December 20, 2014 | 1130 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

Waste of money. I don't have dry or oily lids. I was excited to try this. I'd previously used UDPP, Too Faced, and ELF (which, for a buck, does better than all of them combined). I was very disappointed. I use it before I put on Lorac eye shadows as well as with my UD Naked Palette. I can't tell you how many times during the day I walk into the restroom or look in a mirror and cringe after using this stuff. I someone use eye liner and then apply an eye shadow over it for a mature look at a work -- with this stuff, the whole "line" will have moved from the base of my lashes to the middle of my eye (this never happens with ELF). So disgusting and cheap. This product is the worst out there. Also, if I just use with shadow, my look will have faded by the evening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Fantastic product. I took the plunge and bought this because I kept reading reviews on this and how people were saying this was better than both UDPP and TFSI. To be frank my first thought was "pfft! Nothing can beat those two", (I have used both, plus the Nars one). But my curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the trigger and got it anyway (full-sized). The first thing I noticed is that the texture is completely different from the other three that I had used; it is almost like an eyecream in that it feels very creamy on the eyes, whereas UDPP tends to be watery, TSFI a bit difficult to blend, and the Nars one also watery but not so much as UD. Personally I wouldn't say that this is the "be all, end all" eye primer, as I found that my eye makeup lasted the same for all four primers, but I find that the Lorac one is the most pleasant one on the skin. I did, however, notice that my eye area is less dry, and my eyes don't get as red at the end of the day as with the other three (long hours plus contacts). It might be due to the different ingredients but I like this one the most because it's creamier and seems more gentle on my skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really great primer. The color is described as "sheer ivory beige." I would say that is accurate. What I found is that the color just melts into your own skin tone, so I think this would work well for many different shades of skin color. This does a nice job of keeping eye colors on, and doesn't let your lids get greasy. For $20, you get a .47 oz tube that lasts a long time. A little goes a long way with this product. If not for the Kat von D eyeshadow primer, I think this would be my HG. However, I need the yellow base in the KVD one to even out some lid discoloration I have, and it is also just one amazing primer (please see my review on that as well!). You can get a sample of this at sephora, and I would recommend doing just that. A little sample pot will last you probably about a week. I highly recommend this!

Per Sephora.com:
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- GMOs

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by struckanerve88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My aunt gave me two sample sizes of this product because they didn't work for her. And I really enjoy this primer, it isn't too sticky so it doesn't accentuate thin skin/wrinkles on the eyelid. The only problem I had was the packaging. I dunno if this is just because I had sample sizes, but I found it very hard to squeeze out product near the end. I ended up cutting the tubes open when I could no longer squeeze anything out, and I was able to scoop out a whole lot of product I would say half of the product was still in the tube. I put it into an old .24 oz jar I had and the sample is .17oz and the jar looks about 1/3 to half full. I guess this shows even with a squeeze tube you can't get everything out without destroying the packaging. I even had to throw out a glob of it from the crimp area of the tube because it had somehow dried out. Like instead of being sort of liquidy the product I pulled out from near the crimp is like sticky tack. Anyway this is still a good product I would not hesitate to buy this in a full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily eyelids. After using up my artdeco primer and learning it was no longer available at HSN--I had to switch brands. The only other primer that has worked for me is UDPP, but since I love Lorac shadows I gave this a try. Its as good as UDPP but packaged much better. Definitely try if you find a deal on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Emese1

Best eye primer! I can whole heartedly recommend it to anyone. It keeps the e/s in place, no creasing, for at least 8 hours. I've used mine for about a year and still have almost half of it left. Though I don't use e/s every day.
The best thing is the packaging. I've used Artdeco's primer before, but it was in a small pot and dried out. Not this one! The tube is fantastic!
It's worth the price. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

Amazing product. I bought this on the Close Up: Real Life To Red Carpet Eye Tutorial set so I spent on it almost nothing. It makes my eyeshadows stay reasonably, (I have extremely oily lids and when wearing it my es lasts 10-12 hours without creasing and without fading a lot) Best purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by lsp372

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in one of the sets. It seems to work equallay well to urban decay, too faced, etc. I can't tell a difference- it's a light nude color and easy to spread, eye shadow stays well and I have had no creasing or fading problems. Lol I would buy it again, but I'll see if I can't get it in one of Lorac's kits for cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by yanange

I have super duper oily eye lids and crazy T-zone!! I literally get oily within 2 hours. I haven't tried UDPP so I can't compare. But this stuff is amazing, For around AUD $20, I bought it off ebay and because of great reviews on MUA! Love it, I have used NYX eyeshadows with it, helps me to keep it on for over 5 hours, though it does smudge a little, it is still very very very nice even if I go into the 6th or 7th hour.

This makes the colour more pigmented and vibrant, also helps if you use a matte eyeshadow, I think it helps to keep the colour longer!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyelid primer I have used/found since my beloved Lumiere one was discontinued. I have rather unlined olive skin, but around my eyes I'm beginning to have a tendency to show very fine lines mostly when wearing eye makeup. LORAC's does the trick not to exaggerate those lines by allowing eyeshadow to trickle into the creases AND it doesn't look like white face paint on my lid's. It goes on very sheer and lightweight.

I thought to give it a 4 because of the cost, but think that for how little you have to use, it's still cost effective,compared to many of the ones out there. I think I may prefer it to the Lumiere, but that was $7 for a tube that was twice as big.

It also doesn't seem to irritate my eyes. I am both a contact lens wearer AND have hyper-sensitive eyes.