October 1, 2014 | 1416 users online

Eyeliner - Milani - Liquif'eye Metallic eye liner pencil -black

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I bought this from CVS in black. It was a little over priced for a drugstore eyeliner but I still gave it a try. I was a little skeptical since this was a pencil liner and I hate tugging at my eyelids to get the product on. Like most of the other reviewers, I found this didn't stay for over an hour on my water line. I am yet to find an eyeliner that'll last all day on my waterline! But besides that, this is very creamy and smooth so you don't really have to apply it twice or thrice to your eyelids. It is the best combination of a liquid and gel eyeliner. It gives you the precision of a liquid liner and the creaminess of a gel eyeliner. I use the Eco tools smudge brush to smudge this eyeliner and it works like a charm! I will definitely be repurchasing this for my eyelids...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a dilemma - how does one rate a product that doesn't work for YOU, but it's not the fault of the product?

I bought the Liquif'Eye liner as just one in a long line of pencil liner purchases in my neverending quest to find a liner that will stay on my waterline for more than a half hour. Liquif-Eye liner was highly rated for waterline use, so I gave it a try. Unfortunately, the product didn't last any longer on me than any other liner I have tried.

HOWEVER....

....I have recently discovered this problem is NOT because of any deficiency in this or any pencil liner, but instead is caused by my having "oily tears."

I wear contact lenses, and whenever I have a good cry, my lenses get cloudy. No matter what I use to clean them, I can't get that film off and have to throw the pair away. Also, even when I don't cry, I have to replace my lenses more frequently than other folks, because they develop that same cloudy film after a week or so of continuous wear.

I asked my opthamologist about this, and was told that *most* people say their contacts feel cleaner and clearer after they cry - that mine don't indicates I have "oily tears."

Lightbulb moment - those same "oily tears" that are ruining my contact lenses whenever I cry, are dissolving away every liner I've used on my waterline over the years. So, the fact that I can't find a liner that will stick to my waterline isn't due to the fault of whatever product I've used, it's due to my own peculiar body chemistry.

Because I''m older, and my eyelids are no longer completely smooth, I can't draw an even line on my eyelids with any pencil liner (I use gel liners for that). So, I can't comment on how the Milani performs as a liner when used directly on the eyelids, either.

For anyone else who can't find any liner that stays on their waterline, consider you may have an "oily tears" issue, too. If you do, than no product is going to stay on your waterline, including this one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by JaiKai

I don't write reviews very often, but I had to write about this eyeliner. It is honestly the best pencil eyeliner I have ever used. It has the creamiest texture and glides on with the lightest touch, but once it is dried it will not budge at all. This eyeliner has been tested, even slept on (yes, bad habit, i know ><). I have even cried with it on my waterline, and it didn't budge. The packaging is sleek, it's easy to handle. It's a tad bit pricey for a d/s eyeliner, but definitely worth the price. This has now been my favorite eyeliner for many months now, and I have yet to find a better eyeliner for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smooth, intense color at a steal!

I have this in Black and Aqua....it's fantastic on my waterline. With or without eyeshadow to set, it didn't budge on me. I love how easy this pencil is to use, I always get a smooth line and great color pay-off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm somewhat on the fence about this product. To begin with, my eyes are VERY WATERY and my eyelids are VERY OILY.

When I first got this, I test-swatched it on the back of my hand. Rub half of it after applying, which of course smudged. But after I let it set, it was not easy to take off. It won't come off just with water and soap. It took a good rubbing with my makeup remover.

On my eyes, I can't say it doesn't smudge. It is very soft and I have a heavy hand. Not so good combination, there. However, it glides effortlessly to tightline, but it's very hard to prevent it from transferring to the lower waterline since I can't wait for it to set without blinking. Without mascara, I always notice transferring onto my lower lashline. That is quite inevitable I believe, because within the same amount of time with other eye liner, it would've all transferred under my eyes from my upper lashline. But with the usual usage of mascara, I noticed it stays for all day, through the night to the next morning (talking about drunken nights LOL).
I wore this on Queen's Day on April 30 on ELF Mineral Eye Primer. I woke up at 11, shower and makeup, BBQ (smoke), rave party (sweat and sun galore), a quick nap, pizza dinner, cleaning up my house, and only by 1am had I noticed it has somewhat faded a little, but didn't completely leave my lashline at all.
I would say it fades at around 9-10 hours mark.

I always clean it with EMC applied and massaged with a cotton bud tip and wipe it down with Yves-Rocher Micellar Solution. It's already gone by the time I wash my face. If I don't dissolve it with EMC, my lashlines will stay black for days.

If I've managed to master the application (not being heavy handed) and manage to prevent it from transferring to my lower waterline, I would definitely repurchase. I already have a backup for the time being anyway.

EDIT: I've learned how to be more light-handed. And this is perfect. However, I still keep the score at 4, because there's no way I would get a neat thin line without a little tidying up with my Essence Angled Eyeliner Brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this pencil. Works great on lids and waterline.
If you need to sharpen, pick up UD grindhouse sharpener and you're all set!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I rated this smack dab in the middle, mostly because it did not work for me but I can see how it worked great for others. This pencil is a little soft, goes on smooth and dark, and stays! The problems I had with it is with my contacts, it somehow gets on my contacts. I can understand if I'm doing my inner rims how it would get on my contacts but it happens on my upper lashline too. Once on the contacts, it does not come off, throw them in the garbage. Makes it look like you are looking through some sort of fog. For future testing of longer wearing liners I'll wait to try them until I'm ready to throw out the pair of contacts just incase it does that to them too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by pchin87

i absolutely love this eyeliner! and im not even counting price into my review. i also use estee lauder DW in onyx and UD in perversion and zero 19-20 USD $ and this eyeliner is right up there with both of them about 8$ depending where you get them. but price aside this eyeliner is creamy extremely BLACK and i find i can get more precise application with this pencil comparing to EL and UD. it stayed all day from 8am to 11pm didnt budge and stayed veryy pigmented. i read the reviews about people getting irritation and i have semi sensitive eyes and i had NO irritation what so ever. i put this on my lash line. tightlined and used on my waterline and i had no problems with it. it stayed on my waterline well though i do have trouble with all liners staying on my waterline all day but its lasting power again is definitely up there with high end liners. all in all this has become my everyday liner and i have no complaints. my advice is if u do have sensitive eyes or you are worried you wont like it. buy it from a place like a drugstore (they carry them at cvs) and return it if you dont like it. most places do let you return opened makeup nowadays. but i honestly beleive anyone who doesnt have sensitive eyes( or even does like me and doesnt get the irritation) will love this liner! i can not wait to try all the different colors. i only have black right now

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in black and really wanted to love it, but no. It doesn't stay on my waterline and smears all over my contacts. It's also very squishy and the tip smushes off or breaks all the time. I will say that it does glide on nicely and is inexpensive, but overall, I won't be repurchasing. I much prefer my Josie Maran Raven eyeliner, which does stay on my waterline and doesn't get on my contacts.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by sexygirl999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm impressed with the richness of color, ease of use, and staying power of this product. I wore this (over eyelid primer) and it stayed almost completely on for around 15 hours. That said, I don't know if I'll buy again due to the weird blueish gray undertone. After I apply eyeliner, I usually smudge it (slightly) with a cotton swab to soften the line - I found the smudged area to be a medium blue color, which looked awful with my skin tone and kind of betrayed the look I wanted. If you tend to use more eyeshadow than I do (or know how to use eyeliner better than me!), you might love this product.