Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

on 5/18/2009 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using facial bleaches for a couple of years now, because I think I have dark hairs. I've used a few different ones and tried this because I couldn't stand the red marks left by the bleach I was using, as my skin is really sensitive. This is a no-frills product that actually works without burning my skin! I use this about every 3-4 weeks and the product lasts for ages.

on 3/7/2009 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had started out using Sally Hansen, but this bleach is much more economical and has better results. You may need a bit longer than the other bleach, but it is milder so it is less likely to cause irritations.

Also, you can reuse it. For example, use it one one arm and then the same product on the other arm later (obviously in the same session).

My only complaint is that I wish they had a more convenient place to mix the two ingredients. I use a small medicine cup instead of the plastic card they provide.

on 3/6/2009 2:45:00 AM

Fantastic bleach. I am extremely fair-skinned, with dark brown hair. This product works within minutes and the results last for two weeks before I need to even think about re-applying.

Warning: noxious smell. Use it in a well-ventilated area.

on 2/26/2009 12:14:00 PM

I've been using this since the 70's and it's one of those endearingly un-hyped classics that lives on because it's actually works. I am very careful to use it only for 4-5 minutes -- take a bit off to check and put it back if need be -- and have a little pink irritation after, so I would never use this right before leaving the house. But in a half-hour or so it's forgotten and fuzz is invisible. Great product.

on 12/26/2008 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in the mild version and use it on my upper lip. No irritation, no redness, but it does tingle a little. Most importantly, it works like a charm. I will be buying this again.

on 11/11/2008 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this twice on my upper lip. Both times, it burned, and afterward it would be inflamed and red for 2 days! It did, however, bleach all of my hair. Now I just use this to bleach my arms. It works perfectly and doesn't irritate my skin there. I'm guessing the skin on my face is too sensitive for bleach. :(

on 11/7/2008 7:48:00 AM

i use this to town down my eyebrows.its cheap and it does exactly as promised.a little fiddley though.i use an old mascara wand for application.

on 11/6/2008 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG facial hair bleach! I have been using this for years. I am hispanic and have super dark hair. So any hair on my face really shows. I use this all over my face like a mask. I do not use it on my mustache because I pluck it. I use the Mild Formula with Aloe. I am on Tazorac so waxing is out of the question. This is a great alternative and even if I wasnt on Taz, I think I would still use this over waxing. The only side effects I ever had was a little redness thats it but it lasts for a few minutes and goes away. I recently discovered the CVS knock-off version of this and used it for the first time and got the same exact results! The knock-off version is even creamier. Jolen retails for 4.99 for the regular size which I believe is 1oz. I got 2oz. of the CVS knock-off version for the same price! It is hard to mix up on the little tray with spatula that comes in the package. So I use a little bowl and a fan brush to mix it up and apply.

on 11/1/2008 9:24:00 PM

I just used this for the first time and I am so pleased and happy with how this worked! I don't think I'm overly hairy but I do have a "mustache" that you can see if you really scrutinize my face--basically the fuzz on my upper lip is a bit darker than the white-blonde fuzz on the rest of my face. I'd wax my upper lip occasionally, but waxing was always extremely painful and left me with a blotchy, red, broken-out upper lip for days. When I was buying wax for my eyebrows I saw this bleach for only $5 at Ulta and decided to try it. I wasn't really sure that it would even work, because any other hair-altering cream I've put on my skin hasn't worked. I can leave Nair on my face forever and get a chemical burn before any hair will budge. So I mixed this bleach up, left it on my upper lip for ten minutes and dubiously scraped it off--and my lip fuzz was the same white-blonde color as the rest of the fuzz on my face! I am never waxing my upper lip again! While I had this on my face it did sting and was slightly uncomfortable and made my eyes water a little, but the stinging went away a few minutes after I removed the creme. Also, you don't really need to mix as much as the instructions say if you're just doing your upper lip (they advise 1/4 tsp of powder and 1/2 tsp of creme), but I mixed up about half that; just make sure you stick to a 1:2 powder:creme ratio and you'll be fine.

on 10/15/2008 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this product to lighten my eyebrows a shade. It's easy to mix, and I usually paint it on with the spatula included or a hair dying brush. Be sure to check the progression by wiping off a bit of the mixture with the spatula. Just as soon as you think that it's not really working, it will remove the color quickly. Repaint it back on if you need to lighten more.

It does a great job of staying in place, and on the scale of skin irritation, it has ranged from tingling to slight discomfort. I haven't gotten a chemical burn from it yet.