December 21, 2014 | 1417 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by reb7e

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In love with this foundation! I have combination skin, very oily in the T zone & normal, sometimes dry in the rest of my face. This foundation goes on beautifully giving a healthy, dewy glow to my skin. It's lasting power is also good although after 5-6 hours you will need to blot/powder if you have oily skin. The shade range is pretty decent too if you're on the lighter side, unfortunately Bourjois doesn't do dark shades which is probably the only downside to this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by uxi

A great, natural foundation that glides easily across the skin. Has a nonviscous texture which feels just like water.
Has a gentle, shampoo-like fruity smell which is not at all bad.
Comes in a glass bottle with a pump which is easy to use.
Purchased it perhaps a shade or two too dark, but that is my fault.
Would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Rahila520d

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation as it is one of the very few that has worked well on my dry skin. Unfortunately, I am between shades, between 53 and 55 but I mix the 53 with a bit of l'oreals lumi magique and it helps to warm the tone up a little as 55 is a tad too dark. However, dueing the winter now that my skin is a little drier than usual, this foundation has started to feel a little heavier and slightly cakey, not sure why. But I would definately buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, I really don't get on with this foundation.

I chose shade 52 (Vanilla) which is a great match for a NC/NW20 - if in doubt or in between shades, go lighter as it can look a little orangey. I tried applying with both fingers and my Real Techniques buffing brush, but it was difficult to blend and really clung to fine hairs and the slightest of dry patches - not a flattering look. I also found it a little too sheer for my liking - I have some redness and some slight acne scarring on my skin: nothing too severe by any means, yet this didn't do much to cover it. Despite claims of anti-fatigue radiance and 16-hour wear, it didn't make my skin look particularly more radiant than usual, nor did it wear well for more than 4 hours when I had to get the blotting sheets out to control my oiliness, which took off a lot of the foundation.

I wouldn't highly recommend this - in my opinion, it's not worth the hype as the coverage is no more than a step up from a tinted moisturiser yet doesn't offer anything special that my cheaper, more effective foundations can't do. I think I'll stick with my medium to full coverage options and I won't be using this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by 26cyj58

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really good foundation, especially considering the price. The packaging is fine, although the lid seems to come off a lot. It smells good, goes on easily and looks lovely on. The coverage is actually really good but still looks natural. It's the one foundation which, when I'm wearing it, I feel confident that it's looking ok and not highlighting every wrinkle and crevice inflicting on my skin!
Only thing is I wish the staying power was slightly better. I also feel that the shade selection could be improved slightly. They are always either too pink or too yellow.
Other than that I've no other complaints. I've purchased foundations a lot more expensive than this one which look awful on the skin. That's why I've repurchased this so many times because I just know it's reliable.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by cottoncandisky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+Very affordable
+Hygienic packaging (pump)
+Doesn't break me out
+Doesn't get oily
+Smells nice
+Pretty easy to find a matching shade as MAC shades are very similar to these

Cons:
-Not exactly a great coverage
-Can make your skin a bit dry if you have very dry skin like me (good for combination skins)

The Bourjois gel serum foundation is better for dry skin

Other things...
Theres no SPF which is sometimes good (when taking photos with flash) but inconvenient for everyday use, I have to wear sunscreen underneath.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Even though this wore better throughout the day over the Gel Serum version, (Gel version unfortunately got quite oily around my nose), I didn't like the finish of this as much. It looked cakey than the Gel version and just didn't give me the pretty glow I was hoping for.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by swiftandshout

This foundation is literally my DREAM foundation. I have very large pores and I'm quite insecure about them, so for years I've been searching for a foundation that gives me good coverage over my pores. This foundation does EXACTLY that, whereas every other foundation I've tested, does not.
As well as it's amazing coverage, this foundation is light on your skin and gives a dewy finish. It's very creamy and blends easily, giving a flawless and almost undetectable coverage. Bonus - it smells AMAZING! Since this foundation is so creamy, it can easily melt away it's not set with a powder. (I also use the Bourjois Unifying Powder which works great with the foundation.)
The only thing I can fault with this foundation is the packaging which can easily break if being transported... apart from that - this product is AMAZING and I would recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by libbier

I have normal/oily skin but it tends to be more oily and shiny at the moment as it is summer here in NZ. The foundation is around medium (less or more and buildable) and blends well. It is yellow toned which made the shade match really well. (I have light-medium skin and i use the shade 53 beige clair). Some reviews say that this foundation would not last or be ideal for oily skin however, the finish on my skin looks semi-matte not so dewy nor satin. I wore the foundation alone from midday to 10pm through sun exposure, wind and work, and it still stayed on and looked fine (shine did come through a little but no big deal). I bought it for $23NZD off ASOS which is so so cheap and actually cheaper than Maybelline and loreal over here. No breakout problem also smells nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by caedyn

**Just a short disclaimer, I live in Australia where makeup products are ridiculously overpriced.**

MY SKIN: I have combination skin (oily t-zone and chin, dry cheeks) and do suffer the occasional breakout, a few times a month. I have yellow undertones but extremely red cheeks.

THE PRODUCT
PRICE: This product retails for $32 AUD at Priceline. As you could probably expect, that isn't exactly in my budget so when I heard you could buy this cheaper on asos.com, I was very happy. On asos.com, it costs $18-19 AUD, but I managed to get in on sale for $13 dollars - SCORE!

CONSISTENCY: Of a medium thickness, easily blended with fingers. I apply this with a flat foundation brush and manage to get a fairly even application.

SHADES: I think there are around 6-8 shades available - I've only ever seen about 6 at one time for sale. Mainly lighter shades and all of yellow undertones which is good for me, but most likely not for others. I bought this is the shade #52 - Vanilla/Vanille. When first applied, the product appears too yellow for my skin but after about 30 seconds, seems to 'adapt' to a more natural tone.

PACKAGING: I personally like the packaging - the red pump is quite appealing and works well. No mess with this product.

SCENT: What the heck is the fragrance in this!? It's definitely not a fruity smell but it is quite nice. I prefer fragrance free products but this isn't too bad.

STAYING POWER: When powdered, this lasted a good 8-9 hours on my skin. If my skin was normal-dry, I'd probably be able to wear it for 12-16 hours, but that's not the case with my skin.

COVERAGE: I'd say light to medium. Buildable. A concealer is still required to cover my acne scarring and any spots I have.

BREAKOUTS: As far as I know, this hasn't caused any major breakouts, if any at all.

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS TO OTHERS?: No. It's definitely not my favourite foundation - I much prefer Rimmel Wake Me Up and Maybelline Superstay. This foundation isn't amazing. It's just good. I don't love it but I don't hate it.

WOULD I REPURCHASE THIS?: No. This just wasn't for me.