, though I feel the overall length of the brush stem is awkwardly short.

But I may go out & buy the red color afterall.....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by jesssimae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 230 hot cocoa, its beautiful. I wanted the steel gray but when i swatched it it didn't look good :(...but its ok because then i saw this beautiful browned dusty rose color that looks gorgeous on me :) Normally i wouldn't get such a subdued almost neutral color but theres something about it thats special. I get complements all the time on it and Ive been wearing it for 2 weeks straight. this week i jazzed it up with a bright gold ring finger and the others how cocoa. I would say that the color is misnamed because its not that brown, just a hint in a beautiful subdued and classy pink. try it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by riama

I just applied some Posh Pink Lasting Finish Pro, and it looks amazing on my toes! The application was smooth - the consistency and colour look great even after one coat, which I really like. As some others have stated, the brush is wider than your usual polish brush, which did lead to some polish on the skin around my toes - but that's nothing that can't be solved with a Q-tip and some nail polish remover. It looks great, and I'll edit again with an update on how long 2 coats lasted on my toes!

edit: the 2 coats on my toes are still looking great/perfect, and it's been 5 days! However, the polish on my hands (two coats as well) chipped after less than 24 hours. The colour is still strong though ... I will try with a top-coat next time, since I was just curious to see how long it could go chip-free without one. Still really liking the vibrant colour! (Posh Pink)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by calixa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love these! They go on smooth and are definitely long lasting - though not 10 days, that's just wishful thinking. But even so, I got four whole days with no chipping at all - AMAZING!!! Some shades require 3 coats for full coverage, but I don't mind doing multiple coats. Drying time is not too bad. I really like the formula and the colors are nice. I can't wait for them to add more!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

If Godzilla wore nail polish, he would use the brush that comes with Lasting Finish Pro. Seriously. This brush is HUGE! I've never seen a polish with such a wide brush before. This can be both a good and bad thing. It's really helpful on wider nails (such as the thumb nail) which you can paint in, literally, one swipe. However, it can be difficult to paint smaller nails (such as the pinky finger) without getting polish on the skin around the nail. So if you have really small nails, then this brush could be a nightmare.

The polish itself is probably one of the best I've ever used. So far I only own Posh Pink. It's a beautiful hot pink shade, the perfect color for spring and summer.

One thing that I didn't really like about this polish is that it seems to take much longer to dry than other polishes that I have used. I gave myself a two coat mani/pedi on Wednesday night at around 8pm. I stayed up watching tv until about 2am. That means that my nails had about 6 hours to dry before I went to sleep, but when I woke up the next day, I noticed faint sheet marks on a few of my nails. The only way that could have happened is if my nails were still tacky when I went to bed....I kind of expected that my nails would've been dry after 6 hours…but it isn't a huge deal, as I will just make an effort to paint my nails earlier in the day when I use this polish from now on.

As far as application goes, this polish goes on very smooth and evenly. I probably could've gotten away with one coat, but I did two just to make the color more vivid.

It says on the bottle that it lasts up to 10 days. I painted my nails on Wednesday, today is Monday, and my nails still look pretty darn good. My pedi is still chip free. My mani started to chip ever so slightly around the edges on Friday, but didn't really start to chip noticeably until Sunday. Even still, the chipping is only concentrated around the edges, and just on a few nails. It's no where near what I consider major chippage, and there are a few nails that still remain chip free. I think that is pretty good. I would rate this polish as the longest lasting that I've ever used. Great stuff, even with the few minor issues with drying time and the brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This may very well be the best polish I have ever used. And that is a HUGE statement there, as I own probably more that 200 polishes so its really hard to impress me anymore. I'm a bit of a polish connoisseur, I've been doing my own nails since childhood, so I consider myself a pretty good critic. I bought my first bottle of this line tonight, Lava Red, which is a blackened dark red that has that 'lit from within' look that I swoon for. Nice bottle, and a PERFECT brush- its got a big wide brush like the SH Insta-Dri line, which I've been raving about forever. It allows me to cover the whole nail in one stroke and the bristles are cut in a curve which allows for a nice neat gap. Its flawless in 2 coats, and has a smooth, workable formula. One of my biggest polish pet peeves is when you're applying a coat & it starts to get tacky & clump up when you do more than 2 strokes. Not with this polish- you actually have time to smooth out the coats before they start to dry. I did 5 strokes on one nail with not one BIT of tip drag! Unbelievable. The only complaint I have, and I mean the ONLY complaint- is that drying time could be a bit better. But I am totally in love, I will DEFINITELY repurchase this polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by kecying

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Crystal Clear (a serendipitous mistake -- it was placed under 'Top and Bottom Coat' but I did not check before I paid, else I would never have bought it!) and Gold Silk (taupey pearl with gold undertones) and love them! I layer Gold Silk above some of my brighter polishes that I'm afraid to wear on a regular basis, and it gives it a pearly, less shout-out effect that was very elegant. While Revlon nail polishes chip on me (I wash dishes every night), using either of my Rimmel polishes allowed my nail polish to last about a week -- very long by my standards! The formula for both are smooth, not streaky or thick. The wide brush makes application a breeze -- I use them so much I now feel weird with the normal brushes. Will definitely look out for more colors in the future -- it helps that I got these at Walgreens for $2 each, what a bargain!