Clinique High Lengths Mascara

3.8

on 3/18/2011 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This brush caught my attention. I thought it would be amazing for bottom lashes. Oops sorry, I so thought wrong. It is sooo flimsy. I hated it.

The little teeth on the brush do NOTHING. I use a disposable mascara wand to test the formula, Honestly it's just like their other mascara with a stupid wand that does what for you?? Nothing....

I returned it the next day.

on 3/13/2011 3:39:00 PM

I love this mascara. It does exactly what it says it does! My lashes become really long and the unique wand means my lashes don't clump. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I received this in black as a GWP.
The good things are that this mascara has a very dark pigment, I really like the wet-like formula, and it does lengthen. It also holds my curl in a way that fans out my lashes and elongates my eyes. Love that.
The bad thing is the brush. I feel like the comb is on the wrong side somehow. I just sweep the brush over my lashes using the non-comb flat side and it does the trick. But I wish they'd change the comb to the outside of the curve. I don't know, maybe it's just me. And it does clump the lashes together. Like, instead of a ton of separated lashes I end up with what looks like 10 super dark and long lashes. I don't mind this too much though and if I'm feeling energetic I'll quickly use a metal comb to go through my lashes before it dries to get separation.
All that said I don't think I'll purchase in the future because of the awkwardness of the comb. I'm hoping to find this formula in one of their other mascaras - perhaps the one with the comb on one side and the standard brush on the other - you never know.

This is an okay mascara. It does provide length but on me, it seems to clump up. It gives a nice black pigmentation and not too much fall out but ugh I really don't like the applicator. The comb brush thing is very hard to maneuver and I feel like I could touch my eyes easily while applying it and mascara would get all over. It's just too large. Anyways, if they change the brush then I might re-purchase by the mascara is good in itself.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have to echo what a lot of reviewers said about this product. It makes you look like you're wearing false lashes. Not necessarily in a good way though. It goes on thick and clumpy. With some work your can even it out a bit but it requires much more work to look decent than I think any mascara should. The name is a bit misleading. I didn't find it gave me any length but rather tons of volume. It has decent staying power and it didn't smudge much which is a plus. I prefer a more natural finish for my eyelashes so I will not rebuy but if loud false lash looks are your thing you might like this.

on 2/15/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging quality, formula, consistency, and lasting power is amazing but the brush just clumps my lashes and I get globs of mascara on a parts of my lashes which makes it look messy and uneven. It's really hard to use for the lower lashes and my left eye as I am right handed because I keep on poking my lashes.

on 2/5/2011 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This mascara is just one big disappointment
Pros: none
Cons:
the wand that makes application of the mascara a pain in the back
doesn't hold the curl
gives panda eyes
I'm going back to shu uemura's precise length

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Im loving this mascara at the mo. I am not nuts about mascara and generally dont bother with it I prefer eyeliner and find it takes up too much time to curl my lashes anyway. But since I have discovered this after receiving it as a gift I must say I am sold and will revert back to using mascara. It has lovely white and silver packaging and stands out in my makeup bag. It is mascara delivered on a comb styl ebrush that separates and lengthens and actually lifts and does give impact. My lashes are dark and glossy rather than dull looking. This mascara addes a shine to my lashes and really fans them out so they look natural. I rate this for doing the job it says. The wand has a longer comb which grabs all the lashes with one stroke and Im done and out the door. This is great for the wide aawake look and separation. If you are looking for more drama then use a mascara after this that is thickening. I like this lots and will defo buy again.

on 1/31/2011 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've heard such amazing things about this product but they've all been similar, you hate it at first and then you love it. Maybe it's because I have a sample and not the full sized product, but my brush collects A LOT of product on it. Does this happen to everyone? Maybe I'm putting it on wrong? While yes, it does lengthen, it is super clumpy because gobs of mascara get on my lashes. I really tried to like this, trying it multiple times. But maybe I need to get the fullsize product?

on 1/17/2011 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

This is the best mascara I have ever come across for my slightly short lashes which are on the fine side. I used to use Maybelline, thinking that things wouldn't get any better because Falsies wasn't too bad on me. Clinique changed that. This defines each lash and lengthens it but oh so naturally. It doesn't give that fake, clumpy look which may be alright for some. It adds that extra oomph to your casual/everyday look. The brush may look strange but works much better on my lashes than the huge wands that some brands come out with. I can get to all the lashes without giving myself panda eyes. And yes, I have repurchased. It is worth every penny.