September 16, 2014 | 1941 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by mizz_kay

I have this in the mild version and use it on my upper lip. No irritation, no redness, but it does tingle a little. Most importantly, it works like a charm. I will be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this twice on my upper lip. Both times, it burned, and afterward it would be inflamed and red for 2 days! It did, however, bleach all of my hair. Now I just use this to bleach my arms. It works perfectly and doesn't irritate my skin there. I'm guessing the skin on my face is too sensitive for bleach. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 7:48:00 AM More reviews by al82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this to town down my eyebrows.its cheap and it does exactly as promised.a little fiddley though.i use an old mascara wand for application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG facial hair bleach! I have been using this for years. I am hispanic and have super dark hair. So any hair on my face really shows. I use this all over my face like a mask. I do not use it on my mustache because I pluck it. I use the Mild Formula with Aloe. I am on Tazorac so waxing is out of the question. This is a great alternative and even if I wasnt on Taz, I think I would still use this over waxing. The only side effects I ever had was a little redness thats it but it lasts for a few minutes and goes away. I recently discovered the CVS knock-off version of this and used it for the first time and got the same exact results! The knock-off version is even creamier. Jolen retails for 4.99 for the regular size which I believe is 1oz. I got 2oz. of the CVS knock-off version for the same price! It is hard to mix up on the little tray with spatula that comes in the package. So I use a little bowl and a fan brush to mix it up and apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just used this for the first time and I am so pleased and happy with how this worked! I don't think I'm overly hairy but I do have a "mustache" that you can see if you really scrutinize my face--basically the fuzz on my upper lip is a bit darker than the white-blonde fuzz on the rest of my face. I'd wax my upper lip occasionally, but waxing was always extremely painful and left me with a blotchy, red, broken-out upper lip for days. When I was buying wax for my eyebrows I saw this bleach for only $5 at Ulta and decided to try it. I wasn't really sure that it would even work, because any other hair-altering cream I've put on my skin hasn't worked. I can leave Nair on my face forever and get a chemical burn before any hair will budge. So I mixed this bleach up, left it on my upper lip for ten minutes and dubiously scraped it off--and my lip fuzz was the same white-blonde color as the rest of the fuzz on my face! I am never waxing my upper lip again! While I had this on my face it did sting and was slightly uncomfortable and made my eyes water a little, but the stinging went away a few minutes after I removed the creme. Also, you don't really need to mix as much as the instructions say if you're just doing your upper lip (they advise 1/4 tsp of powder and 1/2 tsp of creme), but I mixed up about half that; just make sure you stick to a 1:2 powder:creme ratio and you'll be fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by abs0lutelyfab

I use this product to lighten my eyebrows a shade. It's easy to mix, and I usually paint it on with the spatula included or a hair dying brush. Be sure to check the progression by wiping off a bit of the mixture with the spatula. Just as soon as you think that it's not really working, it will remove the color quickly. Repaint it back on if you need to lighten more.

It does a great job of staying in place, and on the scale of skin irritation, it has ranged from tingling to slight discomfort. I haven't gotten a chemical burn from it yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I too have the 'stache, enough so that all the eyebrow plucking, moisturizing, hairstyling, and artful makeup application in the world would basically be lipstick on a pig if I didn't do something about it. This product works amazingly well as long as you follow the directions - be VERY careful estimating the measurements, because the one time I got it wrong I had a chemical burn that lasted a few weeks. Speaking of which, it'd be great if someone made a facial bleach that came premixed, because that part is the only con. Regardless, this product doesn't burn, doesn't stink, and doesn't flake or drip off if mixed correctly. If you feel a tingle, it's probably mixed too strong and you should take it off right away. I'm giving it a 5 for packaging because even though mixing it IS obnoxious, all the little parts fit neatly back into the box after use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by LexiB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just used this to lighten my eyebrows to match my red hair. My eyebrows are usually black, and I lightened them to a medium brown. Anyway, it didn't burn too much, it worked well and didn't make them orange, and I would definitely reccomend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by bemyown007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow i just tried out this product. Honestly just 10 mins ago. Being from a south asian decent we tend to have very dark all over our body. Its very embarrassing to show off ur body knowing u have body hair which doesn't seem hide. But this product will make it lighter and less noticeable. But someone help me to find other products to help me look like all the other brown girls who have no body hair....i envy them. Overall good product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Kagali

This was a savior for me. My problem is as follows: fair skin+very dark hair=the 'stache. So mortifying! I had gone to get it waxed for years, the problems being the waxes tended to irritate my skin and cause clogged pores (this goes for hot/cold waxes, pure waxes and ones with additives). So I decided "F it! I will try bleaching" a few years ago. And Jolen was the first brand I picked out at the DS. I have never been without it since then. It is really strong so bleaches everything I need bleached, yet does not cause whiteheads or long-lasting irritation. It has a few drawbacks:

1. Causes redness/irritation, but this isn't long-lasting (30-60 mins in my experience)
2. Is a pain to mix on the little flat tray provided with the spatulas. I feel like a crazy chemist every time I bleach.
3. Smells pretty bad.

All this considered I still give it 5 lippies because I am now stache-free. I haven't used this on arms or anywhere else, and each pack lasts me at least a year.