Cover Girl Smoky ShadowBlast

1.6

on 10/20/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I agree with everyone else... this is a horrible rip off!
I bought the Plum color because I saw Drew Berrymore wearing it in an ad in my Allure mag and it looked really pretty. I now know for a fact that there is no way in hell that she's actually wearing this crap in that picture!

It's texture is like chapstick or something... and the color is totally weird. It smudges, creases, doesn't blend, looks awful- pretty much everything you DON'T want in a shadow. HORRIBLE!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

There is nothing I can say about this that hasn't already been said. It is possibly the worst makeup product I have ever tried, and the only reason I was suckered into it was because of the crazy amount of advertising.

"Colored chapstick", as another reviewer has said, and the packaging is just as bad. My tube cracked after its first (and only) use.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Wow, it's odd seeing how much everyone on MUA hates this product. I don't think it's horrible really, but it does lack in the quality department. It easily creases and the application aspect of it it's as great as I'd like it to be. Good concept and good colors... just not enough to make me want to buy it again.

on 9/27/2010 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I usually love cream eyeshadows, but this one is awful! The concept is so great its a shame this one falls on its face. They are too greasy to have any staying power, and they apply unevenly. Yuck!

The colors are pretty nice, I must admit I have the brown set in the light brown/dark brown.

However, I have the Urban Decay Primer Potion, where NOTHING creases (before I used it EVERYTHING did).

This product still creases with the primer. So I hardly ever pick it up. You have to use it VERY sheer or else it will crease. Not cool, Covergirl, not cool.

Anyway, I'm straying away from Covergirl products in general, so there are several reasons I won't be repurchasing this product.

on 9/25/2010 4:10:00 PM

I dont understand why everyone hates this product so much. i really like it, i have blue eyes and the dark brown / light brown colour of this stick made my eyes really stand out. the colour is really shimmery and pigmented so you dont have to use alot of it. it is creamy and glides right on. It takes no time at all to put it on, my favourite part is that the colour is so strong so it is not like alot of products where the colour barely shows up.
I would recommed this product to girls who are just starting out with makeup because it will not take long at all to put on and it is not alot of money ither.

on 9/18/2010 11:52:00 AM

Whoever designed this product needs to be fired, immediately.

How can you possibly get a smokey look with colored chapstick? I used this ONCE and didn't even wear it out of the house. It went into the trash as soon as I was done complaining to my hubby about how HORRIBLE it was.

Do not even waste time looking at this product at the store. I hope CG discontinues this product soon because its wasted space in the CG aisles.

on 9/16/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ermm, save your money for something else please!
Do not like the formula!
Do not like the consistency!
HATE the packaging!

Spending money on this is like giving money to the person who stands under traffic light with a hungry sign.

on 9/16/2010 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Agree completely with the other posters. I bought Citrus Flair (the green & bronze combo). Have tried it both alone and with 3 different e/s primers (UDPP, TFSI, and Benefit Stay Don't Stray) to no avail. Looks good for about an hour, then by hour 2 it begins to crease and by hour 3 most of it is gone except for the nasty crease line. Fortunately I got this practically for free using CVS coupons, so I'm not fuming about money thrown out the window.

on 9/10/2010 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, I am not a make-up lover....that being said, I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I am not good at the smoky eye, this made my life easy, it looks great. Downside, the first one i bought the dark brown broke, I brought it back and got another, same thing happened. They need to keep this on the market, but need a package re-design ASAP.

Also something i learned you should apply an eye shadow base (i use bobbi brown) it will stop the cream shadow from wearing off and locking into eye creases.

Enjoy!! xoxo