October 21, 2014 | 857 users online

Palettes - Sleek - Storm Palette

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I know this palette is getting a lot of love, but I'm not crazy about it. The shades are mostly uninspiring, though there are one or two that I really do like. What I don't like about this palette is that all the shades are either completely matte, or too frosty. Not shimmery, but overly frosty in my opinion. The black is excellent though, super pigmented and works really well as a liner. I do like the packaging as well, it's small and sturdy, though it feels cheap. Also note that these shadows are very small, not that I'm worried about using one up or anything :) I never reach for this palette, since I only like one or two shades plus the black.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An inexpensive palette with beautiful, richly-pigmented eyeshadows. A great mix of neutrals and deeper shades, most with shimmer. The shadows are mineral-based and easy to blend. You don't need to load up you brush with these babies or you'll get some fall-out, esp. with the darker shades. I use a light hand with these. This palette is cheaper in the UK and runs around $10 US though the shipping is steep at $13 , but I think this palette is worth $23. However, I'd get this with a larger order (I bought several other palettes as gifts to make myself feel better about the shipping cost).****EDIT: I swapped this. Just didn't reach for it ever. Hated the idea of it collecting dust in my drawer. If you already have a ton of shadows you can pass this one up. However, I think it's a great starter kit for those just getting into shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by feralstrumpet

Great quality for the price. Unfortunately these were too frosty and not quite right shade wise-- intense pigment though. Perfect for some with darker skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by read1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! Don't waste your monies on a single mac eyeshadow (£11 currently) when for £5.99 you can get a sleek pallet with 12 wearable blendable shades. Just wish I found this product earlier! The packaging is supercute, the mirror is useful, my only gripe is the sponge applicator that comes with it, fingertips/brushes do a much better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by stella84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This palette is amazing. I just purchased it off Ebay as we don't have Sleek in Australia and I am in love. It cost me $12AUD including shipping so it is dirt cheap compared to my MAC palettes ($35AUD for a single shadow).

The colour payoff is unbelievable for something so cheap. The shimmery colours especially have very high pigmentation. It is comparable if not better than the likes of the pigmentation of MAC Woodwinked and Amber Lights.

The two lighter matte colours are not as pigmented, but would be great for blending a crease colour into the highlight colour etc.

The packaging is very sleek (lol) and chic, I really like it. It looks almost like HE not DS.

I am going to try another one of these palettes, probably in Jewels and will report back on that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Clythie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is my first sleek palette (planning on purchasing more as soon as they come back in stock). I bought the palette for Ä7 and I think it is the best Ä7 I ever spent. They are highly pigmented and long lasting. The blend very well and there is minimum fall out (the cranberry colour has the most fall out of all the colours). They are very soft and shimmery (3 however are matt) Ė the colours complement each other amazingly. A palette for a every day casual/sophisticated work look or a sexy smokey-eye look for going out.

Top row L-R
1. a shimmery browny beige that looks excellent on the eyelid
2. a very light shimmery beige that can be used as an highlighter (can be very shimmery when applied to heavy
3. a matt light brown/skin colour
4. a shimmery gold that works well on its on the eyelid
5. a amazing shimmery salmon/pink (works well with the cranberry colour no. 6 and the black as a smokey-eye)
6. a lovely shimmery cranberry colour works well with the pink (has some fall out and is the least pigmented colour in the palette, although it is my fave go to colour in the palette

Bottom row L-R
7. a shimmery bronzy brown Ė excellent for a warm smokey eye
8. pretty shimmery steel colour (looks in pan more blue but on eye leans towards grey/silver
9. a lovely stormy shimmery green Ė that makes a lovely eyeliner Ė has got glitters in it
10. a shimmery and glittery blue in the pan but on the eye the glitters tend to disappear (fall out) Ė a lovely blue that brings out grey eyes
11. a dark matt brown, pigmented but doesnít stand out in between all the other shimmery colours
12. a matt black (this colour always appears in the sleek palettes) Ė would have been great if it was a shimmery black. However this black is lovely and very blendable

Overall a amazing palette to create palette to have and use. The small and sturdy!! packaging is fantastic to bring with you on holiday as it has an array of colours.

But my only dissapointment is the sponge brush - why o why don't the people who create e/s palettes realize that we want brushes not sponges :S - quietly awaiting that day

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Storm palette is probably my most loved makeup item ever. I have loads and loads of neutral eyeshadows (a MAC palette among them), and for the past 3 months I have not used anything on my eyes apart from this palette and Blanc Type. Itís just that good. The colours are incredibly pigmented (a lot more than MAC), look very very pretty on and last forever.

Just a couple of highlights from the palette:
Top row, L-R
1 is like UD Sin with a bit of beige thrown in, very pretty lid colour.
3 I use this as a lid colour, it goes with anything in the crease. Itís also awesome for blending out darker colours, this is probs my most used shade from the palette.
5 and 6 go so well together, makes for a very nice warm cranberry-pink eye that doesnít make you look sick.

Bottom row, L-R
1 is a bronzey brown, awesome for a warm smokey eye and looked incredibly good when I had red hair.
2 If Knight Divine and Scene had a baby, this would be it. Very pretty steel blue-grey.
3 is a dark stormy green, would probably look really good with green eyes.
4 is a bit of a dud, the colour is gorgeous but itís very loose with massive glitter fallout and little pigmentation. Could possibly work foiled or over Pixie Epoxy.
5 is a cool dark brown, very pigmented and blendable and I love it. Itís my go-to crease colour with the caramel colour from the top row on the lid, makes for such a pretty neutral eye. Itís dark enough to use as a liner on the lower lashline too.
6 is THE BEST BLACK EYESHADOW EVER MADE. No joke, I donít even touch Carbon anymore. I also ditched my Fluidline and liquid liners for this, itís that pigmented and smooth and black. I use it with an angled liner brush as an eyeliner, it goes on blacker than Fluidline and itís easier to blend out. Iím totally in love.

Storm has really grown on me, itís just so versatile and good quality. Iím kind of missing a matte highlight shade but oh well. Just looking at this palette kills my lemming for UD Naked, hope they never discontinue it. Best £5 ever spent.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Jammyc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These eyeshadow palettes are great because:-

1. Dirt cheap
2. The colour payoff is great
3. The texture is very nice
4. Great choice of colours
5. Lots of palettes to choose from
6. Great quality for the price

Love them :o) x

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Mebs786

This is the first palette I have bought from all the sleek palettes.. The quality is very good.. I use the eyeshadows over my UDPP and the shadows last all day and don't even crease or fade... I love the colours..

I will be buying the other palettes in this range now as I am so impressed with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Timkerbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette after trying out the Sleek gel eyeliner and liking the quality, and seeing a review of the Sleek palettes on Youtube (Melovemakeup)
The packaging is really pretty. The case is a nice matte black that belies the fact that the product only costs £5. I didn't expect too much from a cheap set of eyeshadows like this, but the quality is amazing.
The eyeshadows are very pigmented, go on easily and blend very well.
The colours in the palette are extremely pretty. They are all very wearable in my opinion, and it's the kind of colours I wouldn't hesitate to wear to work, even the darker ones as toned down crease colours.

This is the only one of the Sleek palettes I have bought so far, but I will buy more at the first opportunity.