July 29, 2014 | 1600 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by lsp372

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in one of the sets. It seems to work equallay well to urban decay, too faced, etc. I can't tell a difference- it's a light nude color and easy to spread, eye shadow stays well and I have had no creasing or fading problems. Lol I would buy it again, but I'll see if I can't get it in one of Lorac's kits for cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by yanange

I have super duper oily eye lids and crazy T-zone!! I literally get oily within 2 hours. I haven't tried UDPP so I can't compare. But this stuff is amazing, For around AUD $20, I bought it off ebay and because of great reviews on MUA! Love it, I have used NYX eyeshadows with it, helps me to keep it on for over 5 hours, though it does smudge a little, it is still very very very nice even if I go into the 6th or 7th hour.

This makes the colour more pigmented and vibrant, also helps if you use a matte eyeshadow, I think it helps to keep the colour longer!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyelid primer I have used/found since my beloved Lumiere one was discontinued. I have rather unlined olive skin, but around my eyes I'm beginning to have a tendency to show very fine lines mostly when wearing eye makeup. LORAC's does the trick not to exaggerate those lines by allowing eyeshadow to trickle into the creases AND it doesn't look like white face paint on my lid's. It goes on very sheer and lightweight.

I thought to give it a 4 because of the cost, but think that for how little you have to use, it's still cost effective,compared to many of the ones out there. I think I may prefer it to the Lumiere, but that was $7 for a tube that was twice as big.

It also doesn't seem to irritate my eyes. I am both a contact lens wearer AND have hyper-sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Diamelin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this primer for almost two years now. This stuff is amazing! My lids are very oily and I have tried several other primers (TFSI, UDPP, ELF, Loreal, etc.) and this one by far is the best of the bunch. It keeps my eyeshadow from creasing, even through hours of sitting in 110 degree+ heat in the AZ sun during my son's football games & track meets. It also keeps the eye shadows from fading, helps them last for over 8 hours, and does not dry out my lids like other primers have. I have even fallen asleep with my makeup on (I know, bad!!) and woke up with my eye makeup looking like I had just done it! It is a bit on the pricey side, but for what it does, definitely worth it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by followyourfancy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST PRIMER EVER! I have tried a few eyeshadow primers and bases, quite a few high end stuff, and nothing compares to this! It's consistancy is thick, but not cakey. This product makes your eyeshadow last all day, and I've never had creasing! That packaging is cute and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it. I have tried UDPP in the original and Eden....happy with both those but after receiving a large sample of this...I went out and got the full size..I like the packaging better than UDPP wand. It spreads easy and I just like it better. Seems like it will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by saflee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to love UDPP but I found that after a month of use, it just stopped working. It's like my eyelid oil became immune to it or something! I bought Loracs Behind the Scenes Primer on Hautelook during one of their sales on a whim and oh my goodness- i love it. It works just as well as the UDPP (it's the same color and consistency) but i've had the same results for almost a year now. Which reminds me.. I've had this since last September, using it almost everyday... AND I STILL HAVE A LOT LEFFT. The packaging is great, it's squeeze tube so no contamination and no wasting of product.. I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this makes eyeshadows go on like UDPP or maybe even better because it makes the shadows easier to blend, it did not make them last as long. :p which is why i choose UDPP over this one. the formulation and everything is just better for loracs, but it did not make my eye shadows LASTTT. D; you get soooo much product for your money on this though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG!! There is nothing bad I can say about this product. It lasts from the time I put it on in the mornings until the time I take it off at night. I will defnitley repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

This is very similar in terms of texture and color to UDPP. It is ever so slightly silkier feeling. I am disappointed to report that on my oily, hooded lids this does not work nearly as well as UDPP for me. While I don't experience any creasing with this product, it does not seem to intensify the color as much as UDPP. More importantly, this primer doesn't prevent fading of my eyeshadows at all. I'm disappointed as LORAC is one of my favorite brands, but they just seemed to have failed in this department. I won't be repurchasing this one :(.