April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by coolcat13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont understand why everyone hates this product so much. i really like it, i have blue eyes and the dark brown / light brown colour of this stick made my eyes really stand out. the colour is really shimmery and pigmented so you dont have to use alot of it. it is creamy and glides right on. It takes no time at all to put it on, my favourite part is that the colour is so strong so it is not like alot of products where the colour barely shows up.
I would recommed this product to girls who are just starting out with makeup because it will not take long at all to put on and it is not alot of money ither.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Whoever designed this product needs to be fired, immediately.

How can you possibly get a smokey look with colored chapstick? I used this ONCE and didn't even wear it out of the house. It went into the trash as soon as I was done complaining to my hubby about how HORRIBLE it was.

Do not even waste time looking at this product at the store. I hope CG discontinues this product soon because its wasted space in the CG aisles.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by DarkCircIes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ermm, save your money for something else please!
Do not like the formula!
Do not like the consistency!
HATE the packaging!

Spending money on this is like giving money to the person who stands under traffic light with a hungry sign.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Dibb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Agree completely with the other posters. I bought Citrus Flair (the green & bronze combo). Have tried it both alone and with 3 different e/s primers (UDPP, TFSI, and Benefit Stay Don't Stray) to no avail. Looks good for about an hour, then by hour 2 it begins to crease and by hour 3 most of it is gone except for the nasty crease line. Fortunately I got this practically for free using CVS coupons, so I'm not fuming about money thrown out the window.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ali1008

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I am not a make-up lover....that being said, I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I am not good at the smoky eye, this made my life easy, it looks great. Downside, the first one i bought the dark brown broke, I brought it back and got another, same thing happened. They need to keep this on the market, but need a package re-design ASAP.

Also something i learned you should apply an eye shadow base (i use bobbi brown) it will stop the cream shadow from wearing off and locking into eye creases.

Enjoy!! xoxo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by BBrazilian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love CG products, but absolutely hate these!!!! I purchased 3 of the colour combos, which was stupid to begin with. I should have tried just one to see if they were any good. The problem is mostly with the application. The shape of the makeup is awkward and that makes it just about impossible to apply. The colours I chose were all awful. They had no staying power. Needless to say, they went straight into the bin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

Ugh. I thought this product would be great, especially in a hurry but geez! It's a fantastic concept but the product is just awful! Even with a primer, it creases after a few minutes horribly even after blending. I got into the car 10 minutes after applying this and I had a hideous black crease! It looks like I did my makeup in the dark...with my feet. It feels greasy on your lids and smudges everywhere and it's just horrible.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

This was just awful. I tried it with a primer and then another time I tried that & setting it with a powder. Both failed. This product didn't show up on my eyelids, creased and was just awful. On top of all that one side broke in half on me while the product was barely twisted up. Apparently any sort of pressure breaks the stick of shadow (thus the low rating on the package).

If you're wanting a CG shadow go get their singles, 3 or 4pks. Just don't waste your money on this one. CG went very wrong with this idea.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is really cakey like kids makeup, and it feels like chap stick on my eyelids. i tried it on, took it off after it didnt ever feel dry, and then took it back to the store and demanded my money back. i thought it would be something for on the go, since the lashBLAST was such a hit. i guess they just took advantage of the name and made a whole "blast" line. BLAH.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by DoodleReviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

color payoff: horrible if you want to blend. Leaves only glitter.
stay power: disappears after a good hour. And creases like no other.
price: way too much for such a crappy product.
quality: I opened it and the whole stick of highlighter came out of it's case. EFF! But the black is nice to line eyes with.

total waste of money!