April 20, 2014 | 988 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by followyourfancy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST PRIMER EVER! I have tried a few eyeshadow primers and bases, quite a few high end stuff, and nothing compares to this! It's consistancy is thick, but not cakey. This product makes your eyeshadow last all day, and I've never had creasing! That packaging is cute and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it. I have tried UDPP in the original and Eden....happy with both those but after receiving a large sample of this...I went out and got the full size..I like the packaging better than UDPP wand. It spreads easy and I just like it better. Seems like it will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by saflee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to love UDPP but I found that after a month of use, it just stopped working. It's like my eyelid oil became immune to it or something! I bought Loracs Behind the Scenes Primer on Hautelook during one of their sales on a whim and oh my goodness- i love it. It works just as well as the UDPP (it's the same color and consistency) but i've had the same results for almost a year now. Which reminds me.. I've had this since last September, using it almost everyday... AND I STILL HAVE A LOT LEFFT. The packaging is great, it's squeeze tube so no contamination and no wasting of product.. I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this makes eyeshadows go on like UDPP or maybe even better because it makes the shadows easier to blend, it did not make them last as long. :p which is why i choose UDPP over this one. the formulation and everything is just better for loracs, but it did not make my eye shadows LASTTT. D; you get soooo much product for your money on this though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG!! There is nothing bad I can say about this product. It lasts from the time I put it on in the mornings until the time I take it off at night. I will defnitley repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

This is very similar in terms of texture and color to UDPP. It is ever so slightly silkier feeling. I am disappointed to report that on my oily, hooded lids this does not work nearly as well as UDPP for me. While I don't experience any creasing with this product, it does not seem to intensify the color as much as UDPP. More importantly, this primer doesn't prevent fading of my eyeshadows at all. I'm disappointed as LORAC is one of my favorite brands, but they just seemed to have failed in this department. I won't be repurchasing this one :(.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by MsGoddessintraining

LOOOOOOOVE IT. Even the most horrid quality eyeshadow seems to work well with this. I gave a three for the packaging only because it is difficult to get the last bits of it out! But I love the squeezy tube.

My advice when using this is to make sure that you coat your lid evenly otherwise the eyeshadow may clump up in the area where you have over applied.

I said I would buy it again, but unfortunately you can't buy it in Australia. I can't wait for my next trip to the US!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by chrissie99

I recieved a deluxe sample from sephora and I instantly loved it. When my sample finally ran out i immediately purchased the full size. It fills the lines and wrinkles around my eyes and my make up goes on smoothly. Make up not only stays put but it also makes the colour of eyeshadows appear richer. A little ( the amount I use is the size of a rice grain per eye ) goes a long way so this tube will last.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by campfirekansas

This is how amazing this primer is. I applied my Lorac primer and eyeshadow around 3:00pm yesterday and when I went to go out around 11pm, it was still looked perfect. After a few cocktails I ended up going to bed with my makeup still on. The next morning my eyes still looked flawless! Wish I could say the same for the rest of my makeup that seemed to have shifted through the night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Less drying than UDPP, less oily than TFSI, more effective than Tarte and all others. Dries clear and matte without emphasizing crepiness -- a perfect primer for mature lids. The price point is great and the packaging just right. Makes my powder AND cream shadows last 8 hours without creasing.

One caveat: Like UDPP, it dries a little "tacky," so blending is a little tougher than without primer. But that's the tradeoff to making things last. I find that by using a touch more shadow -- and a better, silkier, more blendalbe shadow -- I have no troubles.

The only way they could improve this is to make one with pigment or shimmer, like UDPP Sin or Eden, to make this an all-in-one product. But adding pigment would probably mess up the chemistry.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No